Forum » FFXI » General » Hacked accounts
Hacked accounts
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-06-27 03:05:04
Link | Citer | R

So..... a few hrs ago two people I know from my linkshell and in game got hacked on bahamut. Anyone else suffer from this?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-27 03:11:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, did any of these people have security tokens active and in use?
 Bahamut.Delsol
user: Delsol
By Bahamut.Delsol 2009-06-27 03:18:34
Link | Citer | R

i really wish i wasnt at work right now, now all im gonna think about is getting home and logging on to make sure im not one of the unlucky ppl, 5 hrs to go
 Phoenix.Boyaci
Serveur: Phoenix
user:
By Phoenix.Boyaci 2009-06-27 03:31:13
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, are the hacked players PC users or console? Seems everytime I hear about someone getting hacked it's PC and wonder if this is isolated to those users.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-06-27 03:40:12
Link | Citer | R

See I do not even know I assumed pc. bahamut is closed and it happened at the same time or around the same time felt like the same person.

It made me think of that warning SE gave about someone posting a fake pol log in screen to users of the game.

I will check if anyone else was hacked.
 Sylph.Megumii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-06-27 03:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Just to be specific, were they hacked, or were they "hacked" i.e. gave their account information to a friend who used it against them?

Also if they were hacked, did they recently install/download anything that they have in common?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-06-27 03:42:10
Link | Citer | R

hacked as in someone logged into their account... then they fought with them and they changed password on them.

that guy has 2 accounts as soon as they hacked that one the other was hacked. then i helped him out by calling a gm on hs third safe account which he changed the password to.

it was too much of a coincidence... because another person was hacked and posted it on my ls's forums.
 Sylph.Megumii
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-06-27 03:49:22
Link | Citer | R

were they using a security token? Did they download any updates for other programs?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-06-27 14:54:35
Link | Citer | R

I do not know i'll ask
 Bismarck.Angellus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Angellus
By Bismarck.Angellus 2009-06-27 15:02:14
Link | Citer | R

your friend better call SE and have them lock the accounts.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-06-27 15:06:55
Link | Citer | R

he did i helped him
 Asura.Dajociont
Serveur: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-27 15:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like someone has a key logger. mmmm.
 Asura.Scribblesz
By Asura.Scribblesz 2009-06-27 16:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Well it is pretty easy to write key logger code into the code of a third party program. If they are using such programs this is the only way I can see someone getting thier account hacked/phished. The only other way would be maybe some kind of brute force program(neary impossible). I had a friend a couple years ago who was using an AUTO PL bot and lost his account cause the program had a keylogger embedded that he didnt find till he ran norton on it.
 Shiva.Dwyte
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-06-27 16:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Stanflame said:
hacked as in someone logged into their account... then they fought with them and they changed password on them.

this happend to my friend also, only thing diff was the person took all his gil / expensive gear / isp (prob turned into coins), i called GM for im n they said basicly, dont give out ur pw dumbass lol..which is why only me n my rl best friends have my pw, cant trust anyone in this game really
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-27 17:02:52
Link | Citer | R

Dwyte said:
Stanflame said:

this happend to my friend also, only thing diff was the person took all his gil / expensive gear / isp (prob turned into coins), i called GM for im n they said basicly, dont give out ur pw dumbass lol..which is why only me n my rl best friends have my pw, cant trust anyone in this game really

Indeed, I was 'hacked' and then I gave the info to my friend again and I mystically got 'hacked' again. Friends aren't friends till ya meet irl. Learned the hard way.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-27 17:06:09
Link | Citer | R

Dajociont said:
Indeed, I was 'hacked' and then I gave the info to my friend again and I mystically got 'hacked' again. Friends aren't friends till ya meet irl. Learned the hard way.

Yeah...if you can't physically go over their house and remedy the situation with your fists, it ain't worth it...
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-27 17:07:33
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dajociont said:

Yeah...if you can't physically go over their house and remedy the situation with your fists, it ain't worth it...

Exactly, only person with my info now lives 45 minutes away from me. If I log on without my gil/currency, I can get it back.
 Shiva.Dwyte
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-06-27 17:10:25
Link | Citer | R

Dajociont said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dajociont said:

Exactly, only person with my info now lives 45 minutes away from me. If I log on without my gil/currency, I can get it back.

agreed x2 lol, one lives 30 min away, n other lives 7hrs away..cuz he's gay and moved from vegas to utah ; ; but i trust em both, we knew eachother a while b4 we started playing ff
 Garuda.Littledarc
Serveur: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-06-27 17:13:44
Link | Citer | R

so this isn't a RMT hacked me this is a my friend stole my account. got it.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-27 17:15:44
Link | Citer | R

Dajociont said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dajociont said:

Yeah, 2 people know my password...one of which I've known for 5 years, the other for 10+, I trust them implicitly ^^
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-27 17:22:24
Link | Citer | R

That one that took my ***twice I knew for 5 years..lol don't trust em till ya know em irl is all I say aboot it.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-27 17:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Dajociont said:
That one that took my ***twice I knew for 5 years..lol don't trust em till ya know em irl is all I say aboot it.

LOL yeah, totally, knew both of my guys before we even played FFXI...plus they fit into the "live close" criteria as well ^^
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-06-27 17:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Littledarc said:
so this isn't a RMT hacked me this is a my friend stole my account. got it.

no *** retard it is a rmt hack seeing as how two people got hacked withing that time. do not *** put words in my mouth.

Quote:
See I do not even know I assumed pc. bahamut is closed and it happened at the same time or around the same time felt like the same person.

It made me think of that warning SE gave about someone posting a fake pol log in screen to users of the game.

I will check if anyone else was hacked.

Someone i know was screaming in linkhell chat that he needs help because he just got hacked. He was on his gf's account (who is a sack in my chat ls). So I decided to help since my cousin is inside his endgame shell . Thats when i placed the gm call he contacted me on another account "he owns saying that his gf char got hacked also". He then logged so he can change the password to the account he contacted me on.. then logged in when i was chatting to the gm to help him. But seeing as how he contacted a gm also it was handed over to him anyway. I had one of the sacks in my ls even though I am one kick his gf char.

about 2 hrs later "someone" else reports on my ls forum that they got hacked and got someone in game to help him and handle it as fast as they could they froze the account etc.

This is what i meant by the warning SE made to subscribers in POL viewer. If this was the cause.. since you never know.

Littledarc

are you that slow that I had to explain everything out while everyone else got what I said..?

were you on the shortbus in school?

Does this seem like people sharing information with friends or what ever? when other people here have said people they know were hacked. and as i said bahamut is locked down only way to get that gear gil isp is a server transfer.
 Sylph.Atriant
user: Atriant
By Sylph.Atriant 2009-06-27 18:32:06
Link | Citer | R

I personally wouldn't even give my RL friends my account info. How do i know they dont have a keylogger on their pc? o.o