First Page 2 3 ... 209 210 211 ... 262 263 264
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-07 09:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If you couldn't tell by his name, Sechs is a Bard, so those daggers exist for reasons other than THF.

I'm not sure how his name is supposed to have anything to do with the jobs he plays, but that's fine. The easiest rout to fighting lillith for you Sechs is probably this

Aeneas/Perfect taming
Chaac Belt
Skulker's Poulaines +1

Then pile on whatever other strong DD equipment you have. Lillith is just a matter of persistence. I finally finished my final piece to 5/5 my set after about 400 runs on Sunday. All the kills were TH 9-11. The bigger issue with Lilllith is that when malignance does drop there's only a 10-15% or something chance of seeing an armor piece, and the rest of the time you get a weapon or an earring. Obviously you won't see the duplicates when you're soloing, but trust me... they're going to be there. Drop rates are reasonable on VE solo with TH 9-11 ish levels, and I wouldn't recommend going out of my way to overdo it with stacking too much TH if it's going to cripple your kill speed. A bit extra is fine though if you can fit it in. There's just nothing you can do about the second roll that determins armor versus other stuff.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-07 10:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
If you couldn't tell by his name, Sechs is a Bard, so those daggers exist for reasons other than THF.

Wait Sechs is the name of a bard?!? I thought it was a quirky way to spell “Sex” this whole time xD like literally years Lolol
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-11-07 11:15:00
Link | Citer | R

If you're bored enough (and good enough at searching), people on the official forums complained back when treasure hunter procs were fairly new that higher tiers of TH didn't do anything. The mods ( I think it was camate?) did testing to prove it did in fact do something. The result was something ridiculous like a .3% increase going from TH8 to TH11 or 12 I think? I forget the exact amounts, but it was embarrassingly low. They then proudly stated "See! It does work!" and people groaned.

I guess on items with like 1% drop rates, .3% is a decent increase, but I can't be arsed to worry about it when like 99% of relevant content it's either insignificant or unclear on whether it even helps due to weird drop mechanics or killspeed being > max TH.

And yeah, inventory is an issue. I have every job geared but pld. Me and the porter moogle in my mog garden spend way too much time together. It's become unhealthy. The person that updates organizer to work with porter slips can have my first born son and my undying respect.
By Unzero 2019-11-07 12:37:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Me and the porter moogle in my mog garden spend way too much time together. It's become unhealthy. The person that updates organizer to work with porter slips can have my first born son and my undying respect.

Thanks for the laugh!
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-07 12:50:53
Link | Citer | R

My testing isn't to determine how potent higher treasure hunter levels are (IE how much they increase drop chances), but how effective wearing more than just TH 8 is at increasing proc rates.

My testing methodology is straightforward. I run to moh gates and pull an Apex Matamata, then engage and let auto attack do its thing. Then when the mob is dead I record the treasure hunter level as well as the number of swings I had on the mob (measured using Kparser).

I have two sample sets. One wearing TH +8 (Taming sari and Plunderer's armlets +3), as well as one wearing TH 14 (Taming sari, Sandung, plunderer's armlets +3, Chaac belt, Skulker's Poulaines +1, and Gorney ring).

When I'm done I'm going to tally up some statistics and compare

Total number of swings in each set
Total number of each TH level (IE 9, 10, 11, 12 etc) in each set
Total number of TH procs per set (TH 9 is 1 proc, TH 10 is 2, TH 11 is 3 etc etc).

