Recycle Vs. Snapshot Vs. Rapid Shot - Which 1st?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Recycle vs. Snapshot vs. Rapid Shot - Which 1st?
Recycle vs. Snapshot vs. Rapid Shot - Which 1st?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-06 10:38:50
Link | Citer | R

Was just curious if you could have a macro set that both allowed you the Snapshot Proc and the Recycle Proc.

I currently macro my ranged attacks to start with snapshot, then gear swap to ranged attack gear.

Is it possible to equip Navarch +2 legs (for snapshot), and gear swap to Entois Trousers and get both traits in one shot?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-06 11:07:05
Link | Citer | R

you start with snapshot, and end with your damage, store tp, and recycle gear. if you wanted to add in rapid shot, it would go in with the snapshot gear. however most ppl dont do this, since if rapid shot procs, you will shoot before you switch over to the full tp gear, and you will lose your store tp and recycle bonuses
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-05-06 11:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Was just curious if you could have a macro set that both allowed you the Snapshot Proc and the Recycle Proc.

I currently macro my ranged attacks to start with snapshot, then gear swap to ranged attack gear.

Is it possible to equip Navarch +2 legs (for snapshot), and gear swap to Entois Trousers and get both traits in one shot?

I don't think so.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-05-06 11:08:19
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
you start with snapshot, and end with your damage, store tp, and recycle gear. if you wanted to add in rapid shot, it would go in with the snapshot gear. however most ppl dont do this, since if rapid shot procs, you will shoot before you switch over to the full tp gear, and you will lose your store tp and recycle bonuses

And no you won't if you don't lag, at least not with a gun.
 Sylph.Knala
Serveur: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-05-06 11:29:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Perhaps if you are using spellcast but op sounds like s/he is doing the process manually via macros.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-06 14:06:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Knala said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Perhaps if you are using spellcast but op sounds like s/he is doing the process manually via macros.

Kinda, Using macros with windower, so starts with
snapshot.txt
wait 1
rangedatt.txt

Atleast it looks something like that Just not sure, as a Corsair, if it's worthwhile to bother with or not. Got a pair of Entois Trousers, and trying to decide if I should toss or not, also what I'd hafta give up trait wise to use them.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-06 14:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Rapid shot is unreliable to gear for. Preshot in snapshot and land in stp/racc/ratk whatever for better consistency.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-06 14:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Rapid shot is unreliable to gear for. Preshot in snapshot and land in stp/racc/ratk whatever for better consistency.

Thanks, though not quite the question, maybe I should express it better.

Which happens first when initiating a ranged attack -

Snapshot, Rapid Shot, or Recycle

Or, do they all happen (or not happen) in the activation of ranged attack, and therefore can't start with Snapshot, and end with Recycling proccing from two different pieces of gear.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-06 14:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Rapid shot procs during aim, however the amount of delay it cuts is random, so it may or may not make you fire in snapshot depending how much it decides to give you.

Recycle I think procs during shot phase.
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-06 14:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Snapshot and rapid shot both proc at the start of a shot. Recycle procs as the shot fires.