Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 188 189 190
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-19 15:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
kenshynofshiva said: »
One word "Reflect" as a merit-able spell would make me happy as hell lol.

RUN really needs some sort of PDT down ability or spell better than phalanx and some manner of fast cast without it it's hard for me to fine a serious spot for it. Other than a niche fight or support atm in my book. Still fun at 99 to fight umbrils with tho...
reflect would only work if it made the spell non elemental when returned, too much absorbing elements in this game

all the real testing has been done, run isnt going to be much till they bring in af3, anyone do further testing on foil?

Only thing I've really noticed on Foil is that it makes enemy TP moves miss, and it's very good at it...assuming you can time it right and the mob uses said tp move within 45 secs.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-19 15:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Organic said: »
I like the idea of counter, riposte, and some kind of reflect.

I think a simple solution that wouldn't be that broken would be some sort of increased parry rate for RUN...you could calculate it out as the same amount of mitigation a NIN typical gets with its shadows

as it stands now, it really seems like they need to flesh RUN out more on the tank side if they expect it to be an efficient tank

...which just made me think, I hope they don't consider giving RUN cure spells...let PLD have that, they need to think of something new

At first I wanted RUN to get cures, but now...no, I don't think so, RUN is something different. What I WOULD like to see happen is see RUN added to chainmails, Haubergeon, Hauberk, Perle set, etc, and add more new Chain and Scale mails. I'd also like to see RUN get Ogier's as a special case, also removed from Orvail, as no sane RUN would use it, and added to Kariyeh.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-19 15:13:35
Link | Citer | R

Add put on Rag while we dreaming >.>....
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-19 15:18:26
Link | Citer | R

BALANCE
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-19 15:20:57
Link | Citer | R

I use orvail body on run.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-19 15:30:11
Link | Citer | R

Orvail body is a pretty good refresh idle piece for RUN right now. Looks fugly as hell, but the perks are worth it.
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2013-04-19 15:34:29
Link | Citer | R

Orvail legs are worth it for the fast cast too if you don't have w.legs augment at 5% already
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-04-19 16:27:18
Link | Citer | R

Chyula said: »
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Went ahead and added the ring and Siegel Sash into the itemset. And, for the lulz;

ItemSet 297331
ItemSet 297330

Kinda hoping there'll be some Enhancing Magic+ AF/Relic/Empy for RUN for the Phalanx Set. :/

I'm just going to add this. Holy ***inventory space do you have it?.

I don't. I really don't. I just carry my TP, EVA, Fast Cast, Lunge and WS gear on me. That still eats up a lot of space. I end up having to send 8 items to myself, then have those load in dbox, then send another 8 to myself to have room. :/ cause what is it...

Great Sword
Swordx2
grip
ammox4
headx6
bodyx6
handsx6
legsx6
feetx6 (hermes yay...)
ringsx9
earringsx7
backx2
waistx5
neckx6

That's 67/80 right there. Not counting meds and such. Nor enhancing+ for Phalanx. They -really- need to either let us macro in gear from satchel/sack or increase inventory space
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-19 16:30:45
Link | Citer | R

I carry tp, ws, lunge, fastcast, pdt and mdt. No space for enhancing gear(not in bag, rather in general..), and can't see a use for evasion set for what I do now.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-19 17:16:42
Link | Citer | R

On a different note, anyone has tried to solo Isgebind? Thought about giving it a shot some time in the near future.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-04-19 18:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I carry tp, ws, lunge, fastcast, pdt and mdt. No space for enhancing gear(not in bag, rather in general..), and can't see a use for evasion set for what I do now.

Same thing I'm doing right now. Wish I could cram some other stuff in, though. ;
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-04-20 10:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said: »

I think a simple solution that wouldn't be that broken would be some sort of increased parry rate for RUN...you could calculate it out as the same amount of mitigation a NIN typical gets with its shadows

as it stands now, it really seems like they need to flesh RUN out more on the tank side if they expect it to be an efficient tank

...which just made me think, I hope they don't consider giving RUN cure spells...let PLD have that, they need to think of something new

At first I wanted RUN to get cures, but now...no, I don't think so, RUN is something different. What I WOULD like to see happen is see RUN added to chainmails, Haubergeon, Hauberk, Perle set, etc, and add more new Chain and Scale mails. I'd also like to see RUN get Ogier's as a special case, also removed from Orvail, as no sane RUN would use it, and added to Kariyeh.

Orvail body has refresh 2mp/tic on it. The pants have 5% fast cast. I use those for fast cast/idle set... :<
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-20 11:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Phoenix.Kojo said: »

Orvail body has refresh 2mp/tic on it. The pants have 5% fast cast. I use those for fast cast/idle set... :<

I was gonna say the same thing when I saw the thread pop up on the main page, but you beat me lol.
 Cerberus.Firinia
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Firinia
By Cerberus.Firinia 2013-04-20 11:28:06
Link | Citer | R

I dunno if anyone else mentioned it since I'm too lazy to read through all pages of stuff for the findings but... did anyone else notice that there's an extra, unusable rune on the wheel when you use a Rune Enhancement? One of my friends pointed out that there was an extra rune on the wheel, and sure enough, there's 1 rune on there that we can't use.

