[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 35 36 37
 Cerberus.Reiden
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2013-09-04 14:54:06
Link | Citer | R

Vote for Taint to make new guide.
 Lakshmi.Guyledouche
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Guyledouche 2013-09-05 14:09:04
Link | Citer | R

Looking for advice and thoughts on my tp/shoha sets.
gloves are augmented with DA+1

ItemSet 310769
ItemSet 310770

One question on WS head slot, is its still best to use Mekira-oto +1 on the right days?

Thanks
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-09-05 14:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, Mekira-oto for active days. And use Thew Bomblet or Cheruski Needle for Shoha.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-05 14:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Guyledouche said: »

ItemSet 310769
ItemSet 310770

One question on WS head slot, is its still best to use Mekira-oto +1 on the right days?

Thanks

Mekira should still win on corresponding days, but it's edge is probably pretty minimal due to the difference in base stats available now, since fTP doesn't have as big of an impact on Shoha as it does on many other WS.

You also probably don't need as much attack as you have for most targets, shoha has a huge attack bonus.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-09-05 14:31:29
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 310769
ItemSet 310770

Thanks

What path did you take your Mikinaak gear Guy? R15 Hands & Feet are the best WS pieces right now if you didn't already do DEX. I would use Thew Bomblet as well.

Your TP set is 1% Haste short, so you really have to make sure Ionis is active in Adoulin to cap it. Otherwise you can switch Goading out for Dynamic +1, I don't quite remember how much STP an Ugui needs to even make a 5hit worthwhile.
 Lakshmi.Guyledouche
By Lakshmi.Guyledouche 2013-09-05 14:32:53
Link | Citer | R

Feet are dex path never did augs on hands and thanks for the input
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-09-05 14:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Feet are dex path never did augs on hands and thanks for the input

If you manage to get a pair of Otronif feet, augment those with DA and use for TP. From then you can either kill the DEX path on Mikinaak feet to make them WS gear, or just wait until we down Shark for Whirlpool Greaves.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2013-09-09 09:32:49
Link | Citer | R

How much store tp do we need for a 4 hit with the shark great katana? I am unable to find that info on this thread.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-09 09:35:35
Link | Citer | R

stp math is in the OP, just use 25 tp for the ws return. Ionis gives an additional 10 save tp, so 35 if you are getting the bonus.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-09-23 03:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Trying to get some dust off my SAM which I haven't used since before SoA.
Set1 is gear I already have, Set2 is a set I was thinking to build over the next days.

ItemSet 313539

ItemSet 313540

Spreadsheet-wise there is a very small difference between the two sets, favouring the second.
Both are 4-hit (3hits + WS), at least during Ionis. First one has higher stats (acc/str/dex/vit/att etc) and has 26% haste even without Ionis, whereas the second has 24. Altough without Ionis first set stops being 4hit so the point is kinda moot.

Opinions? Any other adjustments?
By beniwo 2013-09-23 10:49:18
Link | Citer | R

do you guys recommend R.acc or R.atk path for speleogen bow?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-09-23 11:06:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Both are 4-hit (3hits + WS), at least during Ionis. First one has higher stats (acc/str/dex/vit/att etc) and has 26% haste even without Ionis, whereas the second has 24. Altough without Ionis first set stops being 4hit so the point is kinda moot.
I'm not really sure what kind of set you're looking for, so I can't make suggestions. :S Are you unable to make multiple TP sets and looking for an all-in-one set or something?

beniwo said: »
do you guys recommend R.acc or R.atk path for speleogen bow?
Ratk. Accuracy should be a non-issue if buffs/debuffs are being properly applied. It's pretty meh with Tsurumaru, though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2013-09-23 15:49:34
Link | Citer | R

I was talking about a "main TP" set. No need atm to make different sets for low/high accuracy situations judging from the stuff I do when I'm in game, and I kinda have no doubts about MDT, PDT and hybrid sets.

So my question was kinda for a main TP set, I suppose. The first one is gear I already have and it's a decent starting point. Second requires some gear I need to get but it should be better, even if the difference is pretty minimal at least judging from the spreadsheet.

