Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 188 189 190
By Zecilus 2013-07-31 20:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Currently leveling RUN and I'm a bit curious, can anyone confirm if the One for All JA in which a magic shield is given to all party members within an AOE for 30 secs lasts for the full 30 seconds regardless of the amount of magic damage incurred or does One for All work like Rampart, in which it can either last for a set duration or until a maximum damage amount is absorbed, then the effect wears off.

If it's the latter, can anyone confirm the formula that determines the amount of magic damage absorbed?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-01 05:52:35
Link | Citer | R

I don't know how much damage can absorb specifically, but it does function like a magic stoneskin, disappearing after reaching its max amount.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-08-01 07:36:27
Link | Citer | R

So i've been using /drk and having a bit of fun with it, and pretty happy with all the hate generation/utility with the sub when tanking. Anyone else tried /drk tanking?, I use it in legion and love it.

The one thing I found the most interesting, is that you can get /drk absorbs to land. I went to adoulin and got ionis and tried there and absorbs land no problem on random zone monsters.

I popped a delve NM and tried it on him without my macc set except for my hedera cotehardie on me and landed 5 out of 11 absorbs which I found surprising that any stick on a NM with just 150dark magic skill+ionis+10macc on the body.

22pt stat absorbs with /drk is pretty sweet and seems to generate alot of enmity too.
I need to dig up the rest of my macc+dark magic gear and see if that improves landing rate significantly.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-01 08:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Absorbs are a waste of dps most of the time...and anyway drk is only a good sub in short, safe fights. On delve it does not come close to sam. Would certainly be the sub of choice for VW though.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-08-01 08:30:22
Link | Citer | R

Most absorb spells are only 1 CE 640 VE(for reference Flash is 180/1280.) So they aren't terribly good enmity spells in the first place.

If you need to use /drk spells for hate, then the ones to use would be Stun(180/1280), Absorb-TP(320/320), and Aspir(320/0). Also, none of these spells got hit by the april updates enmity adjustments.

But really, RUN's enmity arsenal is good enough that I don't think you'd need to bother with the slower casting spells(Aspir/absorb-tp). Between flash, foil, and stun(assumimg you /DRK at all) cycling, you should be good. RUN's recasts should be very good with Inspiration.

Also, Foil is a disgustingly good enmity spell. 320 CE 880 VE after the april adjustment. And it's self targeted, so if can be used to build hate on multiple mobs on your hate list. I reallly wish it could be subbed... Whereas reprisal got 0 CE 640 VE. eff off SE... -.-;
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-08-01 10:32:17
Link | Citer | R

So far i've been sticking to Stun/Flash and foil spamming. Absorb TP is usually something I have tried post-stuncast that feels the most appropriate time.

The option to stun/weaponbash after you get hit by maxhp down or buy time for others to get healed after severe damaging aoe attacks is mainly why I prefer /drk for the access to stun/weaponbash.
/sam doesnt bring that option to the table, and that bothers me for some content like legion where you can help completely shut down NMs while tanking because you now have the option to stun at your discretion.

My testing and praise for /drk is mainly that it is *sometimes* a better option than /sam and another viable subjob, moreso if you arent trying to win the parse, and want to be a tank with the most options to keep yourself and others alive. /drk lets me solo/duo/lowman stuff that would otherwise be less safe with /sam because of the lack of stun/weaponbash.

On another note reagrding /drk, i've found it best and safest to use Last resort as much as possible as long as you chain Battuta -> Swordplay to cover the 15% lower defense during Last Resort's duration.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-01 10:57:04
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
So far i've been sticking to Stun/Flash and foil spamming. Absorb TP is usually something I have tried post-stuncast that feels the most appropriate time.

The option to stun/weaponbash after you get hit by maxhp down or buy time for others to get healed after severe damaging aoe attacks is mainly why I prefer /drk for the access to stun/weaponbash.
/sam doesnt bring that option to the table, and that bothers me for some content like legion where you can help completely shut down NMs while tanking because you now have the option to stun at your discretion.

My testing and praise for /drk is mainly that it is *sometimes* a better option than /sam and another viable subjob, moreso if you arent trying to win the parse, and want to be a tank with the most options to keep yourself and others alive. /drk lets me solo/duo/lowman stuff that would otherwise be less safe with /sam because of the lack of stun/weaponbash.

On another note reagrding /drk, i've found it best and safest to use Last resort as much as possible as long as you chain Battuta -> Swordplay to cover the 15% lower defense during Last Resort's duration.

Interesting I might have to give it a shot if that does allow Last resort maybe my resolutions would stop making me cry and wish I was on my drk again lol.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-05 17:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Praise Matsui! RUN has a shittun of STR Attack and TWO new easily accessible PDT/haste hybrid pieces. Hail SatanMatsui!

also: with chocolazitli mask being one of the best evasion hybrid hats atm (to me, i havent seen the uk hat post-update) and the massive other updates RUN can cap gearhaste really easy in a decent evasion hybrid build.

Nermind allat, uk hat is still the best TP/hybrid evasion TP hat :<
 Asura.Natenn
Serveur: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-08-06 06:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Yea, looks like AF hands are best TP/PDT/MDT piece now, pretty sure dux +1's 1% pdt isnt beating DEF+41, all the stats+, and haste 4%
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-08-06 06:33:17
Link | Citer | R

in any case anyone know new best Hybrid/DMG taken/TP set? RUN is badass w/ Battuta up, i was pulling like 4~5 Crawlers in weald and letting parry spikes wreck em, was amazing.

