Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 188 189 190
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-02-02 12:42:27
Link | Citer | R

Eh, I already use RUN as a sub on NIN somewhat regularly, it's a nice sub that has only a bit less damage than /WAR (assuming you don't want to use berserk/aggressor) and has all sorts of nice survival/utility skills that complement NIN's. But yeah lolsoloingstuff.

Accuracy bonus would've been nice, but I'm actually kinda hoping (likely in vain) that Vivacious Pulse will be subable. A direct self-cure is basically all it's missing from the soloist's handbook, heh. Well, maybe refresh at level 49!

I think a couple DNCs use it as a sub sometimes too, but I can't say much about that. I also subbed it on THF a couple times when I farmed Bhaflau II a few months ago. It's a really nice way to bring some light elemental damage to something that's ***out of luck otherwise.

-----

I think even if these changes don't fix the job, Vivacious Pulse is a nice survival ability to have even when playing DPS. As for Swipe, just gonna have to see how potent it is before deciding if it deserves to be tossed into the trash. I think it's only a good thing to increase the amount of magic attacks at your disposal though.
 Phoenix.Suji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2014-02-02 13:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Eh, I already use RUN as a sub on NIN somewhat regularly, it's a nice sub that has only a bit less damage than /WAR (assuming you don't want to use berserk/aggressor) and has all sorts of nice survival/utility skills that complement NIN's. But yeah lolsoloingstuff.
Can you share more about your experiences? Where has it been fitting in strategically? Why have you been choosing RUN/NIN? etc.

I was thinking it might be great for the fulcrum fight (assuming you have stunners) but I didn't get to test it yet.
By darthmaull 2014-02-02 13:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Suji you have it wrong. Kincard has been using Nin/Run. He is hoping for this stuff to be subable. I hope not.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-02-02 13:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, sorry about the confusion there, heh. My RUN's still got a lot of work before I'm taking it out to do stuff with. I don't really see the problem with making it subable since I imagine they'll be beefed up on the main job just like most of the abilities are. Well, maybe not swipe, but I'm guessing Pulse will be based on however many runes you have harbored.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2014-02-02 13:40:15
Link | Citer | R

Oops
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-02-08 04:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Has anyone tried to spreadsheet RUN/NIN? Best DPS I can get using Eminent Axe with Anahera Sword offhand is 861 with superbuffs. This is a fair bit crappier than I expected (I was hoping for at least 1000). I'm curious if any of you managed to get higher DPS and/or if possibly there are some spreadsheet bugs in the RUN/NIN+Ruinator calculations.

Ok firstly you don't use DW /NIN with super buffs, it'll fail to GS Reso spam with /SAM. The whole DW setup is based on needing one of two things, a form of non-elemental damage due to some sort of -damage mechanic (req) or not being superbuffed and needing extra attack from Ruin. I have a Kere / Eminent Axe setup on my WAR that I use whenever I'm not getting Chaos Roll + Min's and it's absolutely sick the numbers Ruin can put out without any external buffs. Reso has a -15% attack penalty on it, which if your not being buffed with Chaos + Min's will cause some craptacular numbers. Also RUN has some pretty bad Sword / Axe selection compared to jobs like BLU or WAR/BST. Actually RUN has shitty GS selection to which is a problem SE is going to have to address. It needs to be put on the delve sword at a minimum and SE needs to release a 119 GS that's actually reasonable to obtain for RUN.
By Daemythos 2014-02-09 15:08:11
Link | Citer | R

The guide is amazing, great work!

However, can anyone tell me where a RUN should be starting at gear wise when they hit 99?

The equipment list is amazing, but it really seems geared towards established players, and not players trying to establish an initial foot hold.

I just returned to the game after a 14 month away time (was seriously injured, long story) I'm really taking a shine to RUN but there is so much I haven't done or currently have the means to get.

