users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 261 262 263
By Manilladoom 2019-04-02 10:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
So, to confirm... does WSD gear apply to every hit of Evisceration if using Tauret (or for other multi-hit quested WS associated with an Ambuscade weapon: Asuran Fists, Blade: Ku, etc.)?

I'm still not 100% sure how all of the these weapons that enhance a specific WS work in relation to WSD, since the back-and-forth of the bugged (and subsequently "fixed") WSD applying to all hits stuff of the recent past.

As in, should I be using WSD pieces for Evisceration with Tauret mainhand?

no.

stupid question.

Love the constructive advice here. Way to be
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-02 10:38:34
Link | Citer | R

I like how someone already answered it politely and you still follow up with a rude response lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-04-02 11:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
So, to confirm... does WSD gear apply to every hit of Evisceration if using Tauret (or for other multi-hit quested WS associated with an Ambuscade weapon: Asuran Fists, Blade: Ku, etc.)?

I'm still not 100% sure how all of the these weapons that enhance a specific WS work in relation to WSD, since the back-and-forth of the bugged (and subsequently "fixed") WSD applying to all hits stuff of the recent past.

As in, should I be using WSD pieces for Evisceration with Tauret mainhand?

no.

stupid question.
... you just single handedly broke the stereotype of Canadians being overly nice!
next thing you know, you will say the Easter Bunny isn't real to a toddler. smh. Not everyone has being playing this game for years, and to give such a response like that is completely uncalled for.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-02 13:41:50
Link | Citer | R

Also, I only asked because these Ambuscade weapons are demonstrably weird. For instance, Shining One forces non-crit polearm WS to crit on all hits, even WS other than the associated Impulse Drive (e.g., it works on all hits of Stardiver too). The katana regain breaks when you have too much DW. There are some unexpected things going on with these weapons.

Yes, I completely understand that WSD has traditionally only worked on first hit of any WS. And I've geared Evis for crit dmg/crit rate/DEX/multiattack for years on all other weapons.

But between the "glitch" of WSD applying to all hits for a chunk of the past year after RMEA augments (then getting fixed), to the general weirdness of the Ambu weapons, I wanted to double check to be completely sure there wasn't anything unusual about Tauret or other Ambu weapons regarding WSD on multihit WS. Whether another dev mistake to apply WSD to hits it "shouldn't" be applying to, or intentionally just because the Ambu weapons are strange.

If that's really such a stupid question to you, OK. I kinda expect some rudeness here from some people, and I have thick enough skin to handle that. But thank you to the majority of you who responded politely to confirm what I thought was probably the case.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-02 14:22:05
Link | Citer | R

But thank you to the majority of you who responded politely to confirm what I thought was probably the case.

I'm 101% sure that none confirmed that. People simply answered to you with general info. I bet 5 gils, that none actually done any testing to check possibility of such glitch.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-04-02 15:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Also, I only asked because these Ambuscade weapons are demonstrably weird. For instance, Shining One forces non-crit polearm WS to crit on all hits, even WS other than the associated Impulse Drive (e.g., it works on all hits of Stardiver too). The katana regain breaks when you have too much DW. There are some unexpected things going on with these weapons.

Yes, I completely understand that WSD has traditionally only worked on first hit of any WS. And I've geared Evis for crit dmg/crit rate/DEX/multiattack for years on all other weapons.

But between the "glitch" of WSD applying to all hits for a chunk of the past year after RMEA augments (then getting fixed), to the general weirdness of the Ambu weapons, I wanted to double check to be completely sure there wasn't anything unusual about Tauret or other Ambu weapons regarding WSD on multihit WS. Whether another dev mistake to apply WSD to hits it "shouldn't" be applying to, or intentionally just because the Ambu weapons are strange.

If that's really such a stupid question to you, OK. I kinda expect some rudeness here from some people, and I have thick enough skin to handle that. But thank you to the majority of you who responded politely to confirm what I thought was probably the case.

Some people have such a sad life that the only victoty they can get is being rude on a forum.
They have nothing constructive/creative to offer so they can only "destroy".
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-02 15:41:07
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
I'm 101% sure that none confirmed that. People simply answered to you with general info. I bet 5 gils, that none actually done any testing to check possibility of such glitch.

Wouldn't be shocking. Though since nobody seems to have confirmed otherwise, I at least know there do not seem to have been any generally known tests from the THF community showing WSD *does* interact in a non-standard way with Tauret (or conclusively showing it doesn't). Had it been the case that someone actually tested it, I wouldn't need to bother to look at it further.

