Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-08-12 11:22:48
Link | Citer | R

That's a really good skinflayer aug. The relevant stat differences are

Tauret -- 15 Dex, 25 accuracy, 20 attack
Skinflayer - 5% Triple attack, 2%Crit rate, WSD +7%

Tauret's delay is 180 and skinflayer's is 210. I'm tempted to lean toward the tauret, but I suspect it could go either way.
By Efil 2019-08-12 12:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Thanks! I figured it was a tossup. I got tired of getting refresh Herculean for my thf, so I started augmenting my skinflayers last month. I have another one that is dmg +12, wsd +8%, acc/atk 15-20ish, but I figured the TA would outweigh this one.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-08-12 12:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Here's another metric to measure it by. A few pages back we tried to math out the difference between a perfect taming sari offhand and a tauret offhand. The two were so close we couldn't determine a clear winner and concluded that they're probably within a fraction of a percent difference in performance. Since perfect taming and skinflayer share the same delay, consider comparing it to that instead. It might make an easier visual. The differences there are

Perfect Taming -- 22 Str 22 dex 5 accuracy 10 attack

Skinflayer -- 2% Triple attack, 2% crit rate WSD +7%

Since skinflayer's delay is the same as perfect taming's (I know it's technically 1 off, same difference), you can look at just the secondary stats. Skinflayer needs a fantastic aug to catch it up to tauret or perfect taming. Those are the two "gold standard" daggers to judge the offhand against (twashter excluded for this conversation). The aug you got however... fits that category, and once again the comparison is extremely close so I still think it could go either way. I'd honestly say use whatever fancies you the most. I doubt it'll make much difference. That a solid augment.
[+]
By kishr 2019-08-12 13:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Wanted to add,
Perfect taming sari or tauret is great off hand, then if you want to spend the time and gill get a twash eventually.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-08-17 06:55:29
Link | Citer | R

So looking through the sets on various pages as the guide hasn't been updated in a coons age, is Turm's used for anything anymore? I have seen it in idle sets but no where else.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-08-17 07:36:21
Link | Citer | R

it's still good for what it was always good for- meva/eva
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-08-17 07:48:33
Link | Citer | R

hp def mdb regen, regain from head, body for tp wing, in addition to meva/eva

My PDT set has turms hands+1/feet+1 on it.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-08-26 11:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Odd question and I have read the bg forums but still not understanding what I see.

Is there a purpose for wearing th gear that puts you over 8?

I am being told that with job trait (4) and gear (4) that is cap, which I can understand.

But I am seeing thf's decked out with th in just about every slot. empy feet, relic hands +3, 2 th daggers, chaac belt and augmented herc.

Would it not be overkill as first proc will still be 9? Sorry if this sounds dumb but I don't find a reasoning for this in any forum.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-26 11:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Two reasons;

One, some people are just stupid, and that'll never change. yes, 8 is the initial hit cap.

Two, beyond 8 for subsequent hits increases the chance of a proc TH increase. (im not 100% sure if they officially said beyond 8 does work or not)

(*) I wear every piece of TH I have (on first hit) because, I'm not 100% confident that gear ALWAYS changes. Lag spikes, packet loss etc, and it doesn't really matter to me that I lose that tiny bit of damage.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-08-26 12:19:56
Link | Citer | R

I guess I will not upgrade the thf relic hands. I cannot find on any guides where they are used other than th. I'm already at cap so...
By Nariont 2019-08-26 12:24:50
Link | Citer | R

If you're simply tagging stuff, then no you probably dont need to, but as far as having a tp set that also uses TH to hopefully build TH faster, theyre probably one of the best armor pieces for that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-26 12:25:48
Link | Citer | R

So, here's the logic on that one.

It's optimal to only use less slots to cap your TH (*if you care). It's better defensively to not have to use stuff like chaaq/emp boots.

It's also super overpriced. To go from +1 to +3, you should probably at least have the +1
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-08-26 12:29:32
Link | Citer | R

yeah I have all the handshards already but only 1 voidhand and they are 7.5mil each on odin
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-08-26 13:12:57
Link | Citer | R

Plunderer's Armlets +3 have their place if you want to cap your TH fulltime without losing out on too much else in your TP set. Pair them with a perfect taming sari and you're at TH +8. Obviously the relic hands aren't as good as adhemar +1 for overall DPS, but if you want to cap your TH the alternatives are far worse. Empyrean feet are really bad in their current state, and chaac belt, or volte pieces are far more suboptimal of a swap. Perfect Taming is a top of the line dagger, and the Plunderer's Armlets +3 have some pretty great stats for a TH piece; 19 strength, 43 dex, 45 accuracy, 63 attack is quite a lot of stats.

