Lua Addon Ideas
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 27 28 29
 Midgardsormr.Sephius
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: seph32
By Midgardsormr.Sephius 2018-05-07 08:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Any chance for an addon that shows party frames a lil nicer?
By steelernation 2018-05-07 09:11:09
Link | Citer | R

I would like something like an on screen widescan. If there is already an addon that does that then I apologize for not being aware of it.
 Odin.Ewellina
Serveur: Odin
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-05-07 09:18:30
Link | Citer | R

steelernation said: »
I would like something like an on screen widescan. If there is already an addon that does that then I apologize for not being aware of it.

look for mappy. its not an addon, its a 3rd party app, but it has all the functionality of tracking mobs on a onscreen map.

https://github.com/z16/mappy
 Asura.Patriclis
Serveur: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-05-07 10:18:30
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Ewellina said: »
steelernation said: »

look for mappy. its not an addon, its a 3rd party app, but it has all the functionality of tracking mobs on a onscreen map.

https://github.com/z16/mappy

You can also use the 'FFXIDB' plugin, available from the windower plugin list. It gives you a minimap that shows red dots on it for mobs, green dots for npcs etc.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-05-07 11:40:47
Link | Citer | R

FFXIDB has doesnt do anything that widescan does though. no mob tracking by name / id or anything.
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2018-05-14 18:52:01
Link | Citer | R

Is there an addon or addon that sorts the invertory with a // command?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-05-15 13:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Is there an addon to store / retrieve AF from porter before I finish writing this?
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-05-15 13:41:35
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know what values for Umbra/Radiance would be, I see this in the lua

Code
skillchains = T{[288]="Light",[289]="Darkness",[290]="Gravitation",[291]="Fragmentation",[292]="Distortion",[293]="Fusion",[294]="Compression",[295]="Liquefaction",[296]="Induration",[297]="Reverberation",[298]="Transfixion",[299]="Scission",[300]="Detonation",[301]="Impaction",[302]="Cosmic Elucidation"}
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-05-15 13:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

Code
skillchains = T{[288]="Light",[289]="Darkness",[290]="Gravitation",[291]="Fragmentation",[292]="Distortion",[293]="Fusion",[294]="Compression",[295]="Liquefaction",[296]="Induration",[297]="Reverberation",[298]="Transfixion",[299]="Scission",[300]="Detonation",[301]="Impaction",[302]="Cosmic Elucidation"}

Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-05-15 13:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »

Code

TY!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-19 06:58:27
Link | Citer | R

I think a useful addon for pet jobs would be an indicator of what status effects are present on the pet.

both buffs and debuffs.

the same icons for players, maybe displayed with pet name, or in a box somewhere on screen.

for example:

did doom really land on my pet or not?

which buffs have been absorbed by my puppetmaster?

seeing which debuffs are there helps determine if I want to use roborant for reward or pet food

similarly maintenance or repair on automaton.

or on bst or smn if I missed a pet buff ready move or bloodpact ward expire or not.
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-05-20 05:32:59
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I think a useful addon for pet jobs would be an indicator of what status effects are present on the pet.

both buffs and debuffs.

the same icons for players, maybe displayed with pet name, or in a box somewhere on screen.

for example:

did doom really land on my pet or not?

which buffs have been absorbed by my puppetmaster?

seeing which debuffs are there helps determine if I want to use roborant for reward or pet food

similarly maintenance or repair on automaton.

or on bst or smn if I missed a pet buff ready move or bloodpact ward expire or not.

i think the reality is, there is no buff table for your pet, therefor you would have to manually track everything that happens to your pet. This means documenting every monster attack / spell in the game that can debuff your pet (not all attacks / spells are as strait forward as x casts dia on y). As wonderful as it would be, as far as I'm aware there isn't a packet with this data either. I think this would be incredibly difficult and very inaccurate.
edit: but i could be wrong too.
[+]
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2018-05-26 11:00:33
Link | Citer | R

An addon that takes a single command and uses whatever -na spell is required on the target - saving a ***load of macro space.

e.g. It checks target and sees they have paralyze, so it uses paralyna, etc.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-26 14:08:54
Link | Citer | R

So.. A couple lsmates and I are working on making an addon which simplifies/unifies BLM nukes to single commands.

The basics:
1) Set element mode by direct command or cycling thru elements.
2) Addon command like.. "//nuke3" casts a T3 nuke of the current element. Will also have aoe versions like "//nukega2" which does the same for aoe nukes.

The other guys working on this are professional programmers, but aren't too familiar with the LUA language, so we have that much running, but we've run into a snag. We'd like to include the functionality from a GS include that I made which handles spell degradation, (bumps your cast down a tier if the one you call for is on cooldown or you don't have enough MP to cast it,) but none of us are familiar enough w/ the language to easily convert GS code > addon code. Are there any good resources/documentation on how to do so? How much of GS syntax is tied directly to GS and is going to be difficult to replicate as a stand-alone addon?

