First Page 2 3 ... 314 315 316 ... 363 364 365
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-03-13 08:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Even with support? I have GEO BRD and COR with me most everywhere I go or is that still a stretch?

It all depends on the content too.it should be covered on most things. Especially Escha, UNMs, Ambu, Etc
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-13 09:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Why so much focus on Asuran Fists for weapons other than Karambit though?
Multistep?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-13 09:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Just as a side point, for any up and coming MNKs out there who don't have Karambit/REMA yet, Emeici +1 (aug) looks pretty sweet for a full spread of useful stats for MNK:

177 dmg
+40-50acc
ta+3%
stp+5
pdt-4%
crit hit rate +10%
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-13 09:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Why so much focus on Asuran Fists for weapons other than Karambit though?
Multistep?

Oh no, like I said, it’s not that serious. But yes, Multistep; I’m just trying to get a somewhat nice number out of Asuran is all so I was curious.
By SimonSes 2020-03-13 10:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Even with support? I have GEO BRD and COR with me most everywhere I go or is that still a stretch?

If you Geo frailty with BOG, Dia II and Chaos/Honor then you are probably capped in most old 119 content, but what exactly you want to multistep in old content? Kei? I wouldnt use GEO on Kei personally.

That being said, I would probably use the same, not for PDL tho, but for store TP like you mentioned. Even that 50TP you can get on Asuran will probably transfer to more damage on Raging Fists+SC, than you could ever get on Asuran using different gear.

I would probably change Regal ring to Chirich tho. Even more store TP and closer to subtle blow cap.
By SimonSes 2020-03-13 10:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Just as a side point, for any up and coming MNKs out there who don't have Karambit/REMA yet, Emeici +1 (aug) looks pretty sweet for a full spread of useful stats for MNK:

177 dmg
+40-50acc
ta+3%
stp+5
pdt-4%
crit hit rate +10%

The only problem is that scales to make it are worth probably like 60M now. Big investment for something that will be replaced pretty fast and you can't really get even part of the gils back.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-13 10:45:53
Link | Citer | R

Simonses, Llewelyn, tagging you two as well like I did with Mr. Thorny.
I've been gathering some data on the duration of Boost.
In theory it should be your current delay x 4 / 60, but I'm getting slightly different numbers.
Brackets values are what we would expect with the calculation method I just described, the rest are the values I'm actually getting.

Tested this as /BLM with no form of buffs whatsoever, completely naked or with 17% Slow.

I wonder: where does this 4x value for Boost duration come from?
I looked into the original data from Fwahm on BG but I couldn't find anything about the 4x Duration.
I think this number could be wrong, or there's a more complex formula at play here.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-13 10:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Some observations:

* If there is an error in the delay calculation formula, it's not an exclusive error to the H2H part, because it involves the Staff numbers too
* Numbers with 3.5x multiplier instead of 4.0x seem to be in line with what I'm getting without slow for all of the weapons I tested...
* ...except Relic Knuckles numbers. But that could mean there's a high cap above which adding more delay won't produce longer duration? /shrug
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-13 10:48:15
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

If you Geo frailty with BOG, Dia II and Chaos/Honor then you are probably capped in most old 119 content, but what exactly you want to multistep in old content? Kei? I wouldnt use GEO on Kei personally.

That being said, I would probably use the same, not for PDL tho, but for store TP like you mentioned. Even that 50TP you can get on Asuran will probably transfer to more damage on Raging Fists+SC, than you could ever get on Asuran using different gear.

I would probably change Regal ring to Chirich tho. Even more store TP and closer to subtle blow cap.

Ahh Chirich.. good call.

Also, why no GEO for Kei? It’s fantastic imo.
Indi-Haste to help spikes as well as Frailty. Unless you’re referring to Fullers because I run out of range anyway so bubble won’t bother me (I know MNK can eat fillers but I did it on SAM first so the reflex is now engrained)

Otherwise cool, I just Multistep everything that has enough HP to do it. “Insta-kill all the things” is my motto.
By SimonSes 2020-03-13 10:55:53
Link | Citer | R

Unless you’re referring to Fullers because I run out of range anyway so bubble won’t bother me (I know MNK can eat fillers but I did it on SAM first so the reflex is now engrained)

Yeah I'm referring to that. I have 300 ping in FFXI, but even with better ping I simply wouldn't risk it. It takes time too. You need to stop around threshold and try to time next SC right, instead of simply down him from 100% to 0%. With just COR + BRD buffs I kill Kei in like 6 minutes or something like that, assuming it benediction around 50%.

