Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 188 189 190
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 12:59:17
Link | Citer | R

I would more or less discount a lot of that stuff on /dnc. Desperate flourish? Really? I mean I know it's there, but with JA delay and such, I think stepping would be only used for stuns if that. Attack bonus on Ruinator I think means that box step is kind of moot, no? (that is a legit question). Animated? nah. Decays way too quickly and eats 2 FM if you have them, not worth it.

/dnc for solo maybe, but I think the extra 10% DW from 3 > 2 is what would win here, no?
 Asura.Jem
Serveur: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-03-29 13:03:24
Link | Citer | R

It's going to entirely depend on what you are fighting / your party set-up.

Ruinator won't auto-cap your attack against everything. It's a 35% attack boost iirc. It will be good enough for some stuff but not for others.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-29 13:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I would more or less discount a lot of that stuff on /dnc. Desperate flourish? Really? I mean I know it's there, but with JA delay and such, I think stepping would be only used for stuns if that. Attack bonus on Ruinator I think means that box step is kind of moot, no? (that is a legit question). Animated? nah. Decays way too quickly and eats 2 FM if you have them, not worth it.

/dnc for solo maybe, but I think the extra 10% DW from 3 > 2 is what would win here, no?

If you're using ruinator because you're not capping attack with Resolution, there's always a chance you're not capping with Ruinator (especially on these new higher level mobs). The lower dmg is also going to be impairing things (like lunge for example).

The tier of dual wield is nice but so is 5% ja haste on samba.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-29 13:05:34
Link | Citer | R

That's just another reason why it's so odd they have axes. They are on the STR Gsword line... Think SE done goofed, considering Geo's used axes in every other FF game? Though a nuking mage with an axe does sound odd, they were odd in Tactics to say the least.

GEO is being played as a straight mage in FFXI as it was in FFV and FFIII before it. FFT is an outlier where the job took on more of a melee mage approach which we already have filled here with BLU.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2013-03-29 13:06:10
Link | Citer | R

The Samba that doesnt work with enspell? ;/
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 13:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

If you're using ruinator because you're not capping attack with Resolution, there's always a chance you're not capping with Ruinator (especially on these new higher level mobs). The lower dmg is also going to be impairing things (like lunge for example).

The tier of dual wield is nice but so is 5% ja haste on samba.

Are you really gonna expand the tp to keep haste samba up though? I almost never do on /dnc. It really is a lot for such a short duration on /dnc. And I realize the att bonus on ruinator also comes with a lower skill weapon.
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-03-29 13:06:18
Link | Citer | R

It's worth noting that Ruinator is also an 'Accuracy varies with TP' WS. Plus you're using a B- weapon. So Quickstep + DNC's Acc bonus will actually help somewhat.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 13:06:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azriel said: »
The Samba that doesnt work with enspell? ;/

lol that too. I didn't even think of that.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 13:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
That's just another reason why it's so odd they have axes. They are on the STR Gsword line... Think SE done goofed, considering Geo's used axes in every other FF game? Though a nuking mage with an axe does sound odd, they were odd in Tactics to say the least.

GEO is being played as a straight mage in FFXI as it was in FFV and FFIII before it. FFT is an outlier where the job took on more of a melee mage approach which we already have filled here with BLU.

But it has so much potential to be more than a watered down blm with some buffs. It looks like it can be used in many different ways. God I gotta get this damn thing on the first so I can level these new jobs.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2013-03-29 13:07:57
Link | Citer | R

np, my RUN had Calda 99 in my dreams wearing Dux+1 till i realised ...dafuq
[+]
By Gimp 2013-03-29 13:21:35
Link | Citer | R

based off what evasion it has and its ja I think it's plausible in some situations to /nin for solo

doing magian trials as nin main I can avoid quite a bit of damage because of the evasion skill with shadows (due to mobs accuracy being very low it lasts for quite some time).

most of the time I even skimp shadows because of how easy it is to kill the mob without a tp move(yes subtle blow which RUN doesn't have) being fired off and little damage I do take is gained by through idle sets and running.

If you consider RUN's regen ability and refresh coupled with slightly less evasion skill, it's worth trying to see if you skip /dnc; you factor in mobs that use aga spells but you have RUN's ability to reduce any elemental damage so you don't need violent flourish unless it's for certain deadly tp moves(I can't think of any).