I'm storing all the data on a google spreadsheet. Initially I had hoped to do upwards of 80 mobs in each set, but it's a slow process. It takes approximately 4 minutes per mob, and I have to be attentive enough to swap to a fresh mob after each so it's a bit tedious. But the early data does show a trend that more TH worn is more influential at proccing. I suspect just 30-50 mobs per set should suffice tbh. Here's my current results

Treasure Hunter Testing

What I'm noticing most is that with TH 14 the first couple procs happen a lot faster than with TH 8. I often have TH up to TH 11 within 100-250 swings wearing the higher TH set, but then the proc rate seems to drop off. I've spent less time collecting data in the higher TH set too, so there's also room for personal bias. But you can kind of see that if nothing else, there's consistency in the second set whereas the first is a bit more erratic. There is also the caveit that since my higher TH set has weaker equipment in it, the average amount of swings in the second data set is higher too. The average kill speed in the latter set is definately worse than the first, but that's not a surprise. Empyrean feet, gorney ring, and sandung are bad at dealing damage compared to relic feet, gere ring and twashter. Who knew?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 12:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Your results are blocked to the public, by the way

You fixed

I very much enjoy that none of them hit 14 (yet), pretty funny

One small bit of info though, only the first hit of a round can proc TH, so total swings is kind of irrelevant (just nitpicky)
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-07 12:56:59
Link | Citer | R

Let me know if that works now Eiryl. I just had to set goggle sheet's permissiuons. I changed the link as well to reflect the shared version. I haven't done anything much with the formatting yet. I plan to clean up the layout when all is said and done so it looks abit more presentable. Right now its just a place to dump data until I finish the parse results. I'm doing it in bits and chunks so I'm not sure how long it'll be until I finish. But I plan to have it done sometime by the end of next week.

Quote:
One small bit of info though, only the first hit of a round can proc TH, so total swings is kind of irrelevant

Yeah, I'm aware of that. But it's the best metric I can come up with using kparser. There's a definite trend and I figure with another 20 or so mobs in the first set and an added 40 or so on the second one should be a large enough sample size to make some reaosnable conjectures with. It's hard to measure 'worth" of the different testing sets because the actual "worth" of TH 11 versus TH 14 in terms of percentile drop rate increase is unknown, but suspected to be marginal. And the kill speed hit is something you can visibly see. But that's a different topic entirely. This is just parsing data for now to see what kind of numbers I get.
By Unzero 2019-11-07 13:00:57
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 369584

Currently I'm working on THF and was curious what I can start working on to get my accuracy up to a place where I can go to Omen and start farming cards. I'm going to use all my Deeds to get the +2 AF gear, already have a Regal Ring and am curious what my main focus should be right now.

I'm finishing Fomalhaut this week and making Aeneas afterwards.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-11-07 13:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Based on official statements from se. there should not be a difference in process rate from 8 to 9 in +8 and +14. They’ve stated that the maximum proc rate should be capped as long as your th is equal to or greater than the value currently on the mob.

Anything above 8 though should see some diminished rate from the set with only +8
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-11-07 13:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Unzero said: »
ItemSet 369584

Currently I'm working on THF and was curious what I can start working on to get my accuracy up to a place where I can go to Omen and start farming cards. I'm going to use all my Deeds to get the +2 AF gear, already have a Regal Ring and am curious what my main focus should be right now.

I'm finishing Fomalhaut this week and making Aeneas afterwards.

I’m sad to say that I’ve basically stopped using my Aeneas in favor of Tauret. It’s been much more sonsistent, even with rudras
By Unzero 2019-11-07 13:08:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I’m sad to say that I’ve basically stopped using my Aeneas in favor of Tauret. It’s been much more consistent, even with rudras

Hmmm, even if it was Aeneas/Tauret?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 13:08:32
Link | Citer | R

That should already be sufficient to do it. Obvious choice would be going to meg+2 legs and the head slot with whatever you have with ACC (and eat sushi/pizza dood)

Probably drop heteroi for something with ACC on it too, not really doing much for you in that set
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-07 13:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Based on official statements from se. there should not be a difference in process rate from 8 to 9 in +8 and +14. They’ve stated that the maximum proc rate should be capped as long as your th is equal to or greater than the value currently on the mob.

That's what I'm trying to determine. And the initial data points do show that wearing TH 14 makes the procs beyond 9 a bit more consistent, but it seems to drop off very quickly once I hit TH 11. After a few hundred swings it doesn't appear to be any amount that stands out as overly significant. There are a couple data points wearing TH 8 that I only hit TH 9 in 600 or so sings, but they're a rarity. The TH 8 set has quite a few TH 10s though, and that versus the number of 11's in the second set is the biggest difference between the two so far. The Th 14 set has two 13's and the rest are 11's, so its consistently hitting 11. But overall between the two, it's not terribly different.

