For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 261 262 263
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2018-10-29 18:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Well that seriously diminishes my desire to come back.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-29 18:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
So I've been out of the loop for awhile. Considering maybe resubbing for the winter when the semester is over.

How to upgrade REMA+D weapons again? (Did we ever settle on an acronym for that?) I think you need to clear something or use job points, then turn something in, or something. The wiki also said something about upgrading all your weapons of a type at the same time, which is nice for my 4 daggers. Is this something I can do in about 6 weeks with minimal support?

You need a Dyna-D wave 3 clear to upgrade. So if you have connections to get that you can upgrade a weapon. Each weapon type is tied to a zone. Sandy = E, bastok = M, Windy = R, Jeuno = A. After that it's either spend gil or spam Omen as Omen trash drops the new currency to augment the weapon.

The non-Dyna-D clear option involves turning in 10,000 job points with a cap of 700 a week, so it'd take you the whole winter to unlock, though you could just farm Omen in the mean time and have it done by the end of the season.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2018-10-29 19:02:05
Link | Citer | R

I see. The "work on multiple weapons at once" only pertain to unlocking the initial stage. Afterwards, it's just gil/omen to rank up the augments... right?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-29 19:08:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I see. The "work on multiple weapons at once" only pertain to unlocking the initial stage. Afterwards, it's just gil/omen to rank up the augments... right?

Yeah, once you get one weapon type unlocked you can begin augmenting any number of that type of weapon. Then it's a big grind to get the upgrade items for each one.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2018-10-29 19:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Much appreciated. I need to get people back together
By DaneBlood 2018-10-30 03:58:04
Link | Citer | R

For offhanding with AG twashstar
Which is considered more optimal ?

Shijo (DEX+15, Dual Wield+5, Triple Atk. +2)
or
Taming Sari (STR+5, DEX+6, DMG:+10)

A better tamming Sari seems to be eluding me and i just want to know If its ok to toss shoji
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-30 04:31:44
Link | Citer | R

It's so close I would just go with whatever you feel works better for your style.
By Sneakyman 2018-11-07 17:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Also, if WSD applies to all hits of DE Evis and Exe they might rival Rudra spam... Evis was already pretty close (relatively speaking)

Sup currently putting together a exenterator set and was curious what the top end sets for it look like now since people have been saying WSD applies to all hits. The guide on bg wiki points out that exenterator doesn't scale well with WSD but with those changes to WSD applying to all hits then is different gear currently valid for those top end sets?

Brutal/sherida/tati+1 are the recommended earrings but what about ishvara? Herc body and feet with AGI/ACC/ATT/WSD? the cape says to use agi+30 and double attack +10 but instead WSD+10? SOA ring with WSD? Meghanada +2 gloves are listed in high tier set but with that WSD on them and attack then they are max tier? How about Pillager's Bonnet +3 for SA and capped attack situations?

Don't think I would go ahead and make a new cape tho incase they revert something in the future.

Thx.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-07 21:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Guide is going to be outdated, since it was all pre-change.

Still not really worth making an exe set but it would be all WSD now provided sufficient attack etc.

I can hit 30k exe w/ trust buffs and berserk, properly geared I'd love to see what it can do.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-11-08 04:21:49
Link | Citer | R

I would disagree only in that Exe gives you a lot of options for Umbra/Radiance. My go to 4 step that I'm doing right now is Exenterator > Rudra's > Evisceration > Rudra's. Without Exenterator (and Aeonic) I don't think that second Rudra's would SC.

The only difference between a Rudra's WSD and Exenterator WSD set would probably be feet + legs... aka you don't want to be using Lustra set for Exenterator. Relic +3 legs become hands down bis for Exe, where it's only situationally better for Rudra's, and you'd want some good WSD Herc feet, that you wouldn't use for any other THF ws sets.
By Boshi 2018-11-08 04:37:53
Link | Citer | R

rudra evis rudra

and

evis rudra rudra

and

mand evis rudra rudra

have always worked
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-08 04:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Now with a fully augmented Twashtar multi-step isn't as nice to do. Spamming Rudra's for 40k a pop makes doing a 15-25k evisceration not feel as worthwhile unless you get great mirroring from SC each step.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-11-08 04:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
rudra evis rudra

and

evis rudra rudra

and

mand evis rudra rudra

have always worked

Then forget I said anything?

With Aeonic would the SC damage from aftermath at all displace the weaker WS damage from that initial Exenterator?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-08 04:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Boshi said: »
rudra evis rudra

and

evis rudra rudra

and

mand evis rudra rudra

have always worked

Then forget I said anything?

With Aeonic would the SC damage from aftermath at all displace the weaker WS damage from that initial Exenterator?

Depends on if there are any MB's occuring, and how much SC damage the mob takes. If it's a full mirror each time I usually did go for the 4 step for giggles, but I don't think it was truly a damage increase each time.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-11-08 05:01:59
Link | Citer | R

I was just looking at it on the bg wiki and depending on the TP at which Exenterator is used, you get from 3-10% increased SC damage. I on average on my EXP mobs lose approximately 5-7k damage when I use Exenterator instead of another Evisceration. My last umbra SC usually ranges from 60-99k depending on my Rudra's luck, so maybe.