Another factor is status ailments also, but because status ailments can be avoided/greatly mitigated (VT and under generally) with the appropriate corresponding element resistance you may not need waltzes.

In short unless you're taking a lot of heavy physical damage that can't be /nin'd or somehow being crippled by more ailments than you can properly apply the runes to resist/mitigate I can't see someone needing /dnc. There's also if you're using more mp than getting back which would result in a slow death.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-29 13:42:52
Link | Citer | R

I imagine Upheaval is DOA for RUN?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-29 13:47:32
Link | Citer | R

poor gear options, horrible base vit, and no good gaxe options

added stat ranks to OP
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-03-29 16:35:24
Link | Citer | R

gonna get all opinion in here

potential solid subs

dnc:
cures stun lower magic def for your runes

nin:
same reason as pld except for heavy ws and to buy time when rebuffing

drk:
more so after the potential last resort update, but it would help the attack problem, have bio to lower mob attack, have stun for the just incase aswell as weapon bash as a solid stun for oshit tp moves

after that its just messing around, like sam for seigan but youd slow your buff recasts... not that most would matter too much, or mnk to counter since def is already low and magic isnt the problem
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-03-29 16:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
gonna get all opinion in here

potential solid subs

dnc:
cures stun lower magic def for your runes

nin:
same reason as pld except for heavy ws and to buy time when rebuffing

drk:
more so after the potential last resort update, but it would help the attack problem, have bio to lower mob attack, have stun for the just incase aswell as weapon bash as a solid stun for oshit tp moves

after that its just messing around, like sam for seigan but youd slow your buff recasts... not that most would matter too much, or mnk to counter since def is already low and magic isnt the problem
WAR is solid for base DA and lots of good buffs and stuff.

also: Fencer if we do definitely go down the Axe route
 Cerberus.Zyph
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Maerina
By Cerberus.Zyph 2013-03-29 19:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Has there been a RUN/DNC joke yet?

It's tricky to rock a rune
To rock a rune and make girls swoon
It's tricky, it's tricky, tricky
(Tricky, tricky)

That was horrible, I'm sorry.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 19:01:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zyph said: »

(Tricky, tricky)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-29 19:13:31
Link | Citer | R

(Tricky, tricky)

That was horrible, I'm sorry.

Took me a sec but I LOL once I got it XD
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-03-29 19:37:55
Link | Citer | R

(Tricky, tricky)
Not big enough.
[+]
By Gimp 2013-03-29 19:46:02
Link | Citer | R

you still need a bigger one I've read it like 10 times and I don't get it.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 19:46:31
Link | Citer | R

Gimp said: »
you still need a bigger one I've read it like 10 times and I don't get it.

Can't be serious.
By Gimp 2013-03-29 19:47:28
Link | Citer | R

I am lol
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 19:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Run/dnc... Run DMC.... (linked it twice because the youtube video on this site is borked for me atm, so idk if it's borked for everybody, so you can just click the link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-O5IHVhWj0
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Gimp 2013-03-29 19:55:04
Link | Citer | R

yeah i'm a 90's kid but i've never heard that song looks like I didn't miss out on much as far as that song goes
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-29 19:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Gimp said: »
yeah i'm a 90's kid but i've never heard that song looks like I didn't miss out on much as far as that song goes

:O you take that back!

Also.. you couldnt find like a lyric video or something without that 7 min talking intro...
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-29 20:16:56
Link | Citer | R

How do you not like/appreciate Run DMC? Da hell!? Sorry for the derail but /mindblown here...
[+]
By Gimp 2013-03-29 20:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Just didn't appeal to me, the beat sucked and the lyrics didn't hold me heard better of both from that genre and that age

the vid was kind of entertaining though
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-30 09:02:03
Link | Citer | R

Enhancing skill: B-
Divine skill: B

Considering 35 enhancing spells and 1 divine spell...SE genius as usual.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-03-30 09:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Enhancing skill: B-
Divine skill: B

Considering 35 enhancing spells and 1 divine spell...SE genius as usual.
At least they have a Divine Spell to go with their Divine skill.
/em looks at Sch and Rdm.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-30 09:25:01
Link | Citer | R

Rdm has it because Dia was originally divine if I remember right, Sch because initially using spells from SJ was part of it's thing before it got a lot of spells added to it.

RUN probably has the B- enhancing to minimize rdm whining over run getting an enlight and endark effect.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 188 189 190