Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 277 278 279 ... 363 364 365
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-13 00:36:28
Link | Citer | R

That was my set before all of these changes. In the other thread, Howling Fist is really, really strong with a MA proc, so it might stand to add in some. When attack is capped, go PDL. I just rarely find myself in those situations often, so I'm Fotia most of the time.
By SimonSes 2019-10-13 03:02:13
Link | Citer | R

JSE+2 neck easily wins with any other neck for any WS if you can use that +10% PDL. Now one more thing. If you are not attack capped but above 2.8 pdif, you should use Howling Fist with JSE neck, instead of RF. 50% attack bonus on HF will not only cap regular pdif then but also pdif with JSE neck and easily beat undercapped RF.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-13 05:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Nothing really changed. You were still supposed to chose between RF HF TK and VS pre update.

Only difference is now is AF and SS are better linkers. and they universally do more damage.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-13 09:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Nothing really changed. You were still supposed to chose between RF HF TK and VS pre update.

Only difference is now is AF and SS are better linkers. and they universally do more damage.

That and I think it's now a DPS gain to WS earlier than before when using HF/RF/TK. Unless I'm mistaken I think it was 2000-2250 with Godhands previously, now it's around 1500 according to SimonSes.
By SimonSes 2019-10-13 12:15:14
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

That and I think it's now a DPS gain to WS earlier than before when using HF/RF/TK. Unless I'm mistaken I think it was 2000-2250 with Godhands previously, now it's around 1500 according to SimonSes.

It was actually kinda weird before. All weapons, beside Godhands, were reaching optimal dps with RF/TK used at ~2500 TP. Godhand tho, was best to use RF/TK asap, but there very little dps loss when you was holding TP. Now the best moment is to use those WSs at 2000TP (effective 2250 with moonshade) with all weapons but Godhands (1500 with Godhands and also effective 2250 with moonshade).
By eeternal 2019-10-13 12:43:23
Link | Citer | R

With this update, I feel SU5 path a is optimal especially with the tp overflow (+25stp)
By Rafai 2019-10-13 12:55:32
Link | Citer | R

So what's the best weapon to use now? Should I finish Vere and R15, or just R15 my godhands.. or do glanz and r15?
By Mrgrim 2019-10-13 13:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Rafai said: »
So what's the best weapon to use now? Should I finish Vere and R15, or just R15 my godhands.. or do glanz and r15?

For me it depends, if you play with other DDs I would say vere and spam VS, otherwise if you only DD and relying on SCs for extra dmg u can go with GH. For this month's ambu I am using vere so I can keep dmg going when the amnesia aura hits me.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-13 13:47:33
Link | Citer | R

Mrgrim said: »
Rafai said: »

For me it depends, if you play with other DDs I would say vere and spam VS, otherwise if you only DD and relying on SCs for extra dmg u can go with GH. For this month's ambu I am using vere so I can keep dmg going when the amnesia aura hits me.

I was using Vere. Switched it up to relic for ambu. Did a counter set and I'm tanking. We never stop attacking, so amnesia never wears off. So it surprisingly enough does some extremely great damage just idling attacking.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-13 23:08:03
Link | Citer | R

This is fun.
By alamihgo 2019-10-14 00:08:15
Link | Citer | R

Btw, for people using Godhands over faster HTH now: unless I'm mistaken, even a mastered MNK needs a Mache Earring +1 to cap Delay with them. Not sure if Dedition or Brutal could possibly be a DPS gain over capped Delay, but I somewhat doubt it.

Just something to keep in mind for max white damage TP setups.
Using formula from https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Attack_Speed -

Minimum Godhands delay: 123.6
(480 Base + 138 Weapon)*.2 Delay cap = 123.6

Master MNK with capped gear and magic haste: 127.5
(480 Base + 138 Weapon Delay - 210 Martial Arts Delay)(1024 - 256 Equipment Haste - 448 Magic Haste)/1024 = 127.5

Bhikku body will have you covered during Impetus, but I'd sooner use Dedition over Mache at haste cap.
 Fairy.Khory
Serveur: Fairy
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-14 06:58:04
Link | Citer | R

With the new WS changes, where does Karambit and Spharai stand?

I Think Spharai got left behind when it was already behind with no Adjustments to Final Heaven...

Karambit on the other hand had a decent improvement on Asuran Fists, but I have no idea where it stands in relation to the Better options of Vere and Godhands.

Any takers?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-14 07:13:33
Link | Citer | R

Karambit: got better for AF
Spharai: Nothing is stopping you from using one of the other WS that were improved, so by default it "got better" in general.

