For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-10 01:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
That's not so much "advocating" as "sidestepping the topic completely".

Agreed, but I don't think the Windbuffet+1 vs Chiner+1 is anything close to a significant difference, what with me TPing in like 49% Triple Attack in my low acc set, half my attacks doing 7% more damage vs a couple extra swings is such a negligible difference there's no real reason to argue strongly one way or another.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Does Maju only level up if you do exactly the same skillchain twice? I thought it was just "doing the same skillchain twice in some amount of time or within a phase or something."

I honestly don't know. Guess this would be something to find out before going all out with that strat, hah.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-10 01:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I might have to try this out. Any idea of the ACC requirement for it?
I don't actually record /checkparam values and just improvise with whatever support I have that day, but 2 accuracy buffs and Sublime Sushi is enough to reliably hit it good accuracy gear.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-10 01:30:10
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I might have to try this out. Any idea of the ACC requirement for it?
I don't actually record /checkparam values and just improvise with whatever support I have that day, but 2 accuracy buffs and Sublime Sushi is enough to reliably hit it good accuracy gear.

For what job? Different jobs have different values they hit with good accuracy gear.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-10 01:31:34
Link | Citer | R

BLU. Adhemar+1 and Carmine+1 included, but don't always need to resort to my Carmine+1 pieces.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-06-10 01:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Quick Question for TP Setup:

Taeon Tights -

Augments: Triple Attack +2, Critical Hit DMG +3, Acc/Atk +20

VS.

Herculean Trousers -

Assuming the Herculean Trousers get at least Trip Attack 4 on them, would they be better than the Taeon Tights or not? Not sure if keeping the taeon and the crit hit dmg+3 is worth it. Of course these would be until I can get some decently augmented SR pants. Thanks in advance.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-06-10 01:39:13
Link | Citer | R

For me I guess it depends whether or not Maju counts the second Darkness as being different from the first Darkness.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-10 01:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Quick Question for TP Setup:

Taeon Tights -

Augments: Triple Attack +2, Critical Hit DMG +3, Acc/Atk +20

VS.

Herculean Trousers -

Assuming the Herculean Trousers get at least Trip Attack 4 on them, would they be better than the Taeon Tights or not? Not sure if keeping the taeon and the crit hit dmg+3 is worth it. Of course these would be until I can get some decently augmented SR pants. Thanks in advance.

Probably herc pants with TA4 and some okay acc would be better on account of TA+STP in one.
[+]
By Verda 2016-06-10 01:41:36
Link | Citer | R

Samnuha tights max aug will beat both in most circumstances depending on the rest of the gear and AM3 I have got herc STP to win out before but not in the "best" am3 set I could find. Samnuha lack accuracy though and so do taeon compared to what herc can offer, so for anything higher acc requirements you want herc legs or even adhemar +1.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-06-10 01:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Thank you! I will work on getting a decent TA+4+ augments and see what I get.
 Asura.Kogasho
user: kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2016-06-16 14:26:14
Link | Citer | R

Is there any up to date TP sets, Acc Sets, WS Sets, TH Sets?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-27 13:46:23
Link | Citer | R

Yes, for TP sets, you want to balance QA/TA, Store TP and accuracy, depending on what you're fighting. For Acc sets, if you look at the item description, it tells you how much accuracy a piece has; you want to look for the biggest number. For WS sets, you prioritize WSDMG, whatever stat corresponds with the WS you're using and attack. Crit Damage if you're stacking with SA/TA, crit hit rate if your WS can crit naturally. For TH sets, again, look at the item description and you can see if the piece has any TH on it.

