Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Ok so lets theorycraft

Victory smite -> Critical hit rate up to like 20-35-50%
Raging Fists -> fTP scaling changed to 5 - 7.5 - 10
Asuran Fists -> Replicating fTP and fTP per hit up to 1.5
Tornado Kick -> fTP scaling changed to 4 - 6 - 8
Howling Fist - > fTP scaling changed to 4 - 7 - 9
I'm assuming basically what they did to daggers.

Simons post but include f t p up for mythic and relic. And you forgot shijin. Shijin basically mirror asuran adjustment.

I would like to see mods on asuran raised too though.
 Asura.Biglovin
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-10-03 14:24:03
Link | Citer | R

Ok so lets theorycraft

Karambit says hello.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-03 14:26:16
Link | Citer | R

Even with 50% and replicating f t p and higher mods asuran is bad.

All of that might get it to 35k. Non karambit would still be low 20s if that.

Lucky to get 10k out of karambit asuran. (Not super buffed)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 14:42:13
Link | Citer | R

Even with karambit, AF is kind of meh. There is a lot of potential for it though, and I used to love that WS before it sank to the bottom and was merely a SC linker.

But about dat final heaven... Come on, anything?? Lol
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 14:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Ok so lets theorycraft

Karambit says hello.

This is with Karambit in mind, dont worry.
Even with 13.6 fTP with Fotia belt/gorget it wouldnt be anywhere close to OP with Karambit. It has very poor modifiers dropping the base damage by a lot and has no ability to be boosted further (its capped at 8hits already and cant crit). That change would make it at best 70% better than it is now and now it does like 15000 with Karambit? So it would be 25, maybe 30k top with no ability to spike. It would still be weak actually, but at least a little better.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 15:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Now that we're talking about it, I really wouldn't mind if they boosted all of the WS used primarily for Godhands: radiance. TK/DK, Asuran, Raging. Since we're reduced to using such poor WS when impetus is down for a good chain, boosting them to something moderate would be nice.

More people own Godhands than verethragna anyways, and the people with verethragna would still default to smite spam whenever applicable.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-03 15:28:10
Link | Citer | R

Cries in shitjin spiral.
By Crossbones 2019-10-03 15:28:22
Link | Citer | R

If they made shijin either have

A. FTP similar to upheaval where all of your dmg is on the first hit and it scales well with TP

B. FTP similar to reso where it has a good FTP mod that transfers to all hits but has an attack penalty

I would be pretty good with this. Shijin is the big radiance tool and is the main WS attached to Godhands so it's an absolute shame that it sucks as bad as it does. Having to wait til damn near capped TP to use raging / howling with doo-doo SC properties sucks ballsack when impetus is down. Also sucks cause shijin animation is YOU THROW POKEMANS at the mob and I wanna see more of that.

They can really do a little bit with this update and drastically change the landscape or they can throw a ton of nicknacks that ultimately equates to nothing (overthinking of boost for example).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 15:52:17
Link | Citer | R

I am holding off on spending these swarts until I see how good Godhands (or Trishula) could potentially become. If they fix Shijin beyond plague (i'm totally good with -200~ tp tick plague fix) to be something resolution/upheaval-wise, I would so be for this. Not gonna get my hopes up for it, but Shijin Spiral is by far my favorite WS to use. There is nothing cooler looking than that spinning tatsumaki at the end and the "Godhands flex" pose.
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 16:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
and the people with verethragna would still default to smite spam whenever applicable.

It was exactly why I listed those WSs I listed above, but I was actually thinking about Veret :P

You can make Asuran > Raging > Vsmite > Vsmite with Verethranga. Not a Radiance, but that double light on the end has big chance to be at 80-99k damage anyway with Impetus up.
By Nariont 2019-10-03 16:17:19
Link | Citer | R

super buff Ascetic's Fury so the 3 glanz mnks can finally feel like they didnt waste their time/money
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-03 16:45:55
Link | Citer | R

If you give it 15% 30% and 60% damage increase along with the likely 100% crit rate it's the best ws in the game.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-10-03 16:46:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm on my phone and could be wrong but I thought that jse backs only had crit hit rate, not damage.
By Nariont 2019-10-03 16:47:18
Link | Citer | R

at best the only thing smite "needs" is ftp replication, its already competitive when impetus is up. Also donno how you get crit dmg on ambu capes
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 16:50:03
Link | Citer | R

You cant.

They probably won't touch Victory Smite. I would be shocked if they did, since it's such a powerhouse. They really just need to update the other WS so they perform better when Impetus is down and the dps goes way down.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-03 16:55:12
Link | Citer | R

I mean I said it just 2 pages back, but man some of the stuff suggested is so batshit crazy its really not surprising they ignore players when they ask for "updates"

Like you don't even realize how obscene some of it is. Anything more than a little crit rate boost (to bring it back to what it used to be) breaks the ***out of it. I guess when everything has been broken this long you don't even realize how broken it would be.
By Fayona 2019-10-03 17:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Here’s hoping Monkdate breaks WSD% again ????
By Taint 2019-10-03 17:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You cant.

They probably won't touch Victory Smite. I would be shocked if they did, since it's such a powerhouse. They really just need to update the other WS so they perform better when Impetus is down and the dps goes way down.

Smite is not a powerhouse next to Fudo,Upheaval,Torcleaver,Stardiver,Savage etc.

Going back to old crit boost would be a good first step.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-03 17:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Going back to old crit boost would be a good first step.
Not that I would complain, but I don't think it would be such a big change in the end.
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 17:52:21
Link | Citer | R

I dont think Vsmite is powerhouse that cant be touched in fear of making it OP and buffing it's crit rate won't break it. On the other hand, replicating its fTP at the level it is now (2.25fTP) would be utterly broken beyond imagination and people who suggest that has no a slightest idea of balance.

