Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 188 189 190
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-04 14:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Well just tried some more experimenting. With Tellus + Pflug just get a reduced duration it seems (or just getting lucky and it has no effect). With Flabra + Pflug I got "resist!" message, with Flabra + Barstone but no Pflug I got evade message, also got a miss message.
By Enuyasha 2013-04-04 14:49:42
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
either one tbh. pflug doesnt show "resist!" messages, so it's not possible to distinguish. it sounds mostly like using the opposite rune just adds less resistance than using the resist rune, thus causing duration resists rather than full ones. could also be coincidence
Pflug adds more elemental resistance numbers on top of the ones from opposite runes. :<
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 14:50:04
Link | Citer | R

You can also dump runes and retain the effect of ward if needed.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-04 14:53:01
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
either one tbh. pflug doesnt show "resist!" messages, so it's not possible to distinguish. it sounds mostly like using the opposite rune just adds less resistance than using the resist rune, thus causing duration resists rather than full ones. could also be coincidence
Pflug adds more elemental resistance numbers on top of the ones from opposite runes. :<

It doesn't add visible resistance. There's no viable reason to assume that the resistance added by Pflug is the same as normal elemental resistance, especially given the potency of Pflug for status ailments while it seems to affect magic damage at a much smaller rate, if at all.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-04 14:59:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Well just tried some more experimenting. With Tellus + Pflug just get a reduced duration it seems (or just getting lucky and it has no effect). With Flabra + Pflug I got "resist!" message, with Flabra + Barstone but no Pflug I got evade message, also got a miss message.

The "Resist!" was likely from Tenacity, as I've yet to see it pop up regularly while Pflug is active. Just fully evaded Infrasonics 2 or so times with just Ignis + Pflug active, in between barblizzard casts, and evaded again after putting barblizzard back up as expected for an elemental resist. I have to go test later whether Pflug has any sort of effect on actual damage or if it really is a new type of resistance modifier solely for ailments, because so far I've noticed nothing out of it in regards to resisting elemental magic damage as a barspell would.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-04 15:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Good note on the getting rid of runes. Lunged with a Pflugged up Flabra and no Barstone. I'll see how long it takes to wear off.

Another thing of note: Totally forgot about Tenacity. That'll hurt testing even more >.<

Edit: Lasted 1 minute as opposed to the normal 3 or so for me under Tellus + Pflug.

Edit2: Did a couple more, same set up, same result. Slow never resisted or evaded with 0 earth resistance. Slow lasted at max 1m 52 sec with variation from a minimum of 1 minute with pflug up.

So I guess the more bar-element you have the higher chance at resisting/evading and the resisted element for the rune is what is taken into account for pflug. So Flabra's earth resist gives it resist/evade potential as well as reduces duration with Pflug up in case it doesn't get resisted?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-04 15:08:53
Link | Citer | R

I thought Pflug was an abbreviation this whole time xD
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 15:08:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure Lunge can crit too. This would make Aas and Hecate even more worthwhile :o
By darthmaull 2013-04-04 17:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to shorten the duration of an enfeeble by using the barspell and ward after the enfeeble has already landed? I think it was the case for me last night with blind and paralyze but it was late and I wasn't sure if I was imagining it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-04 17:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Duration is set at the time that the debuff lands, so no.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-04 20:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Good note on the getting rid of runes. Lunged with a Pflugged up Flabra and no Barstone. I'll see how long it takes to wear off.

Another thing of note: Totally forgot about Tenacity. That'll hurt testing even more >.<

Edit: Lasted 1 minute as opposed to the normal 3 or so for me under Tellus + Pflug.

Edit2: Did a couple more, same set up, same result. Slow never resisted or evaded with 0 earth resistance. Slow lasted at max 1m 52 sec with variation from a minimum of 1 minute with pflug up.

So I guess the more bar-element you have the higher chance at resisting/evading and the resisted element for the rune is what is taken into account for pflug. So Flabra's earth resist gives it resist/evade potential as well as reduces duration with Pflug up in case it doesn't get resisted?
whats the confusion? the higher your ele resistance the higher the chance youll resist an enfeeble all together, same with duration, glavoid couldnt slow through my entire fight
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-04-04 21:23:34
Link | Citer | R

I was just thinking. The DEF down GS was mentioned on one of the last pages, but would the DEF down even proc with runes up? I wasn't sure if the additional effect takes precedence over the en-effect of runes but I thought it was worth asking before I looked into starting it.
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 21:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I was just thinking. The DEF down GS was mentioned on one of the last pages, but would the DEF down even proc with runes up? I wasn't sure if the additional effect takes precedence over the en-effect of runes but I thought it was worth asking before I looked into starting it.