If you need additional help looking up gear, sorted by job, level and slot, there is a site you can use for that

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item#adv
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-05 12:57:53
Link | Citer | R

Well, Herc legs got completely decimated this update. Despite the number of stones I've been throwing at making a herc pdt/acc set for the last two weeks, I'm rather pleased with the new skadi set.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2016-07-06 11:15:44
Link | Citer | R

quick question... for stacked Rudra's Lustratio feet/legs +1 or 119 AF legs + Thereoid Greaves?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-06 11:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Well, THF can't use Thereoid- so that simplifies things a bit.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2016-07-06 11:22:08
Link | Citer | R

oops lol guess i'll stick with lustratio
By Ulthakptah 2016-07-06 12:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Well, Herc legs got completely decimated this update. Despite the number of stones I've been throwing at making a herc pdt/acc set for the last two weeks, I'm rather pleased with the new skadi set.
Meh, I wouldn't say I'm pleased with the set for thf. The body and legs are okay for a pdt/acc set sure, but other than that nothing of interest. Maybe there is also a half decent extenerator set in there as well.

I might have been more excited if there was an okay crossbow to use it with, or if it had similar amounts of magic accuracy to go with that ranged accuracy to land status bolts, but instead all the ranged accuracy is a sour reminder of how ranged weapons or status bolts aren't much of a thing anymore for thf.

idk, this whole update has struck a nerve with me. The mog wardrobes 3/4 that I can't use are getting in my way, I want the HQ versions of the rings, but they are T0 synths and I'm not up to paying 500 mil for a stupid ring let alone 2 of them, and now I have to get 20,000 hallmarks a month to get 10 dyes for the 4th upgrade.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-06 12:50:09
Link | Citer | R

I just now noticed the severe lack of haste on these pieces.
By Ulthakptah 2016-07-06 13:19:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I just now noticed the severe lack of haste on these pieces.
Well then, I take back what I said about them being good pdt/acc set pieces. Herc augs don't fail me now.
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 11:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Hi backstabbers!

Just trying to offer some versatility to Ambuscade groups this month.

When using SA for thf, do I want to have Skulker's hands equipped just for the usage of SA or for the duration of the buff (through ws and everything)?.

Likewise for Pillager's hands and Trick Attack? I suspect/hope that it's just fur the usage of the abilities but thought I'd ask.

Related, what about stacking dex and agi for the abilities? For the ability usage, or for the duration of the buff?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-11 11:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Has to be worn on hit, but you can probably do better with a decent set of Herc hands augs if you have them.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-07-11 11:45:25
Link | Citer | R

The new Ambuscade hands +1 are probably your best SA or TA WS hands, and you should probably not be using unstacked SA or TA very much / at all anymore.
[+]
By geigei 2016-07-11 11:55:11
Link | Citer | R

You guys going STP on jse for tp?
By Boshi 2016-07-11 11:57:31
Link | Citer | R

The amb hands have:
Str+5 dex+8 agi+8 acc+29 attack+37 ta-2 wsd+5

Vs base herc. Perfect aug herc isn't gonna beat that only exception would be some rediculous dark matter aug
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-11 12:08:23
Link | Citer | R

I keep forgetting the stats on neoSkadi. Yes, hands+1 are a thing for stacked WS.

As for why THF doesn't use Skulker's/Pillager's, remember that the base damage bonus of SA/TA is added after http://fTP. The bonus from those items (a multiplier on that term) thus affects only a small portion of your overall damage on a stacked WS. Given that you can get much higher/better stats through modern gear, they're simply outclassed.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 12:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for all the replies!

My thief set presently consists of hand-me-downs from a nicely geared blu, and Ambuskadi (got a nice ring to it, Ambuskadi).

I'm exactly 0 JP into thf, and a bit underwhelmed by my SA/TAs compared to other thiefs, but that's what happens when you're 0 JP into something.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-07-11 12:53:19
Link | Citer | R

Oh really neo skadi hands better then pillagers and skulkers hands are meh for stacked WSs now?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-11 13:19:50
Link | Citer | R

Pillager and Skulker hands have been outclassed for awhile now.
 Carbuncle.Ricekid
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ricekid 2016-07-13 01:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Besides the new Ambuscade hands anything else I should be looking at from Ambuscade after recently coming back to XI
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-13 01:04:43
Link | Citer | R

The ambuscade body should be BiS for stacked WS.

And the hands are for all WS, not just stacked ones.
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2016-07-13 12:00:41
Link | Citer | R

Is there an updated thf spreadsheet floating around anywhere?
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 262 263 264