Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Getting drk ready for Delve
Getting drk ready for Delve
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: avengerx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-06-17 02:29:58
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys I was wondering what I can possible do to my drk so that I can get invited into Delve runs. Also can someone give me tips on what to look for when building a PDT set like specific gear and stuffs

TP: ItemSet 297614

and

WS: ItemSet 304734
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-17 03:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Been trying to make this post for awhile, and just kept deleting everything because it was annoyingly depressing in a way.

Bale earring>Flame earring in every way, though I imagine flame was just a mistake in the item set or something(seem to be wearing it on nin as well).
If Tyrant's isn't needed to keep an xhit or whatever during ws, you should switch it out for a Pyrosoul, strigoi, or at least a spiral ring.
Karieyh sollerets are pretty easy to get the bayld for, and should always be better than Dilaram's.

The Drk guide should have a PDT set listed I'd think, or at worst just use the power search for "Physical Damage Taken" or "Magic Damage Taken" or "Damage Taken" and include Drk in the box to the right(and even target specific slots). It doesn't work for augmented gear, which is pretty much just Dark Rings and Dark/Black earrings as far as DT stuff.
Plenty of gear sets and stuff in the guide as well, though the progression doesn't actually make sense.

Now to something you didn't actually ask about.
You have no chance of getting in to any current delve groups as a hoarfrost Drk. That's just how things are now. All DD jobs are insanely common and a large majority of them already have a delve weapon upgraded to some point.
Bereaver, Bloodbath, Rigor, all these weapons are now considered to be the standard weapons for these jobs. If you don't have one, no one is going to want you for the most part. If you have a 99 RME there's still a chance, but AH weapons or lower quality NM/VW drops will pretty much never get in to anything.

There is the question of "How can I get a delve weapon if I can't do delve?!"
But the answer to that is that no one actually cares about the problems others may be facing.
Again, you didn't ask for this, but I am going to suggest something.
You have Cor at 99. Gear it, get in to delve shouts, get your KI wins on Cor, and your Plasma on Cor, and then go buy a bereaver. It might be a job you hate, I don't know, but it's just about your only option at a glance.

It's what I(and many others) had to do(with Brd Cor and Whm) and I didn't have fun doing it. Made me dislike the game a lot more, but it was the only option to make progress on current content.
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-06-17 05:08:42
Link | Citer | R

ok thx, I don't have much in the way for cor cept full +2 and an armageddon, I also have all rolls. Thank you for the advice off to gear cor....yay~

edit: was it annoying depressing because my gear is so bad?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-17 05:10:52
Link | Citer | R

I've seen Cors in delve with far less than all that, and they still get invited back(even those that can't keep rolls up). Really hope it all works out and sometime soon you're able to do this content on a job you really like.
Game not so fun when it starts feeling like a job.
Edit: Oh no had nothing to do with your gear.
I was just annoying myself typing out how crappy the whole delve system sort of is right now.
And it annoyed me to see that someone that actually cares about the job, actually has a WS set, will always be ignored in favor of a Drk with just a better weapon.
Seen so many Drks get in to delve just because they have a bereaver or the scythe, but the rest of their gear is crap and they never swap.
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-06-17 05:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Well again thx for the step in the right direction ^^
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-17 05:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much what Diabolique said. Ive seen some pretty sad DD in delve that get in strictly because they have a delve weapon even if the rest of their gear is terrible. Me not having one I was forced to gear up a job I COMPLETELY HATE. BRD. BRD COR WHM are jobs that are pretty easily geared that are in high demand for delve shouts and will get you pts quickly. I made 32K plasm in a total of 5 or 6 runs on my first night ever doing delve the other day. However I dont have the KIs for any weapons so now thats where im stuck :/

tldr; Gear up cor and *** it out now while there is shouts and its needed. Just get the pts/KI you need and put it away right after.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-17 10:08:01
Link | Citer | R

A long time ago i lvled and geared whm as an easy option to both boost the rate at which i could gear drk, and have an extra option that was highly sought after since drk could be extremely situational (at the time)

People tend to not check their support jobs very much unless theyre terrible, whms who dont cure (so common its scary) brds that dont sing and cors that come in pink gear and dont know how to double-up.... then word of mouth (or word of keyboard lol) spreads and those people slowly get ignored. for your drk, since they are a dime a dozen (terrible or not) you want to bring yourself up to an acceptable level before you want to introduce it into pick up groups where everyone thinks they know your job better than you do until you prove you know what youre doing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-06-17 10:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
A long time ago i lvled and geared whm as an easy option to both boost the rate at which i could gear drk, and have an extra option that was highly sought after since drk could be extremely situational (at the time)

