[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 35 36 37
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-21 07:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Mirvana said: »
Does Tomo+1 still carry same TPbonus as NQ?
Yes they are both 50 assuming there hasn't been any new findings since the Tomonari thread.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nishida
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nishida
By Quetzalcoatl.Nishida 2013-04-21 09:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zelphes said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Nishida said: »
I was using the STP Calculator found here: http://www.heckdesigns.com/demos/ffxi-calculators/stp.php
It shows needing 47 stp in gear and that's what I have with that set.
ItemSet 297582
The STP calculator only calculates the amount of STP used during TP phase. Obviously, for WS you use less STP, thus you have to make up for loss of STP during TP phase.
Valefor.Angierus said: »
I wouldn't drop haste (23% haste) using Goading to make up for STP.
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
ItemSet 294554
Can use bullwhip belt if no Phos
ItemSet 294555
Boots/Ring can be swapped for Omodaka/Rajas if you want.
Can also use Atheling if you want still not sure which is actually better.
TP
1.91 * 10.7 = 20.4
20.4 * 4 = 81.6

Shoha
1.51 * 10.7 = 16.1
81.6 + 16.1 + 1.5 = 99.2

Lack some STP in those builds.
Well I was trying to avoid Rose Strap because I have zero Allied Notes, and an expired rank 1 medal for campaign.
You can get away using Pole Grip assuming both hits land on Shoha to maintain 5-hit w/o sacrificing too much offensive stats.
TP
ItemSet 297620

Shoha
ItemSet 297621
TP
1.92 * 10.7 = 20.5
20.5 * 4 = 82

Shoha
1.56 * 10.7 = 16.6
82 + 16.6 + 1.5 = 100.1

Using Tomo+1 allows you to WS in Omodaka Sune-Ate.
TP
1.93 * 10.7 = 20.6
20.6 * 4 = 82.4

Shoha
1.52 * 10.7 = 16.2
82.4 + 16.2 + 1.5 = 100.1

So at the end of the day if I want to use Tomonari I'm stuck with getting NNI gear? I was mostly trying to avoid NNI gear as doing NNI is a pain in the *** for me. How bad is a Tomonari 6-Hit vs. a Kantonotachi 5-hit build? I'm not very good at spreadsheets. :X
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-21 09:04:13
Link | Citer | R

You need NNI gear not just to 5-hit that GKT. You need it because 3 pieces are/were the best in slot for SAM.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nishida
By Quetzalcoatl.Nishida 2013-04-21 09:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
You need NNI gear not just to 5-hit that GKT. You need it because 3 pieces are/were the best in slot for SAM.

Clearly if I'm trying to make a Tomonari build I'm not concerned with best in slot as I'm sure R/E/M are probably still better. I just want gear that will get me by enough to do most endgame. I don't care if I'm the #1 DPSer in the group.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-21 09:18:59
Link | Citer | R

Not that I want to encourage that mind set but unless I'm blind the only NNI piece contributing to STP is the head so you should be able to keep the 5 hit with Unkai.

That said for some endgame events NNI gear is considered the standard so it should be on your todo list regardless (I know it's on mine)
 Quetzalcoatl.Nishida
By Quetzalcoatl.Nishida 2013-04-21 09:22:38
Link | Citer | R

All of my jobs would benefit highly from NNI. The problem is that I haven't done NI assault since 75 cap so I'm way out of practice, I don't have a group of people to static runs with, the only rare shouts for it I see on my server want a BRD or SCH (jobs I dont have nor do I want to level), and none of my jobs have R/E/M and a lot of people are biased towards not letting people in without them. So it becomes extremely difficult to get into one run let alone multiple runs enough to complete 3 sets of gear.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-21 09:27:45
Link | Citer | R

nni isn't really the same thing as ni, and tominari is about on par with 90 masamune dps wise. i think you should examine that mindset, you can't expect to ask for help making a build around new gear if you won't even attempt to get year old gear
 Quetzalcoatl.Nishida
By Quetzalcoatl.Nishida 2013-04-21 09:36:52
Link | Citer | R

nni isn't really the same thing as ni, and tominari is about on par with 90 masamune dps wise. i think you should examine that mindset, you can't expect to ask for help making a build around new gear if you won't even attempt to get year old gear

