[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 35 36 37
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-09 14:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Legend said: »
Is Phorcys or mikinaak body better for Shoha?

Phorcys is always better. Even if ACC is below cap.
[+]
 Asura.Voevode
Serveur: Asura
user: voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-10 04:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Friend asked about 4-hit with tsuru, came up with this:

ItemSet 306934

Back piece being new JSE cape with 10 stp etc...

Pretty much ridiculous, but eh for knowledge's sake it can be done with 25% haste. Minor haste bonus from ionis coming soon (I believe) will likely make the belt a little more reasonable.

(I dislike rose strap a LOT... would make this easier, but not willing to sacrifice ws dmg)
 Bismarck.Squah
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2013-07-16 10:14:23
Link | Citer | R

Why not Usu body/feet? Gain 1 STP and 2 extra haste. Style points too
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-16 11:37:09
Link | Citer | R

I generally have Samurai Roll if I have Ionis since I really only play SAM in Delve so my sets differ, but if you only have Ionis then a 4-hit still wouldn't be a bad idea. Voevode's set and Squah's suggestions will differ depending on fSTR and dDEX values and the path you chose on Mikinaak Greaves, but like 90% of the time Voevode's set will come up ahead.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-16 12:26:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
I generally have Samurai Roll if I have Ionis since I really only play SAM in Delve so my sets differ, but if you only have Ionis then a 4-hit still wouldn't be a bad idea. Voevode's set and Squah's suggestions will differ depending on fSTR and dDEX values and the path you chose on Mikinaak Greaves, but like 90% of the time Voevode's set will come up ahead.

With 6-8 songs, 4 rolls its hard enough keeping up with the 5hit I posted (2hit with Zanshin proc)

Human factor starts playing a roll and unless you are using AutoExec to WS dropping below a 5hit isn't as big of a DPS boost as the spreadsheet leads you to believe.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-16 12:28:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
With 6-8 songs, 4 rolls its hard enough keeping up with the 5hit I posted (2hit with Zanshin proc) Human factor starts playing a roll and unless you are using AutoExec to WS dropping below a 5hit isn't as big of a DPS boost as the spreadsheet leads you to believe.

Heavily hasted I had trouble maintaing a 5hit without going over virtually everytime.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-16 12:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Nah, I don't use AutoExec for WSs, but I only hit my macro late maybe... 20% of the time. (Used to be a lot more until I got rid of Cast Delay. @.@ Can't believe I used that for WSs for so long!)
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-16 12:37:18
Link | Citer | R

And you really still 5-hit with Samurai Roll and Ionis? It doesn't take much of anything to 4-hit with Tsurumaru with those. D:
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-16 13:04:56
Link | Citer | R

And you really still 5-hit with Samurai Roll and Ionis? It doesn't take much of anything to 4-hit with Tsurumaru with those. D:

I use a 4.5hit. 4hit with SAMs roll.

Zanshin proc is 71.2 tp + 30 from WS.

ItemSet 222265

Next to impossible to keep up with the TP gain and I end up swinging in WS gear sometimes trying to anticipate.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-16 13:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Ah, ok. I use different sets for whether I have SAM Roll or not. And the leading cause of my DPS loss is anticipating a WS but the last auto attack ends up missing. :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-16 13:09:28
Link | Citer | R

Ah, ok. I use different sets for whether I have SAM Roll or not. And the leading cause of my DPS loss is anticipating a WS but the last auto attack ends up missing. :(

Yeah I set my SCs up for 3 sets. But the posted one always does the best. No SAMs roll or low buffs and the 2hit Zanshin proc is a factor, high buffs and its a 4hit.

I might add an auto WS function to my SC.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-07-18 18:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Is the Naakual GK better then the Trails TP bonus GK?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-18 18:51:26
Link | Citer | R

If you mean Suijingiri, yes.
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2013-07-18 18:56:50
Link | Citer | R

If I recall correctly everything after Tomonari release except for "maybe" the Bayld weapons beats ToM TP bonus.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-07-18 18:58:48
Link | Citer | R

All right. Guess its time to put this thing away. Thanks for the fast answers.
 Carbuncle.Nitecon
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Nitecon
By Carbuncle.Nitecon 2013-07-20 16:50:30
Link | Citer | R

Curious as to what sams are using for food vs Tojil/Shark/Bee?

