Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Scholar » Alacrity+Stun
Alacrity+Stun
 Asura.Ivykyori
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2013-06-30 09:11:44
Link | Citer | R

K, so I'm going to be working on a stun set soon, and I'm trying to add a rule in my script to use Alacrity whenever I use stun (and obvious change into my stun set, but I'm comfy with adding sets to spellcast, not anything too complicated beyond that yet).

So how would one go about that rule? I want to say that this:

...actually, I'm completely clueless as to how to go about it, so HALP!
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-06-30 09:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Code
<if spell="Stun">
     <if Notbuffactive="Alacrity">
	<changespell spell="Alacrity"/>
     </if>
</if>

Stick that in between the <rules> & </rules> somewhere.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-30 09:51:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Code
 <if spell="Stun"> <if Notbuffactive="Alacrity"> <changespell spell="Alacrity"/> </if> </if> 
Stick that in between the <rules> & </rules> somewhere.

I would assume you wouldn't want to be burning strats EVERYTIME you cast it unless you ONLY stun on SCH. It seems more prudent to have it on a toggle as well as under a BUFFACTIVE="TABULA RASA" style rule.
 Asura.Ivykyori
Serveur: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2013-06-30 10:32:09
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking about that after I made this post. I'm trying to think up a time-efficient way because I am actually really bad at timing stuns, like, I literally try to get out of stun duty if I can/if there's a blm with a faster finger. Which is why the code posted was something I was looking for.
 Ragnarok.Achira
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Achira
By Ragnarok.Achira 2013-07-08 03:47:13
Link | Citer | R

You could set your own custom variable- giving it a Boolean value. This way, the rule will mostly be turned off as a default, until you are in a stun duty situation. Then you'd set the value and the rule would be active.

I'm thinking through the overall logic though- and I'm thinking that if you were supposed to stun a move but used alacrity instead- would you still be able to get to stun in time?
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-07-08 05:00:44
Link | Citer | R

You should never use alacrity directly before the stun. It should already be up. If anything, you can add a wait 3.8 to the end of your stun macro, and then /ja alacrity. That way, every time you stun, alacrity will be used directly after. It will always be up for every stun, except the first (the first alacrity you will need to do manually). If alacrity is going to wear soon, simply click it off at a safe time and reapply it.