Basically if all you want to do is tag mobs then you can swap in pretty much anything and get TH 8 on stuff. Relic hands are a waste of money in that case. But if you want to maintain your TH gear to raise procs as high as you can beyond level 8, then Perfect taming and Plunderer's Armlets +3 is by far the most effecient and strongest combination available to us. High tier mission battlefields, dynamis, and omen crystal farming are all reasonable applications for it.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-08-26 13:17:22
Link | Citer | R

silly question but with Armlets +3 at th4 why would you put taming in there? I do have a max taming but I have been told ambuscade dagger beats it out but after looking at testing earlier in this page I am wondering if that is the right step. I do not have twash yet but I did have aeonic dagger so I main that.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-08-26 13:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
silly question but with Armlets +3 at th4 why would you put taming in there? I do have a max taming but I have been told ambuscade dagger beats it out but after looking at testing earlier in this page I am wondering if that is the right step. I do not have twash yet but I did have aeonic dagger so I main that.
because 99 thf only has base th3. the gifts are something different
u coudl u chaac belt or something else to cap u out but a max taming is hard to beat and added bonus of capping you
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-08-26 13:19:29
Link | Citer | R

Because our native treasure hunter is 3, so TH 3 + 4 == 7. IE not capped. You need both perfect taming sari AND Plunderer's armlets +3 to hit TH +8 with gear. You need +5 TH in gear to hit the cap, and the +3 relic hands fall just 1 short of that.

Quote:

I've played with tauret offhand and Perfect taming both. I can't see a difference either visually or in the parse. Tauret builds tp slightly faster (approximately 2-3%) and has slightly higher DPS, but Perfect Taming makes up for it with higher weaponskill damage. The two are so close we've kind of agreed to just accept that the winner could probbaly go either way. I swap between both now and again just to keep things interesting. Statistically they're running near parallel with one aother.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-08-26 13:21:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Because our native treasure hunter is 3, so TH 3 + 4 == 7. IE not capped. You need both perfect taming sari AND Plunderer's armlets +3 to hit TH +8 with gear. You need +5 TH in gear to hit the cap, and the +3 relic hands fall just 1 short of that.

So even with sari and armlets +3 I am still one short? What pieces do you use if I may ask?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-08-26 13:29:00
Link | Citer | R

Sari and armlets +3 caps at 8. I'll break it down.

Native treasure hunter == 3
Perfect taming sari == 1
Plunderer's Armlets +3 == 4

3 + 1 + 4 = 8
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-08-26 13:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Misread that last comment. My bad
 Asura.Meekriot
user: Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2019-08-31 20:22:48
Link | Citer | R

Are there any updated THF equipment guides anywhere? just came back from the game after about a 3-4 year break and wanting to gear back up my THF for solo play
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-31 20:37:19
Link | Citer | R

This thing stays relatively up to date (8th August)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Thief_Guide

(Gere Ring is missing from any relevant set, weirdly, even though the Cait Sith ammo is there)
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-10 10:33:59
Link | Citer | R

I know there's really not much to analyze about the stats, but I love how the new spitewarden set is so convenient for inventory space. It combines all the best assets of our existing -dt options in all our various sets and improves on them in every area on every piece. More magic evasion than any other option per slot, extremely high accuracy, the full set caps haste, and 50 store TP is beautiful. The physical damage limit is completely pointless, but who cares about that. We can cap our damage taken now with just a pair of moonlight rings and 10 PDT on our ambuscade TP cape, use our standard DPS ear/neck/belt/ammo accessories, and still ride a super high magic evasion set all at the same time. If this is s-e's way of reducing our mog wardrobe/inventory space burden I can certainly appreciate it. None of the malignance armor beats out any of our standard damage options, so nothing changes on lower and mid tier content. But whenever you need to rock a hybrid you'd want to just go 5/5 malignance and be done with it. This makes hybrid gearing simple and effecient.

I don't know how long it'l take to farm up the full 5/5. but I know what I'm going to be doing in my spare time for a while.
[+]
 Asura.Lotomos
user: Lotomos
By Asura.Lotomos 2019-09-10 10:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Yea the set looks pretty nice as a general title for high tier stuff. I'll definitely be working on getting 5/5.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 12:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Is Cath Pulug Stone good for THF's Rudras Storm? Or is there anything better?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-10 12:22:48
Link | Citer | R

Good for Unstacked, use Yetshila +1 if you are SA or TA.
[+]
By kishr 2019-09-10 12:30:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This thing stays relatively up to date (8th August)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Thief_Guide

(Gere Ring is missing from any relevant set, weirdly, even though the Cait Sith ammo is there)

Nearly all job guides are out of date.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 12:38:32
Link | Citer | R

On here they are. I didn't say ***about ffxiah.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 12:47:26
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Shadow.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-10 13:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Nearly all job guides are out of date.
--------------

On here they are. I didn't say ***about ffxiah.

The gear guides on bgwiki are kept pretty up to date. There are several areas that could be fleshed out a bit in the general knowledge area though. I've actually considered writing an updated job guide for ffxiah a few times, but I don't know how much relevant information I could add that isn't (shouldn't?) already be just common knowledge.
First Page 2 3 ... 200 201 202 ... 262 263 264