[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 35 36 37
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-31 11:12:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
With the new stats coming in on SoA gear, would Mikinaak hands and feet be the best for WS at rank 15?

Mikinaak Gauntlets
DEF:72 HP+15
STR+6 DEX+20 VIT+22 INT+13 MND+17 CHR+13
Attack+13
Evasion+11 Magic Evasion+19
Haste+4%
(STR +16 Attack +28 at R15)

Mikinaak Greaves
DEF:59 HP+9
STR+6 DEX+3 VIT+7 AGI+15 MND+1 CHR+13
Attack+10
Evasion+25 Magic Evasion+45
Store TP+5 Haste+4%
(STR +16 Attack +25 at R15)

Hands should be best until the near gear is released. (hand for SAM from new Delve boss)

For feet I'd still do DEX path for Mikinaak(xhit TP feet)
Whirlpool Greaves
DEF:84 HP+15
STR+15 DEX+17 VIT+15 AGI+32 MND+15 CHR+26
Accuracy+13 Attack+20
Evasion+52 Magic Evasion+75 Magic Defense+2
Haste+5%
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-31 12:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
With the new stats coming in on SoA gear, would Mikinaak hands and feet be the best for WS at rank 15?

Mikinaak Gauntlets
Attack+13
Haste+4%

Mikinaak Greaves
Attack+10
Store TP+5 Haste+4%

Hands should be best until the near gear is released. (hand for SAM from new Delve boss)

Whirlpool Greaves
Accuracy+13 Attack+20
Haste+5%

Do we have info out already on new boss gear?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-31 12:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if you mean updated Tojil/Dakuwaqa/Muyingwa gear or the upcoming 2 new ones, but if it's former: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117087-Translated-Gear-Take-these-for-granite
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-31 12:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Not sure if you mean updated Tojil/Dakuwaqa/Muyingwa gear or the upcoming 2 new ones, but if it's former: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117087-Translated-Gear-Take-these-for-granite

Was asking about the latter, I thought he already knew the stats from the new boss gear.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-31 12:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Don't think that info is available anywhere yet.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-31 13:15:00
Link | Citer | R

Mikinaak Gauntlets
Attack+13
Haste+4%

Mikinaak Greaves
Attack+10
Store TP+5 Haste+4%

Whirlpool Greaves
Accuracy+13 Attack+20
Haste+5%

Do we have info out already on new boss gear?

We do not. But look at the current gear. All arrows point towards them wrecking Mikinaak like the other pieces already do.

Yao head > Miki
Whirlpool feet > Miki (unless you need the 4stp)
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-08-04 09:05:40
Link | Citer | R

ok 2 questions, first, how much gear haste is needed in magic haste/hasso situations?

Second my pc is functioning properly so gotta ask atm, how much stp do i need to 5 hit tsurumaru (spelling, from delve shark)

edit: 5hit and 6 hit plz
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-04 09:21:56
Link | Citer | R

You can cap delay reduction with only 25% gear haste if you have capped magic haste and Hasso up with AF3+2 legs. 24% gear haste with Ionis.

And you need 24 STP to 5-hit with Tsurumaru assuming no additional sources of Save TP.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-08-04 09:26:59
Link | Citer | R

pft i thought it would be like last resort and allow me to use less gear haste >.>

oh and i found the stp i needed thanks ^^
 Shiva.Kinzu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Pra
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-08-04 18:41:19
Link | Citer | R

What do you all think of Mura after the update? Still valuable/viable option you think? or will it lose it's utility a bit post update due to overall damage increase from melees? I bought five mura cells and I'm still on the fence of turning it into a Mura. Still four more bosses to go, so know who knows what could happen.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-05 08:11:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kinzu said: »
What do you all think of Mura after the update? Still valuable/viable option you think? or will it lose it's utility a bit post update due to overall damage increase from melees? I bought five mura cells and I'm still on the fence of turning it into a Mura. Still four more bosses to go, so know who knows what could happen.

Situationally awesome, as it currently stands. It uses will continue to go down due to its low base damage.

Like the first 25% of Tojil I use Tsurumaru instead of Mura. On the crabs in Foret however Mura is quite the tool.
 Shiva.Kinzu
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-08-05 12:47:11
Link | Citer | R

Situationally awesome, as it currently stands. It uses will continue to go down due to its low base damage.

