[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 35 36 37
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-15 13:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »

Ahh...tenryu hands. of course. I will update this.

Edit: Separated the two underneath the TP MAX BUFFs section of the equipment.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-15 13:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Plentiful access to regain kinda breaks the need for x-hits, but for his set, rose, kappa, hagniea, bullwhip, mala. Retain 5hIt, gain haste and multi attack.
[+]
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-03-15 13:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Thanks very much, truly appreciate it, I bought a Missuchi Kappa a while back just because I know I should for things like this, I think the Calculator I use is a bit dated, thanks for pointing that out for me and answering my questions. Great guide so far also, good stuff :)
[+]
 Siren.Lidenbok
Serveur: Siren
user: Lidenbok
By Siren.Lidenbok 2013-03-15 14:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Great guide, thank you!
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-15 15:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Anybody know of a way I can embed an excel spreadsheet into a forum post?

I just put together a pretty neat one so people can just put in their gear STP values for both TP and WS and it will tell them what their returns are/if they are 5hit or not.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-15 15:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Krylon said: »
Anybody know of a way I can embed an excel spreadsheet into a forum post?

I just put together a pretty neat one so people can just put in their gear STP values for both TP and WS and it will tell them what their returns are/if they are 5hit or not.

Do a link to google docs docs.google.com or now drive.....
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-03-15 19:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Hello again, I wanted to ask again, because I had another read through the calculating TP section. Is the set I posted not a true 5-hit? According to the Calculating TP section my TP set has the same amount mentioned in the example and my Fudo WS set 13 instead of 11 that was determined to be a 5-hit in the example. Was it just a simple miscalc or am I missing something? ^^; Sorry to bother again.

Edit: Sorry guys, kept changing the set around not realising it would change what I already posted lol
 Odin.Zelphes
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-15 23:23:49
Link | Citer | R

SamuraiCloud27 said: »
Hello again, I wanted to ask again, because I had another read through the calculating TP section. Is the set I posted not a true 5-hit? According to the Calculating TP section my TP set has the same amount mentioned in the example and my Fudo WS set 13 instead of 11 that was determined to be a 5-hit in the example. Was it just a simple miscalc or am I missing something? ^^; Sorry to bother again.

Tp set
ItemSet 292975

Fudo
ItemSet 292978

Shoha
ItemSet 292979

Your set is a 5-hit.

I see 52 STP in gear before merits.

1.92*11.1 = 21.3
21.3*4 = 85.2
1.53*11.1 = 16.9

85.2+16.9 = 102.1 (Fudo)

85.2+16.9+1.5 = 103.6 (Shoha)

I would get closer to haste cap if I were you.

Bullwhip/Phos & Hagneia as first upgrades, then work on Rose Strap + Phorcys Salade.

In each step of the upgrades, you keep a 5-hit.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-16 02:36:11
Link | Citer | R

SamuraiCloud27 said: »

You are right actually! I goofed it...

100 + 40 + 13 = 153 and I put 143 which screwed the whole thing up xD

That's what happens when you post while at work....
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-03-16 09:34:37
Link | Citer | R

No worries ^^ Thanks guys for all the advice you've given me, by doing so I know what to start on. Once again, great guide!
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-18 13:19:54
Link | Citer | R

Took a few minutes to put together this Excel sheet that will math out your 5hit scenarios. Each slot has a pick list of things you can choose from.

I put the most likely pieces of gear as possibilities. Anything with Store TP + should be available for its respective slot so anything else doesn't matter too much because that is all we are concerned with for this spreadsheet.

Comments/thoughts/corrections - let me know!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-MmXb3WQK4GSXlab2lxSllJUEE/edit?usp=sharing

(note: also adding this to the OP in the Store TP section)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-19 08:51:41
Link | Citer | R

Added some more info regarding Utilizing JAs properly/actual end game situations that could be useful to new players on SAM.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-19 09:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Took a few minutes to put together this Excel sheet that will math out your 5hit scenarios. Each slot has a pick list of things you can choose from.

