[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 35 36 37
 Fenrir.Svens
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2013-05-08 14:26:36
Link | Citer | R

For ugui, I came up with the following set:

ItemSet 300243

I'm still a beginner sam, so not sure if it's actually a 5-hit, but I think it is with 15 stp during WS and both hits connect. If I'm wrong or there are improvements to be made, let me know. I only made this using FFXI calculator and requiring 5hit, unkai+2 legs, and capped haste (Bonus for not using phorcys as I don't have any).
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-05-08 14:29:20
Link | Citer | R

I'm not going to math out your STP, but 5-hit with conditions isn't a true 5-hit. Aim for a perfect 5-hit, or it'll hurt whenever you miss a hit.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2013-05-08 15:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Would have to get 18 TP back from a WS and I am not really sure how you would pull that off. Also lacking a lot of accuracy that you need for new SoA NMs.
 Fenrir.Svens
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2013-05-08 15:29:38
Link | Citer | R

It could be the calculator messing up as I still don't have shoha in game, determining that a 2hit ws with +15 stp from gear for sam will yield 18 tp, which should apply to shoha. As for the acc, compared to Taint's set, it would only be +94 acc vs +75 acc, assuming both used ugui. If acc was an issue, I would just forget the 5-hit build and gear for acc instead.

As for the set being a conditional 5-hit, I'm still trying to determine a good build using what I have available. From what I have, trying to make a perfect 5hit would sacrifice too much in stats to make it worthwhile, and double checking with the DPS spreadsheet confirms this, although it may be different in high buff situations. Also, it doesn't seem too bad, only requiring both hits from shoha versus multiple successful hits from a high multihit ws.
 Asura.Backstab
Serveur: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2013-05-09 05:04:52
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Mavre said: »
I'm showing that in order to 5-hit with Ugui you need 55 stp if you are still going to use ItemSet 298509 to shoha in, which I haven't seen anything posted that says this set is not still best for now. Is 55 stp even possible without completely disregarding all other stats?

ItemSet 300300

I show this as a 6-hit, still able to use the above shoha set, 25% haste, and before upgrading the body/weapon, +119 accuracy. I don't have a ton of experience with spreadsheeting and calculating acc/att caps, but I know I have read plenty about how evasive delve nm's are. This may be over the top on accuracy, but its easy enough to sub in other parts (change out ring, ammo, neck for example) if it is too much. Thoughts?

119 acc + loads of dex in the tp set but only like 17 acc in the WS set?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-05-13 05:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Looked over some of the Mikinaak stuff since I was bored and thought I'd post what I've found. Only played around with Kogarasumaru(AM3) and Masamune(AM1) sets, though. All information is assuming path A and ignoring Yaoyotl Helm/Whirlpool Greaves. Fighter's/Samurai Roll were not used in any comparisons.

Kogarasumaru
:

Masamune:

Didn't really do any proofreading. Apologies if I derped somewhere.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-05-13 11:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Went ahead and played with Uguisumaru with Mikinaak stuff as well since I had nothing better to do. Same conditions as my prior post.

Uguisumaru:
[+]
By skyblast 2013-05-13 15:03:35
Link | Citer | R

nice guide :P lol
By Gimp 2013-05-14 07:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Given the delay of ugusiumaru is anyone able to 5 Hit this and cap accuracy on delve bosses and nq mobs?

Android wouldn't let close that gap on 5 hit...
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-14 08:21:01
Link | Citer | R

If by delve boss, you mean inside Naakual, no, that is not possible to 5 hit and cap accuracy unless there is an unknow gimmick but didn't seems like it.
By Gimp 2013-05-14 08:47:46
Link | Citer | R

sorry I should clarify I mean stuff like Tax'et and the like.
 Shiva.Kinzu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Pra
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-05-14 12:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have mid level and high level sets for the ugly GKT?

