Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-25 18:45:19
Link | Citer | R

Because then you're idling in that element, contrary to what you just talked about?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-25 18:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Switch 3 runes, use Pflug, switch back- it's not rocket surgery
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-25 18:53:33
Link | Citer | R

Oh, I thought the status resistance switched with you when you did that.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-25 19:16:34
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-26 10:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Under the situation of no rolls, attack isn't capped, and no haste samba, which is generally better for pure DD; /sam, or /drk?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-26 10:20:08
Link | Citer | R

/sam is always better unless you're making the most out of last resorts short duration in a quick Zerg. /Drk is more properly geared towards a hybrid balance between excellent hate tools and useful dps abilities. But if you're going for dd, /sam
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-26 10:20:58
Link | Citer | R

Okay, thanks; didn't know if Smite and Last Resort's attack bonuses made up for more consistent stp and haste.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-26 10:53:51
Link | Citer | R

Well I imagine that if you're unbuffed and it's a longer fight, I can't see Last Resort winning. I actually play as /drk far more than /sam, but that's mainly due to wanting to be able to swap between hate roles and dd in any given scenario. /SAM doesn't hold any real advantages for tanking on RUN, so the hybrid /DRK is a nice balance. But in any practical scenario where I'd be DDing, I don't know how buff starved I'd really be. I'd pick /sam anyways if my purpose was just DD.

I guess it honestly depends on how long the fight is tbh. The moment LR wears off, dps falls off significantly.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-26 11:11:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
/sam is always better unless you're making the most out of last resorts short duration in a quick Zerg. /Drk is more properly geared towards a hybrid balance between excellent hate tools and useful dps abilities. But if you're going for dd, /sam

Is that the result from RUN sim? Because spreadsheet result appearantly shows /DRK winning in a 5 min fight.

Keep in mind that last resort is currently broken on RUN spreadsheet, so if you are using it to calculate damage then you have to manually add/remove JA haste from last resort.

Also have to point out that without roll, /DRK favors STP+10 back to maintain 5 hit, /SAM can go with DA+10 back. So if you are comparing the SJ without rolls they need to use different back piece for optimal results.

Here's the result from spreadsheet, no rolls, minimal buffs, emboldened temper up. Exactly identical TP/WS set except back piece:

/DRK, last resort up (3 min):
206 TP per hit, 829 DPS, 9989 ws avg.

/DRK, last resort down (2 min):
414 DPS, 7153 ws avg.

Avg DPS in 5 min fight: 663

/SAM, hasso and meditate over time up:
213 TP per hit, 574 DPS, 6981 ws avg.

Unless RUN sim shows different result or unless I got something wrong, safe to say that /DRK is superior DD SJ until attack capped.

I can post the sets used if you need, although I don't think it matters since they are all identical except TP back.

Edit: Forgot to mention I had embolden temper up in the calculation.
[+]
By geigei 2018-02-26 11:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Never tried /drk because i always get stupid buffs so /sam is my choice for dd.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-26 13:42:46
Link | Citer | R

That's interesting news to me. I guess I haven't specifically seen any scenario where you're not receiving full bus buffs. I'm usually /drk anyways but this is good to know.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-26 13:52:13
Link | Citer | R

last resort will also cap your delay when hasso won’t
By tyalangan 2018-02-26 14:03:10
Link | Citer | R

You may be referring to something else but isn't job ability delay capped at 25%? Last Resort as a sub will only give 15% via BG wiki.
By Afania 2018-02-26 14:07:28
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
You may be referring to something else but isn't job ability delay capped at 25%? Last Resort as a sub will only give 15% via BG wiki.

What he meant is that at capped magic haste(43.75%), gear haste(25%) and hasso (10%) total is 78.75%, so it's not 80%. Last resort is 15% haste so it caps at 80% if gear/magic haste capped.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-26 14:16:37
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
I sometimes Pflug in an element different from what I idle in, so I prefer those merits.
^ this for me too.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-26 15:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Unless RUN sim shows different result or unless I got something wrong, safe to say that /DRK is superior DD SJ until attack capped.

Bolded part is super important when dealing with a WS that has a -15% attack penalty on a job with zero native attack boosts. Smite II is +15% attack, Last Resort is another +15% attack.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-26 15:26:55
Link | Citer | R

Afania stupid questions but I'm gonna ask them anyway.
When you ran your sim:

1) Did you try to evaluate the additional DPS brought by Meditate and Sekkanoki?
2) Did you compare for a time long enough to show the JA haste difference between Hasso (which can be kept up 100% of the time) and Last Resort? (which can't)
3) Did you consider the different TP gearing? /SAM may bump you up in an X-Hit build or, worst case scenario, will allow you to use better gear in slots where you would otherwise pick inferior options because of STP when /DRK

I guess to a certain extant /DRK also has Soul Eater, but also the def loss from Last Resort, which is less of an issue for RUN than it is for other jobs going /DRK I guess, but still...
Anyway, I bet it's a bit harder to correctly evaluate these last 2 aspects in a sim.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-26 16:07:43
Link | Citer | R

soul eater wouldn’t be hard to do in a simulation
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-26 16:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Evaluating the damage bonus from Soul Eater is easy I imagine, but evaluating the reduced survivability is a tad harder.
This is kinda irrelevant in a spreadsheet, but in a simulation I feel like it's probably something to consider?