I usually kill ~1/2 of my EXP targets with just the 4-step.

I guess I'd need to try Mandalic as starting WS on a 4 step to really say.
By Sneakyman 2018-11-09 00:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Sneakyman said: »

Also, if WSD applies to all hits of DE Evis and Exe they might rival Rudra spam... Evis was already pretty close (relatively speaking)

Sup currently putting together a exenterator set and was curious what the top end sets for it look like now since people have been saying WSD applies to all hits. The guide on bg wiki points out that exenterator doesn't scale well with WSD but with those changes to WSD applying to all hits then is different gear currently valid for those top end sets?

Brutal/sherida/tati+1 are the recommended earrings but what about ishvara? Herc body and feet with AGI/ACC/ATT/WSD? the cape says to use agi+30 and double attack +10 but instead WSD+10? SOA ring with WSD? Meghanada +2 gloves are listed in high tier set but with that WSD on them and attack then they are max tier? How about Pillager's Bonnet +3 for SA and capped attack situations?

Don't think I would go ahead and make a new cape tho incase they revert something in the future.

Thx.

Ok nvm then (update notes) glad I didn't do a thing!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 01:06:04
Link | Citer | R

Yup. So. Trash the possibility of exe sets and evis, just spam all the rudra.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-09 01:13:37
Link | Citer | R

Exenterator was pretty shitty even with the glitch.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 01:14:32
Link | Citer | R

But it was less shitty
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-09 01:17:58
Link | Citer | R

I forget if I switched my Exen cape to WSD, but considering it's a matter of DA or WSD, I don't think there's really a damage difference there with nerfed WSD vs DA anyway lol
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-09 01:19:22
Link | Citer | R

The margin by which it was worse than Evisceration was actually greater with the glitch than without it.
By schwarzi88 2018-11-09 02:02:49
Link | Citer | R

does someone have updatesd RS and TP sets i can get to crosscheck my current sets ?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-09 02:11:30
Link | Citer | R

My unstacked Rudra's set:

ItemSet 348797

I actually use Chiner's+1 over Grunfeld, but that's because I have an Idris GEO at all times.

And here's what I TP in almost all the time:

ItemSet 344092
By schwarzi88 2018-11-09 02:16:47
Link | Citer | R

wow thanks for the quick response !
By Boshi 2018-11-09 07:16:00
Link | Citer | R

LOH has more of a tp set for harder content, some subs include:
head: adhemar+1
rings: hetaroi/epona
ammo: yetshila+1

legs: o spreadsheet samnuha only win for vajhra am3, but they prob hold up a bit better.
to LOH's point all the af/relic +3 stuff has a ton of hp/meva/eva

from behind the mob relic body would win, especially if not attack capped but the enmity+30 is stupid.

---

for rudra
could also use jutk feather or seething tathlum+1 for unstack rudra,

I think if you don't have geo buff seething usually wins.
New wsd ring is somewhere in there.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 07:39:39
Link | Citer | R

I still feel like they think TA actually gives all the THF enmity to the target, instead of just the enmity from the one attack. it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Not really any other excuse for putting enmity on pieces, especially 30.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-09 08:52:24
Link | Citer | R

I still feel like they think TA actually gives all the THF enmity to the target, instead of just the enmity from the one attack. it wouldn't surprise me at all.

It was to keep with the relic set, which had +enmity on all the pieces. They were actually quite smart and consolidated all the +enmity to one piece, which they then made for trick attacking. Granted it was originally more focused for evisceration so I'm not entirely on board with the body being the +enmity, but eh.

On terms of TA transferring all enmity, that would be nice. Maybe a 25% transfer of THF's enmity on TA usage, and then I feel like hate management would be possible.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-11-09 09:19:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

It was to keep with the relic set, which had +enmity on all the pieces. They were actually quite smart and consolidated all the +enmity to one piece, which they then made for trick attacking. Granted it was originally more focused for evisceration so I'm not entirely on board with the body being the +enmity, but eh.

On terms of TA transferring all enmity, that would be nice. Maybe a 25% transfer of THF's enmity on TA usage, and then I feel like hate management would be possible.

That would have interesting synergy with Accomplice/Collaborator. You collab you're best DD and then TA it onto the Tank essentially.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 09:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
That would have interesting synergy with Accomplice/Collaborator. You collab you're best DD and then TA it onto the Tank essentially.

I swear I'm at least half sure they think that's how it actually works already.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-11-09 09:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
My unstacked Rudra's set:

ItemSet 348797

I actually use Chiner's+1 over Grunfeld, but that's because I have an Idris GEO at all times.

And here's what I TP in almost all the time:

ItemSet 344092

That’s about in line for what I use as well. What are you using for Stacked Rudra LOH? Same as unstacked but more WSD?
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 261 262 263