Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 188 189 190
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-15 15:53:10
Link | Citer | R

No way I am trading my Double Attack+3% out for that in my book vs 5 atk and 5 str. For resolution to shine multi attack procs are sweet as hell beating a small attack and str change.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-15 15:57:20
Link | Citer | R

kenshynofshiva said: »
No way I am trading my Double Attack+3% out for that in my book vs 5 atk and 5 str.
Considering that Reso is a 5hit, 3 DA is a 0.6% WSD increase. (Less considering other DA you may have.)

And for comparison purposes:
129 dmg Gsword, and theoretical 200 Str (Just tossed random Str since didn't care enough to look up a set.)
4 Str is a 1.03% increase
(and that doesn't even factor in the attack)

But overall:
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's even more accuracy since there's 13 dex. I would say thurandaut for capped acc and toci for high evasive targets, but they're close in general.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-04-15 20:05:36
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 296863

Is this item set also worthy for Spinning Slash?

EDIT: IE, would Caudata Belt be better in the waist slot than the elemental belt?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-04-15 20:08:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
ItemSet 296863

Is this item set also worthy for Spinning Slash?

Well Spinning Slash is STR/INT30%, so maybe? It's Fragmentation so can keep the breeze gorget/belt or swap those out for str/int+ stuff I suppose.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-15 20:32:06
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, stats might be better in the neck/waist slots. Typical rule of thumb is the higher the TP mods, the less desirable ele belt/gorget are. Spinning sits at 2.5 at 100%, which is kind of middle road. Not outrageously high, like Torcleaver, but not desirably low either, like Resolution. Caudata would probably serve better for waist at the very least.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2013-04-16 00:13:05
Link | Citer | R

Odd question, but has anyone tried to see how useful RUN can be against Diabolos and Nightmare?

A LS mate needs alot of souls for his shield, and I'm wondering if the added dark resistance would benefit keeping Nightmare from being such a pain in a lowman, or if I should take another LS mate's advice and pop poison pots to supposedly negate Nightmare, which I'm not finding any real info about.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-04-16 00:34:39
Link | Citer | R

Might go try the normal version of diabolos first and see if it lands from him. Not as much of a loss compared to losing a T3 pop to try something out. Can't think of any reason why their abilities would work differently, and avatar version isn't that low of a level.

Pretty sure poison pots wouldn't work either way though, it's not a normal sleep and bio doesn't block it.
[+]
By Gimp 2013-04-16 00:59:13
Link | Citer | R

could try t3 anyways and just bring a brew on any character just in case also.
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-16 03:28:34
Link | Citer | R

Has anybody tested if int+ gear effect lunge in a similar manner MAB+ does? That way we can stack int in slots we don't have good MAB for as an option, or as replacement gears if we don't have the high MAB gears for lunge.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-16 10:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Slycer;5677690 said:
Couple folks already posted translation on discussion, just reposting info here:

Rune Fencer Job Adjustments

This post is to inform you about the job adjustments that will occur for rune fencer.

We plan to adjust the following job abilities in the version update scheduled for the end of this month.
  • Enchant Rune
    Increase the value of the elemental resistance effect.

• Vallation
    Recast Delay: 5 minutes → 3 minutes
    Duration: 3 minutes → 2 minutes

• Pflug
    Recast Delay: 5 minutes → 3 minutes
    Duration: 3 minutes → 2 minutes

• Valiance
    Recast Delay: 10 minutes → 5 minutes
    Duration: 3 minutes (no change)

• One For All
    Recast Delay: 10 minutes → 5 minutes
    Duration: 30 seconds (no change)

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-16 10:12:55
Link | Citer | R

All good.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-16 10:14:26
Link | Citer | R

[s]eeing valiance and all for one at 5 minutes make want to dance a jig
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-16 10:18:23
Link | Citer | R

Can now rotate and fulltime the effect of Vallation/Valiance.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-16 10:25:17
Link | Citer | R

That made me want to level up this job too, made it go from "meh, the recasts are too high" to "pretty cool!"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-16 13:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Yeah those JA recast changes were desperately needed. Now you can actually maintain all sorts of resistance / defense buffs. Kinda reinforces RUN as a support orientated melee. Throw them in a group with the rest and let them do their thing.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2013-04-16 18:07:08
Link | Citer | R

This is what I've been working with for TP and Resolution. Haven't beaten the Sauromugue Meebles, only Batallia, so no Nemetona Cap; working on the Salvage II gear currently, but are there any glaring changes I should make until then? Also with Gswd, no Borealis but Jingang vs. Hoarfrost would Jingang be better overall until Crobaci drops? Thanks in advance.