I haven't even changed job to THF this month to do any testing of my own, but once I get time I'll confirm it myself (and I expect I will likely find WSD not acting differently with Tauret/Evisceration than any other dagger/Evisceration - but would be nice to be sure).
[+]
By Boshi 2019-04-02 15:51:19
Link | Citer | R

lol.

Anyways.
Still getting Lust+1 D beating mummu. Adhemar+1 seem to win out at low attack.

moonshade does beat out mache+1 until like mid 2ks tp which I was kind of surprised about.

SpicyRyan's bg guide seems most reliable.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-04-02 16:37:50
Link | Citer | R

DaneBlood said: »
Some people have such a sad life that the only victoty they can get is being rude on a forum.
They have nothing constructive/creative to offer so they can only "destroy

He was rude... his life must be in shambles. This instantly makes me feel better about asking stupid questions that's been answered a hundred times over in these forums.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-04-02 16:57:26
Link | Citer | R

I respect the criticism toward my relic +3 head and feet choices in my evisceration set, but I still stand by the decision. I did initially say in that post that adhemar +1 and herculean pieces were solid substitutions in the head and foot slots, and the reason that I went with relic was the overall stat distribution. I literally acknowledged the strength of adhemar bonnet right below the set, but I'll elaborate here slightly (edited out the earlier post for brevity). This is my tp set

ItemSet 342123

(Yes it's my tp set for dynamis D and omen farming. Just substitute the relic +3 gloves for adhemar +1 on anything else)

and this is my evisceration set as I posted earlier

ItemSet 348286

Even with the relic feet and hat my evisceration set is 70 accuracy lower than my TP set. If I swapped the hat out to adhemar +1 I'd be well over 100 accuracy lower. The reason the relic hat is there is for consistency. Yes adhemar would make my average hits more powerful, but if it also makes me whiff a lot more then I may end up on the losing end of things. We don't do accuracy buffs inside dynamis and I eat meat there, so I rely on my gear to land the hits. And I'm pretty sure I'd have accuracy issues on wave two mobs with adhemar. The relic bonnet also adds 62 attack and a premium amount of dex, and that's a lot of stats jumbled into one piece, and it has the same triple attack rate as adhemar too. It's a content specific decision, but it's not necessarily wrong.

As for mummu gamashes +2, I've tried them and I didn't like them. The difference between mummu gamashes +2 and plunderer's poulaines +3 is 8 dex, 6 accuracy and 5% crit rate (mummu) versus 61 attack and 5% triple attack rate (relic +3). I tried the two off and on and I liked the relic better. All that extra attack just felt like it made evisceration more consistent.

The bulk of the gear grid has absolute BiS evisceration pieces where you pretty much have one piece that's clear cut better than all the alternatives and nothing comes close enough to compete with them to warrant consideration. The head and feet are the exceptions IMO because there are a lot of pieces that could sidegrade each other based off different situations. Accuracy and buffs are going to determine which piece is best. Adhemar bonnet beats relic if you don't need the accuracy, but if you do the situation flops. Herculean will depend on the strength of your specific augs.... etc etc. A little common sense is necessary when gearing and stuff is sometimes situational.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-02 17:24:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
He was rude... his life must be in shambles. This instantly makes me feel better about asking stupid questions that's been answered a hundred times over in these forums.

Hey look, you can't read. It wasn't a question answered a hundred times over, it was specifically about whether there was anything unusual about final stage Ambuscade dagger, because other Ambu weapons are doing some unexpected things that don't necessarily follow normal FFXI rules.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-04-02 17:27:27
Link | Citer | R

No you specifically asked a dumb question regarding the stat that has been explained time and time again for the last 2 to 3 months.

The only thing that changed in the new weapons was the addition text and stats.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-02 17:40:52
Link | Citer | R

TP in relic hands, comeonbruh
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-02 17:42:48
Link | Citer | R

he said it was for dyna/omen farming though?
By DaneBlood 2019-04-02 17:46:20
Link | Citer | R

No you specifically asked a dumb question regarding the stat that has been explained time and time again for the last 2 to 3 months.

The only thing that changed in the new weapons was the addition text and stats.