I was kinda looking for corrections or suggestions on the second TP set, like stuff I might have forgot which could be better than those I listed.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-23 16:18:36
Link | Citer | R

plenty of reason to adjust your tp set based on ionis, buffs, haste or a dozen things besides accuracy. a good Sam will have several mid accuracy sets based on outside buffs.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-09-23 16:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Well I'll offer 2 basic sets.

With Ionis:
ItemSet 311460
Can use Porthos Byrnie if you don't have 2DA on Otronif Harness. Can also swap Takaha Mantle to Misuuchi Kappa if you use Carbonara or have Samurai Roll.

Without Ionis:
ItemSet 311451
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2013-09-23 19:25:03
Link | Citer | R

What Legs should I use for apex arrow if I don't have Tenryu Hakama +1?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-09-23 19:28:02
Link | Citer | R

Otronif
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2013-09-23 19:35:02
Link | Citer | R

has anyone compared ogiers breeches to otronif brais for apex arrow? i'm curious about that
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-23 20:11:26
Link | Citer | R

Considering the WSD is only the first hit (apex is only 1 hit), the question is basically does 25STR and 17AGI give you more than 3% increase over naked. I'd wager it does with a WS like Apex. The accuracy and attack on Ogier's is doing nothing for you on a ranged WS.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2013-09-24 02:28:43
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
plenty of reason to adjust your tp set based on ionis, buffs, haste or a dozen things besides accuracy.
Aside from Ionis which is out of the situation (I'm not even using SAM without ionis or outside of SoA) some example on the other buffs you were talking about please?
Can only think of some small swaps because of capped haste, there must be something else I can't think of atm.

Quote:
a good Sam
Nah, not aiming at the peak, it's just a job I'm getting some dust off to use every now and then. Don't want to have random or ugly gear but I don't expect being as good as someone who dedicates his time on SAM as his main job ;)

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »

With Ionis:
ItemSet 311460
Aaah fantastic :o
I'm really liking this, thanks! :D
Too bad for the looks lol

Quote:
Can use Porthos Byrnie if you don't have 2DA on Otronif Harness.
Uhm... I only have 1DA but Spreadsheet says even 0DA Otronif > Porthos.
Actually even Gorney Harness > Porthos according to the SS.
Am I missing something?
By Tickmeoff 2013-09-24 03:10:56
Link | Citer | R

Sets that use porthos typically assume that when fully buffed you are accuracy/attack/everything capped on your target, so the only thing you are getting out of your body is multi-attack.

Basically, it assumes that you always have SV madrigals and lucky number or 11 corsair rolls. I'm using the WAR spreadsheet since I don't play SAM, but I only see capped accuracy on tojil with at least 2 of the 3 big accuracy buffs on (aggressor, madrigals, hunter's roll).
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-09-24 03:30:33
Link | Citer | R

Uhm... I only have 1DA but Spreadsheet says even 0DA Otronif > Porthos.
Actually even Gorney Harness > Porthos according to the SS.
Am I missing something?
Sounds like you're getting a decent chunk of critical hit rate from the DEX, probably. Can check that under the "Data" tab. That's not to say to ignore DEX completely when comparing sets, since I'm typically TPing in over 200 DEX in Delve counting the DEX bonus from Madrigals and Marches. I suppose TPing in a 0-1DA Otronif Body works also!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2013-09-24 03:33:40
Link | Citer | R

@Tickmeoff
So a very specific and situational set, I see. Thanks!
No Byrnie anyway, went 0/180 on the shark guy (even got a Delphinius lol!). With my current rl business I don't really have the time or will to organize more Bismarck runs. Not like Byrnie would drop anyway :p

@Llewelyn
Uhm, so adding a very high bunch of DEX as a custom bonus should rule it out, right? Let's see.

