Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 188 189 190
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-13 17:29:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Assuming your friend has AGI+20/Eva+30/DT-5 on his cape, then I have roughly ~50 more Evasion than him, prebuff.
Not sure it would make a big difference and I don't see the bard keeping 2 Marches, 1 Mad and 2 Mambos on me.
Possible but unlikely to happen, which is why I was talking about a mambo-less scenario.

Eeeh... Starting at ~1200Eva I would get to ~1260 Eva with Salt Ramen, and I guess that's still nowhere enough to enable me to make larger pulls than I already am.
Two mambos would give me ~238 more Eva (including the higher amount from Salt Ramen) for a total of close to 1500 Eva. Whoa...
Now I can believe it would be really good for that but, again, I don't see Mambos happening.

He went AGI+20 and eva+45 on the cape.

If terms of keeping up Mambos, guess it depends on your group. We don't use 2 hrs during our Sheol-C runs, so if you're popping SV/CC then you could see a better return even out of just 1 mambo. We'd generally Sing Mambox2 -> Ballad -> HM then RUN and Healer would leave to start the pull and BRD would finish off with Minx2 and another March. Haste 1 on RUN puts them at like 41% Haste (not capped I'm aware), but it worked for us. When redoing songs BRD would just wait till last mob or two (assuming songs weren't going to wear off before then) to reapply the mambox2 ballad and HM. May not be the quickest method, but we were will seeing 6-7k segments before bonus. May not be the highest, but I can't spam NMs fast enough to use my segments anyways >.>
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-14 02:30:28
Link | Citer | R

If he went for Eva+45 like me, he's then missing ~3% DT to cap.
Easily solved by using Refined Grip in place of Utu.
Not criticizing, just sayin' in case he didn't notice.

In terms of songs what I'd do is cast songs with this order:
Minu4, Minu5, Honor March, Victory March, Blade Madrigal.

That will make Minu4 and Minu5 be the songs with the least duration, i.e. the ones that will be overwritten first.
At that point Pianissimo a Ballad3 on the WHM and Pianissimo at least a Dragonfoe Mambo on the RUN.
This is realistic and doesn't kill the BRD dps too much, plus the group can start moving after Blade Madrigal is sung since you can catch the WHM and the RUN with the Pianissimo ones even as they move.
RUN shouldn't need Ballad, he can refresh himself and can use Dark Runes Vivacious Pulse if he needs more MP.
Now sticking a second Mambo would mean a second pianissimo, doable but...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-14 02:39:30
Link | Citer | R

My other concern is how well this would work for pulls larger than usual.
Even if you somehow succeed in making your Idle set manageable in terms of Evasion, how do you deal with casting?

Scenario example: you pull 3 groups of tough monsters and thanks to ~1500 EVA + 75% PDT + Prot5 + Phalanx you're doing just fine thanks to the fact you evade (I assume?) over 75% of physical attacks.

Now you start casting your spell of choice to tag everything (poisonga, sheep song, geist wall, whatever). This set will likely have 102% SIRD and as much DT as you can, but likely you won't be at 75% DT and certainly you're gonna have WAY less Eva than your previous idle set.
Meaning those three or more groups you pulled and that were missing the majority of attacks, will start hitting you like crazy for the ~2 seconds of your casting.

Will the RUN be able to deal with that?

That's the big question. Because if the answer is "no" then it's all pointless.
It's no use being able to pull more monsters than usual if when you have to tag them you gonna get slammed to the floor.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-14 02:43:26
Link | Citer | R

Salt Ramen doesn't give you the full 90 evasion because it's only 5%. You'd need 1800 to get that, which is near impossible without SV Mambos. You should use Seafood Gratin instead.

You can squeeze 70 more evasion out of that set if you swap weapon/grip to soulcleaver/kupayopl and use unity neck
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-14 03:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Already said my set has ~35 more Eva than his.