Been gone two weeks, so a bit behind it seems :X.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-14 12:59:06
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 299677
 Shiva.Kinzu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Pra
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-05-14 13:40:42
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Taint! Seems best to just rock a 6 hit then force a true 5 hit thats probably going to whiff and build tp at the same rate of a 6 hit anyway. The calculator i used showed that in order for a true 5 hit (4 after ws) needed to tp in 53 stp and ws in 11 Stp, thats also counting a 17.3 return on ws which judging the amount of acc we need both shoha hits probably wont land all the time unlike fodder content.
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2013-05-14 14:11:25
Link | Citer | R

Here's a low/mid set for any returning players (it's what I use without brd or cor buffs), tons of acc, all easily available and cheap to get you started:

ItemSet 300997

obvious easy upgrades: belt+1 and mars ring, new earring set (16k plasm), and new feet with dex/acc path (15k or 18k plasm, not sure)

and a WS set with a bunch of accuracy:

ItemSet 301000

for pick up delve groups where you're receiving no buffs. mikinaak breastplate is 20k plasm

Plan to go back and wreck VW, NNI and Salv2, for the necessary pieces after gearing up in delve. May not be the intended path, but it's certainly more efficient.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-15 04:02:03
Link | Citer | R

Assuming a mob would have about 850 def / 850 evasion, 120 agi, 120 vit.

What would you use ? no rng or war in pt, 4 roll, 8 song, no soul voice.

edit: Assuming average roll, not lucky/XI.
By mattyc 2013-05-15 09:50:02
Link | Citer | R

has anyone done math on Miki. Breastplate (Rank 15 path A) against Phorcys for Shoha? interested to hear about that.
 Odin.Zelphes
Serveur: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-05-15 19:38:22
Link | Citer | R

mattyc said: »
has anyone done math on Miki. Breastplate (Rank 15 path A) against Phorcys for Shoha? interested to hear about that.

Yes, it's a noticeable loss in DPS against Phorcys.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-05-26 15:56:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to be finishing my Amano within the week, looking for a bit of advice on an entry level 5hit TP set. I don't do NNI, Delve or Salvage yet, looking to buff up my SAM to get me into the harder level content.

ItemSet 302236

Is this a decent TP set to secure a 5hit with Shoha? Am I overshooting STP here? I can't seem to find a way to cap haste and maintain a 5hit given my gear options (Phos +1 is out of my price range).
By Azorius 2013-05-26 16:10:23
Link | Citer | R

I've looked around in this Forum and I figured this would be the appropriate place to ask.

Does anyone have an Apex Arrow set? And what is the Hierarchy to stack? AGI > STR > RATT? Thanks!
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-05-26 16:15:07
Link | Citer | R

Azorius said: »
I've looked around in this Forum and I figured this would be the appropriate place to ask.

Does anyone have an Apex Arrow set? And what is the Hierarchy to stack? AGI > STR > RATT? Thanks!

This is what I use except for the feet which I'm 0/5 on:
ItemSet 298937
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-05-29 23:48:56
Link | Citer | R

I just got my Yoichinoyumi a couple hours ago, and here's what I'm using so far for Namas:

ItemSet 302660

The legs I'm kind of iffy on... My options (as of right now) are Karieyh brayettes, Ogier's breeches (wasn't sure if the +3% damage would be worth it since no other modifiers are present on that piece), or NQ Tenryu hakama which I suppose I could augment, but meh...

Obviously chocaliztli boots are better in the feet slot, but I haven't gotten a pair as of yet.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

EDIT: I totally forgot that I had mikinaak cuisses- I will use those.

Additional Edit: Yoichinoyumi is now level 99 and my set has been updated.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2013-05-30 00:03:17
Link | Citer | R

off the top of my head Quauhpilli Helm, on days that Mekira don't apply.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-05-30 00:13:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm presently 0/6 on quauhpilli helm... I'm pretty much f*ck that dinosaur.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-31 14:57:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »

ItemSet 298937
Apex even worth it?
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-31 15:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
I'm presently 0/6 on quauhpilli helm... I'm pretty much f*ck that dinosaur.

Shura+1 is an easy to get alternative
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-06-01 00:55:46
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »

ItemSet 298937
Apex even worth it?
With Yoichinoyumi, definitely not. With Speleogen Bow, though, with 5/5 merits it does a little bit more than a 99 Yoichi's Namas Arrow, but it's still worse if you're often given the opportunity to self-skillchain, since Apex doesn't skillchain with itself. One upside, though is no Yoichi Aftermath to interfere with your Masa/Amano/Koga if you choose to equip yourself with both bow and REM GK allowing for potentially strong skillchains. Once the REM buff comes around, I don't see any reason to have Apex merited at all unless you don't have a 99 Yoichinoyumi or REM GK.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 35 36 37