iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 238 239 240 ... 363 364 365
 Sylph.Ticktick
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2019-02-02 17:17:51
Link | Citer | R

has footwork always worn off immediately after using a ws?
 Leviathan.Dekay
Serveur: Leviathan
user: dekayx
By Leviathan.Dekay 2019-02-02 17:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ticktick said: »

It shouldn't wear off after a WS. That's not how it behaves when I use it. Maybe it was dispelled?
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-02-02 18:10:59
Link | Citer | R

Footwork last for 1 Min unless taken off or dispelled.
 Shiva.Applesmash
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-02-02 19:12:47
Link | Citer | R

You're probably using an old gearswap file that automatically cancels it after WS, mine was doing the same thing.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Serveur: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2019-02-02 21:51:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Applesmash said: »

You're probably using an old gearswap file that automatically cancels it after WS, mine was doing the same thing.

ah, so it was.
By Cronnus 2019-02-04 06:05:39
Link | Citer | R

So what do you guys think on mnk with /drk? I haven't had time to play around with work right now. Maybe better in zerg situations? Or does that double attack just too good to lose on monk?

Warrior you get 10% DA, Bsrserk, war cry, aggressor. Smite I (trait), damage limit I (trait)

Drk smite I & II (trait). Attack bonus I & II (trait), Last Resort, damage limit I & II (trait).
By Nariont 2019-02-04 06:18:25
Link | Citer | R

mnk gets PDL 3/smite 2 naturally, so you can scratch those out.
So all drk is giving you is LR/SE/atk bonus 2 as /war gives atk bonus 1 as a sub.

War pretty much wins
[+]
By Cronnus 2019-02-04 06:21:21
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
mnk gets PDL 3/smite 2 naturally, so you can scratch those out.
So all drk is giving you is LR/SE/atk bonus 2 as /war gives atk bonus 1 as a sub.

War pretty much wins

Ah, yeah that completely slipped my mind. Thank you, sir.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-02-04 09:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Cronnus said: »
So what do you guys think on mnk with /drk?

it was great in 2006!

if you know a fight will only last 60-90 secs max, /drk is pretty nice for the good ole' last resort / soul eater hundred fists, but really at that point it doesn't matter unless there's a weird magic damage only component that you want to formless strikes for, but the uses are pretty much niche, and not worth worrying about too much.

(that's my opinion though, I've been away from the game for quite a bit, started playing again in Oct.)
By Nariont 2019-02-04 09:59:10
Link | Citer | R

has a tiny niche in solo omen where you want to do mb objectives without summoning shan, while also keeping some atk related buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-02-08 10:19:14
Link | Citer | R

I still have a bit of work to do on VS set(Omen Cards>.>) However I find raging fist outside of Footwork Tornado Kick to be my strongest WS. VS can hit up to 35K for me but I've done 55k Raging Fist and 50k Tornado Kicks. Howling Fist does nothing for me.

Raging Fist Spam FTW!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-08 10:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Upgrade them new shits and lemme know how they look with Asuran Fists. Shoulda been Asuran Fist Damage + 500%.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-02-08 10:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Upgrade them new shits and lemme know how they look with Asuran Fists. Shoulda been Asuran Fist Damage + 500%.
Does the WSD work across all hits? Well the hits that connect anyways.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-08 10:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Thats the question we all want answered
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-08 10:36:01
Link | Citer | R

There's no way they could put a 50% damage buff across an 8-hit ws, after just putting h2h accuracy at 99%. But it does look nice as the instant "get this" option for MNK who doesn't have REMA. And since Asuran Fists is kind of needed for one of MNKs good multistep SC, this is really kind of good.

I almost wish Blade: Kamu got an improvement just so 5 step NIN radiance didn't have to take a step back with that ws.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-08 10:37:39
Link | Citer | R

It's not even that big of a boost, it just makes asuran actually useable (if, it's across all hits)

I mean right now with "all teh buffz" you get like a 12k asuran fists? maybe 15?
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-02-19 23:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
is the consensus still godhands>Vere>SU5>Spharai>Mythic?
yes and no
 Carbuncle.Deathhaven
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Deathhaven 2019-02-20 00:52:47
Link | Citer | R

function job_aftercast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' and not spell.interrupted and state.FootworkWS and state.Buff.Footwork then
send_command('empty') <------
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-02-20 02:40:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm assuming all hits because Decimation has been doing insanely well for me.
By SimonSes 2019-02-20 05:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kalimairo said: »
yes and no

It's simple no, there is no yes. Unless we talking about not R15 weapons. R15 Veret is far above other options.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-02-20 05:53:21
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Kalimairo said: »
yes and no

It's simple no, there is no yes. Unless we talking about not R15 weapons. R15 Veret is far above other options.

