Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 188 189 190
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-17 13:44:59
Link | Citer | R

For a FastCast neck: Orunmila's torque
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-17 13:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Was removed along with prolix cause it's bad for Foil and Flash.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-04-17 14:16:29
Link | Citer | R

why is that, just curious.

Thank you.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-17 14:17:20
Link | Citer | R

Foil and flash are supposed to be the highest enmity tools of run. So, it's obviously countereffective to use enmity- gear.
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2013-04-17 14:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Foil and flash are supposed to be the highest enmity tools of run. So, it's obviously countereffective to use enmity- gear.

Does it matter that much if you can offset the enmity with + gear in other slots while retaining the fast cast ability?
 Asura.Solara
Serveur: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-04-17 14:47:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kuraneko said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Does it matter that much if you can offset the enmity with + gear in other slots while retaining the fast cast ability?

You'd have to stack the other slots after capping out your fast cast and haste to maximize recast reduction. You could probably make it work though with the right gear set.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2013-04-17 18:34:17
Link | Citer | R

Definitely having fun with this job, not bad considering just DD atmas; testing it's potential as a DD I was parsing only behind a Bandwagnarok DRK and Ukko's WAR. I don't expect it to be top tier, not saying that, but definitely pleasantly surprised.
[+]
 Asura.Loneshadow
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2013-04-18 01:57:28
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone else think SE made a mistake not putting RUN on Serpentes gear? I mean. We get Orvail and Teal and some other mage stuff, why not Serpentes? :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-04-18 02:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Went ahead and added the ring and Siegel Sash into the itemset. And, for the lulz;

ItemSet 297331
ItemSet 297330

Kinda hoping there'll be some Enhancing Magic+ AF/Relic/Empy for RUN for the Phalanx Set. :/
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-04-18 02:34:46
Link | Citer | R

can anybody post some gameplay of runefencer in some endgame events?

don't have the expansion and have yet to see any 99 rnf yet. just kinda wondering what the gameplay is like lol.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-04-18 22:46:41
Link | Citer | R

So I popped my 1hr on Rune Fencer today, but a worm in Abyssea - La Theine landed Rasp on me during the effect duration. >_>
 Ragnarok.Taereon
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2013-04-18 22:50:09
Link | Citer | R

working as intended.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-19 00:48:57
Link | Citer | R

Oce+1 or Nemetona for TP head? Which is better?
By Enuyasha 2013-04-19 00:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Oce+1 or Nemetona for TP head? Which is better?
pretty sure the verdict was nemetoma if you dont have toci's :<
By Gimp 2013-04-19 01:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Was thinking oce since Run will be spending a lot more time in tp phase compared to other 2handed jobs and the dDex benefits it provides to white numbers

edit: even if it didn't I still don't see it using nemetoma unless crit was very high
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-19 08:28:52
Link | Citer | R

deleted....
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-19 09:02:50
Link | Citer | R

Personally, i use a Sigyn's Visor in my head slot for RUN, adding TA+2 to my TP phase. If i had the Skadi's Visor +1, i could swap out Thaumas Kecks for Calmecac Trousers, and still maintain my haste, while adding more DA/TA into my TP phase. The problem is that i would take a hit to my accuracy, although with full buffs and many acc gear options available, it *may* not be an issue.
By Chyula 2013-04-19 09:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Went ahead and added the ring and Siegel Sash into the itemset. And, for the lulz;

ItemSet 297331
ItemSet 297330

Kinda hoping there'll be some Enhancing Magic+ AF/Relic/Empy for RUN for the Phalanx Set. :/

I'm just going to add this. Holy ***inventory space do you have it?.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-19 09:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Yall so crazy lol....
 Odin.Vikter
Serveur: Odin
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2013-04-19 10:15:05
Link | Citer | R

im so glad they are changing the recast timers. now what they need to do is give RUN dread spikes.... and/or some ability that changes their weapon to a different type like blunt, piercing or slashing at a moments notice regardless of whats equip. think that would help with holding hate. more parry traits and a JA for parrying would be cool but wishful thinking.

edit:give RUN weapon bash!!!
By Gimp 2013-04-19 10:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Personally, i use a Sigyn's Visor in my head slot for RUN, adding TA+2 to my TP phase. If i had the Skadi's Visor +1, i could swap out Thaumas Kecks for Calmecac Trousers, and still maintain my haste, while adding more DA/TA into my TP phase. The problem is that i would take a hit to my accuracy, although with full buffs and many acc gear options available, it *may* not be an issue.

