Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 173 174 175 ... 188 189 190
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2020-02-04 03:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Any suggestions? Lionhart would probably get me killed..

If you're actually getting hit hard due to absorbed buffs, have you tried putting Wilt in the mix? Tends to offset almost anything he can absorb, leaving the only real threat (to a RUN anyway) as Spirit Absorption...and even then, only really if you're not healed up in a timely fashion.
he was smakcing me around pretty good in my full tp gear, im going to use a more hyrbrid set next time, spirit absorb had me down to <100 one time

Since you have idris GEO and epeo: I'd suggest using last resort to essentially undo the defense boost buff and letting gorger blessing sync it. Obviously that gets a bit risky so maybe change geo buffs to geo frailty, indi wilt and entrust haste (if you need). My hybrid DT/tp set puts my pdt in the low 60s high 50s i believe. Ja frailty, last resorts def down, and dia (if you choose) should put gorger at such a high def%- you should be at a good pdif even if the def boost is hard to dispel. Plus more swings!

You may wanna wait until mighty strikes goes off first before popping LR.
Edit: if you really wanted, you could cancel LR once its been synced. I dont because idris indi wilt more than cancels out your def down and mob's atk+
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-04 04:54:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I always do full buffs and never really experience any significant DPS decrease (unless you have a BLU doing Mighty Guard/Cocoon for some reason). Only time I notice damage drop is when he does Promyvion Barrier.
What kind of ws dmg you doing ?? I thought about just going in full buffs and trying to power through but figured someone else may of found the sweet spot I’m clearing him with about 12-15 min left but he’s taking me a solid 10-14 min to kill

A word of caution with weapon choices: Gorger will copy all buff including AM. So an AM that grants Multi-Strike like Mythic or OTD like Empyrean can REALLY ruin your day. Super hard lesson I re-learned immediately multi-boxing Kei with SAM as only DD... I Shoha only to avoid giving it a chance to take AM.

For RUN I would actually recommend Lionhart, it can’t skillchain you so that’d be my bet. Like others said, Wilt helps a lot and just giving it as few buffs as possible and being careful what buffs you do give it. Should be able to kill it in maybe 8 minutes or faster but if you’re doing it alone there’s no shame in a slower kill honestly unless the boss you’re aiming for takes awhile.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-04 07:10:05
Link | Citer | R

Lionheart cant' skillchain- WAT
Are you talking about Reso?
Reso doesn't normally SC with itself, but Lionheart is the only weapon that grants Resolution L3 Light properties, allowing it to SC with itself.

Surely you meant something else?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-02-04 07:21:23
Link | Citer | R

he's saying the aftermath isn't going to be detrimental like the one from epeo can be since the gorger won't skillchain you
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-04 09:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Lionheart cant' skillchain- WAT
Are you talking about Reso?
Reso doesn't normally SC with itself, but Lionheart is the only weapon that grants Resolution L3 Light properties, allowing it to SC with itself.

Surely you meant something else?

What Austar said, my fault I wasn’t clear.
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-02-04 12:41:35
Link | Citer | R

You can give gorger aftermath effects safely. The effects are on the weapons themself not the aftermath buff.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-04 14:36:03
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Reain said: »
You can give gorger aftermath effects safely. The effects are on the weapons themself not the aftermath buff.

No sir. Gorger will copy your AM, this is a proven fact and listed on bg-wiki. Fighting it with Empyrean Aftermath is nearly suicidal because it WILL start hitting for up to 1500+ repeatedly. Mythic Aftermath will give it Triple Attack that appears to work on its physical TP Moves as well just like it does for us. And if he copies two different AMs from two different players you might very well wipe.

Aeonic Aftermath is safe. Relic Aftermath depends on the Aftermath, Copying Bravura’s DT or Excalibur’s Regen would be bad Gf or example.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-04 15:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Gorger will copy your AM

Can a DRK steal an AM for a weapon type he's not wielding? i.e. Absorb-Attribute Relic AM when using an Empyrean. I know it can steal abilities normally not obtainable by players
By Nariont 2020-02-04 15:24:03
Link | Citer | R

You cant afaik, pretty certain even if it could, AM is a blanket buff that is indeed tied to weapon, never seen any instances where say emp AM would cause its dmg to spike
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-02-04 16:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Nope. It can copy the the aftermath but it isn't wielding a weapon that benefits from it.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-04 16:16:09
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
You cant afaik, pretty certain even if it could, AM is a blanket buff that is indeed tied to weapon, never seen any instances where say emp AM would cause its dmg to spike

Give it a try sometime if you want a good laugh. It’s pretty hilarious if you don’t mind suffering one wipe.

Funny Story:

Two weeks ago I started doing my own Keis. Before this, it’s been afew months doing a boss run. I remembered that Gorger Copied buffs. Took off my Ptotect/Shell and Attacks, kept others. I relearned the lesson because I was on SAM with Masa and doing my 4-step light thing. It’s hits were idk, 2-300 4-500 on Crits. I completely forgot that it Copied AM and proceeded to get dropped from full HP 27 in one attack round, healed by WHM and then dropped by a Double attack with of 1300 and 1500 which can’t be eaten by SAMs low HP. No amount of attack gain can make the NMs damage Triple like that. That’s when I remembered “Copy’s buffs” means Copy’s ALL buffs and let out a “*** meeee” and had to reset lol.

