Windower and March 2013 Update
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Ragnarok.Returner
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-03-29 01:09:26
Link | Citer | R

nvm, didn't know there is an init file lol...
[+]
 Valefor.Shystie
Serveur: Valefor
user: Shystie
By Valefor.Shystie 2013-03-29 01:22:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Mozart said: »
Everything in 4.0 is great! Might be a bug or a patch coming out for spellcast for this issue. When i use <stpc > it doesnt allow me to make a target then let the spell/action go off, it just selects myself and goes off. ><; anyone else with this issue or just my old xml spellcasts.

This was happening to me the past week or so on 3.4. I just downloaded version 4 and it is still happening to me.
 Asura.Babydrulian
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Babydrulian 2013-03-29 01:37:51
Link | Citer | R

The graphics on Windows 4 aren't as good as the one in 3.4.. how exactly change the resolution settings up like I would with 3.4?
 Ragnarok.Loughry
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-03-29 01:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Is there somewhere I can put "statustimer setposy 75"?

In short, I like my timers to be placed below the status.

Thanks in advance!
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-03-29 01:46:49
Link | Citer | R

what is those settings on windower4 for game? can someone tell me what exactly what settin is doing?

(Bump Mapping, Mip Mapping, UI Scale and stuff)
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-03-29 02:55:17
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Loughry said: »

Thanks in advance!
Same place as before worked for me. ( init file in scripts. )

[EDIT]Nevermind, found it in the settings, as well as option to change it back to Recast 3.4-like version without the graphically timers in regards to Timers.

What could be nice would be a transparency setting for some of these plug-ins, if possible. Sometimes they do overlay menus or the equipment screen.

I keep adding to this the more I play with 4, lol. Is there a Yarnball equivalent btw? I see what looks like settings for it in the Timers settings, but nothing pops up whenever I cast a buff in game.
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 02:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Babydrulian said: »
The graphics on Windows 4 aren't as good as the one in 3.4.. how exactly change the resolution settings up like I would with 3.4?

Might just be a matter of readjusting your FFXI config or registry.
Here's a link that provides a run down on how to adjust and improve your graphics in game.
 Valefor.Psykopat
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2013-03-29 02:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Hi,

I went from 3.4 to 4 yesterday, first of all good work it's really nice.

By the way I have 3 problems, sorry if it's been asked already >.<

1) The resolution values in my register keep going back to the same for 001/003 and 002/004 so I can't use the old method to put double values in 003 and 004 in order to have better graphics. Any way I can set them manually and the launcher doesn't erase them ?

2) I got several freezes yesterday during the evening. I had to ctrl/alt/supp in order to kill the launcher and start it again. The plugins I use are tpparty, distance, drawdistance, timers and statustimer. Any idea ?

3) When I use the command /shutdown it ends up with a crash message. Any idea also ?

I'm on Vista 32, and sorry for the noob questions >.<

Thx in advance !
By Solrain 2013-03-29 03:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Thanks in advance!

Add it your your init (in the Scripts folder) and it'll do it automatically every time the game loads.
 Ragnarok.Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-03-29 03:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »

Thanks in advance!

[EDIT]Nevermind, found it in the settings, as well as option to change it back to Recast 3.4-like version without the graphically timers in regards to Timers.

What could be nice would be a transparency setting for some of these plug-ins, if possible. Sometimes they do overlay menus or the equipment screen.

I keep adding to this the more I play with 4, lol. Is there a Yarnball equivalent btw? I see what looks like settings for it in the Timers settings, but nothing pops up whenever I cast a buff in game.

I'm having issues here. When I try to change values and then save, it won't let me and says "Please check if this file is opened in another program."

I get this same thing when I try to make + save any changes into any of my spellcasts. Any ideas why it's now doing this?

Edit: Had to move Windower4 folder out of the Program Files (x86). This fixed my issue.
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2013-03-29 04:01:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
what is those settings on windower4 for game? can someone tell me what exactly what settin is doing?

This

What is UI?

Should my Mip mapping be high?

Should my bump mapping and super sampling be on?

ty
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 04:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Babydrulian said: »
Cerberus.Mindi said: »

This

What is UI?

Should my Mip mapping be high?

Should my bump mapping and super sampling be on?

ty

These settings are a few of the graphical options that exist within the FFXI config. It simply alters them on a profile basis, which is convenient. This guide will help explain the finer details as to what they are, and what they do, and how they improve/alter your in game display.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-03-29 04:08:11
Link | Citer | R

Thanks in advance!

I'm having issues here. When I try to change values and then save, it won't let me and says "Please check if this file is opened in another program."

I get this same thing when I try to make + save any changes into any of my spellcasts. Any ideas why it's now doing this?
Probably a stupid question but first thing that comes to mind is, do you have Windower open while attempting this?

Although it is odd, because I was able to edit my init file in scripts while it was open. I haven't tinkered with Spellcast yet though.
 Ragnarok.Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-03-29 04:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Thanks in advance!