Like the first 25% of Tojil I use Tsurumaru instead of Mura. On the crabs in Foret however Mura is quite the tool.

I see! Thanks for the advice. How quick were you killing the crabs in Foret with Mura? Did your shell use multiple Muras?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-05 13:04:49
Link | Citer | R

I see! Thanks for the advice. How quick were you killing the crabs in Foret with Mura? Did your shell use multiple Muras?

We use 1 Mura. First crab is like a minute, maybe 90 seconds. 2nd Krab is 4-5 Minutes. 3/4 MNKs, 1 Mura
 Shiva.Kinzu
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-08-05 16:38:18
Link | Citer | R

We use 1 Mura. First crab is like a minute, maybe 90 seconds. 2nd Krab is 4-5 Minutes. 3/4 MNKs, 1 Mura

Ahh! Thanks for the insight. I'll be picking this Mura up. Even with this update it seems it will still have a lot of utility in Hennitel, and it may be useful in with these newer bosses!
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-08-06 13:02:08
Link | Citer | R

You can cap delay reduction with only 25% gear haste if you have capped magic haste and Hasso up with AF3+2 legs. 24% gear haste with Ionis.

Unless I'm missing a equation floor somewhere, I come out with another value:

Equipment Caps at: 256/1024 = 25%
Magic Caps at 448/1024 = 43.75%
JA with Hasso+Pants 127/1024 = 12.40%

Magic+JA = 56.15

Cap at 80-56.15 = 23.85 needed in gear

That would mean, with Hasso, capped Magic Haste, and Unkai+2 Leg, you should only need 24 Haste with those conditions and not 25.

I haven't found a source for the x/1024 value for the new Ionis but with just the weak ionis effect (12/1024), you can get away with 23 haste. With the stronger (presumably 2% Haste), following that trend, you can go with 22 and still cap.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-06 13:14:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Keityan said: »

Magic+JA = 56.15

That would mean, with Hasso, capped Magic Haste, and Unkai+2 Leg, you should only need 24 Haste with those conditions and not 25.

I haven't found a source for the x/1024 value for the new Ionis but with just the weak ionis effect (12/1024), you can get away with 23 haste. With the stronger (presumably 2% Haste), following that trend, you can go with 22 and still cap.

Except that basically all values in FFXI are floored after each calculation. So, 12.4% JA haste is actually 12% JA haste, 56.15% magic haste is actually 56% magic haste, etc. There may be exceptions, but that's the general rule.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-08-06 13:29:56
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

Magic+JA = 56.15

Except that basically all values in FFXI are floored after each calculation. So, 12.4% JA haste is actually 12% JA haste, 56.15% magic haste is actually 56% magic haste, etc. There may be exceptions, but that's the general rule.

Doing JA/Magic/Gear the way I did it may seem to floor at individual steps, but because how all of these values are lumped into delay reduction, it could look like this instead:

Example Values: Floor((1024-(256gear+448magic+127ja))/1024)

---------
Edit: Jassik: With your explanation of flooring, the JA + Haste value would be 55 instead of 56 (43+12). This would mean that you'd still need 256/1024 to cap out Gear Haste. In this case, you'd be saying that both llew and my math are wrong since with that type of flooring you explained, we'd need 26% in gear to cap at 25%. (which is alright if it's true... but is it?)

Do you have a source that confirms your flooring?
 Asura.Solara
Serveur: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-08-06 14:45:32
Link | Citer | R

Doing JA/Magic/Gear the way I did it may seem to floor at individual steps, but because how all of these values are lumped into delay reduction, it could look like this instead:

---------
Edit: Jassik: With your explanation of flooring, the JA + Haste value would be 55 instead of 56 (43+12). This would mean that you'd still need 256/1024 to cap out Gear Haste. In this case, you'd be saying that both llew and my math are wrong since with that type of flooring you explained, we'd need 26% in gear to cap at 25%. (which is alright if it's true... but is it?)

