Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 188 189 190
By Afania 2016-10-03 05:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Im seeking some help about run and casting.

I dont use gearswap so i have lots of trouble when casting anything, even more when supertanking, with interruptions. Currently i built a 102% SID set, but using it means weakning my phalanx or having little enmity when casting foil/flash.

Any advice how i can i manage working both with SID and orher sets with native tools?

Thanks in advance.

I use native tool too, never have any issue when tanking single targets. Not so sure about super tanking hard stuff since I haven't get a chance to tank woc yet.

No issue with super tanking lower tier NM such as T3 and adds.

Between fast cast, parry proc, possibly shock spike proc and aquaveil, plus how fast flash goes off I find it hard to imagine it's big deal, especially single target.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-05 04:11:37
Link | Citer | R

It's kinda pointless these days after obtaining a Lionheart, but for fun and giggles does anyone have updated sets for dualwielding Swords on RUN?

How do Reikiko and Firangi look for RUN sword dualwielding? They got nice base stats and high damage (plus a really handy Regain)
 Ragnarok.Rydal
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-05 08:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
It's kinda pointless these days after obtaining a Lionheart, but for fun and giggles does anyone have updated sets for dualwielding Swords on RUN?

How do Reikoko and Firangi look for RUN sword dualwielding? They got nice base stats and high damage (plus a really handy Regain)

I've seen RUNs sunning around with those. They're probably the best outside of the Unity Divine skill swords.
 Odin.Roundelk
Serveur: Odin
user: Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-10-05 09:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Odin.Roundelk said: »
This is my 4-hit set
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/346062
257 tp hit.

Has 1136 accuracy plus 10 from Hasso, On all high tier content like WoC and HELM I have parsed 96%+ Acc.

Dampening tam is near max just short of 1 stats each on augment.
Samnhua tights is max.
Herculean feet is 13 DEX, 21 Acc, 4 ATT and 3 TA
Herculean Body 10 DEX, 28 Acc, 20 Att, TA 4%

WS Set
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/346063
Herculean Helm 13 STR, 25 Acc, 31 ATT
Herculean Gloves 15 STR, 37 Acc, 31 ATT
Herculean feet 13 STR, 26 Acc, 16 ATT, TA 1%

1116 Accuracy + 20 From fotia neck/belt + 10 Hasso = 1146
I would have to miss more then 2 swings for the 4 hit to break and easy switch can be brutal earring for Telos.

For Epeolatry I'm still working things out but I got lucky with a 39 Acc, 15 ATT, STP 6 and TA 1% Herculean feet DM augment that I kept, switching in those feet keeps a 4hit with Epeolatry so far.

What are the augments on your capes?

TP Cape is 20 DEX, 20 attack/Accuracy and 10 STP.
WS for Reso is 30 STR, 20 attack/accuracy, 10 DA.
WS for Dimidation is 30 DEX, 20 attack/Accuracy, 10 WSDMG.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-05 09:52:04
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Rydal said: »

How do Reikoko and Firangi look for RUN sword dualwielding? They got nice base stats and high damage (plus a really handy Regain)

I've seen RUNs sunning around with those. They're probably the best outside of the Unity Divine skill swords.
Hmm... Firangi mainhand for the higher damage and Reikiko offhand for the stats and Regain?
Reikiko kinda has a very high delay for an offhand weapon though, but I suppose it's likely the best for the other pros it brings, hmmm?

Before Lionheart I used to have a lot of fun savageblading mobs.
On easy stuff you'd be surprised how much *** damage a RUN/NIN can pull off with those swords, considering RUN ain't even a DD in theory.
Guess we DO get access to a load of really good DD gear though.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
Serveur: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2016-10-05 11:38:35
Link | Citer | R

Starting the game again and decided to try out Rune. (starting completely from scratch on a new account).

What should be my priorities?

Currently I'm:

Getting Rune and SJs to 99 -> working on artifact -> relic -> empy.

Then working ambuscades, BCs for +1 materials, and JSE weapon (while simultaneously working on Rhapsodies missions so I gain access to Reis).

Anything else I should be doing, or any change up in the order of the above? Any other recommendations for someone just starting out again?

(Also what's the best way to skill up GS fast...)?
By gario1 2016-10-05 15:00:40
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Neosutrax said: »
Starting the game again and decided to try out Rune. (starting completely from scratch on a new account).

Currently I'm:

Then working ambuscades, BCs for +1 materials, and JSE weapon (while simultaneously working on Rhapsodies missions so I gain access to Reis).

Anything else I should be doing, or any change up in the order of the above? Any other recommendations for someone just starting out again?

I've been working on this myself, got the Oboro JSE weapon and capped weaponskills so far. For the weapon skills capping get Sakura Trust from this months Alter Ego Extravaganza, purchased at any fields tomes. Grab Temachtiani Head, Pants, and Boots from the RoE Sparks vender, and if you can get skill up food from the Curio Moogle. Head to Ceizak Battlegrounds beach by the mandies and find the Urganites. I then called a Trust healer with poisona, and trusts than can haste you like Koro-Moro and Joachim. I was able to AFK for hours and have Sword, Great Sword, Club, and Great Axe all capped. make sure you do a /follow on the urganite incase one of the trust pulls hate from you.

