Your FFXI Stories.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Your FFXI Stories.
Your FFXI Stories.
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Uesugii 2013-11-18 13:26:28
Link | Citer | R

I remember one April fools day, i was randomly inviting people to party in Port Jeuno and if they accepted I'd D2 them and lmao as they tried to run outta cast range only to get D2 anyways :)
And also taking new players to Palborough Mines and getting them to the top floor and telling them see the mob on the other side of the gate, try to agroo it and lol when the quadav finally showed up with a train of 15-20 friends and kill the new players. They would be like oh ***what just happened???
[+]
By angrykitty 2013-11-18 14:24:48
Link | Citer | R

I remember back in the day when people used to give me crap for playing dragoon because the 2 hour was "call wyvern", and yeah, it sucked. I still loved playing the job though... or when you had to find a group of 6 people and/or stand in jeuno and wait 2-3 hours for a party invite. Party leaders (depending if they were jerks) would check your gear and kick you if you weren't up to snuff. I'm sure a lot of people remember that, and in a way that still hasn't changed in a lot of parts of this game. The game has improved in a lot of areas since those days, and it has lost of what it used to have. You will no longer see a party pull anymore for experience points, and if you are, the exp ratio sucks. Its rare to see the same player spend more than 8 hours in the newb zones outside of the major cities. You never used to see leech parties (FC parties) because it was impossible to have one. Bottom line: this game has changed a lot. But it still very much the same game in everyone's love/hate relationship with it.
[+]
 Odin.Darkhelmet
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2013-11-18 23:20:54
Link | Citer | R

I have a few stories from back in the day, but the one that stays most is one of the most recent ones.

My linkshell had just started doing ADL, and naturally, there were some growing pains. But we were finally going to get our first win, it split into 2, we killed the first one, it was a clone. So we switch to the second one. We get it down to 1%, ONE FREAKING PERCENT, it splits into 6 again and 3 of them Oblivion Smash upon spawn wiping ALMOST EVERYONE. I laid dead as I watched them stomp over to the mages for more Oblivion Smashing. All hope seemed lost, but I watched my Reraise option pop up, hoping that I could get us the win (I was on DRG at the time). They all had their backs to me, as they hadn't started retreating from their mage massacre. I reraise up, pick a random one, and start spamming my Soul Jump macro.

It dies. Drops fill our treasure pool as the other ones despawn. My cousin (who was on Skype with me and leading the run) is screaming into my ear about how awesome that just was.

It's times like that that make me think about how much fun I've had playing this game.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [486 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-19 15:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Just wanted to revive one of my fave threads. I sit here, and I ain't even had my nostalgia tea yet. I am still sat here ... after reading the news of the final scenario being released ... wondering how Quilly will take the news, as he loves playing this game on Xbox. I am playing the RotZ OST, getting all kinds of nostalgia feels. It's like .. an end of an era.

It makes me sad, all good things must come to an end. I know FFXI is not ending completely, but SE appear resigned to the fact that the lore and storylines of FFXI need to end. Effectively, we have reached the end of the game after playing for over a decade. We should be proud of that, for sticking around and populating the servers that we call home.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-19 15:24:19
Link | Citer | R

One day I logged in, killed a bunch of monsters, bitched about life, then logged out.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-19 15:25:41
Link | Citer | R

Me and Shamanking were out trying to learn Frentic rip and been there literately all day. He D/C ends up learning it... took me another week to do it lol..... i was pissed! but its funny now lol

Your Drk image makes me think of early Pup man it was a *** lvling that back 75 days
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-19 15:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
Me and Shamanking were out trying to learn Frentic rip and been there literately all day. He D/C ends up learning it... took me another week to do it lol..... i was pissed! but its funny now lol

Your Drk image makes me think of early Pup man it was a *** lvling that back 75 days

Took me over a year to level DRK to 75 back in the day. I would gladly do it all over again .. with how the game used to be. It wasn't about the result, it was about the journey.

And thanks for sharing your story. FFXI does have that "this f'n game" feel to it sometimes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 15:30:01
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Took me over a year to level DRK to 75 back in the day. I would gladly do it all over again .. with how the game used to be. It wasn't about the result, it was about the journey.

And thanks for sharing your story. FFXI does have that "this f%3$in game" feel to it sometimes.

For those wanting a Private 75 cap Server, PM me for details.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-19 15:30:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

And thanks for sharing your story. FFXI does have that "this f%3$in game" feel to it sometimes.

Love ya Conagh, but private servers .. ugh. It wasn't just the level 75 environment that made it fun. You can't replicate the community FFXI had back then on a private server.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 15:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Love ya Conagh, but private servers .. ugh. It wasn't just the level 75 environment that made it fun. You can't replicate the community FFXI had back then on a private server.

