Dagger skill +242
Parrying skill +242
Magic Accuracy skill +188
"Triple Attack"+3%
Additional effect: Wind damage
Unity Ranking: AGI+10-15
THF

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/124717-Jan.-15-2015-Version-Update/page3

Some serious leg secretion going on right now...
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-15 10:00:41
Link | Citer | R

Any increase to my THF DPS makes me happy.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-01-15 10:04:04
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Jugo Kukri +1
DMG:82 Delay:142 ≺Element: Air≻+20
Evasion+22 Magic Accuracy+21
Dagger skill +242
Parrying skill +242
Magic Accuracy skill +188
"Triple Attack"+3%
Additional effect: Wind damage
Unity Ranking: AGI+10-15
THF

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/124717-Jan.-15-2015-Version-Update/page3

Some serious leg secretion going on right now...

woke up like...

and my inner hater was like...
YouTube Video Placeholder

edit:
and my dnc was like

[+]
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-01-15 10:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
Did the fight 6 times with a group of 7. 2 nq daggers, 1 hq dagger, 1 nq staff, 1 hq staff.

Mob seems weak at first, but has this flying move, it usually spams it in a burst of 3+ times. Stun lands but doesnt really stop it just delays. Suggest all melee run sway when they see it, the subsequent hits hit real hard. Aegis pld just ate it other ppl got hit hard. Normal aoe range.

Well equipped rdm couldnt land anything besides dia and stun with geo boost, with geo everything landed. Aegis PLD & rngs googoo

Over rating this fight, THF x2 PLD GEO RDM WHM was a joke, whm can spam curaga, one good darkness with me closing w/ Vajra did 70%+. No reason to run, baraera and just go to town, bring your accuracy gear. Its another simple unity fight. No deaths 8 kills, 4 NQ daggers, 1 hq dagger, 4 staffs nq. Did it right after servers came back last night
By NeboJones 2015-01-15 11:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dakenx said: »
Over rating this fight, THF x2 PLD GEO RDM WHM was a joke, whm can spam curaga, one good darkness with me closing w/ Vajra did 70%+. No reason to run, baraera and just go to town, bring your accuracy gear. Its another simple unity fight. No deaths 8 kills, 4 NQ daggers, 1 hq dagger, 4 staffs nq. Did it right after servers came back last night

Yeah WHM RUN DD (3 man. No support) was pretty easy as well. Sturmwind (spelling?) is the tp move it spams in succession at times. It's wind magic damage. Prepare for that and it's pretty easy. RUN and barspell made it trivial. Piercing weak so THF SC's will rape it, etc.

I've been seeing PLD RNG strats on this and scratching my head to figure out why.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-15 11:38:21
Link | Citer | R

NeboJones said: »
Asura.Dakenx said: »

Yeah WHM RUN DD (3 man. No support) was pretty easy as well. Sturmwind (spelling?) is the tp move it spams in succession at times. It's wind magic damage. Prepare for that and it's pretty easy. RUN and barspell made it trivial. Piercing weak so THF SC's will rape it, etc.

I've been seeing PLD RNG strats on this and scratching my head to figure out why.

Storm Wind is the move. Sturmwind a a Great Axe WS, lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-15 12:04:03
Link | Citer | R

People take the route of least resistance, pld+rng is idiot proof, and let's face it... there's a loooooooooooooot of idiots... (not name calling).

Stormwinds can do around 800 damage in TP set, w/o carol/bar/runes.

Kukri
Additional Effect: 7-10 Wind Damage
((this goes without saying... but I swing so god damn fast... I love it.))
By Pantafernando 2015-01-15 13:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Bird has high evasion. Spams stormwind in meikyo shusui mode. Stormwind has 15' range.

I staggered him with dark skillchain during his tp move that too, but i staggered him with ws alone, so not sure his real staggering, and thats useful as hes highly suscetible to staggering during his most dangerous phase, his meikyo mode, so you can interrupt it by skillchaining right after first stormwind.