I need to finish the sample sets. I at least want to get them to 50 mobs apiece. 80 would be ideal i think, but given how long and tedious it is I'll probably just stop when I get close to 50 apiece. I'm looking at about 6 or more hours to finish this project up. So I'll just plunk away at it here and there when time permits.

Quote:
Currently I'm working on THF and was curious what I can start working on to get my accuracy up to a place where I can go to Omen and start farming cards

With that gear setup you can probably eat red curry and farm cards, and if not then Marinara Pizza +1 should be more than enough. You're good to go.

EDIT: I just noticed the sandung. You have plenty of accuracy for omen farming. You can easily handle that content with some trusts.
[+]
By Unzero 2019-11-07 13:13:23
Link | Citer | R

This is going to sound silly but does TH proc level have a chance to be proc'd by any THF? Can 2 or more THF work in tandem to increase the chance?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 13:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Unzero said: »
This is going to sound silly but does TH proc level have a chance to be proc'd by any THF? Can 2 or more THF work in tandem to increase the chance?

Yes
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-07 13:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Yes, any thief can proc a TH increase regardless of who procced the prvious. Also, if two thieves are grouped and one uses bully the other can take advantage of it to land sneak attack from any direction as well.
By Unzero 2019-11-07 13:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Thank you very much for the reponses, I'm going to work on it right away, I was trying to get my Gearswap to a good place with accuracy swaps, since I'm around ~1200 now. Again, thank you very much for the quick response!
By Unzero 2019-11-07 13:19:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

Yes, any thief can proc a TH increase regardless of who procced the prvious. Also, if two thieves are grouped and one uses bully the other can take advantage of it to land sneak attack from any direction as well.

That's really cool, and thank you!
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2019-11-12 09:58:48
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for this, as I hate bothering people for old information - but I have been doing a lot of reading in here and have had trouble finding any conclusive information. Lot of testing has made it harder to find that information - not hating on the testing either, good that people are finally looking into some of these things.

I'm drawing close to being finished gearing thief. About to r15 my Twashtar and was wondering if people could point me to or give me a quick rundown of the dagger sitch.

I want to mainhand Twash.

I see that BG Thf guide is claiming Anus is still king.. but I can't see how an r15 Twashtar isn't going to be better.

What do I offhand? Centovente? Tauret? Perfect Sari? I'm seeing people kind of talk about all 3.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-12 10:13:26
Link | Citer | R

I actually need to build a Cento because Thibron is fcking AMAZING for Tizona BLU so might do just as well for THF? Gotta see... anywho, For right now it’s a toss-up between Tauret and Perfect Taming iirc. If you have Perfect Taming? Use that, otherwise Tauret if you can get it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-12 10:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I'm drawing close to being finished gearing thief. About to r15 my Twashtar and was wondering if people could point me to or give me a quick rundown of the dagger sitch.

I want to mainhand Twash.

I see that BG Thf guide is claiming Anus is still king.. but I can't see how an r15 Twashtar isn't going to be better.

What do I offhand? Centovente? Tauret? Perfect Sari? I'm seeing people kind of talk about all 3

R15 Twash is probably the best overall choice right now. If you already have it then I'd recommend that as your go-to weapon. Tauret and perfect sari offhand are pretty much identical in performance. Pick either or as your target Ilvl offhand of choice. Centovente is great when you're fighting lower level things or heavily buffed. Personally I just use taming regardless, but I can't deny how strong cento is with enough accuracy for whatever content you're doing.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-12 11:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Yup I wanna make Cento but hitting the 1250 Acc offhand as THF might be tricky.

Or is it easier than anticipated?
By Kwech 2019-11-12 11:10:15
Link | Citer | R

On thf if I have support I’m always using off-hand tp bonus.