It’s possible you didn’t notice because you kept in full DT and let the DDs do their thing? Probably brushed it off as a “huh, he’s hitting kinda hard, we must’ve had more attack buffs than I thought”? Idk

Edit:
It having a weapon or not doesn’t matter, your Aftermath says you have OTD. It copies that. Lol
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-02-04 16:20:28
Link | Citer | R

I can also confirm that Gorger absorbing Empy AM definitely causes it to do triple damage, and can make it extremely dangerous. It's not a gamebreaker if that's the only buff it stole, but if it also got marches/last resort/berserk/temper/etc, it quickly turns into an absolute monster that can even eat (non-Battuta) Epeo RUNs for breakfast.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-04 16:27:18
Link | Citer | R

No amount of attack gain can make the NMs damage Triple like that.

Actually it can. Just go mnk/war and use counterstance and berserk and you will see what even trash mobs in omen will do to your HP after you rise their pdif like that.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-04 16:42:22
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
No amount of attack gain can make the NMs damage Triple like that.

Actually it can. Just go mnk/war and use counterstance and berserk and you will see what even trash mobs in omen will do to your HP after you rise their pdif like that.

Fair point but that’s EXTREME lol. All I was saying was if I forgot to take Minuets down (or swap them more accurately) the damage could never triple like that. Not from generic buffs.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-05 11:23:47
Link | Citer | R

What are people thoughts on Lunge? Should I work on a full set for it?
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-02-05 11:27:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
What are people thoughts on Lunge? Should I work on a full set for it?

It does solid damage when its magic burst so yeah!
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-02-05 11:45:22
Link | Citer | R

It kinds of double up as a starter set for Shockwave cleaving anyways, which is useful actually in things like Omen. So its a good set to have / build.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-05 11:55:02
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone share their sets?
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-05 12:59:36
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone share their sets?
ItemSet 371252
There's also some stuff like Augury cuisses +1 that has potential when those get augments.
And instead of the situational Obi there's stuff like eschan stone for a more generic MAB... but that's basically all you need to do. Stack MAB and MBB and you're good to go.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-05 14:22:42
Link | Citer | R

Thank you

Whats the best stones to throw at Herc for MAB?

Edit: Also since not much for MAB rings would Moepaga annulet be best when not bursting?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-02-05 15:44:51
Link | Citer | R

There are a few MAB options (that most would have laying around from other jobs) so there's no reason to consider that.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-02-05 15:48:06
Link | Citer | R

Thank you

Whats the best stones to throw at Herc for MAB?

Edit: Also since not much for MAB rings would Moepaga annulet be best when not bursting?

For just MAB I'd say Pelucid stones and that ring doesnt have any MAB on it. You can buy a MAB+4 ring from one of the sparks NPCs and mujin band is 200k on the AH.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-05 20:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Lunge is based on weapon skill I thought.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-02-05 21:58:21
Link | Citer | R

Lunge is based on weapon skill I thought.
Main hand combat skil contributes to the base dmg, but the amount of skill+ you can get on gear is negligible in terms of dmg gains. It's not ever worth gearing for skill+ over MAB in any slot.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-02-06 09:59:53
Link | Citer | R

My set looks much like Fae's for the sake of inventory space, but if you really want a baller set (or already carry them for other jobs), you can go for Carmine+1 hands/body as well. They both have 42 MAB on path D.

There's also Argochampsa Mantle, Eddy Necklace, Acumen Ring, Shiva Rings, Crematio Earring, etc.

There's definitely a point of diminishing returns, but I have a friend who's like the sole source of AOE in his Omen runs so he goes all out on this set. (Sans magic burst damage because Shockwave obviously won't be magic bursted, I don't think he cares much about hitting peak Lunge damage.)
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-02-06 10:14:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
My set looks much like Fae's for the sake of inventory space, but if you really want a baller set (or already carry them for other jobs), you can go for Carmine+1 hands/body as well. They both have 42 MAB on path D.

There's also Argochampsa Mantle, Eddy Necklace, Acumen Ring, Shiva Rings, Crematio Earring, etc.

There's definitely a point of diminishing returns, but I have a friend who's like the sole source of AOE in his Omen runs so he goes all out on this set. (Sans magic burst damage because Shockwave obviously won't be magic bursted, I don't think he cares much about hitting peak Lunge damage.)
I'm deeply confused. Shockwave is a physical ws. Not sure what it would have to do with a mab set?
By Hammrtime 2020-02-06 10:19:20
Link | Citer | R

I was just about to ask this lol. I know MACC can be used for the sleep effect, but yeah, pretty sure it is a physical WS.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-06 10:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that was the 2nd mention of using MAB for Shockwave on this page alone, so I was wondering if something changed with Shockwave while I was gone or something.
By SimonSes 2020-02-06 10:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that was the 2nd mention of using MAB for Shockwave on this page alone, so I was wondering if something changed with Shockwave while I was gone or something.

Nothing changed. For damage on Shockwave you gear for STR/WSD/Multiattack (1%WSD being roughly equal to 1% of multi-attack)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-06 10:37:36
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Nothing changed. For damage on Shockwave you gear for STR/WSD/Multiattack (1%WSD being roughly equal to 1% of multi-attack)

Wait..... Shockwave can MA?
First Page 2 3 ... 173 174 175 ... 188 189 190