People tend to not check their support jobs very much unless theyre terrible, whms who dont cure (so common its scary) brds that dont sing and cors that come in pink gear and dont know how to double-up.... then word of mouth (or word of keyboard lol) spreads and those people slowly get ignored. for your drk, since they are a dime a dozen (terrible or not) you want to bring yourself up to an acceptable level before you want to introduce it into pick up groups where everyone thinks they know your job better than you do until you prove you know what youre doing.

^QFT (and the otheres here too although Zero's post hit home for me). I'll take someone I know is good at a different job, or has impressed me somehow before, before I'll take someone I don't know (regardless of the gear resume).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-17 10:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Regarding Delve, as a COR and a DRK, let me just say... I never get asked to come DRK. And I got a bereaver.

I'd suggest to anyone wanting to get into delve.... these are the jobs that require the least ammount of gear.

Fisherman -
THF/COR/BRD

Strap on /nin and go. You'll never attack anything, your just aggroing and pulling to the group. Thief is the best puller, but alot of groups would rather have a crappier puller who can buff than not.

For Corsair farm an Awilda's and get some bronze bullets. Peacemaker works too. Low delay gun, low damage bullets (really anything cheap).

For Bard.. i Don't know, ask a Bard. I don't know that anyone looks at Bard gear, and just assume that if they got songs, your golden.

Ninja could probably fish here too, but they won't.

Healers -

White Mage/Scholar

I've WHM'ed delve, I don't have the best gear. No one cared. If your the party WHM, It's pretty low intensity anyhow. If your with the PLD, just know that you should have Sacrifice ready, and don't be stingy with Cure IV.

DD -

It's nearly a requirement to have R/M/E or Delve. If you have none of those, I'd suggest doing Skirmish first. It's not that hard, the weapons are comparible, and most are easier to get an X-hit build with.

There are plenty of DD out there, and alot of them are better than most the people who want to DD. It's the easiest role to fill, in most every situation.

** I've seen undergeared PLD's used as pullers too. +movement helps alot of anyone fishing here.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-17 11:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
For Bard.. i Don't know, ask a Bard. I don't know that anyone looks at Bard gear, and just assume that if they got songs, your golden.

Make sure you can sleep stuff.... I had my first delve experience the other night and I wasnt sure what to expect. I had sort of a hard time sleeping mobs here and there and it sucks if it causes death to the melee or yourself. Since then though I've put together a much better sleeping set.
 Bismarck.Lynxis
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lynxis
By Bismarck.Lynxis 2013-06-17 11:08:06
Link | Citer | R

I won't say anything anyone else has already said but right away, I'd tell you to get the bayld body and legs as well for your WS set and make sure you eat sushi while doing Delve. Once you start delve, immediate gear replacements I'd make are delve boots to replace ace's and zoran's belt to replace phasmida. These 2 replacements will cap your haste without affecting your x-hit build at all and improve your overall accuracy a bit too.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-17 12:59:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »

^QFT (and the otheres here too although Zero's post hit home for me). I'll take someone I know is good at a different job, or has impressed me somehow before, before I'll take someone I don't know (regardless of the gear resume).
I second this, 9/10 times if someone I know is good on one job says they have another they can go, theyre probably good at that job aswell. I may have every job geared to a decent degree, but theres only a handful I'm confident enough in my own ability and knowledge to offer up in any sort of event.
[+]
 Fenrir.Calamity
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-06-17 20:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Zero and Ash said it. I've given my drk lots of love and have had little trouble getting repeat invites from those who have seen me in action and know they can trust me to hold my own.

I've also found, many delve shouters don't even bother advertising for DD's, because they know they don't have to. Unless I see a member tally, I'll ask even if they say just say they're looking for cor/brd/whm/sch only. Very often I'll get in to find the alliance not even half full yet. So even if your job isn't listed, ask anyway. The worst they can do is say no.

When I first started doing delve, I had the hardest time getting the KI to buy my GS, and so I was down there with my trusty Caladbolg. But I memorized what WS's I could close with what to make light or dark, and when I hit 100tp I'd either resolution or torcleaver based on what ws was done just before me, or if none at all, just resolution by default. This allowed me to seriously close the gap between myself and the delve drks to my left and right, and in most cases, outdoing them.