Aside that, feather barrier is insane evasion boost, and must be dispelled at any cost. it floored my racc even with 1028 racc plus double prelude and indi precision.
 Leviathan.Tharon
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Brancitt
By Leviathan.Tharon 2015-01-15 13:43:59
Link | Citer | R

his evasion boost can be stolen with Aura Steal. Not that it matters. He's squishy to anything with a Dagger. Like Vajra or some such. I mean a Sandsung!
 Fenrir.Magi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-01-15 13:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Stormwind x3 doesn't have to be in "meikyo mode". If you remember fighting Kreutzet (especially solo at 74/75 THF), you'd remember you'd have to time your shadows after the third TP move because it always used one TP move, then 3 Stormwinds or something like that. But yeah, NM is easy for being level 128, I was able to quad box it with THFx2 BRD WHM, like almost any new NM.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-15 16:40:23
Link | Citer | R

Snprphnx said:
Using Izh/Jugo +1, you don't even need max buffs to hit the hard cap delay reduction of 75 delay. You only need ~78% total delay reduction.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/124717-Jan.-15-2015-Version-Update/page6

Is this true, or just misinformation? And if so, how would this effect Dual Wield requirements assuming capped Magic Haste/Equipment Haste?

And just for shits and giggles, assuming this were true. How would it affect Dual Wield requirements for Mandau/Jugo +1 assuming capped Magic Haste/Equipment Haste?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-15 16:49:31
Link | Citer | R

It's true that 78% reduction of 346 Delay is 269.88 putting you at 76.12 Delay.
So you do use less than 80% to be capped @ 75 delay. (you'd need 79%).

For Mandau/Jugo+1 it's 77%

Someone can make a list. I can't remember where it was said that 75 delay is the absolute cap. 80% of the 322 mandau/jugo would be 64.4

If I got it right, and mandau/atoyac takes ~11% DW, then Mandau/Jugo+1 takes <1% to cap. And Izhiikoh/Jugo+1 takes 6%

6% is a really unfortunate number, you want to keep patentia for it's STP, but then you need 1% from somewhere else. It also means that if you have a DW Canny Cape... The Sombra Legs just lost a lot value to THF.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-15 17:30:21
Link | Citer | R

I have never seen anything about a 75 delay cap before that i can recall, would be interested to know where this is stated if anyone knows.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-15 17:33:22
Link | Citer | R

It was in one of the semi recent update notes from square, something about 75 delay, and the changes to dual wield.
Quote:
BG Quote
"Currently the system has been set to cap attack delay so it cannot go lower than 75 regardless of how much haste and dual wield you have." It's pretty clear that it's referring to the absolute minimum delay you can reach. There are two caps, a 75 delay minimum, and an 80% reduction maximum.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-15 17:52:21
Link | Citer | R

I found that just a couple minutes ago, but 2 posts later they say this:

Quote:
We reconfirmed the settings for the game, and the statement of "delay cannot go below 20% of the original" was the correct setting, rather than the "delay of 75" we had stated yesterday, which is a number obtained while we were verifying it.

I take this as they corrected themselves and 75 isn't actually the cap but 20% is. Perhaps im misunderstanding this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-15 17:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Then nothing changes, 11% DW regardless
Some Tojil numbers, capped haste;(no ambush)
AM3/NoAM/Izhiikoh/Mandau
[+]
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-01-15 23:51:56
Link | Citer | R

What's a good alternative if you're too cheap to buy Nommittens +1? Aetosaur +1?
 Bismarck.Squah
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-01-15 23:52:41
Link | Citer | R

Nilas
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-01-15 23:54:51
Link | Citer | R

What about if you're too lazy to spam Shiva 2.0? -_-
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-01-16 00:01:07
Link | Citer | R

Qaaxo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-16 01:00:36
Link | Citer | R

THF has been getting presents left and right, I think losing tiny bit of evasion will be manageable.
By Heimdel 2015-01-16 09:47:58
Link | Citer | R

The dagger is like being on crack. The swing animation glichs hardcore with buffs. Just for a laugh try it single handed.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-16 09:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Try it single handed with a dnc haste samba and a cor using blitzer's roll in party!
By Heimdel 2015-01-16 10:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Then nothing changes, 11% DW regardless
Some Tojil numbers, capped haste;(no ambush)
AM3/NoAM/Izhiikoh/Mandau

How do you do this spread sheet? I thought I heard someone said there was a program. Also what if u have the dw ring and earing lose the sash and use windbuff +1?

