users online
Forum » FFXIV » Suggestions » Item storage & organization
Item storage & organization
 Shiva.Ninaa
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Ninaa 2009-06-21 16:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Besides just having more room to hold stuff, I would like to see storage consolidated into simple categories. Instead of having the safe, locker, satchel, storage, and bag, and have all your items spread throughout, could you not just have one spot with more room?

I would also like it if you could auto arrange items by a category, like move all weapons to the top, or headpieces, etc. Or have weapons and armors in a separate box.

Lastly, Armor sets. It would be nice if you could make a 'set' of armor that you could quickly pullout of your storage, sort of like in the Monster hunter games, if you haven't played them, they allow you to register armor sets that you would use for different situations, and you can just go to your box, select a set, and poof, it's equipped...

Mostly I would just like to spend less time searching through all my items to equip myself when I want to change jobs.
[+]
 Kujata.Bossman
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Bossman 2009-06-21 16:55:05
Link | Citer | R

congratulations
 Shiva.Ninaa
By Shiva.Ninaa 2009-06-21 16:57:33
Link | Citer | R

Bossman said:
congratulations

??
 Asura.Shua
Serveur: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-06-21 17:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like you, yourself need organizing..
Make it easy.
Have you Satchel (assuming w/ 80 slots) Hold 1~2 (maybe 3) jobs of armor.
Have your Mog Locker hold your keys or Storage. And disburse the rest of your many (Assuming armour sets for many jobs) though Mog Locker and Mog Safe.

That being said.
My satchel only holds 60.
And still i fit SAM RDM and parts of my DRK gear in there, np.

I also keep a stack of sneak / invis meds in there '-'b (never know when your going to need them :D).

Just my two cents.
 Shiva.Ninaa
By Shiva.Ninaa 2009-06-21 17:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Shua said:
Sounds like you, yourself need organizing..

Granted.

I try to keep things organized, I keep my DNC and BLU gear on me, in my bag and satchel, as well as tools and food and other things that I need to have available in the field.

I keep items I don't need in storage, because of it's limited accessibility. The problem is when I don't have a lot of free space. so I have to juggle things around to make space, and over time things become unorganized, and I have to sit and sort for an hour to get it all back to where it should be.

I can't be the only one that has trouble juggling things around, and it could be easier, so why not make it easier?

Edit. My gobbie bag is 55 spaces, I am a broke-*** ;; so that is one problem. But even after adding the satchel I ran into the same old problems...
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-06-21 17:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Shua said:
Have you Satchel (assuming w/ 80 slots) Hold 1~2 (maybe 3) jobs of armor.
Have your Mog Locker hold your keys or Storage. And disburse the rest of your many (Assuming armour sets for many jobs) though Mog Locker and Mog Safe.

That's basically how I do it. Event gear that isn't NPC storable and keys go into storage, second jobs and currently in work jobs get Safe, and leveled jobs/crafting materials (pack rat) get the Locker. No Satchel yet, but the idea would be to put my main job and currently in work jobs' gear in there while out doing w/e.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-21 20:29:09
Link | Citer | R

Regardless of how you go AROUND storing all your gear in 5 different places, it's still a storage concern that you're working around for the most part. It's doing much to help you by being split up so much unless you have a really good system, but even a good system can get messed up when you find yourself with a few extra things you need to sell or extra gear etc.

Consolodating all the inventory is a good idea imo, but I especially like the armour set idea (as was mentioned in another thread). Being able to create an item set just like we have on FFXIAH, and then being able to equip that whole set, or move that whole set in and out of storage would be whoresome.