For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 197 198 199 ... 262 263 264
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-24 12:20:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm inclined to take LoH's position as well. Personal experience is it only affects item aquisition. I also think it would be a waste of time and space to gather and carry around a whole steal set for a 5 minute recast even if it did affect TP gain. Steal nets a few hundred TP every 5 minutes, and I can't visually see a difference between a use with Pillager's Poulaines +3 and without, and Pillager's Poulaines +3 has steal + 15. So I figure if it does affect tp gain the most you could expect is a hundred tp per use with an entire set of steal gear tacked on. You'd end up carrying around 5 pieces of gear to get an extra 1,000 tp per hour with good ability usage. I love min/maxing, but that's so insignificant it's about where I draw the line.

TL;DR. Don't bother.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-24 12:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Steal is only items, steal+ is chance
Despoil is TP/items, Despoil+ is item chance
Mug is HP/gil, Mug+ is still only gil+
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-24 16:48:01
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, I figured it was more or less meaningless. But I'm going to go down the rabbit hole just once more because I'm a little curious. The BG despoil page lists the empyrean feet as a despoil "effect" enhancement, where other items are specifically marked as despoil+#, indicating it's success chance. It doesn't actually say what the "effect" is; does anyone know what that +6 actually does?

Despoil adds a debuff effect to the monster, so I'm guessing it's an extra 6% debuff down for whatever effect it inflicts, but I don't see the page explaining it in detail. Has anybody actually tested the effect in ballista or wherever to confirm that that's what it does? Also, do we know the base values of the debuffs despoil can inflict?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-24 16:52:39
Link | Citer | R

I don't think anyone ever tested anything at all with despoil..

For one, you must steal an item to inflict a debuff. This in of itself makes testing a nightmare. Stealing tp doesn't do it. Even though item takes priority there are so many mobs you just can't despoil from even if you wanted to. So any PvP is out. Can't do it to any NM(?) either.

(at least i think that is all accurate)

It might work in that one thing where you steal petras from players? Does despoil work there lol?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-24 16:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Man I love thf...

But our job abilities causes mental trauma for me
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-24 17:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Mug and steal work in ballista, have never tried despoil since that requires uncapped and nobody would dare come thf to that. But if it works that's an ideal place to check.

It's all very small bonuses anyways but I'm just wondering. Nanaa Mihgo can despoil but I've never payed any attention to the debuff afterwards
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-30 22:53:27
Link | Citer | R

Got lucky with some herc gear on Wsd

head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Accuracy+6 Attack+6','"Waltz" potency +9%','Weapon skill damage +9%','Mag. Acc.+2 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+2',}},
body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+12 Pet: Rng. Acc.+12','Pet: INT+6','Weapon skill damage +7%','Accuracy+19 Attack+19',}},
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'"Fast Cast"+5','Attack+6','Weapon skill damage +7%','Accuracy+19 Attack+19','Mag. Acc.+6 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+6',}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Crit. hit damage +2%','INT+5','Weapon skill damage +6%',}},

Brings the question if any of these would be useful atm
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-30 23:34:51
Link | Citer | R

I want to say it's going to be heavily dependent on buffs.

(unstacked rudra)
I don't think the boots quite make it (-21 DEX -31 STR) over Lust+1

The legs aren't better than relic+3

The head would be really close, probably slightly better than pillager+3

Body is a gimme

The 2% crit on boots just might win stacked, but nothing else there.
By Boshi 2019-07-30 23:35:34
Link | Citer | R

head & body are good for unstack rud/mand

The feet you'd need to plug in to test pairing with relic+3 legs
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-31 02:19:18
Link | Citer | R

Feet might work for unstacked (when using Relic legs) but may come a time using all this +WSD is lacking some DEX. So in a pure max scenario, a DEX+15, WSD4 boots may work best with these head/body for unstacked.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-31 08:16:04
Link | Citer | R

The body and head look like best in slots for unstacked Rudra's, but Artifact +3 hat and Relic +3 or meghanada +2 body are still better for stacked. Boots are probably best in slot for stacked rudra's.

