First Page 2 3 ... 302 303 304 ... 363 364 365
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-11-22 02:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
You are greatly overestimating the impact of -enmity gear and of High Jump, which has 2 long minutes of cooldown.
You're also underestimating the amount of enmity generated by the damage done by MNK, especially during Impetus lol.

No chance for PUP to hold hate from any DD.
Christ, even a proper tank would have issues holding up from real DDs going all out if the fight lasts long enough.
Only chance of PUP tanking properly against a DD who's not holding out would be, I dunno, against THF if TA works on the automaton? I dunno about that.

Oh and NIN/DRG, with Innin, Yain and High Jump now I could see that working out (paired with the fact that NIN's damage output is nowhere close to a MNK's)

TA does not work on autos :(
By Ruaumoko 2019-11-22 03:42:25
Link | Citer | R

You are greatly overestimating the impact of -enmity gear and of High Jump, which has 2 long minutes of cooldown.
You're also underestimating the amount of enmity generated by the damage done by MNK, especially during Impetus lol.

Christ, even a proper tank would have issues holding up from real DDs going all out if the fight lasts long enough.
Only chance of PUP tanking properly against a DD who's not holding out would be, I dunno, against THF if TA works on the automaton? I dunno about that.

Oh and NIN/DRG, with Innin, Yain and High Jump now I could see that working out (paired with the fact that NIN's damage output is nowhere close to a MNK's)
I've actually held hate off Verethragna MNKs, post-update. With a solid Enmity set in Utsusemi: Ni and San rotating the two gives a pretty steep and steady stream of hate. Issekigan is also a god-send for hate gain.

PUP's going to have to use Overdrive with both Strobes, the Flashbulb and both Optic Fibers AND Heady Artifice's Invincible to even stand a chance of holding hate.
By SimonSes 2019-11-22 04:14:01
Link | Citer | R

Im pretty sure it depends on target lvl heavily. The high lvl targets (like true high level not low lvl with boosted stats) has greatly reduced enmity gain from damage. You can easily notice that on high lvl targets RUN can throw few high enmity spells and you wont be able to get hate of him even with several high damage phsysical WSs, while on low lvl target, you will take hate even auto attacking for high damage. Im not exactly sure about the formula working behind that, but its very easily noticeable on wave 3 boss too, when afaik you need to deal few M of damage to reach hate cap (while at low lvl targets it's like 100(???) times less). Im not even sure if you would ever reach hate cap on wave 3 boss in standard few melee dps + cors setup if you would have -50 enmity the entire time (from soul voice Dirge for example).

Going outside of the bounds of this thread I also see no reason to pair PUP with MNK tbh. The best pair with PUP tank would be Annihilator RNG, Wildfire COR|RNG, Magic WS DD, SMN, 2nd PUP, SCH or BLM.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-22 05:12:54
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Im not even sure if you would ever reach hate cap on wave 3 boss in standard few melee dps + cors setup if you would have -50 enmity the entire time (from soul voice Dirge for example).
In my experience on NIN (no Dirge, but Innin + Yain + Shigi) yes, you do reach the cap eventually but it takes much more time and each time a shadow is cancelled to absorb incoming damage, some of your enmity gets reduced as well.

I was /WAR though, I would assume with /DRG and using High Jump on cooldown, you probably would never reach that, which is quite awesome if you ask me.
Not that I'm advocating for NIN, but it's one small cool thing about them I guess.

Eeeeh, I suppose every job can get the same level of performance with SV Dirge, back then Dirge wasn't exactely common to have around though.
Plus the fights lasted more than the time SV dirge stays on you anyway (~11 mins if you play it safe)

Quote:
Going outside of the bounds of this thread I also see no reason to pair PUP with MNK tbh. The best pair with PUP tank would be Annihilator RNG, Wildfire COR|RNG, Magic WS DD, SMN, 2nd PUP, SCH or BLM.
Absolutely agree.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-11-24 15:27:49
Link | Citer | R

How often do you find yourselves in a Counter Rate+ set? Making AF+3 and wondering if I should bother spending 10m on legs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-24 16:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Not too often. Maybe in dynamis if you're facing multiple dangerous monsters and want to mitigate damage. Or if youre amnesia/slowed or whatever. I just have a max counter toggle for occasional tanking.

