For The Shinies! A Guide For Thief

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 262 263 264
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-08 13:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Wow that is depressing. Makes me wonder why SE bothered making it decay at all.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-08 13:23:12
Link | Citer | R

As enemy levels go up beyond 119, it can get pretty hard to land the effect. Kind of important since those are the enemies where such an effect makes a bigger difference. mekosuchinae harness or foppish tunica are both pretty great for both magic acc and ranged acc in a single slot, I forget what else.

They probably made Feint decay and shortlived because it's unresistable.
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-08 13:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but they should have just done one or the other. Make it short lived, or have it decay. Why make it decay if it only lasts for 30 seconds? Before I could understand both because -50% evasion is pretty extreme, but 150 is pretty meh.

Does it overwrite/can be overwritten by other eva down effects like distract?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-07-08 14:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Distract seems to block Feint. (At least I'm being told to not use Distract when Feint is about to be used.)

I don't know if Distract overwrites Feint though.

As for MACC, we don't have a way to exactly quantify magic accuracy right now, so the assumption is that 1 skill = MACC.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-08 14:42:03
Link | Citer | R

The only thing you can know for sure with Magic Acc Skill is the fact that it only goes by the mainhand weapon, so a weapon with Magic Acc as a separate stat could be offhanded for the boost. Mandau, Vajra, and Twashtar have higher Magic Acc Skill than other knives, also. Jugo +1 is probably the best offhand dagger for Magic Acc.

Aside from added effects on weapons, Magic Acc will also help with Steps/Flourishes, and of course magic attacks like Jugo's enspell, Aeolian Edge, etc.
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-08 15:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
Distract seems to block Feint. (At least I'm being told to not use Distract when Feint is about to be used.)

I don't know if Distract overwrites Feint though.

As for MACC, we don't have a way to exactly quantify magic accuracy right now, so the assumption is that 1 skill = MACC.
Well if you have distract 3 you are probably better off with that. Assuming the two status do conflict. I think people have gotten distract 3 to lower eva by 180.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-08 15:25:42
Link | Citer | R

Distract III does like 90 if the RDM has pretty much max possible Fnfeebling skill. 180 would be with Saboteur. I guess you'd just use Feint whenever the RDM is getting resisted and too busy to keep trying.
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-08 15:43:50
Link | Citer | R

I guess if it does overwrite feint, you could use it before the fight and have some eva down while the rdm is putting on all their debuffs. They probably like to start with frazzle.

Anyone know if the Conspirator job points works for everyone who gets the buff or just the thf?
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-07-08 16:21:30
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Aside from added effects on weapons, Magic Acc will also help with Steps/Flourishes

Flourishes onry, if at all. Step accuracy is determined by melee hit rate and the daze effects can't be resisted.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-16 16:58:00
Link | Citer | R

So I was looking through the bst nerf thread on the OF, because for the lulz, and someone said that thf's are still doing 50-60k weaponskills on damage neutral targets. Is it just me or does that not match up with my spreadsheet numbers lol.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-16 19:29:34
Link | Citer | R

Ulthakptah said: »
So I was looking through the bst nerf thread on the OF, because for the lulz, and someone said that thf's are still doing 50-60k weaponskills on damage neutral targets. Is it just me or does that not match up with my spreadsheet numbers lol.
THF was never doing 50-60k Rudra's even before the nerf, it was always more like 30k, I have no idea where that person is getting their number.

If they are including the SC as part of the damage then sure but that's either a magic haste capped THF solo SC or 2 THFs SCing together.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-07-16 19:56:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
THF was never doing 50-60k Rudra's even before the nerf, it was always more like 30k, I have no idea where that person is getting their number.

If they are including the SC as part of the damage then sure but that's either a magic haste capped THF solo SC or 2 THFs SCing together.

Sounds like some butthurt Bst trying to take revenge on other jobs.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-07-19 12:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Is onca suit any good for a Pdt and Mdt build or would a mix of Iuitl pieces and other parts make for better builds?

