For The Shinies! A Guide For Thief

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 264 265 266
By Heimdel 2015-01-06 01:36:44
Link | Citer | R

What do people mean by stacke dand unstaked?

Also what about the +1 boomerange from unity. Would that fit good in a set with the +2% crit hit and 6 dex/agi?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-06 01:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Heimdel said: »
What do people mean by stacke dand unstaked?

Using a weaponskill in conjunction with Sneak Attack or Trick Attack. Sometimes also called SAWS or TAWS (Sneak/trick attack weaponskill)
 Fenrir.Magi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-01-06 02:55:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
If you can't get a Shifting+1 (They don't exist on my server) you can also get a Moepapa Medal, very cheap and better than gorget. Using auged Buremte for Rudras unstacked is cool, I never thought of it, sadly my augs on that are tied up for now.

Aetosaur gloves +1 (not a hard leathercraft synth) have only 1 less STR/DEX than DEX aug'd buremte, but idk how you feel about carrying another piece of equip seeing how you already got a pair of 10m+ gloves heh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-06 06:12:53
Link | Citer | R

If you can't get a Shifting+1 (They don't exist on my server) you can also get a Moepapa Medal, very cheap and better than gorget. Using auged Buremte for Rudras unstacked is cool, I never thought of it, sadly my augs on that are tied up for now.

Both shifting necklace +1 and moepapa medal non-existent on my server at the moment, but if I got either I would more than likely get a Moepapa Medal, since I still use the same macro for SA and TA stacked WS's and Shifting Necklace +1 would be kind of cheesy on TA.

Until either Empyrean hands get upgraded to item level 119 or we get a bit more variety of gear that will set TAWS apart from SAWS sets, I'm just gonna stay lazy and use one set.

As far as I see for now, I see only two pieces for TAWS that are different from SAWS sets, and both are extremely minimal improvements. moepapa medal and dawn earring.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-01-06 10:27:33
Link | Citer | R

What wouldbe thebest offhand for Vajra? If you hve access to every dagger 119?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-06 10:53:20
Link | Citer | R

For 119, Izhiikoh all the way. Homestead is great for WKR though, and Atoyac is good too.
 Asura.Celoria
Serveur: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-01-06 11:50:46
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Both shifting necklace +1 and moepapa medal non-existent on my server at the moment, but if I got either I would more than likely get a Moepapa Medal, since I still use the same macro for SA and TA stacked WS's and Shifting Necklace +1 would be kind of cheesy on TA.

Until either Empyrean hands get upgraded to item level 119 or we get a bit more variety of gear that will set TAWS apart from SAWS sets, I'm just gonna stay lazy and use one set.

As far as I see for now, I see only two pieces for TAWS that are different from SAWS sets, and both are extremely minimal improvements. moepapa medal and dawn earring.

Love Torque if you can't get those necks.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-01-06 11:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Any R/E/M 119 makes for a nice offhand or better off with Izhiikoh anyway?
By Ulthakptah 2015-01-06 15:14:10
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Shifting Necklace +1 you are out of luck on, but Moepapa Medal there isn't a reason you can't just go and get yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if you could just one shot Lost Nant'ina.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-01-06 16:40:54
Link | Citer | R

You can, it is extremely easy to farm. I got two of them in around 20 minutes.
By Gavlin 2015-01-08 21:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Ok I have a quick thf question as I am just starting to gear this job. Is it better in solo and low man to use the 119 incursion

Crossbow with the newer version of acid bolts for the 12% defense down or the 1% crit ammo with +dmg on it?

Also if the -12% defense wins what other defense downs does it stack with? As in if xxx job is with my group no point bringing

Crossbow cause it does not stack with there defense down. Thank you. Also sorry if hard to read typing on cell phone at work atm.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-01-10 18:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Anyone test the tp bonus dagger from trial of magain with Izhiikoh main?

Seems like that would be a good idea, 100% tp with that dagger and moonshade act as 225, much more rudra spamming even if losing the ws dmg of atoyac and OaT you would still ws more dmg right?
By Pantafernando 2015-01-10 18:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Celoria said: »
Anyone test the tp bonus dagger from trial of magain with Izhiikoh main?

Seems like that would be a good idea, 100% tp with that dagger and moonshade act as 225, much more rudra spamming even if losing the ws dmg of atoyac and OaT you would still ws more dmg right?

Maybe for old content, but anything above lv100 you would have a blind knife, not just neglecting oat, but giving up half of your tp gain. 180 dagger skill is the difference bewteen capped acc and floored acc.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-01-10 18:59:59
Link | Citer | R

If you can get a good enough crossbow (Incursion MB) and a good enough racc build, why not try it out :) Doubles as a nice pulling device too :p
By Fyea 2015-01-10 20:21:11
Link | Citer | R

At least in Incursion, many of the higher level NMs are resistant to the bolts proc'n def. down.
By Ulthakptah 2015-01-11 03:04:39
Link | Citer | R

That pretty much is the problem with status bolts. If you can get enough ranged and magic accuracy to land the effects, chances are you are already capped on attack anyway.
By nerz 2015-01-11 20:36:14
Link | Citer | R

For higher content where Atoyac acc sucks, which would be the best combo if you don't have a Vajra?

