Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224 ... 363 364 365
By SimonSes 2018-10-19 17:59:10
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Spharai is insanely good for soloing, and counter build just makes it even better.

Yeah, I'm actually getting Spharai in like 20 minutes :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-10-19 18:56:14
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Yeah, I'm actually getting Spharai in like 20 minutes :P

/psych /joy
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-20 12:03:24
Link | Citer | R

I put DA on mine but I have not seen anything that would indicate if that's actually better.

Maybe it's weapon based and dependent if you have AM up or not. Monk's WSD output is kind of low anyways, so it doesn't totally hurt MNK to hold onto TP a bit longer, since they scale well with TP. They do, however, excel in white damage. For this reason, I felt the extra swings from DA would benefit MNK more than STP (reaching 1k faster), but I've no hard numbers to justify this and it's just my own reasoning.
By SimonSes 2018-10-20 14:17:51
Link | Citer | R

I have crit rate on mine, but I'm not 100% convinced to that either. I think STP might be best when you stack a lot of kick attack (spharai and relic+3 legs), while DA might be better when you focus on hands swings. Now crit is good when you are tanking and you counter a lot and also for white damage in general especially during impetus up. It's all only a feeling tho. Also I couldn't tell which one to make, when you only plan to make one.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-20 14:59:22
Link | Citer | R

I always felt like da for Monk is universally better unless you've got a really good stp build you don't want to mess up. It's not like Monk is subbing samurai though, so between ninja and warrior sub, it comes down to which one will benefit you the most. I'd still recommend new monks who are limited on space to make a double attack and Dex one, and a strength wsd one. Stp may be better but I think it's a set kind of thing. For most builds, da is safer
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-20 15:04:52
Link | Citer | R

DA/STP for any jobs cape is minimal gain either way. The only difference being DA might activate, and STP is always active on every hit.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Horu
Serveur: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2018-10-20 23:09:45
Link | Citer | R

all depends on the KA/DA/TA/QA (KDTQ) values I think? if you have enough stp to reach 1000tp within 2-3 swings, then you move onto KDTQ to build higher amount of hits per round.

Having said that, you need to balance KDTQ -> stp as well, look at your gear set, see how well you achieve 1000%tp+ with your current set, if you fall short of 1000 in 2-3 rounds (Something like 970), then go stp, otherwise go DA.

If your built for white dmg, KDTQ still outdoes crit for white dmg along with building tp if your pDif is high enough (Reaching about 2.0+) since crits only add 1.0 per hit (Pretty much if your in a party with proper buffs. DA->crit for white dmg)
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-21 11:04:00
Link | Citer | R

I did some simple calculations with WAR on DA vs TA. It essentially means 2 things. #1 every TA will reduce a bit of DA effectiveness while adding a bit more multi-attack. #2 the more DA you have, the less multi-attack TA will give you.

I think it was like at 50% DA, every TA would only increase your multi-attack by 1.5 instead of 2.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-22 08:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Monk would have around 34% TA and 31% DA in a Kendatsuba+1 TP set. It's all dependent on your sets. In that kind of build, Monk would suffer heavily in the STP department, so a STP cape might make sense. For a more versatile and standard build (Kick focused) using Herculean/Samnuha Tights/Hesychast's Hose/Anchorite/Adhemar+1, you'd get a more balance spread of stats (Multi-Attack, Critical Hit, Kicks), so you'd be a little more flexible depending on what your goals are. I Believe a true Monk could make all 3 TP capes (Crit, DA, STP), and just swap according to the buff/circumstance.

Monk is about being balanced in several areas, and weapon choice greatly influences the build. I can't recommend any superior build for any monk, because they are all very good and barely a difference between all of them. But I've always liked balanced builds vs crit or ma focused builds, but then again it does depend on what I'm fighting.
 Leviathan.Dekay
user: dekayx
By Leviathan.Dekay 2018-10-24 00:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone played with the DynaD fists yet? Which augment path between A and B would you suggest?

I am very torn. I only have the Su4/HQ version but thought they would be a fun toy.

Does the double damage only proc on one fist and not on WS?

Same question for FUA, Is it only one fist?

I am leaning towards the double damage / store tp path.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-26 09:33:31
Link | Citer | R

General community doesn't value MNK, which means they don't care for SBII either. So the damage path is the most ideal. Of course, that augment only works on main-hand swings anyways. If you're going for pure-damage, it would be Path A, since it gives STP which is always helpful, regardless of whether a FUA or not. It also creates a quicker attack round for you to get your TP for next ws.

