By Taint 2019-06-10 07:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
The new ring replaces Epona?

It does.
[+]
By eeternal 2019-06-15 07:38:27
Link | Citer | R

I know its nothing new :) especially that thinker takes 50% blunt damage but good to see almost 80k melee attack!

Odin.Vikter
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2019-06-20 16:18:11
Link | Citer | R

Anyone got some WS gear updates?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-20 17:35:53
Link | Citer | R

I dropped Regal ring in most of my sets in favor of Gere Ring. Don't have the math behind it, don't care. Niqmaddu/Gere is fresh as fk (Epam/Niq - Epam/Gere not sure which wins but both look sweet).

Niqmaddu gets the nod due to the other stats over Gere for RF/VS/TK/SS/FH. I still rock the Epaminondas, don't have Karieyh. One of the math gurus will chime in shortly with the numbers, but you can't tell me "Nigmaddu Gere" don't sound like the flyest ish eva
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2019-06-20 20:29:30
Link | Citer | R

speak english
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
Serveur: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2019-06-21 09:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ophaneus' Belt
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
eeternal said: »
Wanted to ask about BiS for both Cataclysm and spinning attack?

IDK about BIS, but here's what I use for Cataclysm.

ItemSet 367005

Upgrades in set would be Novia Earring for Crematio, Baetyl Pendant for Sanctity, Ophaneus' Belt in place of Yamabuki-no-obi. Alber Strap if you happen to have it handy. Cape I just use WSD/STR, but unsure if MAB/STR would be better. Didn't go out of my way to test which one was better, since it's so niche and I have little-no use for it anymore after capping MNK cards. It's still cool for Dynamis Midbosses.

As for Spinning Attack, I just use my Howling Fist set and swap out the Moonshade. The WS is so weak, hardly use it.

Actually (edit), looking at new ambu staff, it's probably way better for Cataclysm. Forgot Monk could use this, but it should easily win, especially considering the Macc difference.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Xoanon

Yep after some test, Ambu staff win for cataclysme, but retribution is pretty "mehh"
user: Lilfrosty
By Asura.Krunchymuffin 2019-07-03 10:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, I know there is a ton of pages, I went thru quite a few, it doesn't seem like the main page is super up to date with gear sets . . . at least from my limited knowledge of MNK anyway. Could someone post current TP Gear, just for fodder stuff like apex~ish mobs.

Also I have Vere from abyssea area it isn't finished to 119, should I spend the gil to finish or just get Godhands? Again, just for CP farming and maybe like NM's for escha clears(Not HELM's)

Appreciate the help ahead of time ^^ Happy gaming / 4th of July for those in the U.S.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-07-03 11:08:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Krunchymuffin said: »
Hey guys, I know there is a ton of pages, I went thru quite a few, it doesn't seem like the main page is super up to date with gear sets . . . at least from my limited knowledge of MNK anyway. Could someone post current TP Gear, just for fodder stuff like apex~ish mobs.

Also I have Vere from abyssea area it isn't finished to 119, should I spend the gil to finish or just get Godhands? Again, just for CP farming and maybe like NM's for escha clears(Not HELM's)

Appreciate the help ahead of time ^^ Happy gaming / 4th of July for those in the U.S.

Vere. Hands down. They're well worth it if you use the victory smite sets used in these forums.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-03 14:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Sherida should be on one of those ears. (the right ear)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-03 15:28:32
Link | Citer | R

Legs and feet are always a subject for debate. Sam legs and herc feet are pretty standard for weak fodder. But if you're a kicking fanatic, thumbs up. I started out with that build for most things. Now I'm just kendatsuba for ease.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-03 15:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Legs and feet were debated by stupid people. Kick attacks were good 100 pages ago.

No one would bat an eyelash for adding 1 DA but add 10 kick attacks and everyone loses their minds. losing the meva does kinda suck though, under conditions. ..........and inventory space........ you know, you can just rock 5/5 kend and be golden on all 3 jobs without losing that much

can't wait for them emp legs (and obviously body)

We're running really close to 100% kicks (and 100% with footwork) you're really doing yourself a disservice not wearing AF feet.
83% base, 98% with AM(spharai) 84/99 If you use Bhikku legs
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-04 01:48:30
Link | Citer | R

Despite the lower stats, Empy legs+1 proved to be quite competitive (situationally better, surprisingly) with Relic+3 legs.
I think that was because of the STP on them?

Kicks builds vs Multiattack builds proved to be very close to each other. One won over the other situationally but regardless they were both very close.

If someone has the +2 neck though I think Kick builds will probably perform better and I would personally aim for that route.

I agree though that 5/5 Kendatsuba+1 is a no brainer in general, with minimal loss and many other pros.
On MNK though you need to be absolutely sure you have a logic to swap your TP body to Emp+1 when Impetus is up. That's the key to MNK being a "decent DD" these days.
Without it you're back under the mediocrity tag.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-04 01:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Basically to make a simple scheme:

> Impetus is what makes MNK really really good for 3 mins every 5 (especially, but not limited to, if you own Verethragna)
> 99% acc cap is what makes Impetus reliable during those 3 minutes
> Emp+1 body is what makes Impetus really worth it during those 3 minutes
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-07-04 11:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody mathed out the best combined use/rotation of our JAs, in an "average" situation?
Granted "average" means very little...

