Carbuncle.Smint
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Smint 2013-07-29 16:51:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sloery said: »
Anyone done the level 120 boss yet?
will i need full 6* to defeat it?

Shouldnt need to, can retry if you fail i think the notice says from the HP you took off.
By macsdf1 2013-07-29 18:24:27
Link | Citer | R

yeah just gota wait 10 min cooldown.

Best to wait till later to use though, for when you get a 5* with your 750000 bt. or wait till some new boss appear peeps say after more panels open.

So it's best to kill the highest boss or kill several lower ones?
By macsdf1 2013-07-29 18:47:03
Link | Citer | R

*** i picked 41-7 on accident, to use a TE or not haha.
 Carbuncle.Smint
By Carbuncle.Smint 2013-07-29 18:54:27
Link | Citer | R

So i decided to try make a table of the translated JP one!.... I couldnt figure out how to copy it over...

Quest name| Recommended Lv| Enemy Mons| Weakness| Defeated P| Music consumption|
Training| Yorumun Garde ? 1
Funds ? ? 1
Science Rosemary ? 1
Fugaku Xuanwu ? 2
Whip Constance ? 3
White wing Blanche ? 4
Lin caught Giraffe 5
Queen Lilith 30,000 6
Etude Ghost drum 15,000 3
Overture Ghost drum 30,000 5
Sonata Ghost drum 49,000 7
Finale Ghost drum 80,000 10
By macsdf1 2013-07-29 19:01:10
Link | Citer | R

so looks like best to kill strongest one i guess.
 Sylph.Auria
Serveur: Sylph
user: niktok
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-29 22:30:40
Link | Citer | R

macsdf1 said: »
so looks like best to kill strongest one i guess.

yeah, best to do the highest ones, even if you have to retry it multiple times. The BT points per music page spent are way higher.
By macsdf1 2013-07-29 22:32:36
Link | Citer | R

yeah just need to wait till the final ghost drum boss unlocks then use them all up, with a 5*.

if anyone has a 6* lemme borrow at the end for boss kiling lol.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-07-29 23:48:11
Link | Citer | R

idk if this still works, but it worked for me a while back for a similar event. for the Iphone version, after you get the "quest failed" screen, just exit the app (home button) relaunch the app and go back into the boss fight, it should let you reenter without any wait.

I personally did this while at work trying to zerg a boss rq during a quick break. though i haven't tried it since.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-30 06:55:03
Link | Citer | R

ugh... do i use my musical scores to try and rank in top 250 for the Early Start 6*? Or do I save them for the 2nd part for more BT. I'm WAY ahead of schedule for BT 6*, but that doesn't mean I'll stay that way (got a day planned at the water park this weekend so no grinding all day)...

what to do?
By macsdf1 2013-07-30 07:21:11
Link | Citer | R

if you're ahead of schedule why not? Guess depends how close you are to 250? What's early start mean anyways?
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-30 07:40:09
Link | Citer | R

macsdf1 said: »
if you're ahead of schedule why not? Guess depends how close you are to 250? What's early start mean anyways?

they're breaking this 2 week event into 2 1 week periods, 1st week has its own reward leader boards (6* for rank 1-250) and they're calling it the "headstart" period.

The 6* is NICE too, it's a melee unit with poison and triple attack (arena).

http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/Cardina

not in love with her card art, the surprised look kinda bugs me, but beggars can't be choosers.

Not sure I could get above 250 anyway without buying a few step up packs, and I'm trying to never spend money on this game again. lol
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-07-30 07:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Nice Speed and Range on that 6* too.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-30 07:50:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Nice Speed and Range on that 6* too.

ugh, yeah, makes the decision so hard. Add in the fact that I have no melee 6*s yet.

I suppose I could continue to grind and see where I stand mid-sunday, then burn the remaining scores I have if needed, and maybe get a few step up packs. I'm at rank 300 and I've been staying there pretty closely so far. (grinded like mad yesterday though)
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-30 09:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Just read that the new bosses in the 2nd phase can only be damaged by the event units... err.... say it aint so?!
 Carbuncle.Smint
By Carbuncle.Smint 2013-07-30 11:00:51
Link | Citer | R

It would make sense I guess since all the bosses are ghost drums... And all the event units are musicians?

Though can the sun kissed girls damage them? Or is this just gonna be another money grab from mobage where only the new 2nd week units can damage them...

I'd go for the 6* if you think it's doable. Even if you don't like her you could fetch a nice price or trade up when the next arena comes around (though the stop trading or something don't they?)

Some random ally I added yesterday started attacking me today... Not sure if they are just trolling... I mean they lost and all but still... Weird..
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-30 11:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Smint said: »
It would make sense I guess since all the bosses are ghost drums... And all the event units are musicians?