In my friend's words, it's the rune that looks like a 2 with a line through it. Maybe they get the ability to use it in a later update/quest similar to how SCH got Klimaform?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-20 11:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
but you beat me
Actually, 4 people beat you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-04-20 11:34:46
Link | Citer | R

Totally missed the other replies ~.~ Sorry. I'll remember to have my coffee before I read the forums.
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-20 11:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
but you beat me
Actually, 4 people beat you.

Whatever lol
 Sylph.Organic
Serveur: Sylph
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-04-20 12:02:25
Link | Citer | R

What I think would be great for RUN would be something akin to Flash but for other debuffs...for instance, give them Mute as a short duration silence, something for paralyze (Cripple?), and maybe something like Stop for slow.

Make them all divine magic.

To me, something like Mute would make the most logical sense for what the job is like (expert against casters)

Make it fast casting and generate a good deal of enmity
By Gimp 2013-04-20 12:19:14
Link | Citer | R

The effects would have to be pretty high to justify using them and probably cost quite a bit of mp, even then it may not be used because of the cost to duration to effect issue. Para II for rdm had this problem.

Enfeebling is great for decent length to long fights because of how much damage mitigation and slip damage you generate; shorter fights don't justify enfeebling.

I think more abilities or spells dealing withtop.mmitigation to complement foil would be OK. I'm not sure what exactly off the top of my head besides. Stat boosts, a shikokyo effect from offensivetop moves, etc.

Also androids auto correct is a piece of ***sorry p
 Fenrir.Soulstealers
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Soulstealers 2013-04-20 16:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Would a Reprisal type spell for Parrying would help RUN out somewhat.
If RUN had access to Temper and Haste that would be also great.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-20 16:18:22
Link | Citer | R

Don't really care for haste, but do want temper.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-04-20 16:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Don't really care for haste, but do want temper.
Temper would be amazing yes. VERY VERY VERY much so.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-20 16:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Think could get up to 15% DA as run with gear mentioned above. We can dream.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2013-04-21 07:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Think could get up to 15% DA as run with gear mentioned above. We can dream.

Having haste spell wouldn't be bad honestly, but now Temper is an even better thought.
By Tphantom 2013-04-21 07:28:33
Link | Citer | R

Well!! i dont thik we will ever get a Temper alike spell on Run, SE is Aiming the job as a magic resistant Tank job, so the adjustments are coming that way, Temper and those armor will make it more on the DD side, which as far as now they dont want that, think of this as the 2004-2008 ninja, not ment to be DD but used as.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2013-04-21 07:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Have you guys ever wonder if RUN was given a couple of existing job traits ( or 1 brand new one)

I'm curious about what JTs would suit RUN in some way

I was thinking either "Auto-Refresh" or FastCast, but maybe not autorefresh because they already have auto-regen.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-21 07:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Evasion bonus would fit.

Attack and defense bonus on the other hand would be needed.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-21 09:31:15
Link | Citer | R

In order to keep generating enough hate from magic casters, to be an effective magic tank, RUN would need a ton of multi-attack, so Temper would be somewhat ideal. We already have plenty of multi-attack from equipment, ranging from DA to QA. My DA is at +21 TA+8, and QA+3, before subjobs get factored in. I could potentially squeeze in a bit more DA/TA, but for my gearset right now, it's not worth it.

As for the potential Job Traits, i think SE needs to toss in an Evasion and Defence bonus, although i'm skeptical of the DB, since we already got MDB in it's place. Counter I, i think would be somewhat imperative, but again, not likely unless we got a weaker 5% trait, or they named it something else.

I would also like to see stronger Inquartata and Tenacity traits, or atleast merit their effects. If we're going with new traits, something like "Double Lunge" (which would double up the power of the first rune when using lunge, because all 3 would be insane)

Somewhat like DRG, RUN *could* get JA that work opposite of the jump effects, increasing enmity instead of decreasing it. We could also recieve a ws damage bonus trait, because i just don't see SE giving RUN attack Bonus.
 Sylph.Organic
Serveur: Sylph
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-04-21 10:20:15
Link | Citer | R

I would love to see RUN get Temper if only for the tears that would flow from RDMs
 Asura.Baroma
Serveur: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2013-04-21 14:03:00
Link | Citer | R

I had a blast in abbysea worm party lvling it. I did Atma of Beyond VV and MC. the Lunge damage was amazing with the MAB. and also with /sam i did sekka SS >> GS >> Distortion followed by Gelus Lunge for MB 3380 dmg with no added MB gear besides the atma :) Had the biggest grin on my face!
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 188 189 190