I know that we could just include the include file with instructions on how to use it, but this has become a learning experience for us and want to know how to do what we want to do. ^^
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-05-26 14:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
So.. A couple lsmates and I are working on making an addon which simplifies/unifies BLM nukes to single commands.

The basics:
2) Addon command like.. "//nuke3" casts a T3 nuke of the current element. Will also have aoe versions like "//nukega2" which does the same for aoe nukes.

The other guys working on this are professional programmers, but aren't too familiar with the LUA language, so we have that much running, but we've run into a snag. We'd like to include the functionality from a GS include that I made which handles spell degradation, (bumps your cast down a tier if the one you call for is on cooldown or you don't have enough MP to cast it,) but none of us are familiar enough w/ the language to easily convert GS code > addon code. Are there any good resources/documentation on how to do so? How much of GS syntax is tied directly to GS and is going to be difficult to replicate as a stand-alone addon?

I know that we could just include the include file with instructions on how to use it, but this has become a learning experience for us and want to know how to do what we want to do. ^^
I built a similar addon for myself. I have a G keyboard where some of the keys are bound to do "//blm blizzard" and I bind keys 1-6 for blizzard 1-6, and 7, 8, 9 and 0 for agas/aja.

At the very least, you should be able to get the cooldown of spells via packets. Although I'd hope to get access to it via other means provided by Windower. I would keep it separate from GS.

It's pretty simple. I'm not at home right now, but hit me up if you want the code.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2018-05-26 14:37:28
Link | Citer | R

The basics:

My Dnc.lua has something like that for curing waltz, auto-casts what level of cure to do for the amount needed. and if i don't have enough tp it downgrades it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Utility functions for changing spells and target types in an automatic manner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

local waltz_tp_cost = {['Curing Waltz'] = 200, ['Curing Waltz II'] = 350, ['Curing Waltz III'] = 500, ['Curing Waltz IV'] = 650, ['Curing Waltz V'] = 800}

-- Utility function for automatically adjusting the waltz spell being used to match HP needs and TP limits.
-- Handle spell changes before attempting any precast stuff.
function refine_waltz(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.type ~= 'Waltz' then
return
end

-- Don't modify anything for Healing Waltz or Divine Waltzes
if spell.english == "Healing Waltz" or spell.english == "Divine Waltz" or spell.english == "Divine Waltz II" then
return
end

local newWaltz = spell.english
local waltzID

local missingHP

-- If curing ourself, get our exact missing HP
if spell.target.type == "SELF" then
missingHP = player.max_hp - player.hp
-- If curing someone in our alliance, we can estimate their missing HP
elseif spell.target.isallymember then
local target = find_player_in_alliance(spell.target.name)
local est_max_hp = target.hp / (target.hpp/100)
missingHP = math.floor(est_max_hp - target.hp)
end

-- If we have an estimated missing HP value, we can adjust the preferred tier used.
if missingHP ~= nil then
if player.main_job == 'DNC' then
if missingHP < 40 and spell.target.name == player.name then
-- Not worth curing yourself for so little.
-- Don't block when curing others to allow for waking them up.
add_to_chat(122,'Full HP!')
eventArgs.cancel = true
return
elseif missingHP < 200 then
newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz'
waltzID = 190
elseif missingHP < 600 then
newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz II'
waltzID = 191
elseif missingHP < 1100 then
newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz III'
waltzID = 192
elseif missingHP < 1500 then
newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz IV'
waltzID = 193
else
newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz V'
waltzID = 311
end
elseif player.sub_job == 'DNC' then
if missingHP < 40 and spell.target.name == player.name then
-- Not worth curing yourself for so little.
-- Don't block when curing others to allow for waking them up.
add_to_chat(122,'Full HP!')
eventArgs.cancel = true
return
elseif missingHP < 150 then
waltzID = 190
elseif missingHP < 300 then
waltzID = 191
else
waltzID = 192
end
else
-- Not dnc main or sub; bail out
return
end
end

local tpCost = waltz_tp_cost[newWaltz]

local downgrade

-- Downgrade the spell to what we can afford
if player.tp < tpCost and not buffactive.trance then
--[[ Costs:
Curing Waltz: 200 TP
Curing Waltz II: 350 TP
Curing Waltz III: 500 TP
Curing Waltz IV: 650 TP
Curing Waltz V: 800 TP
Divine Waltz: 400 TP
Divine Waltz II: 800 TP
--]]

if player.tp < 200 then
add_to_chat(122, 'Insufficient TP ['..tostring(player.tp)..']. Cancelling.')
eventArgs.cancel = true
return
elseif player.tp < 350 then
elseif player.tp < 500 then
elseif player.tp < 650 then
elseif player.tp < 800 then
newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz IV'
end

downgrade = 'Insufficient TP ['..tostring(player.tp)..']. Downgrading to '..newWaltz..'.'
end

if newWaltz ~= spell.english then
send_command('@input /ja "'..newWaltz..'" '..tostring(spell.target.raw))
if downgrade then
add_to_chat(122, downgrade)
end
eventArgs.cancel = true
return
end

if missingHP and missingHP > 0 then
add_to_chat(122,'Trying to cure '..tostring(missingHP)..' HP using '..newWaltz..'.')
end
end
By Nyarlko 2018-05-26 15:54:13
Link | Citer | R