If sams are using RCB or even pizza and close to capping out acc, what TP/hybrid set are you guys using?

Buff wise, I get access to hunter's and SV N/T madrigals during boss runs from very well geared brds.

Current acc set i'm using comes in at 675 total acc (26 haste), and my hybrid is 603 acc (24 haste) with -34pdt and -25mdt. Item sets below:

ItemSet 286662

ItemSet 287199
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-20 17:23:30
Link | Citer | R

Actually haven't updated my Hybrid sets in quite a while... I should do that. Here's my accuracy set, though:

ItemSet 308572

I cap with Red Curry Buns on Dakuwaqa with that. SV Mads, Hunter's, Bolstered GEO Evasion Down (I don't know the names of GEO spells yet <.<)
Only gone SAM to Tojil once and don't remember my accuracy so I can't speak for that, and Bee I'm not capping accuracy once Aggressor falls even in my full accuracy set with Sole Sushi which is:

ItemSet 308273
Upgrade would be Whirlpool Greaves + Buremte Gloves.

Below 20% on Bee I swap to Murasamemaru since damage goes to hell which I'm not sure is a good or bad idea considering the further accuracy issues in WS set...

Edit: On our last Bee my accuracy was 88%. Not sure what the exact cause is/when it's below cap, but it certainly would seem as long as all buffs are up, I should be capped with that set. I guess a late Wild Card (no Aggressor) or swapping to Murasamemaru may be the culprit of the uncapped acc in that parse.
 Carbuncle.Nitecon
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Nitecon
By Carbuncle.Nitecon 2013-07-20 17:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for that Llewelyn, our TP sets and hybrid sets look pretty similar. For Tojil i tried hydra kofte and was close to capping on acc.

I think I ended at 88% but that's due to having to use hybrid+HP set as one Lahar got off.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-20 17:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nitecon said: »
Thanks for that Llewelyn, our TP sets and hybrid sets look pretty similar. For Tojil i tried hydra kofte and was close to capping on acc.

I think I ended at 88% but that's due to having to use hybrid+HP set as one Lahar got off.
Well I didn't list my Hybrid set in there. ^^; This is what I whipped up in 30 seconds:

ItemSet 308574

Certainly recommend getting rid of some of the DT slots and putting in more accuracy if you choose to not use Sushi/Pizza.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-20 18:53:13
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Wouldn't Unkai Body +2 grant more accuracy than Twilight because of 10% Zanshin?

The higher your accuracy, the less Zanshin rate helps, I'd imagine the DEX on twilight makes up for the loss of zanshin rate.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-21 22:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Update for knowledge's sake! Did Bee on SAM again and had capped accuracy with the "Full Accuracy" set I listed earlier on the page. Aggressor never fell and didn't bother swapping to Murasamemaru since it was going down pretty fast anyway (3 min 15 sec fight). Same buffs as last time. Doing another right now and will try my medium accuracy set to get a better idea of how much accuracy to shoot for on Bee.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-21 23:07:38
Link | Citer | R

Update for knowledge's sake! Did Bee on SAM again and had capped accuracy with the "Full Accuracy" set I listed earlier on the page. Aggressor never fell and didn't bother swapping to Murasamemaru since it was going down pretty fast anyway (3 min 15 sec fight). Same buffs as last time. Doing another right now and will try my medium accuracy set to get a better idea of how much accuracy to shoot for on Bee.
88% Accuracy in my Medium Accuracy set. Same buffs etc., etc. Had a couple auto attack rounds go off in a half TP/WS set due to lag spikes and needing to hit my TP macro multiple times for all my gear to switch so probably closer to 89%/90%. Should cap by swapping to Buremte Gloves, Whirlpool Greaves (or Mikinaak Greaves) and Takaha Mantle (to maintain 4-hit).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-07-22 00:20:37
Link | Citer | R