If I don’t have enough support and absolutely want to use Twash I’ll offhand Tauret nowadays. This last part is also a little hard to hear but most time I’m going Tauret/Twash. No hassle with aftermath, still great white damage, much better ws at 1k tp.

In regards to Aeneas, there’s just no chance it’s top dog in an r15 world.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-12 11:26:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Yup I wanna make Cento but hitting the 1250 Acc offhand as THF might be tricky.

Or is it easier than anticipated?

It depends on buffs and content. You don't even need 1250 accuracy for some things, and others you need over 1400. If I run Twash/taming with relic hat +3 instead of adhemar bonnet +1 I can reach around 1380 accuracy on my mainhand without any outside buffs. Thief gear tends to be dex heavy and that translates into a lot of accuracy, and R 15 Twashter has 70 dex too. But even then cento will still be in the 1100's range of accuracy so you'll need more for most stuff. You could eat sushi or have your support give you accuracy buffs. The point of cento is that the tp bonus makes rudra's so much more consistently powerful that it's worth the tradeoff to not eating meat and add extra accuracy instead.

I still prefer to just eat read curry buns and use an Ilvl offhand dagger. Perfect taming is my offhand of choice because it stacks up pretty much identically to tauret in terms of damage output, but the treasure hunter +1 gives it added utility and convenience for capping TH when I need to. It's a different playsyle, but both are very effective. I have no qualms with my damage numbers in any event I bring my thief to, ever.
 Asura.Madpyro
By Asura.Madpyro 2019-11-12 15:42:27
Link | Citer | R

What is the best tp head piece is damping tam worth anything anymore or is relic+3 above that

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-11-12 17:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Madpyro said: »
What is the best tp head piece is damping tam worth anything anymore or is relic+3 above that
I use hq adhemar, but idk I don't have all the best stuff
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-12 18:22:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Adhemar +1 or Plunderer's Bonnet +3 --> Dampening Tam --> normal quality Adhemar Bonnet

The first just depends on whether or not you need the accuracy. Adhemar Bonnet +1 has a higher white damage potential, but even if you augment it on path A, which is the high accuracy path it only gives you 45 accuracy. Plunderer's bonnet +3 has a total of 75 accuracy with the combined stats, which gives it a 30 point lead over adhemar +1. Both have triple attack +4%, and plunderer's has 38 more attack than adhemar +1 (Path A ), but adhemar +1 has crit damage +6%. Crit damage +6% will outweigh 38 attack over time, but not by much. Path B adhemar +1 has more attack, but less accuracy so it only further defines the boundaries where adhemar +1 or Plunderer's +1 is better than the other (Relic +3 still has roughly 10 more attack than Path B adhemar, but adhemar is all about the crits). Yes I know I neglected to mention the adhemar set bonus with the hands; I did so because it doesn't affect the hierarchy any.

I tend to default to plunderer's bonnet +3 on higher tier content. Anything Dynamis wave 2 calibur and upwards (Omen bosses, etc) I usually wear the relic hat. I use adhemar bonnet +1 on lower tier stuff, like omen farming and most ambuscade runs. Obviously buffs can change that, but that's your base line rule of thumb. Adhemar Bonnet +1 or Plunderer's Bonnet +3 is always a better option than perfect dampening tam in the appropriate accuracy situation, and normal quality adhemar follows behind a perfect tam as the third best option.

If you only want to expend resources on one of the options go with the Punderer's bonnet +3. Its an all purpose piece that's great to exceptional at everything and never bad at anything, but carries the caveat that there are situations where it isn't fully optimal. If you want to truly min max get both and swap between them accordingly.
By Heck 2019-11-14 11:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Is Mandau a bad weapon as everyone says or can it be as good/better than Taruet? Was thinking of making one but unsure if its a waste of gil/time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 11:29:23
Link | Citer | R

It's pretty bad. If you've got tauret you're good.

Potential for relic upgrades. But who knows when.
First Page 2 3 ... 209 210 211 ... 262 263 264