Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 188 189 190
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-31 09:27:09
Link | Citer | R

iirc, I parsed one of the sachets back when they came out, and had it at more like 1% proc rate. But I really doubt my sample size was large enough to absolutely exclude a 1% difference. I dunno where said parse is now, and I dunno if I posted anything on it so feel free to doubt it.

While the effect is useful, I find it hard to justify the use of an inventory slot solely for 1% element specific absorption. Buuut, maybe that equipment specific bag SE was talking about will fix that problem... <,<
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-04-01 03:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Rune fencer and Geomancer may be getting a mythic weapon or an adoulin form of RME this month (possibly more jobs if its a the latter). The weapon in the picture matches the great sword that was in the original artwork when Rune fence and Geomancer were first being shown. Anyone else notice this yet and have any thoughts? It's been 1 year since adoulin was released. Introducing new weapons could be SE's way to celebrate the anniversary.

By Zaeeth 2014-04-01 07:22:36
Link | Citer | R

@ Elbil
While I've not gotten to MB often as RUN, maybe once on accident, I don't recall what the SC was and which runes I was holding at the time of Lunge.

You mentioned your RNGs were using JR. What SC are they generating? I imagine you are 3/3 Tellus runes for Cali, correct? Thanks for the information.
By ClaudeusXI 2014-04-01 07:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Rune fencer and Geomancer may be getting a mythic weapon or an adoulin form of RME this month (possibly more jobs if its a the latter). The weapon in the picture matches the great sword that was in the original artwork when Rune fence and Geomancer were first being shown. Anyone else notice this yet and have any thoughts? It's been 1 year since adoulin was released. Introducing new weapons could be SE's way to celebrate the anniversary.

Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2014-04-01 08:02:11
Link | Citer | R

so perhaps the one in the update preview screenshots could possibly be the mythic? And then we have the other GS from the RUN illustrations, which could possibly be one of the weapons in the future for the new set of new Relic weapons that will come from Adoulin?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-01 08:23:04
Link | Citer | R

I find myself fervently hoping two things:

1) They ONLY introduce new RME-types for RUN and GEO, not all jobs and;

2) That they are NOT Mythics, but a new quest line all together.

I don't really have the playtime anymore to keep weapons updated for three jobs.

*frump*
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-04-01 08:34:37
Link | Citer | R

I am hoping they are adoulin exclusive weapons. I been getting my alt ready to make the geomancer mythic when it gets here. I have maybe 2 out of the 50 assaults done for captain so far and a bunch of the other things to get done... So if they are mythic weapons I have a lot of catching up to do. Either way exciting to have stuff for the new jobs!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-01 08:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I find myself fervently hoping two things:

1) They ONLY introduce new RME-types for RUN and GEO, not all jobs and;

2) That they are NOT Mythics, but a new quest line all together.

I don't really have the playtime anymore to keep weapons updated for three jobs.

*frump*

You make no sense, do you not want more content to do and work towards? It's not a race, especially with these population levels lol. Can't ever please people, before it was "THERE'S NO CONTENT!!!"
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-01 08:49:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I find myself fervently hoping two things: 1) They ONLY introduce new RME-types for RUN and GEO, not all jobs and; 2) That they are NOT Mythics, but a new quest line all together. I don't really have the playtime anymore to keep weapons updated for three jobs. *frump*
You make no sense, do you not want more content to do and work towards? It's not a race, especially with these population levels lol. Can't ever please people, before it was "THERE'S NO CONTENT!!!"

I have never complained that there isn't any content. I have constantly felt I have far too much to do and cannot keep up.

It's not a "race", no. But when you have the jobs you have to keep geared to stay relevant plus the jobs you really want to keep geared because you really like them, even if they're not ideal for current content (ie: Runefencer), it gets tough when you're trying to work, exercise and have anything resembling a life on top of things.

I want the content for GEO and RUN because they do not currently have that content.

Edit: Also, I say this not to be rude or sarcastic, but in all earnesty because I'd like to avoid a "state of the game" argument; after reviewing your profile, I'm not sure you're in a position to understand where I'm coming from here. You clearly have plenty of time to devote to obtaining any and all of your FFXI desires.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elbii
user: Elbii
By Bismarck.Elbii 2014-04-01 10:40:31
Link | Citer | R

Zaeeth said: »
@ Elbil
While I've not gotten to MB often as RUN, maybe once on accident, I don't recall what the SC was and which runes I was holding at the time of Lunge.

You mentioned your RNGs were using JR. What SC are they generating? I imagine you are 3/3 Tellus runes for Cali, correct? Thanks for the information.