I can if the new gear is easier to obtain.
 Odin.Zelphes
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-04-21 09:52:15
Link | Citer | R

So at the end of the day if I want to use Tomonari I'm stuck with getting NNI gear? I was mostly trying to avoid NNI gear as doing NNI is a pain in the *** for me. How bad is a Tomonari 6-Hit vs. a Kantonotachi 5-hit build? I'm not very good at spreadsheets. :X
If you absolutely can't/won't use Phorcys or Rose - it means you'll have to substitute for subpar changes.

Swapping Phorcys head for Usu head+1 means you'll have to WS in:

- Tomo
- Hagneia Stone
- Brutal
- Rajas
- AF3 legs
- Karieyh Feet
- Missuchi Kappa.

comes to 100

or

Use Tactical Mantle + Usu head+1 and WS in stuff like:

- Tomo
- Brutal
- Rajas
- Karieyh Feet
- Missuchi Kappa.

comes to 100.1

But if NNI is out of your reach, I'd suggest swapping out unkai body/phorcys head with Unkai head/usu body+1.

You keep x-build, capped haste - no gross downgrades to WS set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nishida
By Quetzalcoatl.Nishida 2013-04-21 10:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Unkai Head and Usu body loses 1% haste over the other set which uncaps haste.

Going with Usu head +1 and WSing in the gear you said is a loss of 40 atk and 8 str for WS's. How does that compare to losing 1% Haste for TP round?
 Odin.Zelphes
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-04-21 11:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Unkai Head and Usu body loses 1% haste over the other set which uncaps haste.

Going with Usu head +1 and WSing in the gear you said is a loss of 40 atk and 8 str for WS's. How does that compare to losing 1% Haste for TP round?
There's nothing to compare. It caps haste (set has 27% haste).
 Quetzalcoatl.Nishida
By Quetzalcoatl.Nishida 2013-04-21 13:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Oh right I forgot Usu had the set bonus. My bad! ^^;
 Carbuncle.Kewa
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: yumaria
By Carbuncle.Kewa 2013-04-21 14:00:58
Link | Citer | R

So I have been reading up on this and I haven't found if Tomonari is better then 85 Masa? and is it still better or worse then 90 Masa?
By Delvish 2013-04-21 18:06:10
Link | Citer | R

Just wanted to toss in the Kawatsutsuminotachi (the long name magian GK). I have the OA2-4 version and it is quite possibly the most fun I've ever had with a GK. I'd toss it up there since you have Soboro since it is essentially Soboro +1. I haven't done any parses with it, but when teamed up with Yoichinoyumi, I pretty much don't stop WSing unless I get unlucky with a single attack. On the flip side, I occasionally go 21% (Namas TP return) to 100% instantly.

The only draw back to this GK is the fact that it has less damage than some daggers. This makes any GK WS you do and the basic attacks themselves significantly lack-luster. High-def mobs may even start hitting for 0 and an equivalent in TP gain. For anything that you don't need Amano ACC+ or the damage rating for though (i.e. VW, NNI, etc), I dare say this GK might come out on top when paired with Yoichi.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-04-21 18:07:23
Link | Citer | R

90+ > Tomo > KantoTP > 85 is how i think it comes out.
By Gimp 2013-04-21 18:15:39
Link | Citer | R

as I understand Kawa is a pretty good dynamis farmer also.
 Carbuncle.Kewa
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: yumaria
By Carbuncle.Kewa 2013-04-22 13:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Would Dynamic Belt +1 be worth losing 1% haste vs. 11 ACC and 4Str during tp phase?
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-04-22 13:35:35
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Kewa said: »
Would Dynamic Belt +1 be worth losing 1% haste vs. 11 ACC and 4Str during tp phase?