I guess I need a baseline?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-10 10:17:06
Link | Citer | R

Easy baseline would be run af/Bayld gear/Sparks Gear/skirmish gear and beyond in my book.. Sparks gear is really really easy to get that would be a great start. Actually just farming the sparks set would be a great set to farm everything else you need really especially the eminent greatsword.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-10 10:21:20
Link | Citer | R

If you don't have other jobs already geared to farm stuff on then start mixing af, bayld and eminent gear, get thaumas asap and then start working up the chain with skirmish, delve, etc.
 Cerberus.Mirlikovir
Serveur: Cerberus
user: eoz41
By Cerberus.Mirlikovir 2014-02-13 11:06:42
Link | Citer | R

With all stuff coming from AA and the 2 others BC, gears set should be updated
By darthmaull 2014-02-17 17:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Can someone check or maybe has stats on the effect of Runes now. Looks like SE has boosted the effectiveness of the correct rune to ailment/enfeeble. I went out to test swipe vs an Uragnite and no matter how many times it did Venom Shell, if I had just one Sulpor up it would Always miss. The second it was off Venom Shell landed. It landed at least sometimes prior to the update.
By Enuyasha 2014-02-18 04:05:11
Link | Citer | R

so ive broken down and started the pilgrimaje back to FFXI while im bored in XIV, is there a gearswap file for RUN and other jobs somewhere on FFXIAH? I dont have my old spellcasts and if i did theyd be really out of date.

derp: found the thread i was looking for :<
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Serveur: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2014-02-18 06:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Anyone figure what the relic augments entail? Elemental Sforzo duration on the body's probably a given considering what the 2hr augments have been for most of the other jobs. Any idea what the Sleight of Sword (hands) or Inspiration (legs) give? Haven't gotten the head or feet yet.
 Shiva.Tedril
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-02-18 12:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Vivacious Pulse: any good? numbers pl0x?
By Ophannus 2014-02-18 13:26:14
Link | Citer | R

Swordplay testing using /checkparam indicates that the JA grants a gradually increasing bonus to Acc/Eva. For RUN main, the bonuses increase by ~6/tick up to a bonus of +60acc/+60eva. For /RUN the bonus is +3/tick up to the same 60acc/60eva cap but doing so in twice the time. Assuming eating a crit or severe damage resets this bonus but have not checked that.

/RUN49

(Sorry I didnt show my /checkparam before using the JA, my baseline was 508acc/538eva

RUN49 Main
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-02-18 15:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Actually RUN has shitty GS selection to which is a problem SE is going to have to address. It needs to be put on the delve sword at a minimum and SE needs to release a 119 GS that's actually reasonable to obtain for RUN.

Looks like GS selection is getting to be less and less of a problem. Crobaci+2 is now here as the easy to obtain 119 solution (seems like with any half-decent augment it will be quite strong), so there's that.

Even beyond that, I don't really find lack of GS options to be that big of an issue. Yeah, there is no RME weapon for RUN, I get that, but:

1) We do already have two drops from high level battlefields, including one from arguably the easiest fight of all of them (AA GK). I don't think it's particularly unreasonable to ask you to spam some 6-man Galka fights to get a top tier weapon. If you don't have the setup for VD, Difficult isn't THAT demanding and has some party flexibility. Hell, I made a longtime DRK pretty jealous when I got Tungl because in the course of one drop I got an item that's competitive with his 119 relic GS that cost him a LOT more effort/time/money - in that sense we have a big-time shortcut button to top tier weapons.

2) It seems obvious that we're set to get a 119 Delve GS from Marjami Delve pretty soon, given the pattern that (a) every other WKR weapon has had a corresponding 119 weapon from the Delve counterpart, and (b) it's a pretty logical guess that Marjami/Yorcia will show up fairly soon since the currently existing 3 slots for 119 Relic armor use Morimar/Foret/Ceizak delve boss items - kind of a natural logical progression that body/legs will use items from the next 2 Delve bosses. We may not be too far away...

3) In the meantime, there are stupidly easy to obtain placeholder item level options that are far from terrible weapons: Senbaak (it's barely over 1M currently on my server), Eminent.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-02-20 13:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Looks like GS selection is getting to be less and less of a problem. Crobaci+2 is now here as the easy to obtain 119 solution (seems like with any half-decent augment it will be quite strong), so there's that.

That was prior to Skirmish III.

Quote:
1) We do already have two drops from high level battlefields, including one from arguably the easiest fight of all of them (AA GK). I don't think it's particularly unreasonable to ask you to spam some 6-man Galka fights to get a top tier weapon. If you don't have the setup for VD, Difficult isn't THAT demanding and has some party flexibility. Hell, I made a longtime DRK pretty jealous when I got Tungl because in the course of one drop I got an item that's competitive with his 119 relic GS that cost him a LOT more effort/time/money - in that sense we have a big-time shortcut button to top tier weapons.

