Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Trau thief
Trau thief
 Phoenix.Meektaru
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Meekriot
By Phoenix.Meektaru 2013-07-04 19:54:10
Link | Citer | R

I was hoping to get some advice from some fellow thieves. I'm a taru thief.

I have a lot of trouble soloing things. my HP is extremely low. I'm not fully capped on merits, but I'm very close. My dagger is 415ish and evasion is roughly 370, so they aren't capped.

I was wanting to know how taru thieves survive with such low HP? Will things get that much better with my skills capped?

I spend all of my tp on curing waltz and never get to use weapon skills. I tried to solo dynamis sandy yesterday and it was a joke. I was extremely slow and kept dying to mobs.

Any advice? Thanks
 Phoenix.Meektaru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Meekriot
By Phoenix.Meektaru 2013-07-04 19:55:24
Link | Citer | R

PS... Any advice in general for efficient soloing and fighting, not just dynamis. Thanks
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2013-07-04 19:55:25
Link | Citer | R

Invest in a mule to tab over and cure yourself. If not then level a different job. I was not disappointing with my cat.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-04 19:58:07
Link | Citer | R

cap skills, invest in some evasion gear
By Tphantom 2013-07-10 18:40:57
Link | Citer | R

1st off if your farming dont do city dynamis go to dreamlands, im hume thf and with just af+2 i was averaging 100-120 coinsafter i made relic and did exent and ms sets i raised that income in about 50 more coins per run. No eva gear just the haste knife till i got the effect and mainhanding the attack one forgot name.
By Eidee 2013-07-10 20:36:04
Link | Citer | R

Hello!

as a fellow squishie elvaan THF, I can tell you from my own experience:

1. Cap your evasion, and your dagger skills
This is super important because it increases the chances of avoiding huge chunks of damage and will save your TP for WS and such.
Cap your dagger skills beacuse you have to deal the most amount of damage in the less time posible, this also helps to land steps/stuns in order to proc the mobs in dynamis, trust me, theres nothing more anoying than the 12 second wait on another try at a stun to proc, specially if you accidentally linked 2-3 mobs

2. Get evasion gear
Thocka with AGI+11, Optical hat, Scorpion harness, even TH af2 hands, even the new SoA "bayld" gear has a ton of AGI/eva; go get all you can on evasion, dont be afraid to look oldschool on it, you need to evade as much as posible while trying to proc JA red on dynamis, THEN you can switch to DD gear, also ivbe noticed using THFs JAs help, like Conspirator for suble blow + acc for landing steps/stuns, also use Bully in case of emergency, because it keeps your main enemy Intimidation, which lowers the chances of doing a TP move on you

3. Bring items
Dont be the cheap THF [unless you have NNI gear and are a veteran] who uses jigs to go from TE to TE, get oils/powders and take your time to pull your TEs. also bring RR earring and have it on untill you have fished all TEs, if oyu get compromised, disengage and run to a safe place where you can get up and wont get agroed, dying in dynamis is not the end of the world, its just 5 less minutes of coin farming, use regen from books and bring steaks or sushi or anything you feel more confortable with [IMO I use any food that gives me STR+, and some HP+ wouldnt hurt]

4. Merit HP
having +100 hit points on every job is great, regardless of the situation

|good luck| and hope this helps you
By BlaTheTaru 2013-07-31 14:10:49
Link | Citer | R

As a taru thf myself I feel your pain! The bad news is you'll always be squishier than others as thf because of your race. The good news is you look the coolest doing exenterator so that's nice. On a more serious note when you do go into dynamis I would suggest doing qufim or buburimu until you get the hang of it. A bit of advice too.... Build what you want. Do not see a nice dagger and think....I'm going to buy that and be one of those ah thfs. Go out and farm what you need. This will make you appreciate it more, and it will give you a lot of time to learn the ins and outs of your job as well as its limits.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dirtaru
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dirtaru
By Leviathan.Dirtaru 2013-07-31 14:17:00
Link | Citer | R

A good regen set is nice to have stacked in with your evasion gear too while trying to proc while turned. Personally I use delve dagger and mkris I feed the mob tp but I get it back faster also and usually evisceration does about 3000-4000 if a mob procs early.