You definitely can't ignore it in content with dangerous, unavoidable AoE damage at least.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-26 16:46:07
Link | Citer | R

then it's up to the user to decide the trade off vs dps.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-26 16:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Considering that our DPS has gone up orders of magnitude since 75, while HP has gone up about 100%, Souleater is quite weak these days (unless using Dacnomania with thousands of extra HP from Drain III), anyway. I can't imagine it ever being worth it. Dark Knight gets halved HP consumption from job traits, and I still haven't used it outside of with Blood Weapon in literal years.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-26 23:20:08
Link | Citer | R

In terms of pure physical mitigation, would this be the best possible tanking set outside of Escha right now? Ignore the Epeolatry not being AG; Item Sets doesn't seem to be able to pick the other one.

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/357058

Cape has 30 VIT, 20 EVA/MEVA, +10 Enmity

It's got 76% PDT (for rounding purposes), Inquartata +10, +100 HP upon parry, 1% Counter, 11% Damage > MP, and Enmity loss reduction +12.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-26 23:41:01
Link | Citer | R

I prefer adding in more HP than that.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-26 23:42:07
Link | Citer | R

HP isn't physical mitigation, though.
By Afania 2018-02-27 00:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Afania stupid questions but I'm gonna ask them anyway.
When you ran your sim:

1) Did you try to evaluate the additional DPS brought by Meditate and Sekkanoki?
2) Did you compare for a time long enough to show the JA haste difference between Hasso (which can be kept up 100% of the time) and Last Resort? (which can't)
3) Did you consider the different TP gearing? /SAM may bump you up in an X-Hit build or, worst case scenario, will allow you to use better gear in slots where you would otherwise pick inferior options because of STP when /DRK

I guess to a certain extant /DRK also has Soul Eater, but also the def loss from Last Resort, which is less of an issue for RUN than it is for other jobs going /DRK I guess, but still...
Anyway, I bet it's a bit harder to correctly evaluate these last 2 aspects in a sim.

All of your questions were in original post if you read them : P

1) I used spreadsheet on page 1, not Austar's Sim. It has an option for meditate but not sekkanoki. Like I mentioned in original post, meditate was on.

2) Yes.....= = It's 3 min last resort 2 min no last resort then calculate the 5 min DPS avg manually v.s 5 min hasso. I listed duration of JA in original post too........

3) Like I said in original post, I changed back piece to DA+10 for /SAM to accommodate easier 5 hit. Im not aware of other better swaps besides back.

I did not aim for 4 hit because I don't want to sacrifice anymore multi attack than that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-27 00:26:06
Link | Citer | R

It also has absorbs dmg taken 2% from empyrean
By oyama 2018-02-27 01:02:47
Link | Citer | R

HP is generally important as a tanking stat, whether it's physical damage or not. It adds reliability due to less chance of oneshots or near oneshots. Certainly has a place in a physical set, what you give up to get it depends on what you're fighting and your preferences.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-27 01:37:57
Link | Citer | R

oyama said: »
HP is generally important as a tanking stat, whether it's physical damage or not. It adds reliability due to less chance of oneshots or near oneshots. Certainly has a place in a physical set, what you give up to get it depends on what you're fighting and your preferences.
Actual efficiency isn't the point of the set, which is just designed for reducing physical damage as much as possible (with a few special stats thrown in).

Also, when talking purely physical damage, what can nearly oneshot a RUN in 75% PDT and >2500 HP, anyway, other than like a Fu/Ou with 50 buffs? Generally, everything that can oneshot/oneround a RUN in max PDT and proper defense is either huge unresisted magic damage (like this month's monoceros) or gimmick damage (??? needles, Pain Sync, Unfaltering Bravado, etc).
By oyama 2018-02-27 03:30:16
Link | Citer | R

That's fair, but I guess I wasn't actually thinking of pure onshots. More like you get reduced a bit by adds or w/e then a big move takes you the rest of the way to dead. HP gives some breathing room. But I only just finished Epeo and haven't gotten a sense of what the PDT75 is really like yet.

But also, in a sense HP does mitigate physical damage by decreasing the relative effect of a given amount of damage, due to the larger pool. All I'd really change would be to replace the ethereal with an Odnowa, since ethereal doesn't actually mitigate damage in any way whereas 100 more hp would, even if only slightly and indirectly.
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 188 189 190