Good call. No I don't think it would, seeing is how Samba's don't activate while runes are up.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-04 21:26:57
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure the Weapon Effect would eventually trump the runes, but there's also the fact that you can expend runes to lower elemental damage resistances, and to deal magic damage
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-04 21:28:35
Link | Citer | R

The difference with Sambas and a Weapon effect, is the weapon effect is a primary, while the main job effect takes precedent over the subjob effect. (alteast this sounds like a logical argument to me)
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 21:30:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
The difference with Sambas and a Weapon effect, is the weapon effect is a primary, while the main job effect takes precedent over the subjob effect. (alteast this sounds like a logical argument to me)

What...? Unless I'm just reading you wrong here. I'm on run/dnc atm, and sambas don't proc, ever. That's how it should be, because runes are "enspells" and they take precedence over samba.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-04 21:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

What...? Unless I'm just reading you wrong here. I'm on run/dnc atm, and sambas don't proc, ever. That's how it should be, because runes are "enspells" and they take precedence over samba.
Main job ability (Rune Enchantment) trumps Subjob ability (Samba) is what i was saying, however, the discussion was adding into the mix, the weapon effect, which as we've seen with rdm, can still proc between enspell damage. The issue is whether or not this holds true due to the Rune Enchantment effect, and whether or not it takes priority over the weapon
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-04 21:33:47
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure the Weapon Effect would eventually trump the runes, but there's also the fact that you can expend runes to lower elemental damage resistances, and to deal magic damage
I've yet to see a weapon add effect proc with runes up.

Further more, runes even prevent normal enspells. You can have both buffs up, but only the rune en-dmg hits.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 21:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Main job ability (Rune Enchantment) trumps Subjob ability (Samba) is what i was saying, however, the discussion was adding into the mix, the weapon effect, which as we've seen with rdm, can still proc between enspell damage. The issue is whether or not this holds true due to the Rune Enchantment effect, and whether or not it takes priority over the weapon

No, I think this assumption is completely baseless. Unless you have honest proof of this, it sounds like some crazy theory.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-04 21:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Further more, runes even prevent normal enspells. You can have both buffs up, but only the rune en-dmg hits.
I can confirm this, tested drk/run, endark didnt proc only the runes, even tried the same element on the off chance they might add together or something... nope
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-04 21:39:43
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »

I can confirm this, tested drk/run, endark didnt proc only the runes, even tried the same element on the off chance they might add together or something... nope
Balls... You'd think the stronger damage Endark would trigger, but i guess it's the stronger effect, due to Rune Enchantments lasting 3 minutes. (also a potentially crazy theory)
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 21:47:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »

Balls... You'd think the stronger damage Endark would trigger, but i guess it's the stronger effect, due to Rune Enchantments lasting 3 minutes. (also a potentially crazy theory)

Endark lasts 3m too...
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-04 21:48:47
Link | Citer | R

ignore the crazy person in the corner then.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 21:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Honest question.. Can lunge go through utsu? Idk if it's any special damage type or anything.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-04 22:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Does not go through Shadows, Lunge hits get eaten. Tested on a Yagudo Herald (Ninja) with shadows up, all 3 hits missed.
[+]
By Tickmeoff 2013-04-04 23:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Lunge is 3 hits?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-04 23:00:47
Link | Citer | R

Lunge can hit up to 3 times, depending on number of Runes stocked.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-04-05 00:38:50
Link | Citer | R

I understand you can expend runes but I'd assume we'd want them back up right away. That coupled with the low proc rate of the effect on higher level mobs I'm not sure how we'll get a chance to proc it at all. That's why I was wondering.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-05 00:39:52
Link | Citer | R

I understand you can expend runes but I'd assume we'd want them back up right away. That coupled with the low proc rate of the effect on higher level mobs I'm not sure how we'll get a chance to proc it at all. That's why I was wondering.

Yeah I think for that reason str/att might be best. That's a good catch there Spath. I didn't think of it til you said something.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-05 00:41:11
Link | Citer | R

That's a fair enough point - I don't use an additional effect weapon, so my runes are up any time i'm not expending them with Lunge or Gambit.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 188 189 190