I suppose:
1) Capped Accuracy
2) Capped magic haste
3) Some att buffs, but not capped (pre and I would assume post impetus 50 charges as well)

Lately I've been using the following sequence, on a rotation of 5 mins, but I'm not sure it's the best.

min 0
Impetus+Focus
Min 2
Berserk+Focus+Warcry (Impetus still has 1 min left)
Min 3
Footwork (Berserk still has 2 mins left)

Rinse and repeat. I noticed in my parses this helped me reduce the gap between when imp is up or down, but I'm not sure this is ideal...
Previously I was syncronizing Berserk and Impetus, which comes in handy since they have the same duration.

I am interested in this. I always use them all like a lazy moron to avoid the JA delay. I would store TP for a beefy long duration kick attack aftermath (I use spharai) during the down time and maybe get to 2k tp before the next cycle to throw a beefed up Tornado Kick as soon as I get footwork up.
By Aerix 2019-07-05 16:36:05
Link | Citer | R

With the advent of Physical Damage Limit+ you'll probably want to maximize your Impetus phase as much as possible, even if you already get bonus Attack from it. Popping JAs midway through Impetus just wastes valuable duration even if it's only a few seconds, so you really want to avoid the action delay when you use 1-3x JA > WS no matter how small. This also means avoiding JA use after either Focus or Warcry.

Footwork already has a %-based Attack bonus attached to it, which should always be more significant than the potentially +100 Attack Impetus gives--therefore it shouldn't be affected by the lack of Berserk as much. But you can line it up with Warcry, which shares the same recast and has a low duration as well.

So Berserk > Impetus > Focus x2 > Berserk/Impetus wear off > Footwork > Warcry > Footwork wears off > 50s downtime (Boost AA?) > repeat

The downtime sucks, but in my opinion it's better to maximize your best phases than try to have mediocre damage all the way through. Of course, as with everything, this is situational and depends on what you're fighting.
 Odin.Unzero
user: Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-10 18:08:11
Link | Citer | R

Trying to build my monk up for low manning stuff and there are 200 pages to sort though, and I'm looking to put together a Subtle Blow set, is there anywhere to find a low/mid/high subtle blow set?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-10 18:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Literally all of the BIS pieces are Subtle Blow/II. Kendatsuba+1 (Adhemar +1), Sherida Earring, Niqmaddu Ring, Moonbow Belt +1. You're done.
[+]
 Odin.Unzero
user: Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-10 18:20:21
Link | Citer | R

Thank you very very much :) Does Monk's Roll count towards the cap?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-10 18:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Yes and it's a useless roll for monk, or other jobs for the most part. Auspice covers about half of base SB. Even without it, many light DD jobs have no problem attaining high SB, and every job can use a Su5 to get 75% SB.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-07-20 13:16:30
Link | Citer | R

About 900 job points into monk, and building karambit. I have a few questions.

For footwork, It seems like the 10% attack boost boots are worth getting for JA activation. But the attack boost only affects kicks and kick ws, right? Should I wear the af +2 feet during the duration of footwork for the additional +100 attack. And is Tornado Kick best performed in my wsd set?( ive been using warcry with footwork too)

Also, with Impetus up, I tp in the bhikku body, should I be wearing it for smite as well?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-07-24 12:59:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bayonette said: »
About 900 job points into monk, and building karambit. I have a few questions.

For footwork, It seems like the 10% attack boost boots are worth getting for JA activation. But the attack boost only affects kicks and kick ws, right? Should I wear the af +2 feet during the duration of footwork for the additional +100 attack. And is Tornado Kick best performed in my wsd set?( ive been using warcry with footwork too)

Also, with Impetus up, I tp in the bhikku body, should I be wearing it for smite as well?

You definitely want empy body while TP and use it for victory smite as well.

I believe you're right. It only works for kick weapon skills and kick attacks. And youd want to wear the boots while footwork is up.
I know someone posted numbers in other pages. Showing R15 Vere can just spam victory smite even through footwork being up. Other than that, I think all other weapons need to use those kick weapon skills when footwork is up.
Correct me if wrong there. That's what I do though myself.
By Mrgrim 2019-08-03 20:22:19
Link | Citer | R

For Raging Fists on attack capped situation. Do you guys get better numbers from it with Epam/Niq Combo? I been using Niq/Regal on my RF sets and I'm wondering how significant is the dmg jump when using Epam/Niq or Epam/Karyieh +1.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-03 20:27:44
Link | Citer | R

The difference is negligable at best. What you need is a Gere though~

@1000 Godhands(15)
23207 Niq/Regal
23222 Niq/Epona
23233 Niq/Epamin
23321 Niq/Kareiyh+1
23371 Niq/Gere
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-05 16:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Are the upgrades to Mnk gear helping it become a stable DD again, or is it still lolmnk?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-05 16:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Never not going to be lolmnk
First Page 2 3 ... 257 258 259 ... 363 364 365