To clarify, I have the spell degrade function for GS working as an include file. I am hoping to untie it from GS, and integrate it into a stand-alone addon. So, anything that is purely GS related isn't going to help much. >_<
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-26 17:54:38
Link | Citer | R

The basics:

I have code for that in my lua sidecars for my mage jobs. It be default nukes according to day, but there’s a forceelement var that will override.

Hit me up if you’d like to see it
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2018-05-27 05:53:51
Link | Citer | R

Would like to see some of the existing addons fixed.

Such as the Treasure Box addon that currently glitches and incorrectly guessing combinations every time.

Pointwatch also glitches and reports incorrect limit points and merit points. When opening the menu to view limit and merits, Pointwatch will update and display the correct totals, until you gain more and then it's wrong again.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-05-27 09:28:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kazaki said: »
An addon that takes a single command and uses whatever -na spell is required on the target - saving a ***load of macro space.

Guessing it would need to prioritise to remove certain debuffs based on the job they are. For example, a mage's order would be:

1. Silena
2. Stona
3. Paralyna
4. ...etc

And it would be different from other jobs. I'm gonna look and see if the debuff list of your target is easily available.
 Bismarck.Dunigs
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-05-27 10:24:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »

Guessing it would need to prioritise to remove certain debuffs based on the job they are. For example, a mage's order would be:

1. Silena
2. Stona
3. Paralyna
4. ...etc

And it would be different from other jobs. I'm gonna look and see if the debuff list of your target is easily available.

Afaik you can only directly access main party members via incoming 0x076 packets, which is sent every time buffs change for any member. If you multi-box it shouldn't be difficult to write something to track between boxes even if those characters aren't in the same party. Furthering that, you could exchange buff tables between them if you park each of your characters in separate parties, giving more alliance coverage (so if your WHM mule is in party 1 and you're playing WAR in party 2, WHM could still have full knowledge of both party 1 and party 2)
 Asura.Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2018-05-27 10:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
Bismarck.Xurion said: »

1. Silena
2. Stona
3. Paralyna
4. ...etc

Afaik you can only directly access main party members via incoming 0x076 packets, which is sent every time buffs change for any member. If you multi-box it shouldn't be difficult to write something to track between boxes even if those characters aren't in the same party. Furthering that, you could exchange buff tables between them if you park each of your characters in separate parties, giving more alliance coverage (so if your WHM mule is in party 1 and you're playing WAR in party 2, WHM could still have full knowledge of both party 1 and party 2)

the addon STNA already does it between multi-boxes, but I was hoping for something for just the single character player
 Asura.Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2018-05-27 10:52:11
Link | Citer | R

The basics:

I believe this already exists as a BLM lua... I used to have it before I last stopped playing, so I don't know who made it now, but it's out there somewhere!
 Bismarck.Dunigs
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-05-27 11:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
the addon STNA already does it between multi-boxes, but I was hoping for something for just the single character player

It would still be fine for single character, just pretty sure you're limited to only the 5 members in your party - no one in other alliance parties, no random passerby. Could be wrong though, I'm not subbed so can't double check, but I'm pretty sure the packet only sends information about your main party. The multi-box comment was addressing this issue in that if you controlled a character in each party it would be possible for a single character to have full knowledge of an entire alliance.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-05-27 11:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
I'm pretty sure the packet only sends information about your main party.
Yep, I can confirm this is the case.
 Asura.Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2018-05-27 13:50:46
Link | Citer | R

That makes a lot of sense. So making an addon that it just works on your party is possible? even that would be useful
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-05-27 14:34:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm messing with it now. Also interestingly, 0x076 packets contain debuffs. It's the UI that filters them out.
 Asura.Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2018-06-10 06:52:13
Link | Citer | R

Maybe this is already an addon somewhere or maybe it's impossible... I was thinking that the menus are really short compared to the resolutions that some players now play at. E.g. the homepoint menu only shows 3 home points at once, and there's so much space on the screen that it could show more. All menus are really short.

Would it be possible for an addon to lengthen these menus to a customisable length?
 Sylph.Keade
Serveur: Sylph
user: Fyrestorm
By Sylph.Keade 2018-06-11 13:06:26
Link | Citer | R

Is there an addon out there that uses commands to buy high-tier battlefield KIs?

I tried looking at the sparks addon and adding it myself, but honestly I have no idea where to start.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 27 28 29