Bathy Choker +1 (aug) ==> +30 eva
Sveltesse Gouriz +1 ==> +2 eva
Dring in place of Ilabrat ==> -5 Eva
Infused Ear in place of Odnowa ==> +12 Eva

This should bring you to a bit less than ~1200 Eva before food.
Add a single Dragonfoe Mambo and Salt Ramen is already gonna give you ~69 Eva, which is more than Salt Gratin.
Altough you could make it a valid point that Salt Gratin is much cheaper than Salt Ramen.

I thought it was the other way around!

Btw Buukki not sure I'd want to sacrifice Epeolatry for Soulcleaver.
It's "just" 25 Evasion. Since you are undoubtely gonna be hit, I'd rather have -25% PDT2 for those hits than +25 Eva. No?
 Valefor.Maurauc
Serveur: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2022-01-14 06:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Shockwave ended up being my choice of tagging option for pulls that got pretty big. We mostly use RUN Evasion pulling for BLU Doom cleaves, and with 3 or 4 families at a time it won't tag every mob, but it'll keep the majority slept, and you can get hate on the rest after a few conal moves from the RUN / BLU.

Floor 1 you could probably get away with no mambos but past that you'd want mambos to dodge stuff. We tend to do mambos F1/2, Marcato F3, SV F4 and have no issues. My set definitely isn't as strong as yours though (not 100% aug'd neck, not a properly aug'd cape for evasion), so maybe a perfect set could make it work.

I might try and keep track of hit rates on my future runs so we can get an idea of what thresholds to aim for on each floor.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-14 06:49:51
Link | Citer | R

I don't feel comfortable using Shockwave for tagging, because it relies on having enough TP and because of how it's a conic frontal move.
With that said I can undoubtely see the advantages. You won't have to go through a "midcast" phase, won't risk being interrupted, if you wanted you could remain in your IdleEvasion set, posing no threat to the big question I asked 2 posts above.
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2022-01-14 07:09:52
Link | Citer | R

Huh, I thought Shockwave was AoE. Will have to go check that myself. I tend to run as /SAM for Meditate at the start and between pulls, with Hasso for speedier kills on NMs and Agon mobs. Nyame tends to have enough ACC/MACC to deal with it landing, so yeah, you're right that it doesn't have to worry about the midcast phase.
It's one option.

Another could be someone else tagging for sleeps and pulling hate off them - BRD or SCH or similar - but the issue is hate flying everywhere on the mobs that their spells don't work on. Just got to be really really fast on OFA/Valliance/Warding Circle, which can be a struggle with the lag.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-14 07:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Shockwave is not conal, no idea what Sechs is talking about.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-14 10:34:52
Link | Citer | R

No that's just me being stupid then. Swear I could remember Shockwave being conic frontal, I apologize Everyone!

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
Another could be someone else tagging for sleeps and pulling hate off them - BRD or SCH or similar - but the issue is hate flying everywhere on the mobs that their spells don't work on. Just got to be really really fast on OFA/Valliance/Warding Circle, which can be a struggle with the lag.
That could work for normal pulls with monsters that are sleepable (everything except Qutrubs and Rams basicall, at least for BRD) but if you're doing an Agon Halo pull then nope, BRD would get ganked pretty fast. Unless the BRD is sporting an Eva build and double mambo (I can get to >1500 Eva on BRD) but in that case why even bring a RUN, just go with 3x DDs and let the BRD be the puller, no?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-14 10:55:08
Link | Citer | R

If he went for Eva+45 like me, he's then missing ~3% DT to cap.
Easily solved by using Refined Grip in place of Utu.
Not criticizing, just sayin' in case he didn't notice.

In terms of songs what I'd do is cast songs with this order:
Minu4, Minu5, Honor March, Victory March, Blade Madrigal.