ItemSet 297090
ItemSet 297091

edit: Myrmex refuse to drop and I'll get Heca +1 feet this week.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-17 05:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Moonshade for Resolution; for tp thaumas feet and oce hat(and likely thaumas hands since it becomes 1 dex and 1 acc vs 5 str). As for gs hoarfrost if don't wanna spend on hatzoaar.
By Moozie 2013-04-17 10:07:25
Link | Citer | R

anyone written an xml? I am still learning and still horrible at it or I would have done one.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-17 10:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Still missing a lot of gear and very simplistic, but if it can serve you as reference here you go.
It's adapted from other xml that I have copied.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2013-04-17 10:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Moonshade for Resolution; for tp thaumas feet and oce hat(and likely thaumas hands since it becomes 1 dex and 1 acc vs 5 str). As for gs hoarfrost if don't wanna spend on hatzoaar.

Herp; didn't even consider Oce+1, good call.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-04-17 10:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Has anybody tested if int+ gear effect lunge in a similar manner MAB+ does? That way we can stack int in slots we don't have good MAB for as an option, or as replacement gears if we don't have the high MAB gears for lunge.

Seem to recall BG tests suggesting there wasn't any base stat tied to Lunge damage, and that it relied almost exclusively on MAB and weapon skill.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115399-Rune-Fencer-Findings?p=5652712&viewfull=1#post5652712
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-17 12:10:51
Link | Citer | R

So I went out and tried to solo Suzaku. Went surprisingly well actually. Run/nin had enough healing from regen 4 and 1 use of Liement to get me through it all. Run 1h didn't last through ALL of Chainspell, but as soon as I took 1 spell to the face and realize my 1h magic shield was gone, I popped some more JAs and everything went smooth as can be. Was supppppppppper fun though I only got 1 earthen head :( (no neptunal feet! :( )
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-17 12:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget taru sash.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-04-17 12:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Not directing this at anyone on the forums, just from what I've heard people say on my server... So many people just act like Rune Fencer is a DD job. Or saying that it can't tank like PLD or NIN.

News Flash; it's not PLD nor NIN. It tanks like Rune Fencer.

Still, here's some item sets I threw together. I tried to stay clear of Legion items since that's mostly for people in a linkshell that does the event. Salvage I/II is easy enough for anyone to do with a brd sch thf. Meeble Burrows you can shout for people same with Neo-Nyzul Isle. For the +1 stuff, if you can't afford it/none are in stock or you're like me and super cheap, NQ. These are just sets I suggest and not what you should use etc. (Also the TP, Lunge and Resolution/Ruinator sets are the same as Prothescar's sets, except I switched Thaumus pants with Abatteur Subligar in the WS set.) I also left the main/sub weapon blank since some people perfer axe or sword over Great Sword. I didn't bother with a Great Axe set.

TP
ItemSet 295582

Resolution/Ruinator
ItemSet 296863

Requiescat
ItemSet 296864

Physical Damage Taken-
ItemSet 296850

Magic Damage Taken-
ItemSet 296849

Evasion
ItemSet 296852

Fast Cast
ItemSet 296855

Lunge
ItemSet 296866

If I *** up on something, please correct me. :x

Your fastcast set is missing:
+Veneficium Ring (+1% quickens spellcast/+2% in legion)

+Augmented Jeweled collar with +3 fastcast which is easy to get

+Siegel sash swapped in since -8% casting time on enhancing spells is pretty damn nice too.

+If you are addicted to instacast spells like I am on mage jobs, you can get Occ. quickens spellcasting +3% on a Moonshade earring too (and just have the 2nd aug still be tp bonus), bumping you up to 6% instacast on RUN.
6% procrate might not seem like alot but remember that a proc gives the spell just cast no recast time,
so you'd be able to immediately do another flash/foil.

Also wiglen gorget is a solid pdt+idle neckpiece
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-17 13:01:07
Link | Citer | R

You can't get Occ. quickens casting and tp bonus together
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-04-17 13:14:24
Link | Citer | R

that saves me the trouble of getting that earring done i guess!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-17 13:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Like my status if you like Rune Fencer

[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-17 13:24:35
Link | Citer | R

i'm not either one of those jobs, but to hell with me if I didn't support the pursuit of any improvements to them.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-17 13:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget taru sash.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 188 189 190