users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Rapid Shot vs. Snapshot
Rapid Shot vs. Snapshot
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-03-07 10:13:16
Link | Citer | R

So I know Snapshot is essentially haste for ranged attacks.

And Rapid Shot occasionally fires off a shot without delay.

At what point is one better than the other in terms of generating TP? I think the most Snapshot you can get on a head is 3%, and most Rapid Shot is +10.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-03-07 10:18:06
Link | Citer | R

So, someone who knows more about ranged attack mechanics than I do can speak to this, but - since you should be pre-shooting in snapshot gear, and THEN changing to your "end the shot" gear with all your real ranged attack/+STR and such, isn't rapid shot just really making sure you shoot in your snapshot gear?

The increased shot speed vs. shooting in inferior gear seems like the real question.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-03-07 10:20:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
So, someone who knows more about ranged attack mechanics than I do can speak to this, but - since you should be pre-shooting in snapshot gear, and THEN changing to your "end the shot" gear with all your real ranged attack/+STR and such, isn't rapid shot just really making sure you shoot in your snapshot gear?

The increased shot speed vs. shooting in inferior gear seems like the real question.

So... your saying Snapshot is > Rapid Shot, because it gives delay enough to gear swap into ranged attack gear? And that Rapid Shot would be too quick for the swap?
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-03-07 10:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Basically. But like I said, someone with more knowledge of the mechanics would know better, maybe getting that extra shot with sub-optimal gear and no delay is superior.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-07 10:32:19
Link | Citer | R

IIRC it actually works more like Conserve MP, where a certain percentage of the time it will reduce your delay by a random amount, so getting 10% rapid shot isn't so much an average decease of 10% in delay so much as it is more like something like 3% or something because of the randomness involved.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-03-09 13:12:40
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Bismarck.Kelhor said: »

So... your saying Snapshot is > Rapid Shot, because it gives delay enough to gear swap into ranged attack gear? And that Rapid Shot would be too quick for the swap?

No you won't, even with rapid shot proc you still have plenty of time to swap gears, unless you lag.

I thought since snapshot is like haste, it's more valuable(compare with rapid shot) when you have lots of snapshot?