Just to make it easier to understand. Vsmite is now 5.25 fTP . It would be 9 with replicated fTP (9.4 with Fotia neck). Now on avg fTP would probably jump from around 6 to around 11.5, so +91% damage. So avg Vsmite at 1000TP during Impetus would jump from ~36k to ~68k. You would constantly see 99k Vsmites too with some TA proc with enough impetus stacks. It would be totally the most powerful WS in game to spam at 1000TP and on job with highest (outside of very specific Ukonvasara setups) white damage in game.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-10-03 20:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Erm, WAR also gets the best bang for the buck build using Dolichenus/Kaja. Decimation is a stupidly good 1k spammer, and basically just needs a standard 100% mh TP set.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-03 21:10:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Monk isn't supposed to be competitive with 80k torcleavers. If they make the ws that good there is no reason to play any other job. At least pretend theres some balance.

A big no to monkwagon v2.0

Monk isn't supposed to be competitive? If it were Drk doing 30k Torcleavers and mnk doing 80k smites. You would have came out saying, "Drk isn't suppose to be competitive with Mnk."

You just contradicted yourself so damn hard. There's already no reason to play Mnk because of the other jobs existing. You're ousting one to favor another one. Or extremely butt hurt that the job that's been 'trash' for so many years might possibly have a come back.

Also, who in the world said Monk isn't suppose to be competitive? Who is monk suppose to be competitive with then, Mr. Expert? I can tell you right now it's not competitive with Geo, they're not even in the same realm. They're classified under the DD category. It's only competitive with impetus when it comes to other DDs. So it's about damn time.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-04 00:06:14
Link | Citer | R

He's saying MNK shouldn't be doing 80k weapon skills, not that MNK shouldn't be brought up to a place of good balance with the other DPS. And he's absolutely correct on that point.

Also, pointing out MNK only does good damage under Impetus is... well, yeah, that's the point. No DPS, especially melee, do acceptable damage without buffs, be it personal or outside buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-04 00:27:05
Link | Citer | R

I'll try to make it simple and direct. When a "light" dd is equal to or surpasses a "heavy" dd you have absolutely zero reason to play the "heavy" dd.

Monk has a place, it's not "the meta" but it's a place. If you move it into the meta, it has to replace something in the meta... and if you move drk (for example) out of the meta, it has no place to go. Drk has absolutely zero utility, it can only DD. If Monk has the same output as a drk, you're going to take a monk everytime because by default its harder to glasscannon monk than drk. (counterstance withstanding!)

See; Blu 2015ish-2018
See; Drg 2002-Current
See; Pld 2018-Current
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-04 00:41:44
Link | Citer | R

you're going to take a monk everytime because by default its harder to glasscannon monk than drk.
Granted I absolutely and wholehartedly agree with what you're trying to say, may I disagree on the specific example? DRK these days with Drain 3 can be pretty durable, unless they lack Hybrid/DT sets and go around spamming Soul Eater like there's no tomorrow, which could be said for MNK as well if they keep Counterstance up 100% of the time I suppose.

But yeah, just wanted to point out this specific example you made. The core of what you said stands true and despite me being biased over MNK (my first lv75 job!) I think it's in a good position, the position where it only needs small tweaks.

...or rather if it were me I'd change many things, like nerfing Impetus a tiny small bit but boosting MNK a bit outside of Impetus and stuff like that, but clearly that's hard to do and beyond SE's reach atm so I'll call myself happy enough if they don't "break" MNK with the upcoming patch lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-04 00:42:34
Link | Citer | R

It's just an example. Don't read too much into it. I only chose DRK because torcleaver was the measuring stick.

Monks "Standard" set is by default more idiot-proof, it's safer. You don't need to pray that the monk is in an 'oshit' set or a hybrid set, it's automatic. Not so much for "untitled heavy dd job". (again, just an example)

Ok like, imagine if a 200lb boxer could hit as hard as a 400lb boxer. That 400lb boxer is straight ***. the 200lb guy is faster and still just as strong. Obvious who would win. (9 times out of 10 big guy could get a lucky shot)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-04 01:13:57
Link | Citer | R

I'll try to make it simple and direct. When a "light" dd is equal to or surpasses a "heavy" dd you have absolutely zero reason to play the "heavy" dd.

Monk has a place, it's not "the meta" but it's a place. If you move it into the meta, it has to replace something in the meta... and if you move drk (for example) out of the meta, it has no place to go. Drk has absolutely zero utility, it can only DD. If Monk has the same output as a drk, you're going to take a monk everytime because by default its harder to glasscannon monk than drk. (counterstance withstanding!)

See; Blu 2015ish-2018
See; Drg 2002-Current
See; Pld 2018-Current

This is why when THF month comes around I mostly just want changes to traits (subtle blow) and our hate mechanic "role" (TA sheds hate onto target, Hide always drops hate, etc.)

Monk is stupidly good at a lot of things, it's just not top tier DPS. And the community is stupid and only cares about DPS. Monk has had at least 3 "eras" where it was King (75 KRT style, Abyssea shared with NIN, and early Adoulin) and that'll return again if it can do the same damage as DD's without its utilities and survival. I already think the community is dumb for only caring about best case DPS numbers, a little sad I won't finish Vere and get to see what Monk can do before this update, but I'm just too lazy to push it lol
First Page 2 3 ... 264 265 266 ... 363 364 365