Performance As DD In Delve.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Performance as DD in Delve.
Performance as DD in Delve.
 Bismarck.Apathy
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ApathyMNK
By Bismarck.Apathy 2013-07-05 20:05:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Delrosa said: »
Let me clarify for you then, 95% of DDs in your Delve shout will be average DDs for FFXI. Most low end DDs do not get do delve on their DD jobs if they do it at all. Sorry I didn't break it down into simple enough terms for you, anything else you wanna be a *** about?
I was actually only trying to have fun with what was, and still is, a harmless and obvious absent-minded choice of words. Way to go straight for the condescension and insults.
 Siren.Knivesz
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-05 20:34:25
Link | Citer | R

Well assuming 1% are of elite class that means only 4% are gimps/subpar. Clearly Leviathan is the place to go if you wanna play with competent people, as only 4% of dds are gimp there. In all seriousness though it all depends on your parameters of what you consider to be average which more times than not is not uniform among different sets of people anyway.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2013-07-10 18:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Is there a rule that 'Thf is a real DD' thread has to happen once every few months?

If you are an excellent thf that can 'keep up' with the big boys, you would be stronger if you put that effort into one of the 'big boy' jobs. Equivalently played and geared DDs favor everyone but thf. If you can still succeed as thf, good for you. Congrats on giving yourself a handicap.

If im making an alli and i dont KNOW you, I have to assume you arent the snowflake thf thats super awesome and thus you will get in the pld party.

Thf as a DD is as it always has been. If you are super awesome, you will get noticed/make friends/get the inside track and be invited on occasion. If you arent super awesome (or are aweshum but antisocial and dont make friends) then you will be tossed in the tank party because any rational person wont just randomly gamble on your thf being the best thing since sliced bread. They are struggling to get DDs that know how to gear swap in shout/pickups. Why the hell should they be obligated to give some no-name thf the benefit of the (LARGE) doubt? They wont. And they shouldnt.

Great thf can trash a trashy DD. ANY (insert job) can trash a trashy DD. Thats nothing special and never has been. You are rated on your reputation, and if you have none, your rated based on your job and thf is not a hot job for damage. So get a reputation where it matters (on your server) isntead of swinging dat epeen and pride on the forums like it matters.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-07-10 18:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Lol at you complaining that the same topic is created every month when you just answer a 1 month old topic...
You really dont like this topic so you MUST restart this endless discussion instead letting this die like all similar post...
Well my conclusion is: every month there is a thf that want to tell how good he is. And every month +1 day there is a DD that want to lower thfs stantard just to feel a better player.
As a thf, all i can say is: we mustnt deal big numbers. If we did, none would play others dd jobs. So we must be a little weak so other can have some space to shine.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-07-10 18:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Knivesz said: »
Well assuming 1% are of elite class that means only 4% are gimps/subpar. Clearly Leviathan is the place to go if you wanna play with competent people, as only 4% of dds are gimp there. In all seriousness though it all depends on your parameters of what you consider to be average which more times than not is not uniform among different sets of people anyway.
not
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2013-07-10 19:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Lol at you complaining that the same topic is created every month when you just answer a 1 month old topic...
Quote:
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-05
Quote:
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2013-07-10
5 days=month. Got it.

Its just the same old same old. Someone posts a #. Thf4lyfe says "see thf can be good DD". Hater posts: "No thf sucks and will always suck!
followed by delusional people on both sides completely misrepresenting both what thf can actually do and what its real limitations are. Playing thf for over a decade and having the same conversations is a little ridiculous.
By Solrain 2013-07-10 20:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Seriously. I'm waiting for someone to post a Greater Colibri party parse or something.
 Leviathan.Delrosa
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Delrosa
By Leviathan.Delrosa 2013-07-10 23:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Solrain said: »
Seriously. I'm waiting for someone to post a Greater Colibri party parse or something.

On thf I spent all my time pulling birds so here is my parse, I didn't do anything, it was so bad the parser just laughed at me and said level your throwing skill noob!

But back on topic, oh yeah I know being on topic here is scary. This isn't a thf4life vs thf sucks thread. So really enough whining about how thf sucks and you will never invite one and your dark is so much better. Quendi seriously wanted to discuss ways to be more useful on thf in delve. So rather than complain that you see this topic every month try paying attention to what the topic actually is for once.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-10 23:37:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Delrosa said: »
Solrain said: »
On thf I spent all my time pulling birds so here is my parse, I didn't do anything, it was so bad the parser just laughed at me and said level your throwing skill noob! But back on topic, oh yeah I know being on topic here is scary. This isn't a thf4life vs thf sucks thread. So really enough whining about how thf sucks and you will never invite one and your dark is so much better. Quendi seriously wanted to discuss ways to be more useful on thf in delve. So rather than complain that you see this topic every month try paying attention to what the topic actually is for once.