I currently use it along with D.Ring/Vocane Ring, Twilight Torque, Mollusca Mantle and other parts depending on whether I am trying to oomph through magic or physical attacks and I still get beat up pretty bad.

What would you suggest?
Ty :)
By Chyula 2015-07-19 18:39:03
Link | Citer | R

mafic club from titan. scorpion harness from unity, mdt earring from vagary.
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-07-19 21:30:38
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said: »

Sounds like some butthurt Bst trying to take revenge on other jobs.

Just a quick google search

Obviously prenerf, but yeah... 50k
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-19 21:30:58
Link | Citer | R

In situations where I want PDT, I usually want accuracy too. There are a number of pieces of gear that have both on them, and are worth checking out.

Head: lithelimb cap
Body: emet harness/+1
Hands: umuthi gloves
Rings: patricius ring

WKR gear can also be augmented for more PDT (Buremte gloves being a solid choice) using Yumcax's KI. In terms of pure PDT pieces, can always rely on Iuitl +1, flume belt (no need for +1), and for magic dudes (such as Hurkan), engulfer cape +1 and shadow ring.

edit: Those damage screenshots are pre-nerf, when that one loser felt compelled to post his damage screenshots in like every single post on every forum, and then complain that bandwagoning was going cause people to notice how strong THF was.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-07-19 21:36:48
Link | Citer | R

I know it was prenerf, someone said thf never hit 50k even before nerf

Chyula said: »
Video or its shopped.

Troll is back.....

Even if the fotia gorget/belt came out after the nerf there was still plenty of gear pre-nerf for people to hit 50k+

Stop playing with bad people thinking that is as good as people get.

Going thf/war with decent gear still breaks 30k now, and that is with lower ws mods.
By Chyula 2015-07-19 22:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Video or its shopped.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-20 01:54:27
Link | Citer | R

Only way I could see 50k from then is with things like boostdex/indidex because between the fTP and DEX mod that would add a crazy amount of damage. Personally I broke 40k a few times, though my Rudra's set was FAR from perfect, and that may have only been on piercing weak mobs.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-07-20 08:27:50
Link | Citer | R

I think I'll aim for these 2 sets:

PDT: ItemSet 336416

MDT: ItemSet 338244

There would probably be some extra dedicated pieces for both sets, but inventory....
By geigei 2015-07-20 08:32:04
Link | Citer | R

MDT keep rings and neck, everything else go mdb/meva if you have shell on.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-20 08:35:38
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
I would imagine his set is for a non-shell situation to be fair, judging by the amount of MDT/DT in that set.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-20 09:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Only way I could see 50k from then is with things like boostdex/indidex because between the fTP and DEX mod that would add a crazy amount of damage. Personally I broke 40k a few times, though my Rudra's set was FAR from perfect, and that may have only been on piercing weak mobs.
He had a Vajra. Very proud of it too seeing as he set its picture as his profile picture.

Anyway saying a ws doesn't do 50-60k damage isn't the same as saying it never did over 50k. 50-60k implies that 50 was the low end rather than the upper end. best gear pre nerf you are looking at 40-50k, without mythic it's more like 30-40k. At least when your attack is capped.

Post nerf and with the best gear possible minus mythic with capped attack and 3000 tp your average is going to be around 28k.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-07-20 10:07:24
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
I would imagine his set is for a non-shell situation to be fair, judging by the amount of MDT/DT in that set.

Yep.
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-25 19:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Okay so I've been having a problem lately with my macros. Right now when I want to sneak attack or trick attack with a weaponskill my macros for it is

/ja "sneak attack" <me> <wait 1>
/ws "Rudra's storm" <t>

only for some reason now when I do it, it will only do the sneak attack and then tell me I can't use my weaponskill. Anyone know why I would suddenly start having this problem?
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 262 263 264