Legs are strictly worse than relic +3 in all cases. Probably worse than Lustratio +1 as well, but that one's harder to tell.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-31 09:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the input -

legs ill keep for my cor

My current body was 27atk/acc 14dex wsdmg 3... wondering which is better atm for unstacked

Also... I wonder if you could get 10wsdmg and 10 crt dmg on a piece... and how many babies you would need to sacrifice to get that
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-31 09:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Also... I wonder if you could get 10wsdmg and 10 crt dmg on a piece... and how many babies you would need to sacrifice to get that

If you sacrificed the entire human polulation a hundred times over you still wouldn't curry enough favor with the gods to make that augment appear.
By Boshi 2019-07-31 10:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
My current body was 27atk/acc 14dex wsdmg 3... wondering which is better atm for unstacked

I just went from 14/3 to 0/7 also new one better
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-31 15:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Yaaap THF feet/legs are generally pretty fugly.

At least lockstyle exists. It's more the samnhua tights than the feet, they look better with something like homam legs. Skullker legs are ok too. At least it isn't a subligar.....

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-31 18:16:43
Link | Citer | R

Lockstyle is your friend. It's pretty much mandatory anyway at events so you don't blink out during cures. Congrats on feet btw. Short of some ungodly dark matter augs you won't find a better TP piece.

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-31 18:25:25
Link | Citer | R

It's too bad that they still cost 50m (45m)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-31 18:32:06
Link | Citer | R

I paid less than that and I made mine fairly early on, kinda funny how the market has worked.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-31 18:35:34
Link | Citer | R

Did you not pay like a hundred and forty five, and did I not give you ***about it back then?

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
100% agreed the cost is too high, gonna do it anyway though.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
... and that's exactly why the price is too damn high. You know better. and do it anyway. audible groan.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-31 18:40:53
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, thief relic is super pricey. Corsair is probably the only job with a worse time overall. I paid 50 mil for mine about 4 months ago too, and the component prices haven't budged an inch the entire time. A dedicated farming effort can put together the 50 mil in a couple weeks, but it's still pretty darn grindy.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-31 18:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Did you not pay like a hundred and forty five, and did I not give you ***about it back then?

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
100% agreed the cost is too high, gonna do it anyway though.
... and that's exactly why the price is too damn high. You know better. and do it anyway. audible groan.

That quote's about the +2 neck, I believe. I paid 125 for that.

The most recent discussion is the relic feet+3, yeah? I was shouting for 3mil or so per footshard, and voidfeet were cheaper (or I had them drop directly?) because before su5 stuff came out voids were a whole lot cheaper for most pieces.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-31 19:00:08
Link | Citer | R

That quote was about legs. But footshards were still 6m at that time. (2 years later, still the same exact price) so at minimum they still cost 50. Because the vagary/delve drops were at a high.

I wish I could find the quote where I broke down the price, but no dice.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-31 19:08:43
Link | Citer | R

I know I didn't pay 6m for footshards, I remember shouting for 2.5-3mil, which was about a mil under going rate, and since it's me and I was shouting for less than the AH price, people were giving me ***for it, but I got what I needed, lol.

I forget the price I paid for legs entirely though. Don't regret it. Mostly cause I don't sell gil, so "wasting" gil isn't really a loss for me. I'm on a break and have 500m just laying around on my character and such, it's whatever.

But I know before su5 prices were a lot lower on things. Su5 raised demand of the medals to a fairly standard rate, and then people have shifted more towards wave 3 farming so supply of shards and medals are less than what they were.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-31 19:16:00
Link | Citer | R

In January 2018 it was 60m. That was when they were about 2 months old.

Quote:
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 11:27:59
It's 60m dood. #***.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-31 19:24:08
Link | Citer | R

I also had shards sitting around because I was always in smaller groups that let people lot 1-2 jobs of shards, and I was the token THF so all THF shards were mine, aside from competition on the hands, which I just passed the other THF's cause I don't give a *** lol. So I never bought a full set of shards to "pay 60m" for such things.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-31 19:30:54
Link | Citer | R

"using" 60m worth of item

Is

"paying" 60m for said item

Because it wasn't

"sold" for 60m instead of item
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-31 19:42:39
Link | Citer | R

That would be true if not for the context of how I received that item. I received that item on the condition it was used for upgrading, not to be sold. Eventually we did shift to a "lot everything and sell" system, but a LOT of my early shards were received "free" under the condition I upgrade that piece. So their value isn't the same as AH price.
First Page 2 3 ... 197 198 199 ... 262 263 264