All weapons improved. Spharai is last on REMA hierarchy, but it's a tanking weapon anyways so that's not surprising.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-14 08:00:41
Link | Citer | R

If you have Spharai, you are completely fine as a MNK DD, so long as the rest of your sets are up to par. Before this update, I would use Spharai R15 occasionally and it could still pump out some pretty decent numbers. People would ask which weapon was "better", but the question is misleading most of the time. I never felt like it was horribly lagging behind other options, it was always just a different weapons. With all of the changes to Monk's primary WSs, the weapon is good for what Monk will do well (punch/kick (60 attack), subtle blow, counter).

If you want to compare max theoretical potential damage vs other top end options, sure, it may be "Weaker". But it's still a good weapon and you won't be laughed at for using it. Now I wouldn't dump ~220M into making one from scratch since you can grab a Godhands or Su5 out of the box and be better off. But if you already had one before, or if you're partway to finishing R15, finish it up. Won't be a waste of money if you get use out of it.

edit: One very very very small (but potentially useful application) bonus to Spharai is that the Aftermath adds 10 Subtle Blow. This means that for all of your Monk offensive actions, you only need 5 more Subtle Blow from gear to cap SB1. Given the current gear sets for every WS, capping SB requires no changes to your sets, so you don't have to worry about that for maintaining low tp feed. So while the damage may fall behind, the other stats help reach some of the highest caps you can get from gear without any gear alterations (Kicks and Counter primarily). So take those small bonuses and weigh them accordingly, where other weapons are generally just raw damage.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-14 08:26:57
Link | Citer | R

I’m still using destroyers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-14 08:32:36
Link | Citer | R

OG Monk confirmed, brought me back over a decade.
[+]
 Asura.Clydon
user: Hinote
By Asura.Clydon 2019-10-14 12:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Does anybody have fully updated sets on their profile I can look through? I haven't geared MNK since abyssea days, but I've missed it and want to get back into it. Basically starting from scratch though.

Also, should I use different TP sets for Impetus up/down or is it just using different WSs?
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 12:43:00
Link | Citer | R

This is what I threw together for shits and giggles as a fun set. I have a lot of the pieces, not all of them though.

ItemSet 369076

ItemSet 369024

I am sure some real monks though would point out flaws here XD
In most cases though i went for str/vit/acc over attack since I figure im almost always in a situation where I am getting buffs.

Howling, while wildly all over the place, averages about 40k (it swings between like 25k and 70k lol) but the high numbers are pretty common since 40% triple attack + 3% quad attack + 25% double attack is entirely stackable. I am not there yet, of course, but still seeing up to 70ks with some frequency.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-14 12:51:56
Link | Citer | R

I can post some of my sets on AH. I didn't realize i could share my stuff, but people have been asking me for them and lua (i dont use lua, so dont ask me for mine) and i didn't think to put them online. Will take me a few hours though.

For Impetus Up, you need Bhikku Cyclas +1 for TP and Smite (fulltime; the damage is nice). For Impetus down, you have several options. Can go back to Kendatsuba Samue +1, as is standard. Personally, I use Ashera since the attack and STP is rather nice to have along with the huge HP. If you have neither, Adhemar Bonnet +1 is fine. If you are using Smite (impetus down), Anchorite Cyclas +3 is nice. Not sure if that has changed since the recent WS update, but that's what I use for now.

Eternal - what is the purpose of those rings in that set? MNK only needs 15 Subtle Blow to cap, and Niqmaddu is much better as an option since it goes beyond the cap. I don't think going out of your way to ad Subtle Blow is necessary on MNK. You can just as easily use one piece of Kendatsuba +1 and be fine. You lose a malignance piece, but you keep near the same meva and rack up offensive power.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 12:55:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I can post some of my sets on AH. I didn't realize i could share my stuff, but people have been asking me for them and lua (i dont use lua, so dont ask me for mine) and i didn't think to put them online. Will take me a few hours though.

For Impetus Up, you need Bhikku Cyclas +1 for TP and Smite (fulltime; the damage is nice). For Impetus down, you have several options. Can go back to Kendatsuba Samue +1, as is standard. Personally, I use Ashera since the attack and STP is rather nice to have along with the huge HP. If you have neither, Adhemar Bonnet +1 is fine. If you are using Smite (impetus down), Anchorite Cyclas +3 is nice. Not sure if that has changed since the recent WS update, but that's what I use for now.