No, situationally Yes, but No.
By Kewa 2013-04-22 13:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Carbuncle.Kewa said: »

No, situationally Yes, but No.
Thanks Taint. :)
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-04-22 13:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Delvish said: »
Just wanted to toss in the Kawatsutsuminotachi (the long name magian GK). I have the OA2-4 version and it is quite possibly the most fun I've ever had with a GK. I'd toss it up there since you have Soboro since it is essentially Soboro +1. I haven't done any parses with it, but when teamed up with Yoichinoyumi, I pretty much don't stop WSing unless I get unlucky with a single attack. On the flip side, I occasionally go 21% (Namas TP return) to 100% instantly.

The only draw back to this GK is the fact that it has less damage than some daggers. This makes any GK WS you do and the basic attacks themselves significantly lack-luster. High-def mobs may even start hitting for 0 and an equivalent in TP gain. For anything that you don't need Amano ACC+ or the damage rating for though (i.e. VW, NNI, etc), I dare say this GK might come out on top when paired with Yoichi.

Quint spear says hi. Faster TP gain and takes no effort.
By Delvish 2013-04-22 18:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Actually Quint Spear suffers from Kawa's weakness even worse. Only 24DMG on it and the delay is lower too. That delay and subsequently lower TP gain per hit is more detrimental and outweighs the extra occasional one hit. Not to mention that 24 damage is more likely to hit for 0 on anything that has a decent defense. I have one, but only use it when I need polearm procs in VW.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-04-22 18:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Both Kawatsutsumi and Quint Spear use 5-hit builds. Overflow isn't doing anything for Namas either.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-04-22 19:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Delvish said: »
Actually Quint Spear suffers from Kawa's weakness even worse. Only 24DMG on it and the delay is lower too. That delay and subsequently lower TP gain per hit is more detrimental and outweighs the extra occasional one hit. Not to mention that 24 damage is more likely to hit for 0 on anything that has a decent defense. I have one, but only use it when I need polearm procs in VW.

Wat

You hit for 0 due to attack not damage amount.

Kawa's weakness is its terrible 2 to 4 spread. Quint has a 30ish percent chance for Instant 100tp. Kawa has a 10% chance. Obviously the only reason to use either is WS frequency on low to mid lvl jobs and Quint does it better.

The only advantage Kawa has is its a GKT but on the content it has an advantage on Namas loses its edge to Fudo and Kaiten. Once you get back to super high lvl mobs when RA gets its 3x att advantage you are back to using Amano+Yoichi.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-22 20:06:29
Link | Citer | R

Quint is going to lose anytime the lower skill ranking uncaps accuracy, but you wouldn't use either of those in that situation anyway.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Serveur: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-04-23 01:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Kind of working on gearing my SAM as a side project. Haven't unlocked the job yet. So far here's what I have access to..

ItemSet 297984 for TP. Not sure where I stand in terms of xhit. No mala, unfortunately. Have Phorcys Legs, could probably switch to those for when Hasso is down?

ItemSet 297985 So far this is my proposed Shoha build. WS gorget/WS belt? Not sure on 2nd earring/ring because of x-hits etc, I'm assuming Moonshade/STR ring are fine?

Edit: I need to get the campaign grip. :\
 Siren.Alk
Serveur: Siren
user: Alkai
By Siren.Alk 2013-04-24 07:32:28
Link | Citer | R

I see Karieyh Brayettes & Sollerets in many WS sets now, does that mean the big boost to str/attack outweighs the lack of DA?
Been meaning to get a pair of Omodaka feet but dunno now.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-24 09:12:34
Link | Citer | R

Omodaka should still win for Shoha at least.
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-04-24 10:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Lisamarie said: »

for when Hasso is down?

What do these words mean?

Serious answer:
Swap to rose strap to get up to a 5-hit w/ tomo. Grab a bullwhip/phos to get up to haste+25%, and SAM shouldn't ever need to put on Phorcys pants
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-24 11:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Unless you're Third Eye/Seigan tanking in Hybrid build with Saotome haidate+2 augmented legs :)
 Siren.Alk
Serveur: Siren
user: Alkai
By Siren.Alk 2013-04-24 11:42:11
Link | Citer | R

Omodaka should still win for Shoha at least.

What about Avant Cuisses +1 vs Karieyh Brayettes
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 35 36 37