Siren.Ihm
VIP
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-04 05:24:22
Link | Citer | R

Hey all,

Since we're getting a constant influx of PMs and emails from people, as well as people writing posts in threads that are just getting longer and messier by the minute, I wanted to re-enforce our issues tracker.

I'm sorry to say, but we really don't have time to keep going through all the PMs and emails which most of the time are the same problems, and we defiantly can't keep ontop of the constant threads posted, I am sorry but we're only human and we all have jobs and our own personal ingame careers.

Any issues that can't be fixed through discussing with other players, as in, actual problems with Windower, either 3.4 or 4.0, we ask that you please go to our issues tracker and create an issue as appropriate using our template.

Thank you all for your co-operation and support on Windower, we wouldn't be anything without you guys.

Go here for our issues tracker

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 05:33:57
Link | Citer | R

Alright, just one question: which things are currently being worked on, so that if someone has an issue that is already being taken care of, there's no need to report/insist/annoy.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-04 05:39:45
Link | Citer | R

We don't really have any specific ones we're working on, but we are assigning priorities to issues now. By having more people bumping an issue then we will probably move it higher on the priority list.

There is a search function already on the issues tracker, as well as each issue having a label for what causes it, so people can attempt to locate the issue first and bump it if appropriate and create a new one if its not available.

Although, we don't want people posting that their spellcast xml isn't working. That's not an issue with windower, that's (To be harsh for a second) your own problem.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 05:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Um, sorry but that link leads to this same thread...
 Asura.Izilder
Serveur: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-04 05:40:49
Link | Citer | R

ihm the link isn't working :p and Seha i think it says in the tracker what the state of progress open or closed - just require you to read it.. worst case is you post an issue that's already open.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-04 05:43:08
Link | Citer | R

Bleh... I didn't know ffxiah doesn't process links without http:// at the start. Fixed anyway.

Please don't keep posting issues that are already open though because we have to take time to de-duplicate them.

And don't just post a crash dump, they are meaningless on their own and we can't do anything with them.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 05:59:33
Link | Citer | R

Alright bumped a thread since it already existed an open one.

...and it's not that I can't read, but the link led me back here so I thought we were just gonna have another conversation here <_< sorry.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-04 06:05:57
Link | Citer | R

Heh, that's np, didn't realise it was linking to it's self. Should post it on the issues tracker. (KIDDINGGGGGG)
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-04-04 06:38:31
Link | Citer | R

Soo i found an Issue i have aswell randomly, but it got closed due to lack of information.

Its the https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/90 LL crashing randomly.

you suggested to use the Crash log, but reading this.. does that only work when ffxi completly crashes? because only LL crashes and ffxi works fine still. And even reloading wont work because it will crash again.

So before i bother downloading this thing and try to get it to work.. will it notice when only plugins crash but the game itself is working fine?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-04 06:43:35
Link | Citer | R

A plugin crash SHOULD cause a debugger to lock down and allow you to make a crash dump.

If an issue has been closed, unless it was fixed, feel free to bump it and we will re-open it, unless its specifically tagged as "will not fix".

Some issues are closed simply because people give us no information so its meaningless.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-05 18:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Mahley said: »
been reading every post possible and every "solution" possible because i generally avoid posting because all u get is *** for it but here goes lets see if someone can finally fix this so i can actually play again....

ive installed windower 4 and i get this error

"to run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET framework v4.0.30319"

the solution seems simple enough right? well ive installed .NET Framework 4 and updated it fully and still get this error, ive tried restarting, reinstalling, system restore, checking the windower run in is set correctly and im still at this dead end... the only problem i can see atm is there is an update i cant install but its for .NET Framework 3.5 so u would think it has nothing to do with 4.0, i use windows vista if someone could please try to help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to start of first by pointing out, this thread was made to promote our bug tracker. You've proven straight away you haven't read stuff because you posted in this thread about your issue rather than the bug tracker.

Try reading the discussion on this issue posted on our tracker that discusses a problem with .net framework not being installed properly.
 Asura.Izilder
Serveur: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-06 04:34:55
Link | Citer | R

ihm for king!
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-06 05:44:36
Link | Citer | R

was looking for the right thread couldnt find it so my apologies just a little fed up and ive read that thread several times but 1 more cant hurt i guess....

edit: yea still nothing but ill post elsewhere wouldnt want to upset and almighty gods of ffxi oh well money from windower will look better in my account

Sarcasm won't get you anywhere. It's doubtful that its windowers fault that you're having .net framework issues. We didn't develop the .net framework, and a framework check is something all windows apps do if they require it. I'd personally have started with google not here.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=.net+frame+installed+but+not+detected

And what do you mean by "oh well money from windower will look better in my account".
[+]
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
Serveur: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-06 06:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Ihm said: »
was looking for the right thread couldnt find it so my apologies just a little fed up and ive read that thread several times but 1 more cant hurt i guess....

edit: yea still nothing but ill post elsewhere wouldnt want to upset and almighty gods of ffxi oh well money from windower will look better in my account

Sarcasm won't get you anywhere. It's doubtful that its windowers fault that you're having .net framework issues. We didn't develop the .net framework, and a framework check is something all windows apps do if they require it. I'd personally have started with google not here.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=.net+frame+installed+but+not+detected

And what do you mean by "oh well money from windower will look better in my account".