Namas -> Wildfire = Darkness -> Earth Lunge = No more aura.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-01 11:51:58
Link | Citer | R

Here's a question for you all.

I know there are about 20 different ways at least to set up macros these days, everything from Spellcast to Gearcollector to whatever else.

How are you folks doing it? I've been playing run for all my solo activities recently, even when it's not ideal, trying to get myself more familiarized with all the aspects and nuances of the job.

The biggest issue I'm having is finding room and making all my macros work with the right gear. In another thread Kei went into some detail about using the macro book set shortcuts, but that still seems overly complicated to me depending on the situation.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-04-01 12:00:47
Link | Citer | R

You basically need to use either Spellcast or Gearswap or you're going to be at a huge disadvantage. Windower macros are okayish for most things, but don't work very well with precasts.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-01 12:05:52
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
You basically need to use either Spellcast or Gearswap or you're going to be at a huge disadvantage. Windower macros are okayish for most things, but don't work very well with precasts.

I've had good success with them on ranger/corsair preshots and the like. Precast isn't so much my concern, it's more wondering where people are putting everything. Multiple macro sets? Gkeys?

Spellcast does seem like a good solution for RUN more than a pure DD, where I feel it reacts too slowly, but I still have the complaint with it that it takes away too much control.

And I'm absolute rubbish at writing .xmls
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-04-01 12:58:06
Link | Citer | R

I haven't yet bothered to, but I was planning on implementing a part of my GearSwap script to recognize the most recently used rune and bind that to the macro I normally use for runes. Then, with the alias function, have it set so I can just type //ignis and then I'll be using Ignis on that macro until I use something else. Until then, I've been manually changing the macro based on what I'm fighting.

Also, you'd probably find GearSwap easier to write in than Spellcast, but that's just me.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-01 13:17:39
Link | Citer | R

It also fixed every speed-related issue spellcast had. My preshots, for instance, (successfully) swap in and out without me actually being able to see it happen

Can't imagine what you mean by a loss of control, though. You can set virtually anything as a trigger for any piece of equipment; if anything, your control is amplified several times over

On a related note, RUN is one of those jobs that's going to be at a tremendous disadvantage by not using it. With AF head and AF2 legs you're at capped casting speed, so most spells are going to be entirely too quick for you to manage manually
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-01 13:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
It also fixed every speed-related issue spellcast had. My preshots, for instance, (successfully) swap in and out without me actually being able to see it happen Can't imagine what you mean by a loss of control, though. You can set virtually anything as a trigger for any piece of equipment; if anything, your control is amplified several times over On a related note, RUN is one of those jobs that's going to be at a tremendous disadvantage by not using it. With AF head and AF2 legs you're at capped casting speed, so most spells are going to be entirely too quick for you to manage manually

Hrm. I'll look into it then. I've not touched GearSwap.

Maybe I should be clear. -I- am at a loss of control with spellcast because I don't write my own XMLs well, so I always end up splicing up other people's and I can never get everything quite how I want it and I end up in different gearsets than I want and such. (Don't ask for specifics, it was quite some time ago that I tried. I just felt it wasn't reliable enough). That and I hate feeling naked and helpless when updates hit.

That's why I ask though, because RUN does seem to be very difficult to manage without additional assistance from one of these things.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-01 16:44:04
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I haven't yet bothered to, but I was planning on implementing a part of my GearSwap script to recognize the most recently used rune and bind that to the macro I normally use for runes. Then, with the alias function, have it set so I can just type //ignis and then I'll be using Ignis on that macro until I use something else. Until then, I've been manually changing the macro based on what I'm fighting.
I'm doing something like this atm. Less the typing+alias. I'm a terrible typist, and play with a controller. <,<;

I have a rune macro in my home set with a gearswap command it in it, that uses whatever rune I last used. Or uses ignis as a default if I haven't used any others since login.

Then I have a macro that takes me to a different palette with macros for all runes. Then I hit one of those, which uses the rune, and sends me back to my home macro set.

Once the new rune type is set, I can just hit the rune macro in my home set.