Granted I still find myself building up my cor, but that's just because I want a backup plan for the shouts that I can't get into as drk, as most often, restock shouts more often than not are really only looking for cors and brds and whms and such.

But basically, gear well, be resilient, pay attention, show you love the job, and you'll soon find you'll have little trouble getting repeat invites. Though it's not a bad idea to have your cor ready as a backup plan. Much as Dia said, I've seen cors with far worse gear than that.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-06-17 20:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Save 40 to 50m. Buy a senbask nagan. Your drk will be ready for anything. Dont have the gil. Spam pw cat fight for s ignots. At least 10m a pop right now. No pw needed. Can spam mafdening radaonce 5x in one hour. Even more if you weakened items. It can be done with 12 people.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-18 21:56:13
Link | Citer | R

DRK TP SET:

ItemSet 304953

I know I need a new GRIP / AMMO / NECK but working on it

Sugegstions are /welcome
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-18 22:04:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
DRK TP SET:

ItemSet 304953

I know I need a new GRIP / AMMO / NECK but working on it

Sugegstions are /welcome

WS:(Resolution)
ItemSet 304956

Still working on stuff
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2013-06-18 22:07:26
Link | Citer | R

TP set:

Mikinaak Greaves, Phorcys Dirs/Ares +1 legs

Resolution:

Soil Gorget/Belt, Fracas Grenade, TP Bonus Moonshade > Flame Pearl, Phorcys Mitts

There's still better options as you can find in the DRK Guide thread, but these are pretty quick fixes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-18 22:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
TP set:

Mikinaak Greaves, Phorcys Dirs/Ares +1 legs

Resolution:

Soil Gorget/Belt, Fracas Grenade, TP Bonus Moonshade > Flame Pearl, Phorcys Mitts

There's still better options as you can find in the DRK Guide thread, but these are pretty quick fixes.

moonshade Earring not an Option til RE-do it , ii done it with ACC+4 Regain+1 for mages Proccing, at the time i was a lot on black and needed to proc ***with staff since was cap ^^;

BIG mistake i know, will do TP Bonus instead of ACC+ and then either Regain+1 or something to help WS most likely

Phos hands / legs = laid back, next b Phos head.

BTW

Why soil ? (wwell would use shadow) but still why?

Isnt Reso STR+ multi hit ?

got shadow belt / gorget on me as well as light one.

Ty for helpful reply sire !
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-18 23:11:09
Link | Citer | R

soil should be the general default for drk due to it working for resolution, catastrophe and entropy. but if you dont have the other ws to worry about, thunder and wind are the other 2 options for resolution
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-06-19 01:22:55
Link | Citer | R

BTW

Resolution is one of the many merit weaponskills where any fTP bonuses transfer to all hits rather than the first one. So you're getting the +Acc from the Gorget/Belt, as well as the fTP bonus to each hit.

With the weaponskills where the fTP bonus transfers to all hits, the gorgets/belts end up being pretty much the best weaponskill pieces.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-19 11:18:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said: »
BTW

Resolution is one of the many merit weaponskills where any fTP bonuses transfer to all hits rather than the first one. So you're getting the +Acc from the Gorget/Belt, as well as the fTP bonus to each hit.

With the weaponskills where the fTP bonus transfers to all hits, the gorgets/belts end up being pretty much the best weaponskill pieces.
ahhh ok cool , does Shoha works the same cuz been using (Prosilo Belt ) + (Justicar Torque) for it been doing nice dmg tho like 3~5 k to IT+
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-19 17:05:45
Link | Citer | R

more of a question for sam section, general rule of thumb is ele gorget/belt combo for multihits when you need acc, after that it varies. I'm pretty sure some of the better shoha builds when not in need of acc involves windbuffet and/or ganesha's mala
[+]
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-07-02 11:18:27
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys! I'm back! somewhat...I was wondering what path I should take on the Mikinaak gauntlets.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-02 11:18:59
Link | Citer | R

STR - Head,body,hands,legs
DEX - feet
[+]
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-07-02 11:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Thank you!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-08-16 20:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
STR - Head,body,hands,legs
DEX - feet

Just came back after a break.. is this info still correct? haven't played DRK since 75 so I really have no clue what I'm doing! XD