Eternal - what is the purpose of those rings in that set? MNK only needs 15 Subtle Blow to cap, and Niqmaddu is much better as an option since it goes beyond the cap. I don't think going out of your way to ad Subtle Blow is necessary on MNK. You can just as easily use one piece of Kendatsuba +1 and be fine. You lose a malignance piece, but you keep near the same meva and rack up offensive power.

I mostly tossed it together in short order, and i was using the chirach for +acc/+sTP lol. Probably not needed though, but this was tossed together over about 10 minutes. I am sure i could do a much better job with more detailed information and more time spent XD

You think I should use Kenda body and the rings I use for WSing for the TP set?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-14 13:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Not sure what buffs you're running. That set has no attack, so your white damage will suffer. Don't disregard multi-attack in tp phase; MNK gets a ton of it. There are hybrid pieces that include both STP and MA (Samn legs, Adhemar hands +1) so you can pick both. With as slow as Godhands are, the STP is nice but you trade that for the chance for a lot of MA. If goal is to get TP as fast as possible for WS, that set will probably do less damage and might hit tp slower. But not sure if this is with or without capped buffs.

Gere Ring and Niqmaddu is pretty standard for MNK. Should never leave those slots for really anything besides maybe Epaminonda's/Regal Ring (Asuran). And Relic Legs+3/Feet+3 are really good white damage/tp pieces, because they give you an additional chance to attack per round. Plus the feet make your kicks pretty rad. I wouldn't value STP over those unless it was some type of specialty hybrid. And even before then, there's Kenda and Herc feet for 6 TA total (plus Subtle blow)
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 13:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Buffs are typical super-buff jank. (Honor, minuet, chaos, sam, fury)

As far as the gear itself, its mostly for dynamis D. Its one reason I like malig. since all the Meva/-DT/etc.

ItemSet 369076

More like this then?

Large drop in store tp, but a lot more multi attack. And some very vicious kicks lol.

That said, also a sharp loss in -DT which can always be an issue depending on how things play out. Probably best to just make two sets, one for when i wont die horribly and one for when I will lol.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-14 13:26:22
Link | Citer | R

alamihgo said: »
Btw, for people using Godhands over faster HTH now: unless I'm mistaken, even a mastered MNK needs a Mache Earring +1 to cap Delay with them. Not sure if Dedition or Brutal could possibly be a DPS gain over capped Delay, but I somewhat doubt it.

Just something to keep in mind for max white damage TP setups.
Using formula from https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Attack_Speed -

Minimum Godhands delay: 123.6
(480 Base + 138 Weapon)*.2 Delay cap = 123.6

Master MNK with capped gear and magic haste: 127.5
(480 Base + 138 Weapon Delay - 210 Martial Arts Delay)(1024 - 256 Equipment Haste - 448 Magic Haste)/1024 = 127.5

Bhikku body will have you covered during Impetus, but I'd sooner use Dedition over Mache at haste cap.
you need 12.something to cap, not 5

(480+138)*0.2 = (270+138-x) * ((1024-256-448)/1024)

solving for x gives 12.48
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-14 13:43:43
Link | Citer | R

I didn't know what your set was for, it just said "Mnk TP" in header, which is why I was asking. Using Malignance as a whole for DT/Meva with capped buffs makes perfect sense, outside of maybe the rings. Can disregard most of what I said, as I assumed it was for just a standard TP set.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 13:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Ill make sure to add more context next time XD

For rings, you are probably right, not worth capping sub blow when there are 7ish other DDs lol.

Now a better question is, what is the best sub job when you are getting max buffed?

/War is nice for 10% double attack and the acc bonuses from aggressor, but honestly, thats all it does. Is there any truly good sub job at this point when max buffed for Mnk though?
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-14 14:15:04
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm maybe DRG? It’s being reported that the 7% boost from sub is a flat boost to the sum and not only the first hit so this might be very useful for a high buff situation to maximize damage.

Report was made in the SAM forum
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 14:16:41
Link | Citer | R

It might be worth trying.

It brings that 7% WSD, an acc bonus and a conserve tp bonus. The high jump can be useful too. I wouldnt put too much stock in jump/high jump normally though since the lengthy CDs.

But as far as JA's go, War is giving berserk (capped atk already), aggressor (nice acc bonus), and defender (lol). Oh and warcry (but we are already atk capped like listed above).

So there is a good chance its one of the better options now. Plus, if kicks can trigger on a jump, I have extra reasons... because flying kick attack.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-14 16:24:20
Link | Citer | R

I usually do war or dnc and the occasional ninja. Interested in see /DRG in the fold.
First Page 2 3 ... 277 278 279 ... 363 364 365