They have 890 players (MAYBE)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-19 15:35:23
Link | Citer | R

They have 890 players (MAYBE)

It won't be the same. Unless you can bring my old friends Cenore, Mounja, Seiya, Ocap, Deadfly and so many others back with their memories wiped and mine ... those times will never be replicated.
By Artemicion 2015-03-19 15:35:27
Link | Citer | R

It's not something that can be articulated well, but I'll never forget the feeling of triumph and even a bit of sadness concluding the CoP storyline before it got the nerf bat and became completely soloable. It tasted all the more sweet because it was so damned difficult and time consuming getting people to come together and get stuff done. I was one of the lucky few that got into an LS exclusive static party, so when all was said and done, I felt a connection between them unlike any other I've played with.

Gaming-wise, it was the most taxing and yet most rewarding months of my life. Walking into that tavern, getting that Rajas ring, and then walking up to Blueblade Fell, and being whisked away to this satisfying conclusion, and tear jerking song.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-19 15:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis!

Never forgot Dynamis, ever. I'm talking about 75 days.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-03-19 15:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Lv'ing MNK to 75 was one of the most fun things I did in the game.

All DNC was also fun (2nd job to 75) All subsequent jobs just felt like "this is a grind let me get this over with"

Really was a once in a life time experience and it's not like any game disc you can put in and experience it for the first time. If you didn't experience old FFXI back in the day, then you'll never get that chance.

Truly were great days and if I could go back and do it all over again, I would (and make a lot of money off the 2005 xmas inflation as well)
By fonewear 2015-03-19 15:40:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
One day I logged in, killed a bunch of monsters, bitched about life, then logged out.

Sounds like a typical day of work for me !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-19 15:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Dynamis!

The Windurst pull of death comes to mind !
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-03-19 15:41:49
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis!

[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-19 15:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
It's not something that can be articulated well, but I'll never forget the feeling of triumph and even a bit of sadness concluding the CoP storyline before it got the nerf bat and became completely soloable. It tasted all the more sweet because it was so damned difficult and time consuming getting people to come together and get stuff done. I was one of the lucky few that got into an LS exclusive static party, so when all was said and done, I felt a connection between them unlike any other I've played with.

Gaming-wise, it was the most taxing and yet most rewarding months of my life. Walking into that tavern, getting that Rajas ring, and then walking up to Blueblade Fell, and being whisked away to this satisfying conclusion, and tear jerking song.

You know ... I cleared CoP many years ago, but I always had my sound off. I always meant to watch the final cutscene again, but thanks to you, I got to see it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-19 15:42:36
Link | Citer | R

I remember by first lvl 75, PLD.

Doing sky for the first time was awesome too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-19 15:42:48
Link | Citer | R

On the 75 server, its pre any Nerf.

Use of any cheats (Windower not included) is Heavily policed, you clipper, expect a ban in 3 minutes!
By fonewear 2015-03-19 15:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Aw that takes me back ! One relic only puts 8 relics in comment dot !

The amount of ninja lots in early dynamis was epic !
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-03-19 15:44:03
Link | Citer | R

The day I learned of course and off course isnt the same thing.
Also when we did proto-ultima and the whole alliance wiped and my last woman standing rdm/whm nuked it to oblivion \o/
Not so fun story...when that damned rdm pimphat finally dropped...leader "its vi's turn to lot" ~the ninja strikes again~ lotted by a fellow ls member from beneath my bloody nose.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-19 15:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis!

Dynamis .. back in the old days. Tough as hell, but it brought the linkshell Misart and I ran together as one unit. Never had a linkshell like that since Dynamis was revamped (trashed).

It was the best endgame linkshell I was ever part of, and I want to thank anybody who was in that linkshell and reading this, for making the game much more enjoyable. I will always miss being the THF puller who got you all killed. I also miss learning all the pulls (and teaching those pulls to other THF), and the joy our members would get when they got something they worked hard for.

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
The day I learned of course and off course isnt the same thing.
Also when we did proto-ultima and the whole alliance wiped and my last woman standing rdm/whm nuked it to oblivion \o/
Not so fun story...when that damned rdm pimphat finally dropped...leader "its vi's turn to lot" ~the ninja strikes again~ lotted by a fellow ls member from beneath my bloody nose.

Sad to hear that happened. Some people really have spoiled this game for others because of greed and impatience.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-19 15:44:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Dynamis!

Dynamis trash talk, lol.

I remember "KITE THE *** STATUES!" over and over again.

"I AM!"

"NOT YOU!"
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-19 15:44:49
Link | Citer | R

It took me almost 10 years to get that damn thf relic hands. Cause everyone wanted that !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-19 15:45:36
Link | Citer | R

I think Dynamis is what sucked me in back in 2007.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-19 15:46:21
Link | Citer | R

Took me forever to get a black belt on monk too. I think I got it finally in 2013.

Most of my stories are from the HNM days of camping Fafnir etc.

The drama of HNM was epic.
 leo
By leo 2015-03-19 15:48:09
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »

Old friend says hi:

That fella almost made me lose three friends in FFXI. They almost quit for that darn fight... lol

I only remember retrying it twice.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-19 15:49:00
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Dynamis!

The Windurst pull of death comes to mind !
Gather Together @ The Death House!

Hug the wall!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-19 15:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Yea when they changed dynamis it didn't have the same drama of having a ***ton of people all fighting over relic and being stupid !
[+]