That will make Minu4 and Minu5 be the songs with the least duration, i.e. the ones that will be overwritten first.
At that point Pianissimo a Ballad3 on the WHM and Pianissimo at least a Dragonfoe Mambo on the RUN.
This is realistic and doesn't kill the BRD dps too much, plus the group can start moving after Blade Madrigal is sung since you can catch the WHM and the RUN with the Pianissimo ones even as they move.
RUN shouldn't need Ballad, he can refresh himself and can use Dark Runes Vivacious Pulse if he needs more MP.
Now sticking a second Mambo would mean a second pianissimo, doable but...

He's aware of the missing DT but thanks for pointing it out. ^^

We found spending time to do 2-3 pianissimo's to apply the songs to the RUN took more time than just singing the Mambo's first. Other ppl could maybe do it faster, just sharing my experience.

My other concern is how well this would work for pulls larger than usual.
Even if you somehow succeed in making your Idle set manageable in terms of Evasion, how do you deal with casting?

Our RUN barely swaps out anything for casting, he runs 5/5 Inspiration merits and AFAIK swaps just enough to hit that 80% FC then just casts roughly in that exact same set in his midcast maybe swapping some of the lower eva accessories for some enmity pieces.

It may be not the most ideal situation, but from my experience he rarely gets interrupted (SCH also does a Stoneskin pre-pull and mid-pull to help out) and despite not much enmity+ gear it's enough to keep the mobs attention on him usually for 2 WS, which in most cases kills the mob we're fighting.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-14 11:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Btw Buukki not sure I'd want to sacrifice Epeolatry for Soulcleaver.
It's "just" 25 Evasion. Since you are undoubtely gonna be hit, I'd rather have -25% PDT2 for those hits than +25 Eva. No?

It depends on if you expect to get hit. The RUN in my group has an evasion set and he said he's at like 1218 before food/buffs, and no soulcleaver iirc. If you are going full evasion and want to push it so high that you don't get hit, then every bit counts. We do Sheol B and I believe he said he very rarely got hit with nq mambos and his set + gratin; healing was extremely minimal. Sheol B you may only need 1400~ evasion to be good enough. Not sure what Sheol C is, but if you get just NQ songs on C1 and then SV Mambos on C2/3, you probably don't need Epeolatry at all because you should be well capped on evasion.

Should also factor in Swordplay into the equation. Since the goal is max eva, Swordplay gives you +80 when fully capped. If you use the Relic hands, it should take you about 26 seconds to fully max out Swordplay ticks on pulls, giving you at least 1:30 of +80 evasion. You can just pre-emptively use the ability before your next pull, so that you have max evasion potency by the time the bulk of the monsters are swinging at you.

I also mentioned this to our RUN: if you want to squeeze in some minmax stats for an evasion/pull set, you could opt for R15 Hippomenes Socks +1, which grants flee for any physical attacks performed on you. You lose very little evasion (a lot of DT though), so it's not hurting your set too much unless you are worried about magic damage. Since you will have so many mobs on you whiffing, flee should proc fairly quickly and frequently, making giving you the ability to outpace chasing mobs, which helps a bit for the "evasion" tanking/pulling thing. You're still evading hits if the monster can't hit you due to range :)
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2022-01-16 01:45:25
Link | Citer | R

An alternative for Soulcleaver for "just" +25 evasion, also consider a Macbain. Alluvion skirmish weapon can get +20 evasion, -5% PDT, and +23 agi or +70 hp.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-16 02:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It depends on if you expect to get hit.
Minimum hit rate is 20% even for mobs, no? You could have 9999 evasion and still get hit a notable number of times when you've got 10+ mobs on you at once.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-16 02:29:11
Link | Citer | R

cuddlyhamster said: »
An alternative for Soulcleaver for "just" +25 evasion, also consider a Macbain. Alluvion skirmish weapon can get +20 evasion, -5% PDT, and +23 agi or +70 hp.

This is what I did for BLU sword evasion set, since there are no ilvl swords BLU can use that come with evasion.

Asura.Geriond said: »
Minimum hit rate is 20% even for mobs, no? You could have 9999 evasion and still get hit a notable number of times when you've got 10+ mobs on you at once.