Also lets see new WS set i know Whirlpool mask > all for reso now
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-08-06 06:38:08
Link | Citer | R

Heres my current sets
ItemSet 310259
Hands are Runeist mitons, all delve gear is r15

DMG-%
ItemSet 310260
Body and hands Runeist AF, Dark ring 5% PDT and MDT
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-08-06 06:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Need AH to add the new stuff :( ill update it when its there, not sure how a few PDT stacks up vs all the huge DEF and eva/m.eva as well as other HP+ stuff.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-08-06 07:22:55
Link | Citer | R

Extra 40 Def on AF legs (including 5 from vit) should be roughly = -2%PDT at 800 base def for attack based physical damage and around -3% at 600 base def.
All before factoring in the other stats on af.

The extra def on AF feet is roughly = -2% to -3%PDT depending on base def vs dux.

(Going by the stuff in the iiPunch thread regarding def vs pdt)
 Bismarck.Demitrious
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Demitrius
By Bismarck.Demitrious 2013-08-06 14:36:34
Link | Citer | R

I have a very good question. Last night I thought I saw an Augment on the Beorc Sword and I'm not sure if I really did, seeing as I was very tired last night. so I was wondering if it could be augmented.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-08-06 22:08:52
Link | Citer | R

massive amounts of DEF vs a few PDT hngggg
By Enuyasha 2013-08-06 22:41:01
Link | Citer | R

The way i worked it out with dux body/head mollusca mantle, Dring, prefect dark ring, twilight neck, pyakuereghjhfgj belt, 2/5 AF (hands legs), thurandaut feet you could get 43% PDT and just need 3% more haste to cap gearhaste. :<
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-08-06 23:20:11
Link | Citer | R

I been looking for dux + head/body awhile can never find
By dedrummer000 2013-08-06 23:48:39
Link | Citer | R

just checkin this out today, havent logged on, but does some1 have a link to the new AF? i wanna see and dont wanna sift through pages upon pages of forums.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-08-07 08:16:19
Link | Citer | R

dedrummer000 said: »
just checkin this out today, havent logged on, but does some1 have a link to the new AF? i wanna see and dont wanna sift through pages upon pages of forums.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117312-FINDINGS-08-05-2013-Version-Update
Third post down.
 Shiva.Tedril
Serveur: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-07 15:47:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm really sad about the gear, looks like se wants them to be a solo job still... Lame as hell, got enough of those. Really lacking in stp to make a difference. I was hoping the new gear would help the gear out alot but it didn't change much.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-07 16:06:39
Link | Citer | R

The af is really good, I don't understand what you're complaining for. It's great for its ilvl.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-07 16:10:36
Link | Citer | R

Several phenomenal defensive options (particularly hybrid ones), some powerful boosts to job abilities, a hat with in excess of 7% fast cast...

yeah, terrible set.
[+]
By darthmaull 2013-08-07 16:17:45
Link | Citer | R

He mentioned stp. He probably tries to play it as a dd strictly. This job doesn't need stp. I like the AF and I'm seeing as long as you maintain your buffs and have someone that can cure you for those "oh ***" moments, RUN is holding it's own. I'm still not fully geared yet but I like what I can do now with it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-07 16:19:02
Link | Citer | R

After the weapon update my RUN has been capable of holding its own with other DDs even better than it already could while providing the myriad defensive benefits that it brings to the table. +228 base attack sort of rectified most of RUN's major flaw: attack starvation.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evihime
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-08-07 16:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Since im lazy as fuk to search it, any1 can share a good spellcast? :D
By Enuyasha 2013-08-07 18:38:34
Link | Citer | R

with the hat, prvails, orunmila, liq, thaumas, and all the rest of the FC options, do we even need a FC+5 mirke body >_>; was kinda hoping i'd get to make a barrage+1/whatever COR uses that for mirke >_>;
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-08-07 18:46:39
Link | Citer | R

If you can find a nebula hpl. +1 it's also fast cast +5. Then you can do whatever with your Mirke.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-08-07 18:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Body still has uses in max recast reduction set, I stuck +emnity on mine too for foil/flash
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2013-08-07 22:07:37
Link | Citer | R

So, the AF pants along with enhanced pflug from the feet with 3x Tellus + Barthunder made me 100% resist all stuns from ironclad auto-attacks in legion, wasn't stunned a single time from thunderstrike or the one fulmination that got off of the khim in another chamber, and also was never stunned by the behemoth's thunderbolt in another chamber. I'm really having a blast being immune to certain debuffs. Also outright resisted both the curse and poison of Nerve Gas with 3x Lux/Pflug -> and swap to 3 Sulpor + Barpoison in the Hydra chamber. I pretty much just swapped out Manibozho 15 legs for legion chambers since I know all the enfeebles that are coming from each mob. While other DDs sit there stunned forever I'm still able to reso the night away. Also was taking 33~300 damage from Gates of Hades in DD gear with the proper runes/bar/etc. Pretty awesome. Sure, Legion is a bit outdated of an event, but the synth materials are still semi-relevant.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-08-07 23:31:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ranthozyk said: »
So, the AF pants along with enhanced pflug from the feet with 3x Tellus + Barthunder made me 100% resist all stuns from ironclad auto-attacks in legion, wasn't stunned a single time from thunderstrike or the one fulmination that got off of the khim in another chamber, and also was never stunned by the behemoth's thunderbolt in another chamber. I'm really having a blast being immune to certain debuffs. Also outright resisted both the curse and poison of Nerve Gas with 3x Lux/Pflug -> and swap to 3 Sulpor + Barpoison in the Hydra chamber. I pretty much just swapped out Manibozho 15 legs for legion chambers since I know all the enfeebles that are coming from each mob. While other DDs sit there stunned forever I'm still able to reso the night away. Also was taking 33~300 damage from Gates of Hades in DD gear with the proper runes/bar/etc. Pretty awesome. Sure, Legion is a bit outdated of an event, but the synth materials are still semi-relevant.
Working as "useless" intended :3
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 188 189 190