Calmecac Trousers - Contrast/Compare?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Calmecac Trousers - Contrast/Compare?
Calmecac Trousers - Contrast/Compare?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-03-26 11:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Just got these from Dragon Scales, and was planning to use them on THF and DRK.

On THF they are replacing +1 Raider's legs
On DRK they are replacing Jingang Hose.

For TP phase, where do you go from there gear wise? Is NNI gear the next jump for both?

Should note, haste is not capped on either yet.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-03-26 12:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: As long as your accuracy remains capped, but even then the -8 accuracy is about negated the multihit, so almost no sense swapping.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-26 12:28:30
Link | Citer | R

NNI or neo salvage would both be upgrades on either job, but to be honest, for thf, I'd +2 the raider legs for now and use those instead. And depending on where your acc is at on drk, I might not use calmecac at all and just stick with jingang for a bit until you can get a better upgrade.

Either way, your first goal should be capping haste, and if selling those legs helps you get the haste gear you need, that would be the best use of them I can think of.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-03-26 12:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Good point on selling them to get less marginal pieces, like a Gram.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-03-26 16:40:07
Link | Citer | R

22% haste on THF. THF body will cap. Don't think there are any AH pieces that'll significantly increase haste more than the 4% from body. Already have Brego hands.

Drk is 23%. +2 Body will bring to 24%. Those legs replaced Jingang, so broke even on haste. +2 Head +1 body +2 Hands, mentioned trousers, and Ace Leggings.

Greatsword capped and merited, and I intend in demeriting Scythe to max dagger, so accuracy shouldn't be too big an issue.

Thanks, I appreciate the input.
 Cerberus.Meatster
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2013-03-26 17:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Aluh would be a strong upgrade/mainhand over twilight knife. Probably best thing you could do after finishin raiders body+1.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-03-26 17:28:54
Link | Citer | R

Trousers were a gift, so can't soon part with them. Just trying to get an idea what to go to next.

Also, have Hoarfrost blade. Plan to use it till i finish collecting items for Fulgurante, so I feel pretty cozy with my pre-magian blade. Though Aluh would be a good investment next time the gil stacks up.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
Serveur: Cerberus
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-03-27 09:01:40
Link | Citer | R

There a decent piece to hold you over on drk.

If u go salvage route it's pretty easy i've cleared all zones as mnk/war and whm/rdm dual box. And sometimes trio a thf(mostly just tags). If u find 2ppl and make a deal that u each get 1 old slavage item+1(if u don't have nq), or 3~4new slavage pieces would seem the most fare.

NNI legs are nice for the STP+haste, haven't checked current changes but i'm sure it will still be possible to get to fl 80 x5 for them. You have sch make sure you know which sch is doing which buffs and be quick about it @jumps. This added sch info is not needed but ya i still get a bunch of suck *** sch's when /sh'ing for -non suck- >_>. Make a notepad /make a list of good Sch/DD and suck ppl. After a week you should have a pretty solid group and can start doing wins.

Thf your better off with af3+2 legs. I really have no idea what happened to thf since i took a long break, Thf at 90 wasn't bad but at 99 it's really shitty imo well still use full for TH but ya.

Oat is pretty bad ***, I have apoc depending on mob and buffs I'll use Oat when i can. It's not a rag but tp gain is pretty awesome.