I'm still working on the rest of your list myself!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-05 15:12:12
Link | Citer | R

Hmm... Firangi mainhand for the higher damage and Reikiko offhand for the stats and Regain?
Reikiko kinda has a very high delay for an offhand weapon though, but I suppose it's likely the best for the other pros it brings, hmmm?

On easy stuff you'd be surprised how much *** damage a RUN/NIN can pull off with those swords, considering RUN ain't even a DD in theory.

I think my current record is around 37k Savage Blade on Dazzling Dolores, so...lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-05 15:26:13
Link | Citer | R

I can't think of a good offhand. At 119, there's Flyssa+1, Fettering Blade, Combuster+1, Deacon/Anahera Sword, Usonmunku, Vampirism, Pukulatmaj+1, and... Blurred Sword+1! Sadly RUN was left off things like Nibiru Blade and Joytoy v2.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2016-10-05 15:53:45
Link | Citer | R

gario1 said: »

Currently I'm:

I've been working on this myself, got the Oboro JSE weapon and capped weaponskills so far. For the weapon skills capping get Sakura Trust from this months Alter Ego Extravaganza, purchased at any fields tomes. Grab Temachtiani Head, Pants, and Boots from the RoE Sparks vender, and if you can get skill up food from the Curio Moogle. Head to Ceizak Battlegrounds beach by the mandies and find the Urganites. I then called a Trust healer with poisona, and trusts than can haste you like Koro-Moro and Joachim. I was able to AFK for hours and have Sword, Great Sword, Club, and Great Axe all capped. make sure you do a /follow on the urganite incase one of the trust pulls hate from you.

Super helpful, thank you!
By BlaTheTaru 2016-10-05 16:07:43
Link | Citer | R

Currently I'm:

Try to do coalition assignments as often as possible. You may want an ergon one day and those things take forever and a day to cap.
 Phoenix.Bertoli
user: gario1
By Phoenix.Bertoli 2016-10-05 16:33:00
Link | Citer | R

NP
gario1 said: »

Currently I'm:

Super helpful, thank you!

NP, for sub jobs I leveled NIN, SAM, BLU, and WAR. I've only really used RUN/NIN on this months Ambuscade. Many have insisted that you need /WAR for provoke to make him stand but I have seen him stand just fine without provoke.
 Phoenix.Bertoli
By Phoenix.Bertoli 2016-10-05 16:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Currently I'm:

Oh, once you get GS up to 357 get the Merit Weapoon Skill Resolution from the moogle by Maat, then get your Trial Sword from the quest Rune Fencing the Night Away. Use Trust Ayame to do weaponskills with you closing with Resolution and you will get Dimidation real fast.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-06 04:43:51
Link | Citer | R

I can't think of a good offhand. At 119, there's Flyssa+1, Fettering Blade, Combuster+1, Deacon/Anahera Sword, Usonmunku, Vampirism, Pukulatmaj+1, and... Blurred Sword+1! Sadly RUN was left off things like Nibiru Blade and Joytoy v2.
I have CombusterNQ/+1, FlyssaNQ/+1, Vampirism -1, Usonmunku +1 but I doubt any of those would be a better offhand than Reikiko, despite Reik's very high delay.

Now Blurred Sword +1 is another story entirely, but *** buying that honestly :P
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-06 06:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Yeah most of them have high delay anyway so you're better off keeping Reikiko as the off. Why waste the money on a Blurred when you have something already good right?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-10-06 10:54:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Bertoli said: »
NP, for sub jobs I leveled NIN, SAM, BLU, and WAR. I've only really used RUN/NIN on this months Ambuscade. Many have insisted that you need /WAR for provoke to make him stand but I have seen him stand just fine without provoke.
Not that this matters much since this month's ambuscade is almost over, but you do need Provoke to make him stand. If he's standing in your group without you using Provoke, then the other players in the group must be using it. (Probably BLUs.)

You really don't need /NIN anyway since it's such a fast fight. I tank in full DPS gear with no healer. (Literally not 1 member could cast Cure in my group last night, the GEO and BRD were both subbed BLM.)

Here's what I've been doing and it works fantastic: Pop Pro4/Shell5/Stoneskin/Blink while in Mhaura. Once you're inside the arena, do Lux x3, Crusade, Valiance, Temper (if you have it), Phalanx, and Regen4 while folks are buffing. Then Swordplay, Provoke the NM, Foil, Warcry, and wait until you start taking damage. When I'm down about 300hp from max (takes a while due to Stoneskin/Blink) I pop Battuta, which lasts the rest of the fight.

The only way you'll take any damage whatsoever this way is if Battuta wears off or he starts countering you like crazy (seems to happen after Debilitating Drone or something like that), in which case you might want to go into DT gear, pop Defender, and maybe even turn your back. Make sure you spam hate tools so he doesn't turn around and counter your DDs to death.
[+]
By Sockfoot 2016-10-07 02:56:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Not that this matters much since this month's ambuscade is almost over, but you do need Provoke to make him stand. If he's standing in your group without you using Provoke, then the other players in the group must be using it. (Probably BLUs.)