I put the most likely pieces of gear as possibilities. Anything with Store TP + should be available for its respective slot so anything else doesn't matter too much because that is all we are concerned with for this spreadsheet.

do everyone a favor an remove porthos byrnie from that spreadsheet, no Sam should ever tp in that thing
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-19 09:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

do everyone a favor an remove porthos byrnie from that spreadsheet, no Sam should ever tp in that thing

All that and that is all you got to say Jassik?!!

xD
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-19 09:27:24
Link | Citer | R

All that and that is all you got to say Jassik?!!

xD

just woke up, I'm sure i can find some screenshots to illustrate my point ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-19 09:29:32
Link | Citer | R

Touché - point taken lol ^^
 Phoenix.Icemn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-03-19 10:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Yet I constantly see SAM doing it @.@;
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-19 10:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Icemn said: »

it was ogier's surcoat before that, people just want to shove haste in that body slot so they don't have to put real effort in
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-19 10:09:11
Link | Citer | R

it was ogier's surcoat before that, people just want to shove haste in that body slot so they don't have to put real effort in

Basically this.

I will say this though - if you have body unlocked and not much else in Salvage, Porthos isn't a bad piece to use until you get head hands feet legs. Works well for me from time to time.
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-03-19 10:12:49
Link | Citer | R

Basically this.

I will say this though - if you have body unlocked and not much else in Salvage, Porthos isn't a bad piece to use until you get head hands feet legs. Works well for me from time to time.
I know why they do it, doesn't mean I like it lol x.x and yeah, I will agree with you on the Salvage thing but since I don't have, and probably never will, I stick with Ogier's lol
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-03-20 13:50:35
Link | Citer | R

How do you guys think 2-4 ToM GK would work out with Yoichi? Compared to Amano which of the 2 would be better? Assume end game content like Legion.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-20 13:59:58
Link | Citer | R

How do you guys think 2-4 ToM GK would work out with Yoichi? Compared to Amano which of the 2 would be better? Assume end game content like Legion.

amano by a mile, the oa2-4 is really only viable if you don't have access to amano.
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-03-20 14:05:55
Link | Citer | R

amano by a mile, the oa2-4 is really only viable if you don't have access to amano.

Can you explain why, please? I have neither and never really looked into either one asking more for a LS mate.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-20 14:17:26
Link | Citer | R

the biggest thing being the base damage is crap, the main advantage to amano is the accuracy and ability to jump to gkt ws seamlessly. oa2-4 doesn't allow you to tp in hybrid gear with capped acc and switch to shoha when buffs start to wear.
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-03-20 14:23:29
Link | Citer | R

the biggest thing being the base damage is crap, the main advantage to amano is the accuracy and ability to jump to gkt ws seamlessly. oa2-4 doesn't allow you to tp in hybrid gear with capped acc and switch to shoha when buffs start to wear.

Ooh, that's good lol. Tyvm^^
 Lakshmi.Guyledouche
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Guyledouche 2013-03-26 12:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Quick earring question. If i don't need the stp from Unkai Mimikazari would Ghillie Earring +1 be a better option to melee in? thanks
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-26 12:38:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Guyledouche said: »
Quick earring question. If i don't need the stp from Unkai Mimikazari would Ghillie Earring +1 be a better option to melee in? thanks

it is used for the zanshin more than the stp at this point, the accand att on ghillie probably doesn't beat the 1% zanasso da the earring generally adds when you consider a sam's accuracy and ws bias.
 Lakshmi.Guyledouche
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Guyledouche 2013-03-26 12:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Thanks

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-28 01:07:41
Link | Citer | R

Karieyh Sollerets are probably going to work well in a lot of WS sets and maybe change some TP/WS sets based on the STP.

Legs as an alternative to Ogier's/Tenryu+1 for Kaiten/Fudo...pretty sure Avant +1 still better for Shoha if Tenryu+1 isn't an option but I would have to look into it more.

Everything else is underwhelming at first glance. Don't let the head fool you...Phorcys if you need the STP, Usu +1 if you don't.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 35 36 37