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Haste:_In_Depth_by_Kirschy
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-06 14:59:32
Link | Citer | R

from what is listed in that and other tests I've seen, all sources in a category are added then floored. I don't have access to all the values atm, but haste is a fraction of 512 or 1024 (i honestly don't know exacts). I'm not saying anyone is wrong, but I've never seen someone express haste caps with that kind of decimal valu because it's floored.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-08-06 15:20:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solara said: »

---------

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Haste:_In_Depth_by_Kirschy

Good link and the source of my calculations, but the contributing factor of why I calculated it this way is the fact that her determined haste values cap at decimal values as well-- which means it simply can not be floored in individual categories of JA/Magic/Gear. In this case, that link confirms my flooring.

Update:
I confirmed the flooring with Sylow (and he asked Motenten), and it is not floored at all.

You only need 24% Haste to cap with buffs (no Ionis) and 22% haste with buffs to cap with 2% from Ionis.
 Fenrir.Dingie
Serveur: Fenrir
user: lilaznkru
By Fenrir.Dingie 2013-08-11 19:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Just trying to get some feedback on updated gear for sam. Constructive feedback appreciated.

With tsurumaru and new Otronif set available it seems a 4 hit is viable.

Using the Otronif set (not including body) and goading belt caps haste at 26%.

From testing, tsurumaru returns 35 tp per shoha. According to ffxi calculator, only 49 store tp in gear is necessary for a 4 hit (3 attacks + shoha).

This set is actually 51 with k'yares so you can even 4 hit with tyrants with 1 store tp extra.

That opens up body to (juogi) DA/TA (Porthos) options?

ItemSet 310721

The only thing I'm not sure about is how much TP is lost with tsurumaru if one hit of shoha misses. In which case you could just add another store tp body to make up for it? Does the one hit missing on shoha return 25 TP only? I'm a little confused as to why tsurumaru shoha returns 35 TP.

The BGwiki on save tp describes the save tp as guaranteeing the return of tp equal to the amount of save tp, where the tp gain is less than the save tp amount. So shouldn't save tp return WSs of 25 TP? Or does it return 35 tp because shoha is 2 hit?

Thanks for any feedback in advance!
 Asura.Dimpson
Serveur: Asura
user: dimpson
By Asura.Dimpson 2013-08-12 03:58:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dingie said: »

The only thing I'm not sure about is how much TP is lost with tsurumaru if one hit of shoha misses. In which case you could just add another store tp body to make up for it? Does the one hit missing on shoha return 25 TP only? I'm a little confused as to why tsurumaru shoha returns 35 TP.

The BGwiki on save tp describes the save tp as guaranteeing the return of tp equal to the amount of save tp, where the tp gain is less than the save tp amount. So shouldn't save tp return WSs of 25 TP? Or does it return 35 tp because shoha is 2 hit?

You get 35 TP from shoha because of Ionis Save tp +10. this makes missing a hit irrelevant to your store tp for the next WS.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-12 04:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Is Otronif the new upcoming Delve gear?
By Tickmeoff 2013-08-12 04:29:08
Link | Citer | R

Upcoming skirmish gear
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-12 14:07:12
Link | Citer | R

Just trying to get some feedback on updated gear for sam. Constructive feedback appreciated.

From testing, tsurumaru returns 35 tp per shoha. According to ffxi calculator, only 49 store tp in gear is necessary for a 4 hit (3 attacks + shoha).

This set is actually 51 with k'yares so you can even 4 hit with tyrants with 1 store tp extra.

ItemSet 310721

You need AF3+2 legs in your build. Pretty much the first piece in any SAM TP set.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-12 14:11:40
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 310721

You need AF3+2 legs in your build. Pretty much the first piece in any SAM TP set.

What are you thoughts on Juogi, I don't think I've seen a respectable TP set with it for SAM, but it would seem to be a possibility now.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-12 14:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Tsurumaru will absolutely always return 25TP without Ionis and 35TP with Ionis regardless of which hit misses.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-12 14:25:52
Link | Citer | R

I think any set that would use Juogi +1 over AF3+2, Porthos + Windbuffet would be better.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-12 14:32:45
Link | Citer | R

I think any set that would use Juogi +1 over AF3+2, Porthos + Windbuffet would be better.

Makes sense, it's just the first time in a very long time that +2 body isn't more or less locked in.
 Shiva.Tedril
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-12 18:35:08
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 310344

Would that kinda be what you mean?

Edit: ignore name I changed an old set...
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 35 36 37