If you're worried about cost though, just use an augmented Ta'lab Trousers to split the difference. Offers TA+Counter if you have them lying around. Can go cheap with Herc Trousers Counter +3~5 augment as well, but it's not even that important to fuss over.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-27 06:24:28
Link | Citer | R

How much MA is needed from gear to capped attack speed under capped magic/gear haste?
By SimonSes 2019-11-27 07:59:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pusheen said: »
How much MA is needed from gear to capped attack speed under capped magic/gear haste?

This was asked many times even in the past few weeks. Look last several pages. It's different for each weapon.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-27 08:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
okay to put it simple, with magic haste capped:

spharai: 4.56
glanz: 8.16
vere: -8.04
godhands: 12.48
saggita: 6.36

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-27 09:04:44
Link | Citer | R

mache earring +1
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-27 09:20:02
Link | Citer | R

Ryuo Tekko +1.
Opinions on paths?
Before the last patch I would've said A, but after that I'm no longer sure and I'm pondering on D.
Anybody already did some extensive tests by any chance?
By SimonSes 2019-11-27 10:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Ryuo Tekko +1.
Opinions on paths?
Before the last patch I would've said A, but after that I'm no longer sure and I'm pondering on D.
Anybody already did some extensive tests by any chance?

I think this one is in category "doesnt matter"
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-27 10:25:58
Link | Citer | R

They're THAT close? Wow.
By SimonSes 2019-11-27 13:56:11
Link | Citer | R

A is better on sheet.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-27 18:10:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

So all tp sets should have +13 MA?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 18:16:17
Link | Citer | R

Mache+1 on anything that isn't godhands will give you negative stp

and it will on godhands too with bhikku body, it's minor amounts
[+]
By AsAller 2019-11-29 07:05:44
Link | Citer | R

What is best way to solo Radiance? I am finding the ultimate skill chains a bit confusing to read.

Is there somewhere that details all of them?
By SimonSes 2019-11-29 08:10:01
Link | Citer | R

AsAller said: »
What is best way to solo Radiance? I am finding the ultimate skill chains a bit confusing to read.

Is there somewhere that details all of them?

Shijin 3000TP > Shijin (not 100% sure it will work, I dont use it)
Shijin 3000TP > Vsmite (not 100% sure it will work, I dont use it)
Shijin 2000TP > Vsmite > Vsmite
Tornado > Shijin > Shijin > Shijin
Shijin > Tornado > Shijin > Shijin > Shijin

There is more probably, but I think those are the best.
By AsAller 2019-11-29 08:19:48
Link | Citer | R

Thank you! This is very helpful. I was in a good CP party last night and was so confused as I would get it sometimes and not others. I do not think the skillchains addon monitors ultimate skillchains correctly. It would say Radiance was Shijin > VS > VS. I assume it doesn't account for AM level?

Post deleted by User.
By eeternal 2019-11-29 09:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Not too sure.. don't have R15 godhands.. it might be worth it.

If anyone here has R15 godhands.. how's shijin?
By SimonSes 2019-11-29 09:14:29
Link | Citer | R

eeternal said: »
Not too sure.. don't have R15 godhands.. it might be worth it.

If anyone here has R15 godhands.. how's shijin?

I have R13 and I use it almost exclusively when I want to do Radiance and I do it with Tornado > 3x Shijin or Shijin > Tornado > 3x Shijin. Works great of Kei for example (4 boxed with MNK WHM COR BRD).

Shijin is ok. It cant rival R15 Veret Vsmites with Impetus up, but Impetus down is whole different world.
By eeternal 2019-11-29 09:23:33
Link | Citer | R

Interesting.. I might actually R15 it
By AsAller 2019-11-29 09:51:54
Link | Citer | R

If just have one augmented Adhemar Bonnet, would you do A or B?

Post deleted by User.
By Aerix 2019-11-29 10:20:41
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Shijin 2000TP > Vsmite > Vsmite.

This SC sadly doesn't work with Godhands. Seems to ignore Frag/Fusion elements and just makes a Lv. 4 Light directly.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-29 11:15:35
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Is Shijin damage so bad that it's better to do
Shijin 2000TP > Vsmite > Vsmite
than
Tornado > Shijin > Shijin > Shijin
?

I dont see how shijan is so bad. I dont use godhands and only have 2 merits into the weaponskill. Also I dont have the space to properly bis the whole thing and I still see 29k for its damage.
This is with r15 Vere though

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 302 303 304 ... 363 364 365