2) It seems obvious that we're set to get a 119 Delve GS from Marjami Delve pretty soon, given the pattern that (a) every other WKR weapon has had a corresponding 119 weapon from the Delve counterpart, and (b) it's a pretty logical guess that Marjami/Yorcia will show up fairly soon since the currently existing 3 slots for 119 Relic armor use Morimar/Foret/Ceizak delve boss items - kind of a natural logical progression that body/legs will use items from the next 2 Delve bosses. We may not be too far away...

3) In the meantime, there are stupidly easy to obtain placeholder item level options that are far from terrible weapons: Senbaak (it's barely over 1M currently on my server), Eminent.

Take a minute and go research how important +skill is right now. Then go look over RUN's weapon selection and note what the +skill is on each of them. If it's not +242 then your in for a world of hurt on anything difficult.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-20 13:53:26
Link | Citer | R

I'll update the weapon (and armor) section at some point. Still trudging through waves of BLU ***at the minute, so it could be a while. Until then, take saevel and everyone's advice and look for a 242 gsword.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-02-21 13:17:26
Link | Citer | R

SE released a comment saying that Vivacious Pulse with Tenebrae up restores MP.

Did some testing on it. Restored 131 MP with x3 Tenebrae. Amount restored did not seem to vary with any MP gear.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2014-02-21 19:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
SE released a comment saying that Vivacious Pulse with Tenebrae up restores MP.

Did some testing on it. Restored 131 MP with x3 Tenebrae. Amount restored did not seem to vary with any MP gear.

Well that's good and adds more usefulness to VP

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2014-02-22 14:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Haven't seen too much talk about Vivacious Pulse other than what the devs mentioned about Tenebrae Pulse.

After seeing some results of people using Pulse with differing numbers than what I got I decided to go try it out myself. There is a modifier on pulse and what the mod is depends on what runes you have active and how many:

Light = CHR
Fire = STR
Water = MND
Thunder = INT
Ice = DEX
Wind = VIT
Earth = AGI

I would've just said the element's premiere stat but some of them are flipped lol. Tenebrae Pulse I was unable to track down if there is one at all. Tried using HP/MP gear, iLevel for stat vomit, cure potency, cure potency recieved, and brew to try to break some threshold. But inside of Abyssea with no atmas and all cruor buffs was getting 209 HP/MP restored. If anyone else has any insights I would like to read them.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-02-23 04:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Only 242 GS currently is the drop from superman II.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Mes%27yohi_Sword

The other two contenders are +228 even though they are iLevel 119.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Tunglmyrkvi

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Crobaci_%2B2

This would be a problem for DRK but they have Rag which is +242 skill, +40 acc and +14% crit along with the 13% 2.5x proc.
By darthmaull 2014-02-23 09:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone found out anything new on Vivacious Pulse yet? To me it looks like it heals in a specific order. I'm still not sure what if anything boosts the potentcy. This is all outside of Abby of course.
Ignis seems to heal the most. I keep getting 425 or 426 no matter what I try. I'm in 4/5 relic af, 1/5 run af +1. The rest of the order goes like this. Gelus, Flabra, Tellus, Sulpor, Unda, Lux and Tenebrae giving the least amount of Hp but it gives me 116 to 123 mp.

Does anyone else have any other numbers or hidden stats or anything on this?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-23 09:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Ignis heals based on str
Gelus dex
Flabra vit
Tellus agi
Sulpor int
Unda mnd
Lux chr

Tenebrae heals with no modifier but gives mp as well in return.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-02-23 15:47:25
Link | Citer | R

Kind of lme that if you want the best potency for each rune you would have to make gearsets for each element =(
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-24 06:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Just use whatever you already have in inventory, no need to go out of your way to find the best for all stats(who has the inventory?)
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-02-24 12:06:21
Link | Citer | R

Not saying you should. Just kind of counterproductive for SE to make a JA with multiple different modifiers when inventory is already pretty crappy for people as is.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-24 12:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Welcome to the world of of a blu where every spell has a gear set based on attribute mods. Yeah being 80/80 gets old on Run I just go with what I carry unless tenbrae could be increased greatly more MP seems worth a few spots...
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 188 189 190