Though can the sun kissed girls damage them? Or is this just gonna be another money grab from mobage where only the new 2nd week units can damage them...

I'd go for the 6* if you think it's doable. Even if you don't like her you could fetch a nice price or trade up when the next arena comes around (though the stop trading or something don't they?)

Some random ally I added yesterday started attacking me today... Not sure if they are just trolling... I mean they lost and all but still... Weird..

Well, the 6* might not be as bad as it seems. Although it's still SUPER grindy, i think it's doable with an event 5 and the new bosses. I'm way ahead of schedule myself, but I've also killed king mandy 3 times now before realizing i should've held my scores until part 2. doh!

Hmm... not sure about random ally attacks. I had an ally a while ago that would periodically attack me, not sure what his deal was. He would never say anything or respond to my comments, so i finally just dropped him. He also had the mermaid unit as his main at level 32 for over 2 months, so something was off...
 Carbuncle.Smint
By Carbuncle.Smint 2013-07-30 11:25:39
Link | Citer | R

Pfft I'm definitely not even ranking this event I only managed 50k yesterday and even though I did a few quests when I could I just continue to fall.

Maybe everyone using their scores though and rocketing past me. Not sure tho
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-30 11:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Pfft I'm definitely not even ranking this event I only managed 50k yesterday and even though I did a few quests when I could I just continue to fall.

a lot of people are burning through their scores for sure, you had to be around 214k at end of day yesterday to be on target for 6*.

It's very grindcentric, so probably best to just play on relax mode
 Phoenix.Lilligant
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lilligant 2013-07-30 11:57:49
Link | Citer | R

Nice just pulled excella for my 4*+ ticket on my alt. big titty maid ftw!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Smint
By Carbuncle.Smint 2013-07-30 12:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Auria said: »

a lot of people are burning through their scores for sure, you had to be around 214k at end of day yesterday to be on target for 6*.

Yeah im not bothered for the 6* grind, i would lose any progress to it due to work funz. I was gonan try get the 5* since its somewhat more realistic for my lazy play... or more I play but i get distracted way too easy and forget to grind... I prefer the training events anyway

And the ally still attacks me lol... asked if theres any reason for it. Its no biggy obviously, hardly bankrupt with his single win so far... Just bugs me logging on to youve been attacked.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-30 13:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Auria said: »

Yeah im not bothered for the 6* grind, i would lose any progress to it due to work funz. I was gonan try get the 5* since its somewhat more realistic for my lazy play... or more I play but i get distracted way too easy and forget to grind... I prefer the training events anyway

And the ally still attacks me lol... asked if theres any reason for it. Its no biggy obviously, hardly bankrupt with his single win so far... Just bugs me logging on to youve been attacked.

Maybe he saw your defense as a challenge that he just had to overcome? Was his win the last attack or is he still going after he won?

Is anyone else going for 6*? Not a lot of people seem to be doing so. I edited the BT spreadsheet that helps with progression metrics if anyone is going for it and would like me to share a copy on my google drive.
 Phoenix.Lilligant
By Phoenix.Lilligant 2013-07-30 13:56:23
Link | Citer | R

I'm not, just kinda chillin this event to focus on some console games for a bit.
 Carbuncle.Smint
By Carbuncle.Smint 2013-07-30 14:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Its abit ridiculous the increase in BT for 6* each event, i know the new quests keep giving abit more BT, but Matahari was only 1.3mil though the highest BT from a boss was only 16k for 4 event tickets...

I guess they wont stop increasing it while people are happy to grind it out...

I wanted to get some quality console time in... but sirry xbox is dead and my ps3 diskdrive is borked... Why are downloaded game more expensive than the hard copies :(
 Phoenix.Lilligant
By Phoenix.Lilligant 2013-07-30 14:46:31
Link | Citer | R

So I was under the impression that Attack Boost units only boosted the attack of units that were within their range.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-30 14:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Lilligant said: »
So I was under the impression that Attack Boost units only boosted the attack of units that were within their range.

Nope! All units on the field of that type.

It's really quite an underutilized and under-represented skill sadly.

We need more units with the kind of variation like Camille.

I mean after all, once you get a couple Knockback, Poison, Slow and arena skill units, you can do everything in the game. You don't NEED anything new.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-30 14:58:02
Link | Citer | R

lmao

dunamis the hostess... what i wouldn't give to get my hands on those... units.

Phoenix.Lilligant
By Phoenix.Lilligant 2013-07-30 15:02:59
Link | Citer | R

They made Hitomi J-cup into a card lol
[+]
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-07-30 15:12:08
Link | Citer | R

Eesh, I REALLY want this event to be soon:

http://w.livedoor.jp/fantasica/d/%cd%c4%ce%b5%a4%ce%bc%e9%b8%ee%bc%d4

So many awesome pretty dragon/monster units!
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176 177 ... 201 202 203