Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 188 189 190
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-05 10:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Since RUN has a few self buffs having a fastcast set when your tanking is always a good thing.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 10:31:51
Link | Citer | R

Log on to LS mate doing Ig Alima, their party has gotten a record 3 Borealis drops so far. FML.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-05 10:33:44
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 295455

Prolix and Orunmilia have enmity- so better skip them. Making foil instant is a pretty good thing.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-05 11:27:49
Link | Citer | R

fastcast is somewhat important for RUN, especially if you're going to be subbing /sam. It helps you get your buffs up faster, and reduces the time in recast - Very nice for flashing every mob you see with your light armor builds.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-05 11:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Just wanted to add that I solo'd a lot of my VNMs ad DNC/RDM using the trial dagger + Twilight. Enspells trump Sambas, weapon effects trump sambas (twilight would absorb hp, offhand would activate sambas), and enspells trumped weapon effect (enspells proc'd, twilight didnt). Just to clear up any confusion.

So RUN/DNC could have a samba up and no runes and still get weapon procs. However their enspell effect would prevent both samba and weapon effects from happening.

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Good note on the getting rid of runes. Lunged with a Pflugged up Flabra and no Barstone. I'll see how long it takes to wear off.

Another thing of note: Totally forgot about Tenacity. That'll hurt testing even more >.<

Edit: Lasted 1 minute as opposed to the normal 3 or so for me under Tellus + Pflug.

Edit2: Did a couple more, same set up, same result. Slow never resisted or evaded with 0 earth resistance. Slow lasted at max 1m 52 sec with variation from a minimum of 1 minute with pflug up.

So I guess the more bar-element you have the higher chance at resisting/evading and the resisted element for the rune is what is taken into account for pflug. So Flabra's earth resist gives it resist/evade potential as well as reduces duration with Pflug up in case it doesn't get resisted?
whats the confusion? the higher your ele resistance the higher the chance youll resist an enfeeble all together, same with duration, glavoid couldnt slow through my entire fight
Was trying to figure out exactly which rune would benefit from pflug. Conclusion from my 8hrs or so in crawler's nest is matching defending element up. But Tenacity could have interfered as well, too bad we can't disable traits to test stuff..
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-05 11:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
ItemSet 295455

Prolix and Orunmilia have enmity- so better skip them. Making foil instant is a pretty good thing.
You could still use prolix/Orunmila's for anything with a decent cast time. Just swap em out midcast. Foil is just a bit to fast for that though.

Other options..... A fast cast augmented Anwig salade can have 5% FC, 3% more than Athos. As a possible space saver, BLood quisses can be augmented with 5% FC. Not any better than Orvail, and Orvail are certainly easier to get(and the augments suck to get on blood). But if you heave cuisses it's an option.
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2013-04-05 11:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
ItemSet 295455

Would the -enmity matter so much on those if you popped +enmity in other slots not being used for fast cast?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-05 11:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Well, I did say to skip those cause Foil and Flash would be already casted in precast as they're so fast to launch, I think it's impossible to swap them to midcast.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-05 11:41:57
Link | Citer | R

Am I missing a piece of gear that RUN can wear or is the Anwig also its best MAB head piece? FC+MAB could make that a very nice hat indeed.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-05 11:43:59
Link | Citer | R

Aa's circlet, Thaumas hat, Seiokona, stuff.

even the above mentioned athos.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-05 12:02:31
Link | Citer | R

Ah, FFXIAH power search must be acting up for me then >.<
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 12:33:18
Link | Citer | R

Can Double Attack, Triple Attack, and Quadruple Attack proc on Resolution?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 12:37:46
Link | Citer | R

At all. I've heard that Double Attack can't proc on WSs over 3-4 hits or something. I thought a proc usually just happens on one hit of Reso.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-05 12:39:33
Link | Citer | R

Double,Triple and Quadruple attack works on all Weapon skills as long as it doesn't breach the 8-hit cap on an attack round in which case, it couldn't proc.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-04-05 12:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said: »
At all. I've heard that Double Attack can't proc on WSs over 3-4 hits or something. I thought a proc usually just happens on one hit of Reso.

Hits 1 and 2 can DA/TA/QA. Hits 3+ can not.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 12:42:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Double,Triple and Quadruple attack works on all Weapon skills as long as it doesn't breach the 8-hit cap on an attack round in which case, it couldn't proc.

So DA/TA can proc, but QA can't?

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 12:57:08
Link | Citer | R

So the hits past 8 just wouldn't register nor matter, correct?
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-05 12:59:47
Link | Citer | R

I think it's just a matter of it being an impossibility. I think if for instance your first hit QA's, the rest of the hits don't even make the multi hit check because you're already at 8 for Reso, no?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-05 13:00:50
Link | Citer | R

They probably do, but it doesn't matter either way.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 13:21:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

I think it's just a matter of it being an impossibility. I think if for instance your first hit QA's, the rest of the hits don't even make the multi hit check because you're already at 8 for Reso, no?

My point was the extra hits just don't happen. Right?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-05 13:41:50
Link | Citer | R

Of course. Can't go over 8 per round.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 13:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Aight, thanks. Now if only I could get an NNI group and get Thaumas Body and legs.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-05 13:55:54
Link | Citer | R

Was just playing with Lunge on Wild Rabbits. Appears that Runes have their own MAB value that decays over time.

Ignis > Lunge always yielded 189 on Thundersday. If I used Ignis just after Lunge and waited the full cooldown to Lunge again I would do 94 damage. (1 rune every time). Exact same results for Lux.

Sulpor > Lunge hit a max of 207 which is a 10% boost in damage which means Lunges are affected by Day of the Week bonuses and likely weather too for that matter. Twilight cape and obi's may be a great way to boost your damage with a scholar in party or /sch AoEing spells for hate? Out of the box thinking but fun find.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-05 13:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Not on twilight cape, but was already mentioned to use sea obis(annoying though with inventory-8...)

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-04-05 14:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
/shrug ~90% of us should have those in inventory anyway for various spells/weaponsskills
*cough*

I may have been called crazy for making all 8 of them for SCH...

NOW THEY CAN'T MOCK ME, RIGHT?!
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 188 189 190