Touche I keep forgetting about run on skadi! Had a knee jerk response moment
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-19 10:35:55
Link | Citer | R

One word "Reflect" as a merit-able spell would make me happy as hell lol.

RUN really needs some sort of PDT down ability or spell better than phalanx and some manner of fast cast without it it's hard for me to fine a serious spot for it. Other than a niche fight or support atm in my book. Still fun at 99 to fight umbrils with tho...
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-19 10:39:43
Link | Citer | R

Things I'd like to see added would be Reflect, a Riposte spell (equivalent to Reprisal), and a Counter I trait (about 10%) to RUN. I'd also like to see Foil's duration extended or its MP cost reduced.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-04-19 11:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said: »
Things I'd like to see added would be Reflect, a Riposte spell (equivalent to Reprisal), and a Counter I trait (about 10%) to RUN. I'd also like to see Foil's duration extended or its MP cost reduced.

I think counter and Reflect are probably asking too much of the current battle system and balance crew. I'm not necessarily saying they wouldn't be welcome or some degree of reasonable, but they're not something upon which I'd hold my breath.

A "riposte" spell equivalent to Reprisal would be awesome and very reasonable, I think. And the same for Foil. It really does need it's duration increased or MP reduced. Embolden that sucker and it's gone in a blink. There are Elvaan trying to play this job, dammit.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-19 11:50:54
Link | Citer | R

Counter isn't that unreasonable, there are counter-attacks in Fencing, this is a tank job that doesn't get heavy armor nor 100% block shadows, MNK gets 2 Counter traits, if RUN got just 1 Counter trait, it'd be neither broken nor unfair to MNK. Reflect, as much as I'd love to see it, seems pretty difficult, and potentially useless, think Turul, some mobs absorb the very element they cast, I'd suggest either a JA, much like Celes' Runic command or a spell, we'll call it Osmose for now, which converts magic damage to MP.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-04-19 12:05:37
Link | Citer | R

Like I said. I don't think counter is unreasonable or unthematic. I think it makes perfect sense.

I just don't see it as something they'd consider giving us.

An absorb-MP version of Liement seems quite appropriate, especially given the prohibitive timer on Liement, even if it is halved.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-19 12:19:02
Link | Citer | R

There are only 2 wards, I'd look to more being added, or would atleast hope.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-19 13:27:00
Link | Citer | R

lets just steal from mnk perfect parry please lol. On reflect just like most things against the less than handful of mobs that have special crap when hit with an element how about not casting it and using it against the 99% that it would work against... Being old school ff player love to see other ja, ws and spells introduced from the series.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-19 13:37:05
Link | Citer | R

kenshynofshiva said: »
One word "Reflect" as a merit-able spell would make me happy as hell lol.

RUN really needs some sort of PDT down ability or spell better than phalanx and some manner of fast cast without it it's hard for me to fine a serious spot for it. Other than a niche fight or support atm in my book. Still fun at 99 to fight umbrils with tho...
reflect would only work if it made the spell non elemental when returned, too much absorbing elements in this game

all the real testing has been done, run isnt going to be much till they bring in af3, anyone do further testing on foil?
 Sylph.Organic
Serveur: Sylph
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-04-19 13:41:21
Link | Citer | R

I like the idea of counter, riposte, and some kind of reflect.

I think a simple solution that wouldn't be that broken would be some sort of increased parry rate for RUN...you could calculate it out as the same amount of mitigation a NIN typical gets with its shadows

as it stands now, it really seems like they need to flesh RUN out more on the tank side if they expect it to be an efficient tank

...which just made me think, I hope they don't consider giving RUN cure spells...let PLD have that, they need to think of something new
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 188 189 190