Wildfire AGI Vs. Magic Attk Bonus - Ratio?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Wildfire AGI vs. Magic Attk Bonus - Ratio?
Wildfire AGI vs. Magic Attk Bonus - Ratio?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-11 13:34:46
Link | Citer | R

Just curious, at what point do you stack one over the other. Is there like some simplified Ratio, aside from the formula in the Cor Guide... like.... Every 1 AGI to 1 Magic Attk Bonus?

Don't mean to over simplify, but as I'm getting closer to getting my gun, I'm just wondering with a guy with less than the best gear, how to decide whether an Earring with 4 AGI is better than a earring with 4 Magic Attack Bonus, etc.

I know Agi also determines resistance, so maybe it helps knowing I'm 8 Merits into AGI (And play to put the rest in STR/DEX for other jobs)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-11 13:45:15
Link | Citer | R

2.5:1
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-04-11 13:47:38
Link | Citer | R

While both are equally important, you will have an easier time obtaining AGI gear than MAB gear on COR. It also depends on your current AGI. If your AGI is low (under 150ish is what i generally went by) then you'll notice overall better DMG by increasing your AGI over MAB. But when your AGI is on the higher end (over 150) you'll start seeing more damage from MAB. 150 isn't an actually calculated "goal AGI" or anything, just seemed like a nice round number to target. As you noted though, AGI also enhances your resist rate which can make huge differences in damage.

tldr version:

AGI 100-150 use 1 AGI vs. 1 MAB
AGI 150-175 use 2 AGI vs. 1 MAB
AGI 175+ use 3 AGI vs. 1 MAB

Again, these are not mathematically calculated or anything. Just what I myself have used for my own playstyle as a career COR.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-04-11 14:29:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm using this, and setting aside the occasional resist or a mob with a magic defense bonus it does quite well for me.

ItemSet 270435

118 AGI and 35 MAB... There's "better" Wildfire builds out there, I'm sure, but this one works well enough... You can get two more MAB from orichalcum bullets if you really wanted to, but I can't justify the enormous cost difference for such a miniscule MAB boost.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-11 14:33:33
Link | Citer | R

they are factors so the more you have of one, the more powerfull upgrading the other will become so there will never be an exact ratio value
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-11 14:33:42
Link | Citer | R

they are factors so the more you have of one, the more powerful upgrading the other will become so there will never be an exact ratio value