I use a similar system on my WHM mule for bar spells(ele and status) and boost spells.
By SeekerStar 2014-04-02 10:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Am I missing an obvious reason to omit /NIN? I've tanked every AA(up to VD) and Marjami with zero issues. I can't imagine how any other subjob can keep up with Utsusemi at 80% Fast Cast. And it's not as if the physical hits I take here and there are devastating. ~1k DEF, 2k HP, 50% PDT/MDT without any special buffs

I would really love to know the gearsetup that allows this, please.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-04-02 12:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Maybe his posted pdt set? http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/320647
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-02 13:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Correct. AF+1 head/AF+1 legs for capped spellcasting(and M.Beads for Utsu)

On a related note, I was feeling really lazy and opted to tank Marjami /BLU last night. Had no atypical problems. Worse than /NIN, of course, but still quite manageable

I don't recommend trying that on AAs
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-04-02 14:02:33
Link | Citer | R

do you use any particular runes for most fights? Only ones I could think off off top of my head would be Tenebrae x3 + Pflug for MR around Charm phase and Earth x3 for Cloudsplitter phase.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-02 14:04:53
Link | Citer | R

Correct. I also use either Tenebrae or Lux against EV for Arrogance Incarnate.. though I don't recall which at the moment

I have a Burtgang/Aegis/Ochain PLD, so people don't let me RUN very often :(
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-02 14:11:18
Link | Citer | R

I wish they'd just make Battuta a passive trait with an 80% activation rate so it'd be less distinguishable from PLD '~'
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-02 15:05:11
Link | Citer | R

I wish they'd just make Battuta a passive trait with an 80% activation rate so it'd be less distinguishable from PLD '~'
That would be rather massive overkill. At this point, RUN would be defensively stronger than Ochain.

Ochain reduces dmg by -66% on block. If you have 100% block rate, then you're reducing overall dmg taken by 66%.

A parry is effectively -100% dmg. So if you parried 80% of the time, you'd be reducing overall dmg taken by 80%. Stack this with shadows, and you'd probably never get hit even over the course of a long NM fight. Parry also has the advantage of denying the mob TP, and preventing any kind of additional effect on melee hits.

The only remaining advantage of Ochain would be that when it's at 100% block rate, it's very stable dmg reduction. Even with 80% parry, there's still that 20% chance of taking full dmg. Which could be the hit that one shots you. Although, it's pretty easy to keep shadows up when the mob only manages to take one of them 20% of the time. Ask any THF/NIN eva tanking back in the day.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-02 15:10:49
Link | Citer | R

Even then, I'd still probably use PLD. The difference between physical mitigation would be relatively paltry, while magic mitigation would still be strongly in favor of Aegis. I'm just below 87.5% MDT without shell, which is a tremendous advantage against something like Cailimh that dispels every three seconds

Additionally, as much as I love mixing it up with RUN when I'm not overwhelmed by the collective sigh of my peers, things like Atonement and Sentinel are hard to argue with
[+]
By SeekerStar 2014-04-03 07:26:33
Link | Citer | R

Thank you kindly.

Looks like I am not gonna be trying that anytime soon myself, though...KB is a pain in my *** about drops. ><
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-03 09:48:30
Link | Citer | R

SeekerStar said: »
Thank you kindly. Looks like I am not gonna be trying that anytime soon myself, though...KB is a pain in my *** about drops. ><

Oh man don't even get me started on that. Got my wife's after ~20 KBs.

That was the first login campaign.

I'm still working on mine...
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-03 09:58:46
Link | Citer | R

I said this to my wife the other day about making a trait like Shield Mastery is for Paladin and that would, in turn, make Battutu something more akin to Palisade with Foil being the Reprisal(ish) spell.

She didn't immediately object or consider anything I said unreasonable, and given she's also a Burtgang/Aegis/Ochain Paladin who is fiersomely protective of her role in tanking, I'd say it's really not that out of the question in terms of opening up tanking options.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-04-03 13:27:11
Link | Citer | R

I'd be happy if they made a defensive mode JA (like Seigan, Yonin) that functions as Battuta-lite that you could keep up full time. I'd be extremely happy if they also added an offensive mode JA as well.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-03 14:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I'd be happy if they made a defensive mode JA (like Seigan, Yonin) that functions as Battuta-lite that you could keep up full time. I'd be extremely happy if they also added an offensive mode JA as well.

Yonin has too many penalties to me. I don't even find it all that useful on ninja; anything worth using ninja on (in my opinion) doesn't need it anymore. Similarly, when it comes to Seigan/Hasso, I think at this point it wouldn't hurt to get rid of the silly magic penalties on them. I see why they're there, but I don't see anything super-exploitable these days about removing them unless they're really afraid of sam/nin taking over the game or drk/sam actually casting a few spells.

If they expect RUN to tank at the same level as paladin, they really need to give it some traits/abilities/spells comprable to paladin.

Not that any job can tank properly these days without DDs regulating hate in some fashion. The enmity system is still so bad.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 188 189 190