The dynamis div page says this about which hand it activates on:
Route A (Main hand only)
Route B (Main hand only)

If I were to translate that for H2H, it would mean either your first first, or your first (two) swings, but I highly doubt the latter. Path A seems better for the "Damage meta" thing everyone cares about, but I would probably pick Path B personally if I were making one. Damage is damage, but nobody does SB like MNK, even if nobody cares.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-27 17:10:35
Link | Citer | R

The main hand only part is c/ped to all weapons, they have no augment effects if no mainhanded. I wouldn't take that to mean they don't effect offhand swings.

Is MNK actually losing the DMG:+ on their offhand too? If so, that's amazingly stingy of SE since they don't actually get an offhand weapon for stat boosts.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-27 18:22:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Is MNK actually losing the DMG:+ on their offhand too?
Nope, DMG rating applies to all punches. But the DD or FUA only applies to first hit of one hand, unlike DW where triple damage can apply to any swing of that weapon.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-10-27 18:29:03
Link | Citer | R

This would be the same as the Vereth AM bug.
 Bahamut.Omegus
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2018-11-04 12:33:38
Link | Citer | R

hey guys is anyone here having issue with the mnk's nodowa +1 giving dex and mnd instead of str.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-04 15:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Can't tell if you're being serious or trolling. The path augments are Dex and mnd, str not included
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-04 15:27:26
Link | Citer | R

or option C: someone dropped the ball when filling out the wiki
[+]
 Bahamut.Omegus
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2018-11-04 15:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Not trolling just asking, and I think kyte is right as the bgwiki appears to be wrong.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-04 16:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Gotcha my apologies. I reported on the first day it was definitely dex and mnd because I raged at the mnd portion. I thought maybe there was a chance the mnd was possibly a typo and was actually giving strength instead.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-11-04 17:19:34
Link | Citer | R

monk's nodowa/+1/+2 and jse neck pages have been fixed to show dex/mnd.
[+]
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2018-11-05 14:55:16
Link | Citer | R

what do monks use now a days for gears ?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-05 15:04:39
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 361480

I use Kendatsuba/+1 3/5~5/5 for most of everything (I use Jinpachi+1 and Sune Ate+1 over above posted set)
Can use Adhemar Wristbands/Bonnet/Jacket/+1 for TP to substitute until Su3 gear.
AF Feet are an easy to acquire stand-in until then
Relic Legs are good, but you can get by with Samnuha Tights; Downgrades/Sidegrades are pretty self-explanatory.
Weapon is whatever you have, Godhands > Empyrean > Mythic > Spharai > Jolt Counter/+1

WS stuff: To many things to explain, See Byrths post

By Ruaumoko 2018-11-13 02:37:08
Link | Citer | R

Do we know if the Counter Attack+ on the Anchorite Hose and Hes. Gaiters is a % increase to Attack during a Counter or whether it's a flat +Attack bonus?
By SimonSes 2018-11-13 04:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Do we know if the Counter Attack+ on the Anchorite Hose and Hes. Gaiters is a % increase to Attack during a Counter or whether it's a flat +Attack bonus?

Its more like + flat base damage bonus
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-11-13 05:13:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Weapon is whatever you have, Godhands > Empyrean > Mythic > Spharai > Jolt Counter/+1

And the Sagitta path A maybe ?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 06:16:51
Link | Citer | R

That's probably right ahead of Spharai in terms of damage, or right under it depending on if maxed. Not the most impressive h2h but it's end game worthy. Thanks for pointing that out
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-13 07:00:36
Link | Citer | R

You sure Buukki?
If I recall the tier list of RMEA weapons for MNK pre-augment was

Verethragna > Godhands / Spharai >>> Glanzfaust.

Godhands was pretty close to Vere, sometimes ahead. Spharai was sorta in the same place, better/worse according to variables.
Glanzfaust was far behind.

Given how the augs give boosts of different entity to different weapon categories and how Aeonic tipically are the ones who gain the least out of the augs, shouldn't nowadays' tier list be something like:

Verethragna >>> Spharai > Godhands > Glanzfaust

No?
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-11-13 09:12:01
Link | Citer | R

The thing i like in the path A su5 is the STP+25 and the DT 10%, more easy to make a dt set in case of aggro (more melee focused).

ItemSet 362951

Dunno if the double dmg will jump your dps.
First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224 ... 363 364 365