This isn't true. He stands at the same time, every fight. Like clockwork.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-07 03:00:40
Link | Citer | R

Enmity actions against the NM will make it stand quicker. The difference between DDs hitting provoke on CD and those who don't is night and day. 85% compared to 70%, to be conservative.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-07 03:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Enmity is probably what causes him to stand, but you definitely don't need to use Provoke for it to work. I've definitely had him stand without any Provokes before.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-07 03:23:12
Link | Citer | R

I've done it solo as cor/nin with support trusts only. Definetely don't need voke to make it stand ò_ò
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-07 03:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Provoke is not the necessary factor, simply enmity actions against the NM. Provoke is just the simplest way for DDs to contribute to that hate threshold.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-07 03:30:31
Link | Citer | R

I like the old tried and true Diffusion + Exuviation myself....!!!!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-10-07 03:56:17
Link | Citer | R

I don't buy that hate threshold thing. I've gone in and used every single RUN JA while spamming Flash and Foil and it didn't make a difference. I even brought out some tank trusts just to be sure.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-10-07 10:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah it's not just enmity, because I did a group once where nobody used Provoke. I was on RUN and used Flash & Foil as well as several other hate tools but not Provoke. He never stood once in probably 15 runs. Died on all fours every time.

Maybe it's that several members of the party need to be above a certain enmity threshold, not just one member?

As for my most recent run, we had one other BLU doing Provoke, and he stood every 5th provoke like clockwork. Usually it was my 3rd Provoke as the BLU had done 2 by that point, but if I slacked on my Provoke timer then the BLU's 3rd one would make it stand.
 Phoenix.Bertoli
By Phoenix.Bertoli 2016-10-07 11:33:01
Link | Citer | R

I've ran it many times with just trusts and nobody able to use provoke and it has stood every time for me. Typically stands 2 to 3 times in the time it takes me to dispatch it.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-10-07 12:10:59
Link | Citer | R

I've ran it many times with just trusts and nobody able to use provoke and it has stood every time for me. Typically stands 2 to 3 times in the time it takes me to dispatch it.
What trusts do you use?

And what do you mean it stands 2-3 times? Are you talking about one fight? Like it stands, then it goes back to all fours, stands again, etc? I didn't even know that was possible.
 Phoenix.Bertoli
By Phoenix.Bertoli 2016-10-07 14:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
What trusts do you use?

And what do you mean it stands 2-3 times? Are you talking about one fight? Like it stands, then it goes back to all fours, stands again, etc? I didn't even know that was possible.

That's correct. I have had him stand and go back down in every group or solo I've done this month. You are probably killing much quicker than me. Trusts are Ulmia, Joachim, Koro-Moro for buffs Ayame to skill chain with and Zeid II for stun.

Might not be optimal but that is my experience.
By Afania 2016-10-09 01:25:37
Link | Citer | R

How does Erilaz body convert dmg taken to mp works? Is it like Ethereal earring that does not mitigate damage?

If it doesn't mitigate dmg does that mean Futhark body +1 is BiS for physical dmg taken- only tanking set?

Was playing with sets, for physical dmg taken- only situations(no magic/breath dmg, no status ailment), and not considering random augment gears:

Set 1:
ItemSet 346842

Set 2:
ItemSet 346841

Set 1 has 4% chance to absorb according to bg-wiki data of 1% chance to absorb piece and it requires vocane.

Set 2 has 3% chance to absorb and 1 less def, but 7% enemy critical hit rate- and it doesn't require vocane.

Does that means for people without vocane Futhark body +1 is BiS and for those with vocane it's still side grade? Assuming you can hold hate with both sets.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Serveur: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2016-10-09 08:47:33
Link | Citer | R

Erilaz doesn't mitigate damage, it just gives you MP based on damage you take.

About a physical damage only set, there are other options if you're aiming PDT-:

- Iron Gobbet > Staunch Tathlum (-2%)
- Impreg. Earring > Colossus's Earing (-1%)
- Erilaz Hands > Umuthi Gloves or even augmented Buremte Gloves (-4%). Of course, augmented Herculean hands would be much better than anything else and can reach up to -7 with PDT-5 augment.
- Fortified Ring > Gelatinous Ring +1 (-7%) or Warden's Ring (-3% and enemy crit -5%)

You'll lose some stuff, but you'll get the job done. I don't recommend Futhark over Erilaz body because it has overall lower stats and Erilaz MP return is a blessing when you spam Foil and Stoneskin. You know how Foil is useful in physical damage only situations.

I think Futhark is by no means BiS in anything unless you want an all-around DT- set. I don't own a Vocane and I only use Futhark when i really need the DT-7% for some reason, like a BDT- set or when I can't use shell.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-09 09:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Futhark is nice for "pulling" setups where you want to pull stuff, have movement speed+, and capped DT while not engaged.
It also has a nice regen+3 which never hurts.
I think I still use Futhark for my Pulling set and I can't think of better options.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 188 189 190