I wouldn't care about responses from ***. Especially when they don't contribute to the overall process you guys work hard to achieve.
I, for one, LOVE your team.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-06 06:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Whilst here, the new 'Add ons' Tab, where can i find more info about the Programs here?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-06 06:44:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
Whilst here, the new 'Add ons' Tab, where can i find more info about the Programs here?

They SHOULD have small descriptions under them, obviously not all of them do just yet but they will be updated soon (Cause I'll kill people if they don't :D) but for now look at https://github.com/Windower/Lua, you can probably get basic info there.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-06 06:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Ihm said: »
Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »

They SHOULD have small descriptions under them, obviously not all of them do just yet but they will be updated soon (Cause I'll kill people if they don't :D) but for now look at https://github.com/Windower/Lua, you can probably get basic info there.

Beautiful! Thanks :D
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-06 06:59:06
Link | Citer | R

this is why i dont post i simply asked for help yes in wrong thread but if u was trying to sort out the problem im having for days on end with little success u wouldnt be in the best frame of mind hence why i went to the wrong thread to post im just a little fed up, either way i tried google and got no success i thought posting here might help because since its your program i cant get working because of the .net framework maybe u have heard something or known something about how to fix it since i doubt im the first and only person who has come across this problem.

as for fulgrim idk why you are so quick to insult when i have no idea in the slightest who you are but oh well internet is full of angry ppl.

Im someone who appreciates the work of others, not some kid who is too *** lazy to go online and SEARCH for some answers!!
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-06 07:58:29
Link | Citer | R

to lazy to search? my internet history is full of hours trying to find/solve this so its not like i havent tried to fix it at all also i do love the work the windower team does which is why ive made donations but yea im just the typical lazy kid on the internet... troll on

also even tho it was to help as well as insult i liked the app that went with this link

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=.net+frame+installed+but+not+detected good stuff

It's your attitude thats the problem, and we don't take donations, so idk who you donated that money to...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/microsoft-net-framework-35-service-pack-1-install/64f55525-e289-4b6f-bac9-967ee0712ab5
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-06 08:06:01
Link | Citer | R

but oh well internet is full of angry ppl.
Yeah, like you lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mahley
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Leey
By Bismarck.Mahley 2013-04-06 08:11:55
Link | Citer | R

exactly why i normally dont bother posting this site is full of know it all *** who just come here to troll and insult because clearly theres nothing better to do in life
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-06 08:14:02
Link | Citer | R

exactly why i normally dont bother posting this site is full of know it all *** who just come here to troll and insult because clearly theres nothing better to do in life

Do you not see how you're acting towards others?

The reason I got pissed off with your initial post was your attitude. You are continuing it now, blaming others when you are the one who has the attitude.

Please stop.
By Jetackuu 2013-04-06 08:21:31
Link | Citer | R

because as soon as i posted YOU gave me attitude i never started it but *** it not bothering anymore ill fix it myself as always since this website is useless giving me google links which ive searched through 1000 times and besides i apologized on my behalf and STILL ppl come here to talk ***
here's a novel idea:

read a thread before you post in it.

here's another novel idea:

uninstall and reinstall .net

Microsoft .net is picky and buggy as hell.

If you want further assistance with it, there's a general tech support thread on this site, or you could just make a new thread.

I would honestly consider reinstalling Windows though, as it could potentially be faster than fixing .net

but as I realize a lot of configuration/installs go with that, can still try to fix it.

could also try this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

@mods: if you want to delete this, please move it as it's actually attempting to be constructive.
 Bismarck.Mahley
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Leey
By Bismarck.Mahley 2013-04-06 08:22:32
Link | Citer | R

tried all that but ty for the suggestion
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2013-04-06 08:22:36
Link | Citer | R

because as soon as i posted YOU gave me attitude i never started it

i generally avoid posting because all u get is *** for it

I've done very little C++ programming, and I can imagine that FFXI, and its related programs, are far more expansive then the things I had dwelled in (school projects). However your first post was belittling the very forum you were posting on for assistance. Contradictions don't exactly help your case in the "i didnt have an attitude u all did" category x.x

Also, to edit in a few things, I'm not stating that FFXI is C++ programming, as I have 0 clue about it, and never wished to find out. The other thing, is I hope that you can actually find a fix for your problem, but I dont think the way you went about it was a great one, is all.
First Page 2