EDIT: I also don't use Ja0wait.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-13 14:41:15
Link | Citer | R

Ahhh I gotcha. Yeah o definitely use tools but I perfectly understand if others do not wish to. That makes sense.
By AsAller 2020-03-18 18:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Could someone share a current subtle blow set? Is max native subtle blow for MNK 35?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-18 19:06:58
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Monk_Guide

Normal TP sets cap Subtle blow
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-20 13:46:38
Link | Citer | R

What delay with h2h does mnk start to need Martial Arts in gear? or is it just never? Will finish godhands at one point and it has a much higher delay then Vere
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-20 13:58:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
What delay with h2h does mnk start to need Martial Arts in gear? or is it just never? Will finish godhands at one point and it has a much higher delay then Vere

Ramuh.Austar said: »
okay to put it simple, with magic haste capped:

spharai: 4.56
glanz: 8.16
vere: -8.04
godhands: 12.48
saggita: 6.36
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-20 13:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Thank you

Edit: Assume Mache earring best way to go?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-20 16:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Yes, but never seen any monk actually use them.

You won't find anyone's TP set with mache earring. I dont know the math, but it does affect TP return because you're losing your delay.

Then again, I dont ever touch the bear claws.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-21 12:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Alright, quick question:
I just completed Godhands and have my lua setup to swap back and forth between Godhands and Verethragna based on if I have Impetus up or not. I also have a rule in place to prevent swapping if I have TP that I dont want wasted.

What would be a good number for said TP threshold?

Like if I only had 50 TP, pfft, no harm but losing 700 and only being one Melee round from WS? That's a problem.

I'm thinking 500+? right now I have it set for 700 but what would you guys think?

Edit: I use Mache Earring +1 for Godhands, I thought that was optimal for Delay Cap/DPS?
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-03-21 13:13:05
Link | Citer | R

You'll take AM3 off from Verethragna when Impetus is down or up then? Honestly wondering why anyone would swap at all.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-21 13:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Biglovin said: »
You'll take AM3 off from Verethragna when Impetus is down or up then? Honestly wondering why anyone would swap at all.

Cause spreadsheet said it's two dps better and you're gimp if you don't
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-21 14:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Normally I’d never touch Aftermath but H2H OTD effects still activate on ONLY the first hit? so losing Aftermath shouldn’t impact you very much at all.

Like this isn’t even new information, it was discussed in great detail several pages ago that having both is best if possible.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-21 14:02:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Cause spreadsheet said it's two dps better and you're gimp if you don't

On top of it being more dps optimal there is also huge factor that it can be way more fun. Switching weapons, WSs and maybe also skillchains is just more interesting than limiting yourself to vsmite spam.

Edit: I use Mache Earring +1 for Godhands, I thought that was optimal for Delay Cap/DPS?

It is optimal and I use them too. Just remember guys that empy body have 6 martial arts, so if you fulltime Godhands its probably not optimal to keep Mache also for Impetus with Bhikku.
By SimonSes 2020-03-21 14:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Normally I’d never touch Aftermath but H2H OTD effects still activate on ONLY the first hit? so losing Aftermath shouldn’t impact you very much at all.

That shitty h2h am mechanic is the reason why WAR with Ukon is stronger white damage dps, while without am3 MNK is significantly ahead.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-21 14:33:16
Link | Citer | R

Alright, quick question:
I just completed Godhands and have my lua setup to swap back and forth between Godhands and Verethragna based on if I have Impetus up or not. I also have a rule in place to prevent swapping if I have TP that I dont want wasted.

Like if I only had 50 TP, pfft, no harm but losing 700 and only being one Melee round from WS? That's a problem.

I'm thinking 500+? right now I have it set for 700 but what would you guys think?

Interested in seeing that code if you can share please
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-21 15:18:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Alright, quick question:

Interested in seeing that code if you can share please
Code
function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
    if player.tp > 700 then
        disable('main')
	else
        enable('main')
    end
    return meleeSet
end

Pretty crude really, but it's working pretty well. I place this in the back after sets. It's its own item and not tied to any other functions.

As for TP sets, I keep it simple. All things swap as normal but when Impetus is up, Vereth, Brutal/Cessance/Telos Earrings and Bhikku are swapped (Acc Stages, and honestly I hardly ever need anything more than normal Acc)

Or did you want the whole thing?

Also, disregard the STP mod on the Segomo, was about to needle it to DA.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-03-21 15:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Like this isn’t even new information, it was discussed in great detail several pages ago that having both is best if possible.

People don't know how to review the information that's already on this thread or use the search function - Instead, they need to be handheld and spoon-fed information. If you think otherwise you're a republican
By fillerbunny9 2020-03-21 16:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

People don't know how to review the information that's already on this thread or use the search function - Instead, they need to be handheld and spoon-fed information. If you think otherwise you're a republican
on the note of the search function, it frequently seems to be a crap shoot as to whether or not it will work.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-21 16:55:37
Link | Citer | R

Scram.
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-21 16:56:25
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »

on the note of the search function, it frequently seems to be a crap shoot as to whether or not it will work.

This isn't the first time that idiot has championed the use of a function that isn't reliable. He's just a malcontent; look at his post history.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-03-21 22:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Friedrik said: »
This isn't the first time that idiot has championed the use of a function that isn't reliable. He's just a malcontent; look at his post history.

It works enough to literally find any tidbit of info on the fly

But whatever... clog the forums with more derp questions -

Anyone know whats the best Rema is for mnk - Sorry search function only works on Thursday during lights day
First Page 2 3 ... 314 315 316 ... 363 364 365