Izhiikoh/Sabebus (dex/acc path)
Vanir Knife/Izhiikoh
Mandau/Izhiikoh
Ipetam with wsd/Izhiikoh
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2015-01-12 14:36:07
Link | Citer | R

ipetam (wsd) / izhiikoh I have to imagine will put out the best rudras numbers, but I question the delay comparison for WS frequency, especially compared to mandau.

I have been wondering as well, has anyone done any testing about the strength of triple attack damage bonus on sata-ac rudras while using demonry ring, chiners belt+1 and plunderer's poulaines+1? belt and feet are obviously good, but the ring makes me curious.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-14 07:44:55
Link | Citer | R

What's the deal with raider's boomerang these days(i havent played thf since when legion came out). I see a lot of thfs using the +1-2% crit dart, and some using the dex+5 crit +2% boomerang from unity. Can thf cap dw without the raider boomerang if we have dw+4-5 canny cape and patienta sash?

Also is T.body still best for unstacked ws? (Assuming plunderer's vest is best when stacked?). It's a shame OP of almost every job guide are no longer updated :/
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-01-14 07:56:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
What's the deal with raider's boomerang these days(i havent played thf since when legion came out). I see a lot of thfs using the +1-2% crit dart, and some using the dex+5 crit +2% boomerang from unity. Can thf cap dw without the raider boomerang if we have dw+4-5 canny cape and patienta sash?

At capped gear Haste, capped magic Haste, you only need DW+13 to cap delay reduction, which can be easily covered without Raider's Boomerang. It however is "relevant" for when you don't have capped magic Haste, which usually happens when you're solo or 2-manning something without Trust NPCs.

Also is T.body still best for unstacked ws? (Assuming plunderer's vest is best when stacked?). It's a shame OP of almost every job guide are no longer updated :/

I'd think dread jupon is "best" when unstacked most of the time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-14 07:57:29
Link | Citer | R

The reason people started using the dart, is because 5% crit damage on stacked rudra is bananas.

You lose aftermath if you change from ranged to ammo, so I had to retire the Raider.

As for "everyone else" there's no 1 right answer. Most are lolthf and simply don't know better. Some straight up don't give a ***. Some go by feels instead of maffs.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-14 07:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
The reason people started using the dart, is because 5% crit damage on stacked rudra is bananas.

You lose aftermath if you change from ranged to ammo, so I had to retire the Raider.

As for "everyone else" there's no 1 right answer. Most are lolthf and simply don't know better. Some straight up don't give a ***. Some go by feels instead of maffs.
What Dart is that? I seem to have missed that one.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-14 08:00:43
Link | Citer | R

Yetshila/+1

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/21379/yetshila-1 +1 doesnt seem to link properlly.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-01-14 08:01:15
Link | Citer | R

Yetshila. qirmiz tathlum warks, too, fwiw.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-14 08:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Assuming you have capped magic haste(43.75%) and capped gear haste(25%, but you need 26% b/c of how SE does the decimals.) THF only needs 11 Dual Wield to cap delay reduction.

dudgeon earring and heartseeker earring together give +7 Dual Wield. The additional 4 you can get a number of ways. You can get a canny cape with +4/5 Dual Wield augment from Incursion, patentia sash, or sombra tights +1.

Getting all of the items isn't a bad idea though, since anytime you're not capped magic haste/gear haste. (ie: when you're truly solo, like Dynamis, Salvage, Limbus, or anything else you can't bring trusts to.) It's usually a good idea to stack DW from as many sources as you can acquire.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-14 08:02:32
Link | Citer | R

Do you lose tp switching from boomerang to the dart(forgot how to spell it, too lazy to look itnup, the blue one; starts with Y).
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-14 08:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Yetshila/+1

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/21379/yetshila-1 +1 doesnt seem to link properlly.
Oh never mind, already got that, derp should have known.

As for TP loss, it only occurs when you switch back to the boomerang, considering the small TP return on Rudra's there's no real harm in swapping to an ammo piece and then back to a boomerang.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-14 08:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Do you lose tp switching from boomerang to the dart(forgot how to spell it, too lazy to look itnup, the blue one; starts with Y).

Yes, anytime time you change the ranged weapon slot TP will reset. The ammo can we swapped out with another ammo with no issues, though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-14 08:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Keep tp: raider > yetshila
Lose tp: Yetshila > raider (after ws)
Lose Aftermath : yetshila > raider
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-14 08:19:47
Link | Citer | R

On another note, In light of the HOPEFULLY upcoming new Sirocco...

As long as the dagger EXISTS... big IF lol... KEEPS the 150 delay, and has no stats other than 242 skill and enaero damage, it needs 70 base and it should be better than Atoyac (but you can't ALWAYS use it)... Some things just shouldn't be hit with enspell damage.

So, gonna call it:
Leste Kukri nq 70-75D 160Delay
ice/wind -10/+10 Additional effect: Wind damage
Leste Kukri +1 75-80D 150Delay
ice/wind -10/+10 Additional effect: Wind damage

I can't even pretend to imagine what the Unity portion could be...
Probably some generic DEX/Acc AGI?
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 264 265 266