Another option use the brutal and AA DA earring? Also the crit hit/crit dmg ammo or the crit hit unity boomerang.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-16 10:05:57
Link | Citer | R

Windbuffet is never the best option, Store TP is incredible with Rudra (right now).

You should always aim for Patentia on the waist.

Running spreadsheets all it takes is Microsoft Excel, or Libre office, or any of the spreadsheet programs, then you simply (update the sheet, cause they're out of date...) I don't even have haverton on my sheet, it's a very poor choice in a ring.

1)Plug ***in
2)Find the highest number
3)???
4)Profit
By Heimdel 2015-01-16 10:28:32
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Windbuffet is never the best option, Store TP is incredible with Rudra (right now).

You should always aim for Patentia on the waist.

Running spreadsheets all it takes is Microsoft Excel, or Libre office, or any of the spreadsheet programs, then you simply (update the sheet, cause they're out of date...) I don't even have haverton on my sheet, it's a very poor choice in a ring.

1)Plug ***in
2)Find the highest number
3)???
4)Profit

Ah I use the ring for rng and cor and sam.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-01-16 11:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fiv said: »

Quote:
We reconfirmed the settings for the game, and the statement of "delay cannot go below 20% of the original" was the correct setting, rather than the "delay of 75" we had stated yesterday, which is a number obtained while we were verifying it.

I take this as they corrected themselves and 75 isn't actually the cap but 20% is. Perhaps im misunderstanding this.

I'm not sure where this is discussed on BG. I think this is the original context though.

Camate's followup -
Quote:
Yes, 80% is the cap. Put in another way, regardless of how much haste and dual wield you stack, the system is set so you cannot exceed 20% of the original attack delay. The value used in my previous post was the actual delay value.

Can you post the link you found on BG? If there was any followup beyond this elsewhere, I haven't heard of it.

One thing to note, is Mote's spreadsheets don't follow a hard cap of 75. He takes the total delay and multiplies it by 0.2. It's easy enough to set Min Delay to 75 in the data tab though.

i.e. In the DPS sheets, Izhiikoh/Jugo+1 has a delay cap of 68.4. With Haste 1, March 1 & 2 (from Ghorn), and /war sub, 13% Dual Wield caps you @68.3 delay. If you set the minimum to 75, then 7% DW caps you @74.8 delay.

If you have Haste 2 & March 2 (Ghorn) you can basically subtract 2 DW and still cap in both scenarios.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-16 11:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Asura.Fiv said: »

Quote:

I'm not sure where this is discussed on BG. I think this is the original context though.

Camate's followup -
Quote:
Yes, 80% is the cap. Put in another way, regardless of how much haste and dual wield you stack, the system is set so you cannot exceed 20% of the original attack delay. The value used in my previous post was the actual delay value.

Can you post the link you found on BG? If there was any followup beyond this elsewhere, I haven't heard of it.

One thing to note, is Mote's spreadsheets don't follow a hard cap of 75. He takes the total delay and multiplies it by 0.2. It's easy enough to set Min Delay to 75 in the data tab though.

i.e. In the DPS sheets, Izhiikoh/Jugo+1 has a delay cap of 68.4. With Haste 1, March 1 & 2 (from Ghorn), and /war sub, 13% Dual Wield caps you @68.3 delay. If you set the minimum to 75, then 7% DW caps you @74.8 delay.

If you have Haste 2 & March 2 (Ghorn) you can basically subtract 2 DW and still cap in both scenarios.

This is the original post and the follow up is 2 posts later where they say the cap is 20% and not actually 75.
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-%28NO-DISCUSSION%29?p=6149386&viewfull=1#post6149386

Just seems like a misunderstanding and someone saw 75 and ran with it, unfortunately now that its out there, some people are going to actually believe the cap is 75 delay.
By NeboJones 2015-01-16 11:28:50
Link | Citer | R

So has anyone tried to DW the Hq and Nq yet? for the lulz?

Also, 3 man with NIN WHM and THF this Morning. Was pretty easy with only Bar spells and a non HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE WHM.
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 264 265 266