Edit: Yes indeed, that's quite a big DPS difference once you rule those factors out. Aww that's too bad! But it's also fine in the end since I never aimed to get that high anyway.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-09-24 04:06:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »

With Ionis:
ItemSet 311460
Can use Porthos Byrnie if you don't have 2DA on Otronif Harness. Can also swap Takaha Mantle to Misuuchi Kappa if you use Carbonara or have Samurai Roll.

Without Ionis:
ItemSet 311451

I know byrnie has haste and TA. But did your spreadsheet factor zanshin effect? I'm just curious.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-09-24 04:31:07
Link | Citer | R

It's 4% TA + 1% QA vs 2-3% Zanhasso (can't use Windbuffet with AF3+2 body) pending merits. Not to mention it can only proc when other forms of multi-attack fail to do so (Fighter's Roll would further devalue this if in play). As for whether it's properly accounted for in spreadsheet calcuations I can't say, but going off that info AF3+2 body really doesn't look very attractive.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-24 09:16:17
Link | Citer | R

plenty of reason to adjust your tp set based on ionis, buffs, haste or a dozen things besides accuracy.
Aside from Ionis which is out of the situation (I'm not even using SAM without ionis or outside of SoA) some example on the other buffs you were talking about please?
Can only think of some small swaps because of capped haste, there must be something else I can't think of atm.

Every situation has a different optimal setup. If you're underbuffed you get more out of different stats. You have to work out the relative stats of whatever you're fighting and which buffs you have. Ionis and accuracy aren't the only consideration.

Quote:
Quote:
a good Sam
Nah, not aiming at the peak, it's just a job I'm getting some dust off to use every now and then. Don't want to have random or ugly gear but I don't expect being as good as someone who dedicates his time on SAM as his main job ;)

No reason you can't aim for the peak without putting a ton of time into the job. Most of the pieces you would cycle around are fairly common, anyway.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2013-09-24 09:55:54
Link | Citer | R

Every situation has a different optimal setup.
Yes, and ice is cold and fire burns. (usually at least!)
What are we talking about here exactely? It seems you're starting some rethoric war. Do you want to imply something and I'm missing it? What is your point exactely?
I feel a bit lost.
Can you give some numerical/practical example instead of obvious generic/abstract sentences?

Quote:
No reason
There are more than one reason, altough it's understood not everybody will agree with them, but hey what can I say? Variety is the spice of life after all.
Despite me doing some end-game content, doing it this late into the expansion doesn't really mean anything.
I'm still a pretty casual player and, aside maybe from a couple of jobs for which I care particularly, I'm not really interested in being perfect for each of my 10 jobs.
A "reasonable compromise" is usually satisfying enough for me, it puts me well above the average player and is often very soothing for my inventory woes, which will be partially lifted with the incoming Mog Case but alas not completely solved. Maybe that's why I found Llewelyn's replies particulary precious for someone like me. It gives me something to look forward to, but at the same time leaves me the freedom to make my own choices without being judged for them.

tl;dr
I like to get better when I deem the effort/reward ratio reasonable for someone like me, but I do not have the will or the intention to get beyond a certain threshold. This doesn't mean the opposite either (that I don't care about my jobs at all and demand going around permaequipping Lv20 gear with no swaps)
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-09-24 10:11:12
Link | Citer | R

SAM is so easy to gear perfect, a caveman can do it. playing it right is the only problem, getting the best gear is easy also, aside from the JSE back that still eludes me after countless reives.....
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-09-24 11:32:45
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said: »
SAM is so easy to gear perfect, a caveman can do it. playing it right is the only problem, getting the best gear is easy also, aside from the JSE back that still eludes me after countless reives.....

It is true for pretty much all the jobs cause you have linear damages since the variance from aftermath is not used anymore due to r/m/e being useless.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-24 12:12:37
Link | Citer | R

example would be a viable 3 hit with tsuru if you're getting Sam roll, builds for different ws returns or the low delay mura, capped acc/att multi-hit or even zanshin set, though there are really very few situations where a zanshin set matters. to have all of those sets you'd basically swap around about 5 slots with gear you probably already own.

really the only compromise is that you'd have to do some math and write a few macros because inventory or gil aren't the issue.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 35 36 37