He was replying to my 4 month old post. After getting them all I'd argue it's Vere>>>>>SU5>Godhands>Sparhai>mythic
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-20 06:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Is Sagitta really better than r15 godhands? And I'm afraid Glanzfaust is alas much further below the others than a single ">". Or at least it was, not sure if r15 changed anything but I doubt

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Dsuza 2019-02-22 21:03:09
Link | Citer | R

So I just found out about something that most likely everyone that reads/posts in this thread knows:

Has to do with Vere Aftermath:

"Unlike Relics, Empyrean double damage can proc on any additional hits (Double Attack, Triple Attack, Zanshin) initiated by the weapon. It cannot proc on Counters or Retaliations, and Verethragna is strange in that it can only proc on hits generated by one of the hands and only on the first hit."

Has anyone asked and/or has SE ever made a comment acknowledging this? Is it too much wishful thinking to think this may be some sort of glitch?

Probably
By SimonSes 2019-02-22 22:15:59
Link | Citer | R

Dsuza said: »
So I just found out about something that most likely everyone that reads/posts in this thread knows:

Has to do with Vere Aftermath:

"Unlike Relics, Empyrean double damage can proc on any additional hits (Double Attack, Triple Attack, Zanshin) initiated by the weapon. It cannot proc on Counters or Retaliations, and Verethragna is strange in that it can only proc on hits generated by one of the hands and only on the first hit."

Has anyone asked and/or has SE ever made a comment acknowledging this? Is it too much wishful thinking to think this may be some sort of glitch?

Probably

I kinda think it's intended. With MNK's split of white vs WS damage, making Su5 and Veret ODD-ODT works on all hits, evne on single hand, would instantly make them FAR superior to any other MNK's weapons. I mean Veret is superior even now, with ODT working like that, it would be light years ahead of anything else.
By Ruaumoko 2019-02-22 23:25:29
Link | Citer | R

Not to mention Vereth's effect working on multiple hits would be insanely broken in it's own right, probably putting it well ahead of other DDs in max buff situations.

People will notice strings of high-end Impetus AM3 crits for 8-12k going off.
By SimonSes 2019-02-23 02:57:16
Link | Citer | R

All below info is from my own calculations, so feel free to correct me.

Well tbh not many ppl know this I think, but WAR with 1hrs and ukonvasara am3 can reach like 10000 dps with just melee swings. This is almost twice more than monk on max impetus right now and like 40~50% more than monk on max impetus with veret working on all hits of one hand.

But yeah that would be only for 30 sek.

I dont think that am3 working on all hits of one hand would be broken in general. After all it would be really powerful only with 50 impetus stacks. Impetus alone is only up for 60% of a time and currently without Impetus, monk's white dps with am3 is not greater than Caladbolg DRK with am3 and behind Ukonvasara WAR woth am3. Actually even THF has higher white damage with Twashtar am3 than monk with am3 veret without Impetus.
By Dsuza 2019-02-23 08:32:33
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I felt like it would make a huge difference, but I didn't realize by that much.

I was mainly looking at it like:

"What the hell, every other job it works for but not Monk. Why is SE giving Monk the ***end of the stick yet again" etc.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2019-02-23 10:44:39
Link | Citer | R

The argument back in the day was that other 1H empyrean users didn't get ODD procs on their offhand, so MNK shouldn't either.

That argument holds some water, but I have always viewed the fact that it can't proc on one hand's multi-attacks as an error. I also always argued that AM should apply to 100% of swings for 1H weapons because they apply to all swings for 2H weapons.
[+]
By Dsuza 2019-02-23 12:08:30
Link | Citer | R

I feel like it should also be able to proc on 1 hand at least.

Could anyone please tell me the best way to ask/get the Dev's attention and ask them about this?

I'm assuming the official forums? I'm not familiar with them or have ever posted on them. Just browsed them a bit just now.

Could anyone recommend the best section on those forums (or anywhere) to ask them about this, and if it is indeed some sort of error (of if it is not a error, if they would consider possibly making it activate on 1 hand at least)

Thanks guys
First Page 2 3 ... 238 239 240 ... 363 364 365