His question was in regards to a specific weapon in a group that has shown to have examples of acting weird and out of normal behavior. Which was clearly described in the post.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-04-02 19:28:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I just Tag for TH - dear lord imagine standing around waiting for that th to proc - Yuck
[+]
 Phoenix.Lobsang
By Phoenix.Lobsang 2019-04-15 08:21:57
Link | Citer | R

I just Tag for TH - dear lord imagine standing around waiting for that th to proc - Yuck

Stuff stays alive long enough for you to get weapons out? :( i generally /BRD to tag with horde and hope to melee something occasionally while people kill faster than my songs go off XD
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-15 08:47:40
Link | Citer | R

They literally mention their reasoning.

Quote:
(Yes it's my tp set for dynamis D and omen farming. Just substitute the relic +3 gloves for adhemar +1 on anything else)

I imagine when you are hitting a boss mob (Omen / Dyna D) for long enough then you would see additional procs. Relic gloves swap is really efficient too since you don't lose out on much accuracy and still cap your TH.
By sa1pa1 2019-04-15 20:48:59
Link | Citer | R

so, is it even worth it to r15 aeneas anymore?
You would only use it for lvl4sc?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-04-16 10:55:35
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
I imagine when you are hitting a boss mob (Omen / Dyna D) for long enough then you would see additional procs. Relic gloves swap is really efficient too since you don't lose out on much accuracy and still cap your TH.

And its a waste of money...

I sold my shards and voids because its such a waste...
By SimonSes 2019-04-16 14:02:17
Link | Citer | R

sa1pa1 said: »
so, is it even worth it to r15 aeneas anymore?
You would only use it for lvl4sc?

It's worth to have Aeneas. Not worth to upgrade it for now.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-04-18 10:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Hi all:

I searched back a bunch of pages to get some update information on Vajra. Last post I read said it was hotgarbage.

Is that the case @ rank 15. Thinking like vaj/twash combo. I don't have the means to test it, but wondering how it performs with the bonus to Mandalic. It can't be that bad, can it?

Thanks in advance for the responses.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-04-18 12:57:36
Link | Citer | R

Vaj r15 is strong but other options are better

From what I hear it shines if your tanking while in a hybrid set other then that I hear final stage ambu dagger is better/maybe
By Boshi 2019-04-18 14:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Vajhra shines if making a light SC is inportant
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-04-18 14:40:28
Link | Citer | R

What im thinking is vajra/twash for light and twash/tauret for dark.....

i tend to do the same concepts with my cor and ranger... i have fomal/dp and anni/gastra to do lights/darks as well
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-04-18 15:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Don't think its worth it...

Especially with savage blade now...
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-04-18 15:21:13
Link | Citer | R

The reason Vajra is bad is because a proper tp set renders the aftermath almost irrelevant. Triple Attack takes priority over Vajra's aftermath effect, so whenever triple attack procs your aftermath may as well not even be there. If you have to wear a hybrid set fulltime it may be worth considering, but even then Tawahter or Aeneas build will keep up just fine. Whenever you're allowed to TP in regular gear, which will be the vast majority of your time spent playing on thief (I assume you main thief if you're building an REMA for it, or at least plan to spend lots of time... otherwise why not just build an REMA for your preferred job?), Twasher or Aeneas wil both vastly outperform a vajra.

This is more or less a standard optimized TP build. I've linked to it earlier but it's relevant to the discussion so I'll post it again. Since people felt the need to complain about the hands I edited the adhemar +1 back in. This set has 35% Triple attack rate in gear alone, which when added to the 11% we get natively plus the 8% we get from mastering the job via gifts comes to a total of 54% triple attack rate. That means Vajra's aftermath would be active less than half the time, and could only proc at most for 50% of the swings at level 3. IE it would only proc on a quarter of your swings and wouldn't add much to your overall swings in comparison to the already stupid number we get just from being ourselves.

ItemSet 342123

Long story short.... Mandau and Vajra are both pretty much troply pieces right now. Twasher and Aeneas are both leagues ahead of them, but in and of themselves are fairly comparable to one another. Rank 15 Twash leads out over Rank 15 Aeneas currently, but that's because Twash benefits from rudra's storm, and exenterator is just meh.
By SimonSes 2019-04-18 15:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Don't think its worth it...

Especially with savage blade now...

Mandalic is Fusion, which both dagger and sword lucks. Dagger can make 2 step fusion, but it involves AoE and that's kinda poo.

You can make light/radiance with Aeneas, but Exentrator sucks.

Mandalic with Vajra is by far one of the best Fusion WS.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-04-18 15:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Gotta use last stand fam
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 261 262 263