People discussed that very point. THF is useful in delve for increasing Airlixirs and pulling, any added damage is neglidgable. Ways to make THF more useful in delve... Sacrifice a DD slot so the THF can get rolls and songs, skip TH gear and focus on damage, etc. All of which generallly lower the overall yeild for the party. Some events just don't have space for some jobs.
 Siren.Knivesz
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-10 23:46:35
Link | Citer | R

It's offensive for the majority of the player base to hear anyone say or even insinuate trying to max out damage on any melee class other than Warrior and Dark Knight. Clearly no job can ever hope to come close to these two jobs under normal conditions so it isn't even worth the time and effort needed to maximize their potential. It's sorta like back in the abyssea days when people used to make threads asking whether so and so emp is worth getting for a non warrior job and people would just retort "Ukko's Fury bro, Ukon 4eva. Everything else is a waste of time bro."
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-10 23:56:26
Link | Citer | R

It's offensive for the majority of the player base to hear anyone say or even insinuate trying to max out damage on any melee class other than Warrior and Dark Knight. Clearly no job can ever hope to come close to these two jobs under normal conditions so it isn't even worth the time and effort needed to maximize their potential. It's sorta like back in the abyssea days when people used to make threads asking whether so and so emp is worth getting for a non warrior job and people would just retort "Ukko's Fury bro, Ukon 4eva. Everything else is a waste of time bro."

People tend to forget there was a time when DPS wasn't the only consideration.
 Leviathan.Dwb
By Leviathan.Dwb 2013-07-10 23:58:03
Link | Citer | R

lol
 Leviathan.Delrosa
user: Delrosa
By Leviathan.Delrosa 2013-07-11 00:42:02
Link | Citer | R

This is so true, people tend to think only their way is the right way. I especially love the drk lovers when they try and figure out why I seem to regularly out parse senbaak drks. It takes more than a shiny new sword to not suck.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2013-07-11 03:57:20
Link | Citer | R

The optimal position for a thf in delve runs, all factors equal, is as a TH/Puller with a stronger DD in the DD slot. PUGs HAVE to assume all factors equal when picking people unless they know something about you. Just because YOU can beat scrub DDs does not somehow give you some special entitlement to go DD to an anonymous PUG because they dont know you and the rational way to build a group is to put the thf in the 3rd party.

If you are getting stuck in the pull slot and you want to DD, it is on YOU to prove your value to the leader (through reputation or somehow selling them on the idea).

This expectation that thf 'should' be accepted as a DD in general PUG delve runs is, bluntly, silly. Ive been one of those thfs fighting for my right to DD for over a decade, but if I make a pug and have 1 DD spot left and see Anonymous Mnk/Drk/Sam/War and Anonymous Thf, what possible reason would i have to pick the weaker job?

And that is the point. If you do not know the PLAYER, then you are picking a JOB. And thf as a JOB is weaker than a conventional DD JOB. Once you realize that people do PUGs based on JOBs, its no longer offensive/hurtful when you get pushed into that TH *** slot, even when you know your better. No rational person with understanding of the math in this game will dispute that thf is a weaker JOB, so why would people get butthurt about not being desired by the general population?

Its not personal, its job roles. You can buck the trend through hard work to a degree, but unless that PUG leader KNOWS that you are the exception, you will be treated as the rule. I dont know why some people fight so hard against that simple notion.

Topic: (Thf) Performance as DD in Delve
The topic is ways to make thf better in delve:(which is really asking, i wanna DD in delve, but people wont let me. why cant I? What can I do about it)

A: You can act as a DD through being a superior player/gear to the 'regular' DDs you are around.
-OK ive done that, but i still cant get in!?
A: Make a name for yourself as a cut above so that they will accept you. Without a name, your just a job, and thf as a job is not an optimal choice for a DD spot.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-07-11 07:35:33
Link | Citer | R

I guess the only way to gauge if your tTHF is top tier would be to gauge it against other top teir THFs? DPS wise and all that good stuff?
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2013-07-15 06:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
And before more whining about not being on topic,

Topic: (Thf) Performance as DD in Delve
The topic is ways to make thf better in delve:(which is really asking, i wanna DD in delve, but people wont let me. why cant I? What can I do about it)

A: You can act as a DD through being a superior player/gear to the 'regular' DDs you are around.
-OK ive done that, but i still cant get in!?
A: Make a name for yourself as a cut above so that they will accept you. Without a name, your just a job, and thf as a job is not an optimal choice for a DD spot.

The very first reply was off topic and it just got worse. This was supposed to be a discussion by people that have gotten to/try to play a more DD role in Delve. Maybe I expected too much.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-15 07:00:53
Link | Citer | R

From beeing a healer in a Delve run yesterday when doing Delve for the first time, I'd just like to chime in and say:
Any jobs with a low HP pool need to stay away.
MNK onry. >_> Please.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-15 13:01:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
From beeing a healer in a Delve run yesterday when doing Delve for the first time, I'd just like to chime in and say: Any jobs with a low HP pool need to stay away. MNK onry. >_> Please.

Or they need to utilize proper positioning and turtle up when they are taking hits. When I quit, most DD's were racing in with zerk/last resort/souleater and eatting hits over and over then complaining when they died instead of throwing a weapon bash/stun/sleep/third eye or using a DT set. Larger HP pools only matter if either the mage/DD is incompetent or you're doing NM's.
[+]