Whats the value in bringing SAM for Muyingwa? MurasameMastop? Curious because I don't want to have to lvl RNG
 Ragnarok.Treubaut
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: tree32
By Ragnarok.Treubaut 2013-07-22 00:32:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Whats the value in bringing SAM for Muyingwa? MurasameMastop? Curious because I don't want to have to lvl RNG

Just cleared Muyingwa today with my LS. Murasamemaru confirmed for tearing the bee apart under 25% compared to Tsurumaru. Was doing 2~5k Shoha's with it compared to 500~1.5k with Tsuru.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raizensun
user: Raizensun
By Ragnarok.Raizensun 2013-07-22 00:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Just to be honest here I'm a full-time sam and I am greatful for all the input in this trend. Quick question what would be the best shoha set up for 95 masa? I need to update m profile to show my gear but I'm just looking for input. Mala and w. Belt seem to beat out my ele belt, neck set quite often and I'm thinking about pumping more str in place of those soon.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-22 00:58:45
Link | Citer | R

Murasamemaru on Mastop and Muyingwa is nice, but I think any DD would work in that slot in my opinion (non-Mura SAM included). We're clearing with more than 5 mins to spare, and I'm certain not having a Murasamemaru wouldn't prevent us from clearing.

Ragnarok.Treubaut said: »
Just cleared Muyingwa today with my LS. Murasamemaru confirmed for tearing the bee apart under 25% compared to Tsurumaru. Was doing 2~5k Shoha's with it compared to 500~1.5k with Tsuru.
Yeah, it's nice for the end of Muyingwa, but the fight is more dependent on RNGs than the SAM. In our fights they're doing 18-21%, DRG about 11-14%, SAM around 10%, and MNK around 8-9%. Piercing absolutely destroys that thing. We even had a COR outparse our MNK on one fight, lol. I forgot what his excuse was. :3

Also might be worth noting the final and biggest damage reduction happens at 20%, not 25%; at least that's the conclusion I've come to after viewing our fight from a RNG's perspective.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-22 01:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raizensun said: »
Just to be honest here I'm a full-time sam and I am greatful for all the input in this trend. Quick question what would be the best shoha set up for 95 masa? I need to update m profile to show my gear but I'm just looking for input. Mala and w. Belt seem to beat out my ele belt, neck set quite often and I'm thinking about pumping more str in place of those soon.
Elemental Gorget/Belt if you need accuracy. Mala/Windbuffet otherwise.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raizensun
user: Raizensun
By Ragnarok.Raizensun 2013-07-22 01:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for your input good sir I can post my shoha set when I get home form the bar have an awesome day or nite (depending on your time zone)
 Ragnarok.Treubaut
user: tree32
By Ragnarok.Treubaut 2013-07-22 01:15:50
Link | Citer | R

Murasamemaru on Mastop and Muyingwa is nice, but I think any DD would work in that slot in my opinion (non-Mura SAM included). We're clearing with more than 5 mins to spare, and I'm certain not having a Murasamemaru wouldn't prevent us from clearing the zone.

Ragnarok.Treubaut said: »
Yeah, it's nice for the end of Muyingwa, but the fight is more dependent on RNGs than the SAM. In our fights they're doing 18-21%, DRG about 11-14%, SAM around 10%, and MNK around 8-9%. Piercing absolutely destroys that thing. We even had a COR outparse our MNK on one fight, lol. I forgot what his excuse was. :3

Also might be worth noting the final and biggest damage reduction happens at 20%, not 25%; at least that's the conclusion I've come to after viewing our fight from a RNG's perspective.
Agreed, RNG completely trashes the bee. My RNGs were having loads of fun with the new bullets. We actually watched your video before our runs lol. Combo of a melee + range party is great for attempting 5/5 + Boss.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 35 36 37