Probably a stupid question but first thing that comes to mind is, do you have Windower open while attempting this?

Although it is odd, because I was able to edit my init file in scripts while it was open. I haven't tinkered with Spellcast yet though.

Nah, I even restarted my computer and upon logging in, I was still getting the same error. I moved my Windower4 folder out of the Program Files (x86). This fixed the issue. Thanks for your help.
[+]
 Shiva.Verohawke
Serveur: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2013-03-29 04:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Will there be a launcher in the Windower 4, where just as with 3.4 you can change the registry, backgorund settings?

When dualboxing I lauch one on higher settings than the other character, otherwise my computer won't agree with me :)
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2013-03-29 04:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Psykopat said: »
Hi,
2) I got several freezes yesterday during the evening. I had to ctrl/alt/supp in order to kill the launcher and start it again. The plugins I use are tpparty, distance, drawdistance, timers and statustimer. Any idea ?

im having this problem since i installed windower 4 after the new expansion. I do use abilities, weaponskills, etc and my screen freezes. I can hear the sounds and can ehar the menus opening when im clicking the screen but graphics just stay freezed, any idea what's the problem?
 Asura.Thannatos
user: Thannatos
By Asura.Thannatos 2013-03-29 05:00:47
Link | Citer | R

Hi,

^
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2013-03-29 05:06:36
Link | Citer | R

Ok from what i was told IT IS the timers plugin causing the graphics freeze...
 Asura.Thannatos
By Asura.Thannatos 2013-03-29 05:12:17
Link | Citer | R

I certainly hope not, as that's the most useful plugin for me. :/
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-03-29 05:15:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Cybermario said: »
With the graphical settings? Have you tried Classic setting?
 Cerberus.Marthos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Marthos
By Cerberus.Marthos 2013-03-29 05:18:51
Link | Citer | R

I was getting this issue a lot too, for me turning off the graphical effect (the pretty bars) fixed it.

Plugins -> Settings -> Timers.xml, change graphicalmode from true to false.
[+]
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2013-03-29 05:27:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Marthos said: »

I was getting this issue a lot too, for me turning off the graphical effect (the pretty bars) fixed it.

Plugins -> Settings -> Timers.xml, change graphicalmode from true to false.
good to know, i will edit that right now. Is a shame tho, really loved how those bars with the icons looked like.
 Asura.Thannatos
By Asura.Thannatos 2013-03-29 05:36:27
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, same. I turned it to false and am about to do a few Reives to test it out. Hopefully it gets fixed, lol.
 Phoenix.Zohno
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Zono
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-03-29 06:18:55
Link | Citer | R

Thanks in advance!

Nah, I even restarted my computer and upon logging in, I was still getting the same error. I moved my Windower4 folder out of the Program Files (x86). This fixed the issue. Thanks for your help.

some editors cannot edit the files in the programs folder if not run as administrator. another workaround is to give full control to the "Users" group in w7 like in the pic: right click the folder you wanna change > security > select Users > Edit > Full control > apply all the changes.

[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-03-29 06:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Ok, sorry for going awol yesterday xD I wanted to enjoy the expansion myself for a day. I'm back now and have a pile of emails and PMs XD.

For those who are talking about graphical crashes being timers fault, it's not. The graphical crashes are due to the hook handling primitives badly. Those issues have been there since they were added (Long long ago) just timers creates so many primitives unlike most plugins that it causes them.

I personally dual box and never see the crashes, idk why, but going graphical or text mode won't change it, it'll still happen the same.

We're working on fixing it though.
[+]
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 06:47:35
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Ihm said: »
Ok, sorry for going awol yesterday xD I wanted to enjoy the expansion myself for a day. I'm back now and have a pile of emails and PMs XD.

For those who are talking about graphical crashes being timers fault, it's not. The graphical crashes are due to the hook handling primitives badly. Those issues have been there since they were added (Long long ago) just timers creates so many primitives unlike most plugins that it causes them.

I personally dual box and never see the crashes, idk why, but going graphical or text mode won't change it, it'll still happen the same.

We're working on fixing it though.

Words cannot describe the level of appreciation there is for your efforts and exploits. The Windower crew are single-handedly responsible for making the game significantly more playable than it would ever be otherwise. So on the users behalf, thank you.

Totally dedicating my 16,000th post for you guys too.

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-03-29 08:31:57
Link | Citer | R

*deleted wrong thread* D:
 Sylph.Slide
Serveur: Sylph
user: Slide
By Sylph.Slide 2013-03-29 11:06:06
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way i can take this off full screen?

nvm, got it lol. i'm stupid
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-03-29 11:07:14
Link | Citer | R

So, I updated 3.4 plugins yesterday from that feed on Guildwork, and today when I logged in with it, my border was gone even though that option was not checked in the GUI Launcher. Any suggestions?
 Valefor.Psykopat
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2013-03-29 11:16:46
Link | Citer | R

3) When I use the command /shutdown it ends up with a crash message. Any idea also ?

Sorry to ask again but any idea on that?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11