20% enemy hit rate hasn't been my experience. Haven't parsed it, but I have seen RUN pull 2-3 groups of monsters and not get hit at all in Sheols. Could be luck, but I don't think their rate is that high.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-16 04:36:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
That was exactely my point, I don't think it can go beyond a certain point regardless of your evasion.
Which is why I was saying that I wouldn't let go of 25% PDT2 for those hits.

25%PDT2 is also bliss if you wanna do something like casting some spells while aggroed/engaged. If you simply rely on instant stuff like Job Abilities and WSs I guess you can live without but for all other scenarios it's hard to let go of the boons granted by Epeolatry.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-01-16 09:50:16
Link | Citer | R

20% Accuracy (80% unengaged evasion) is the minimum hard coded threshold outside of Perfect Dodge. It's still a good idea to keep a reasonable amount of PDT/DT for the hits that will get through.
[+]
By soralin 2022-01-17 12:46:11
Link | Citer | R

20% enemy hit rate hasn't been my experience. Haven't parsed it, but I have seen RUN pull 2-3 groups of monsters and not get hit at all in Sheols. Could be luck, but I don't think their rate is that high.

Parries I expect?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-17 12:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Epeolatry is definitely a nice bonus to have. 100% not mandatory though for basically anything, but definitely not Odyssey (I know no one said it was, but for emphasis). 20% more pdt2 (Aettir has 5) will make a difference when you're getting beat on by 30-40 nostos mobs, but between capped pdt, evasion, phalanx, and defense buffs it's doable without.

In my experience the real killers are chains of crits which suck no matter what you've got equipped.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-17 14:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Prothescar I can sorta agree with you, it's something that goes for like 99% of the RMEA gear that gets often defined "required" to be fair, but still remaining on the specific case of Epeolatry, I concur with your analysys.

You're making a different point though, the point of not having to farm an Epe to be able to become an Eva tanking RUN that can pull hordes of nostos.
Whereas in the previous posts we were more making it a point of people who already own an Epe but purposedly deciding to use a Soulcleaver (for Eva+25) instead. And to me that trade is not worth it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-17 14:33:39
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »

Parries I expect?

They don't engage so not that.

In any event, the RUNs we roll with do use Epeolatry during their evasion tanking anyways (since Mambos more than caps their evasion with or without the weapon/grip slot), so I guess it was a moot discussion. But if you wanted a reason to push the evasion higher, there it is.
 Asura.Stryda
user: Nanerz
By Asura.Stryda 2022-01-25 13:11:35
Link | Citer | R

Is this the "Up to date" guide or is it the other one?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-01-25 13:25:31
Link | Citer | R

This one is more up to date, but not everything is

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Rune_Fencer_Guide
[+]
By KyLouie16 2022-01-30 20:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Now that we can set magic defense bonus trait as RUN/BLU (lvl 53 sub) by setting the spells magnetite cloud and ice break, does that magic defense bonus tier I from BLU sub stack with already having magic defense bonus trait tier VII as RUN main?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-30 20:12:08
Link | Citer | R

no
[+]
 Asura.Myasasa
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2022-02-08 08:15:41
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorting my blu spell, anyone know the enmity value of sandspin? (looking for a low mp cost aoe spell)
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-02-08 09:34:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Myasasa said: »
I'm sorting my blu spell, anyone know the enmity value of sandspin? (looking for a low mp cost aoe spell)

We must consult the sacred texts

https://kanican.livejournal.com/20380.html

https://kanican.livejournal.com/13848.html

Edit upon further inspection it looks like there is no listed value for sandspin
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-02-08 09:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Sandspin's enmity is just damage-based and follows those formula. It's not a viable spell for enmity generation.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-18 21:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone ever farmed Manasa Chasuble from Umagrhk for enhancing magic set? If so, what's the drop rate like?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-18 21:09:21
Link | Citer | R

I think I got it after 2-3 kills.
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 188 189 190